[PvE] Fiery Greatsword nerf too?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Hey, will u nerf the fiery greatsword too, or only critical dmg?
Because without a FGS-nerf, it´s pointless.

It doesn´t matter if bosses die in 5 or 6 second instead of 4. But i will hurt most “normal” groups.
~150.000-250.000 damage in 3 seconds with 1 SkilL! is too much. This is the main reason why bosses are melted down. Not the normal ~ 11-16k dps a berserker usually does.

Don´t forget that we will do nearly the same dmg we did before asc items got released. And dps>all was already the meta to go. Nothing will change.

If u nerf FGS, don´t forget to buff the Elite elementals, they do rly crappy dmg (not even firefields!). And the other FGS skills, 1/2 are weak.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

elementalists are in a real bind; they straight up suck in PvP but they still had a niche in PvE with FGS. They said that they are first removing the rush on PvP and later doing so in PvE. The teleport/rush bug im glad they are removing, it was game breaking and truly OP, but for PvE agaisnt a wall, when the reason it is used is because necessity rather than anything else?! Im sure they wont compensate because thats the way they work, but Im sure that soon enough warrior’s rush wil be able to do that damage, that way things get “balanced”.

Anyways, zerkers are taking a hit regardless, I guess Anet prefers tanky/condi boring fights where the enemy just click twice and runs around while you bleed to death, fun fun fun esports!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

They don´t FGS to be viable in PvE. One Ele will still be a good choice for might/furystacking (and dps aswell).
But stacking up to 3 or even 4 ele will not be superior anymore.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

look a complaint about a ridiculous gamebreaking bug getting fixed

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Agreed. +1

Its past time they stopped the FGS against the wall nonsense.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Agreed. +1

all they fixed is shadowstep or tele + fgs… you can still run against a wall :/

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Good lord, so that same kittened exploit is not being addressed? Too bad.

And ya gotta love the folks that defend it. They point to other exploits or poor dungeon mechanics and they say, “See these things are also kittened up, so we need to have this exploit and poor mechanic as well” … ROFL …

What I really hate about it though, is that I refuse to use the exploit … and trust me, when not running dungeons with my guildies, but pugging, that really goes over well with the transplanted WoW teenager demographic of Gw2! You can expect to be kicked or mocked for being the “noob” by players that don’t know their head from their ………….. hello!

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

~300.000-400.000 damage in 3 seconds with 1 SkilL! is too much. This is the main reason why bosses are melted down.

So your FGS ticks generally do 5.5k to 5.8k damage per tick? Amazing. Assuming optimal conditions, the fgs is about a 50% dps increase to most professions and therefore is not the reason why bosses melt so fast.

And as the person who organized and organizes most speedruns, including coming up with the tactics being used, I can tell you that ele’s actually are mainly used because of the FGS. Might and fury stacking can be easily done by guardians, which provide a lot more defensive group utility, have better movement and are less squishy than eles. Once Fiery Rush totally gets “fixed”, it will not only be just another useless elite skill, it will also make almost any use for eles void. For some dungeon path’s we might still use one, for the majority eles will be totally canceled out of the “meta”.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

~ 50% dps increase is way too much.
U can say that i did mistake with my numbers ok.
But u can´t say that fiery rush at it´s current state isn´t too strong.
Nerfing (not to the ground, just balance it) fiery rush dmg won´t make the fgs or the ele useless.
I fixed my numbers in the opening post to make them more realistic.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Agreed. +1

Absolutely. That it wasn’t fixed within days of being brought to ANet’s attention is downright embarressing.

in Profession Balance

Dub.1273

~ 50% dps increase is way too much.
U can say that i did mistake with my numbers ok.
But u can´t say that fiery rush at it´s current state isn´t too strong.
Nerfing (not to the ground, just balance it) fiery rush dmg won´t make the fgs or the ele useless.
I fixed my numbers in the opening post to make them more realistic.

What other dps increase than a 40% one (assuming a wall to be used in a full party with 2 people using the fgs) would you suggest for an elite skill with sixty seconds duration (five fiery rushes) and three minutes cooldown, on a profession that has close to no defensive utilites and just an “upper average” damage output?
Decreasing it’s damage by 25% would be fine, but anything beyond that is simply going to make it a “skip only” weapon (which it’s already mostly used for now, in a lot of dungeon paths) for speedruns.

Seriously, if you want to bring down fgs, make sure to rebalance eles in exchange. Give them much greater utility, a better non fgs damage output or a ton survivability more.

Dub | [rT]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Agreed. +1

No. I don’t think they should remove the wall running in PvE – Not until they abolish stacking as a “general procedure” (can’t imagine that to be relatively hard to fix).
Until then, if we are to semi-exploit PvE by stacking, the wall running at least adds a fairly interesting element, and makes Elementalists very happy and appreciated.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

…. on a profession that has close to no defensive utilites and just an “upper average” damage output?

Elementalists have very good defensive utilities. They have poor basic defense (@Warr).
If you’re good enough at the Elementalist (nothing extreme or anything alike), you’ll find that you’re very, very hard to kill – even in full Zerker (I’ve always played with E.A. though)

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

E.A. = Evasive Arcana? That´s not included in any useful PvE build.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

It’s not a nerf. It’s a fix. They’ll be nerfing FGS on wall sometime “soon” too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Elementalists have very good defensive utilities. They have poor basic defense (@Warr).
If you’re good enough at the Elementalist (nothing extreme or anything alike), you’ll find that you’re very, very hard to kill – even in full Zerker (I’ve always played with E.A. though)

Ele’s defensive utilities are strictly personal one (lacks team support) and if you increase your poor basic defense you’re no longer needed cause you are basically running a bad build.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It’s not a nerf. It’s a fix. They’ll be nerfing FGS on wall sometime “soon” too.

They also might (conversation with Powerr) fix whirlwind attack into walls and every other skill like burning speed, burning retreat, norn elite, etc.

After fgs #3 and #4 fix this elite becomes usable strictly for skipping and ele once again has no decent elite.

in Profession Balance

Dub.1273

Ele’s defensive utilities are strictly personal one (lacks team support) and if you increase your poor basic defense you’re no longer needed cause you are basically running a bad build.

Basically this. And even personal survivability is severly limited. You have no vigor, no evades, the weakest heal in the game, the lowest armor, the lowest hp, no protection, almost no projectile absorbtion and just one invuln skill on 50s cooldown.

Currently eles in PvE mean high risk, high offensive reward, low defensive reward. With a FGS nerf it’s going to be high risk, decent offensive reward, low defensive reward. Guardians have mediocre risk, decent offensive reward, high defensive reward. Warriors have no risk, high offensive reward, low-medriocre defensive reward.

They will just disapeear of PvE like necros and engis. Both of those are great at vuln stacking, just as ele is at might and fury stacking. But they don’t offer anything else worthy and vuln can be achieved in other ways. Eles don’t offer anything else worthy than might and fury stacking, which again can be done by other professions aswell.

Dub | [rT]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

tl;dr
Don’t craft ascended if you have an ele alt, right?