[PvE mostly] Necromacer Balancing Suggestions

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Hey guys, I have a few ideas about making necros more favourable to bring in dungeons, and generaly more viable in pve:

1) Spiteful Marks – atm it only increases marks damage by 10%. Added effect: Marks apply 2 stacks of might to allies within the blast radius, up to 5 targets.

2) Staff skills #2 and #5 – Added effect: now these are also blast finishers.

3) Blood is Power – Added effect: the might stacks
are now also granted to nearby allies.

4) All traits that add application of boons when entering Deathshroud, now also grant said boons to nearby allies. This also applies to Shrouded Removal.

With these changes I believe the new necro pve meta would be 6/3/0/0/5.
Necros would be the best group might stacker, and will grant nearly perma group fury.
I know necros would still lack group utility, like reflections, strealth, and unique buffs like banners and spotter. But they won’t waste a slot, they won’t drag the group down.

Feedback is always welcomed.
Thanks for reading ;)

Griften

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

You would be using staff for berserker meta?
I think a rework on lifesteal mechanics, make it party wide, fix the vampire signet to actually be worth using, and a sort of ferocity buff can help. Make spectral wall absorb projectiles?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Make spectral wall absorb projectiles?

Nah, Corrosive Poison Cloud should be the necro’s projectile negation skill. Since, you know, it’s corrosive. Plus the skill needs a reason to bring.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Change bosses so they spawn more adds and change Unshakable to resist all conditions applied by players with less than, for example, 1250 condition damage. That will prevent professions without condition traiting from capping and allow actual soft CC to work as designed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Luimes.4281

Luimes.4281

Necro being the weakest PvE class atm its because we dont have any reflect and we provide almost no usefull party wide utilities.

To stay in the necro’s state of mind that Anet has. I think what Gyler suggested is a really good way to go. Make us necro’s the ones that can give party wide life steal. But what we have now is too weak to use. It would be a nice unique mechanic.

what is meme