[PvP][Elementalist]The balance direction.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

We Elementalists through out the first year or so of GW2s existence learned about traits that were crucial to our survivability. Traits like Healing Ripple, Evasive Arcana, and Elemental Attunement. These weren’t choices we were making. These traits became a part of the class and were so powerful we had to take them or our class simply did not operate. With them we were the jack-of-all-trades. Without them we would die to just about anything. People just accepted that we had no diversity trait wise and that this was how we were gonna play the class until balance changes were made to do something about it.

The direction balance has been taken is to provide equally powerful alternatives to these traits like Fresh-Air or Diamond Skin. When we take either of these we become a completely different class that is single minded and not anything like what we had played for nearly a year. Diamond Skin is for 1v1 against condition classes and Fresh-Air is a glass cannon do or die kind of thing, basically a thief without survivability.

The direction balance should have been taken is to make traits like Healing Ripple, Evasive Arcana, and Elemental Attuenement base-line abilities that all Elementalists would have regardless of traits. Each of these traits are directly affected by your attunement cooldowns so the Arcana trait line passive would still be a necessity. In my opinion attunements should just have a base cooldown of 10 seconds and the Arcana trait line passive would just be something entirely different.

From this point diversity and balance become the easiest thing in the world to work around because you don’t have to make really powerful alternatives to make people drop what made their class operate in the first place. No longer would traits be a necessity to make the class operate. Adding one trait that makes us a single minded zombie would be a thing of the past.

It’s not too late in my opinion. If these traits were made base-line something like Fresh-Air could still be worked with, especially with how absurdly powerful all the other classes have become. Diamond Skin should just be removed.

What are your thoughts on this GW2 community?

(edited by Phantaram.1265)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I’m still not sure if the developer really think about how our traits interact when making ele changes. For example moving elemental attunement to master was a rather heavy indirect nerf for the water grandmaster trait cleansing water. Because without elemental attunement we don’t have any sources of regeneration besides healing glyph (if you don’t use staff which isn’t viable in pvp). So if you want to make good use of a grandmaster trait, you actually have to spend 20 points in another tree too. And even then it still has a 5 seconds cooldown…

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I agree with phanta, eles need more up-front on top of trait choices

A key point is that the minor traits need a rework… At most half of them do something, and none of them bar arcane 5, air 15 with FA (and water 15 on bunkers) are game changers…

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Agree that Diamond Skin isn’t supposed to exist.

Disagree that Fresh Air is useful only in glass cannon/burst builds. It is also extremely useful for sustained damage because of the frequent swapping to Air. Probably one of the best designed trait of the elementalist, fitting the Air Magic traitline design while not being a must-go in any situation.

Disagree that Arcana should have a different effect. After the recent patch, it isn’t entirely necessary to go into arcana for the Attunement Swap recharge, as you don’t feel the lack of points into Arcana that much anymore. Also, I don’t think I will be able to think another useful effect for Arcana without it being either too strong or too weak.

Disagree that Healing Ripple, Evasive Arcana and Elemental Attunement should become baseline. What I think is that Elemental Attunement should be split into the other traitlines as much as Evasive Arcana, to keep the feel of the traitlines really affecting how strong your attunements are.
Healing Ripple should stay as it is, while giving better sustain to elementalists who don’t run into water, by buffing the weapon skill healing (for instance, reduce the recharge on Cleansing Wave).
Then, pushing the base HP of elementalist to 15k is the best thing to do, because you don’t need anymore to have points in water to have decent HP pool, neither to stack defensive traits to survive, neither to run soldier instead of Valkyrie when having 0 points in Water.
This will also help elementalists to not be completely destroyed by conditions while not having 30 in Water or Ether Renewal, which is another crucial issue at the moment.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Agree that Diamond Skin isn’t supposed to exist.

Disagree that Fresh Air is useful only in glass cannon/burst builds. It is also extremely useful for sustained damage because of the frequent swapping to Air. Probably one of the best designed trait of the elementalist, fitting the Air Magic traitline design while not being a must-go in any situation.

Disagree that Arcana should have a different effect. After the recent patch, it isn’t entirely necessary to go into arcana for the Attunement Swap recharge, as you don’t feel the lack of points into Arcana that much anymore.

Disagree that Healing Ripple, Evasive Arcana and Elemental Attunement should become baseline. What I think is that Elemental Attunement should be split into the other traitlines as much as Evasive Arcana, to keep the feel of the traitlines really affecting how strong your attunements are.
Healing Ripple should stay as it is, while giving better sustain to elementalists who don’t run into water, by buffing the weapon skill healing (for instance, reduce the recharge on Cleansing Wave).
Then, pushing the base HP of elementalist to 15k is the best thing to do, because you don’t need anymore to have points in water to have decent HP pool, neither to stack defensive traits to survive, neither to run soldier instead of Valkyrie when having 0 points in Water.

fresh air one of the better designed traits= LOLWUT

Instant damage should NOT EXIST: it’s unavoidable, uncounterable, it’s brainless.

If anything, eles need the sustain/mobility they had before.

In the past they were so god-mode you could facetank 2 people at far without dying, simply to go contesting another point in 15 secs ( RTL CD).

Scepter air attu should be completely redesigned, along with arcane spells.

With current power creep and reduced burst, going back with the old ele would be the best choice: hell i would even increase ele healing capabilities.

in Profession Balance

sorrow.2364

fresh air one of the better designed traits= LOLWUT

Instant damage should NOT EXIST: it’s unavoidable, uncounterable, it’s brainless.

If anything, eles need the sustain/mobility they had before.

In the past they were so god-mode you could facetank 2 people at far without dying, simply to go contesting another point in 15 secs ( RTL CD).

Scepter air attu should be completely redesigned, along with arcane spells.

With current power creep and reduced burst, going back with the old ele would be the best choice: hell i would even increase ele healing capabilities.

Air Attunement is all about burst and instant cast skill.

If instant cast skills should not exist, you should just delete half of the Elementalist skills and traits.

Fresh Air alone can’t do harm, it is just a supplement damage to use inbetween another burst chain.
Even when you are using all instant skills, you can’t reliably kill someone without using some other skills with a clear tell even with berserker amulet.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Profession Balance

Phantaram.1265

If you take the trait Fresh Air, you are a glass cannon. If I could take Fresh Air in a regular build of course I would, it’s a ridiculously strong trait, and that’s why people drop the survivability for it because it increases there burst. Any Fresh Air ele expecting to stand back and do sustained damage won’t be happy when the enemy team dives you and you insta die. Because of this if you take Fresh Air, you are playing an all in style where you try to burst people down before they do the same to you. Thieves do this 10x better.

(edited by Phantaram.1265)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Linver.5897

Linver.5897

Man, you are reading my mind! You have some mesmer levels! xD
My idea is creating suvirval grandmaster traits for ever unsuccessful build. It solve problem with fire\earth\air trait lines, and up bad builds and related traits. If i will get really nice grandmaster trait, i can use no ideal majors

And some crazy examples:

• Fire-Conjurer: Block any direct damage while casting or taking Conjurer weapon, and then damage enemies in 200 range at 30% of blocked damage. Conjurer are stun breakers
  • Fire-Direct-Pyromanser: Give Might every fire cast. Remove all conditions and block 1 attack when you have 10\20\25 might stacks (10 sec cd for every threshold)
  • Earth-Condition defence: you cann’t have moar then 3 conditions and 9 stacks of any condition
  • Earth-Conditions damage: For every conditions on you, owner of that condition get bleed for 1 sec. For every single attack that hits moar 35% of your max hp, block that damage and place on you 10 stacks of bleed for 4 sec
  • Air-Fresh Air +Add 10% chance evade any attack under swiftness boon

I belive in Ele, I am Ele fan, I cry and eat my cactus
——————
Sorry for my English\thx for reading

in Profession Balance

sorrow.2364

If you take the trait Fresh Air, you are a glass cannon. If I could take Fresh Air in a regular build of course I would, it’s a ridiculously strong trait, and that’s why people drop the survivability for it because it increases there burst. Any Fresh Air ele expecting to stand back and do sustained damage won’t be happy when the enemy team dives you and you insta die.

I’m running Fresh Air with D/D and Soldier Amulet and Berserker Amulet.
I wouldn’t call it glass cannon, neither I would say that I insta-die once the enemy team focus me.

On the other hand, Fresh Air helps a lot to have Air Attunement always ready when you’re waiting for other skills in the other attunements to recharge and you want to put pressure autoattacking.

It is, as I said, a good supplement when trying to bring down someone putting pressure on him when I’ve already used the burst rotation, which of course implies swapping to Air too. Point is that it isn’t useful only when bursting but also when you’re pressuring someone on low health, since it is pretty much always available.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Profession Balance

LelouchViBritannia.3607

IMHO Arcane skills should have something like elemental surge baked into them and be more about conditions/boons – and have the damage completely removed.

Diamond skin is bad and boring. It should probably simply convert 1 or 2 conditions into boons when earth attuning.

Like here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/PvP-The-Elementalist-Manifesto

in Profession Balance

Phantaram.1265

If you take the trait Fresh Air, you are a glass cannon. If I could take Fresh Air in a regular build of course I would, it’s a ridiculously strong trait, and that’s why people drop the survivability for it because it increases there burst. Any Fresh Air ele expecting to stand back and do sustained damage won’t be happy when the enemy team dives you and you insta die.

I’m running Fresh Air with D/D and Soldier Amulet and Berserker Amulet.
I wouldn’t call it glass cannon, neither I would say that I insta-die once the enemy team focus me.

On the other hand, Fresh Air helps a lot to have Air Attunement always ready when you’re waiting for other skills in the other attunements to recharge and you want to put pressure autoattacking.

It is, as I said, a good supplement when trying to bring down someone putting pressure on him when I’ve already used the burst rotation, which of course implies swapping to Air too. Point is that it isn’t useful only when bursting but also when you’re pressuring someone on low health, since it is pretty much always available.

I would call it glass cannon. I agree the trait is good for sustained damage. My point is that you simply cannot do that because you will die. Honestly if you are marching into fights as D/D with Fresh Air and surviving then something is wrong with your opponents.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Completely agree..its nice to see people especially high rated players finally stepping up and saying that its time for those survivability tools that the class needs to become base line even as a weaker form of what they are.
The class simply doesnt work without elem attunement or evasive arcana/healing ripple.Its not meant to..If those became base then you could adjust their values like less healing by default or reduce damage multiplyers etc.
Currently you get 20 air and 15 water and you cant kill anything but you survive a bit more.You go 30 air zero water and you suddenly became glass with huge burst and sustain damage.If you now take 0 in arcnana you became a suicide bomber that spends time to spectate the game from downstate. Imho opinion damage multipliers,instant skills getting animation/delay and icd on a few minor traits would be all that they would need to adjust to prevent ele becaming overpowered afterwards.
Btw fresh air is fun and a good trait.. 15 air minor is your problem And you can do whatever you want with diamond skin.Its just bad in all sense of the word

in Profession Balance

Phantaram.1265

Btw fresh air is fun and a good trait.. 15 air minor is your problem And you can do whatever you want with diamond skin.Its just bad in all sense of the word

Agreed, that’s why I said once these things become base-line it can be worked around quite easily, especially now that I think about it since your putting ideas in my head ^ ^

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Fresh air is all about having access to air attunement on demand.When used on a d/d there isnt any instant burst apart from air 15 minor. But it would still benefit this setup huge time cause of
1)icnrease of sustain damage cause of air auto
2)increase of utlity cause of having more acess to air skills so you can be more reactive
3)makes the class more unpredicatable since att rotations are mixed and not the stupid thing you d see a year ago where eles were going air -fire-earth like robots.
Its really a very good trait and not mindless like people say..its a shame that its linked to the instant burst

in Profession Balance

sorrow.2364

I would call it glass cannon. I agree the trait is good for sustained damage. My point is that you simply cannot do that because you will die. Honestly if you are marching into fights as D/D with Fresh Air and surviving then something is wrong with your opponents.

In all honesty, I can’t name a single Elementalist build that you can safely walk on the node and get out alive without using a cantrip.

That said, the core problem of everything is in my opinion is the HP pool as I said before. Calling glass cannon a build that uses Soldier amulet is a joke on any other profession.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Before the december 10th changes, when players and devs gathered in the elementalist’s board discussing the preview, there were some very extensive arguments, which I took part of, about elementalist’s base survivability.

Back then, I disagreed that elemental attunement should be a baseline effect, because no matter how nice its effects are, it was the 5 second protection that defined Elemental Attunement as an absolute requirement. With 30 arcana, we had access to 8 seconds of protection every 10 seconds or so. Because, who would care about 1 stack of might as baseline? Certainly nice, but not needed. Who would care for the 5 seconds of swiftness as a base line effect? Again, sweet but unnecessary. And 5 seconds of regen? Certainly nicer, but it shines the most when coupled with protection and healing power. No, it has always been that 5 (8) seconds of protection that made the biggest difference.

When an offensive elementalist needs to have a really high protection uptime, and several sources of healing, to be on par with other offensive profession builds, then that is very telling of our base survivability. We’ve been depending on overpowered traits to be reasonable.

In the preview thread, I made a point about switching ele’s and mesmer’s health. Although that point wasn’t mean to be taken too literal, the arguments were in favor of it.

That’s because the elementalist was designed to be a profession built around active defenses, by Anet’s own words at GW2’s launch. However, most of the active defenses of an elementalist rely on defensive traits or defensive stats. Water and arcana traits. Healing spells. Boons. Auras (which require us to get hit, and thus demand some toughness and vitality).

Now let’s look at mesmers. They, too, rely a lot on active defenses. But most of them do not have any reliance on stats. Invulnerabilities/ blurs. Interrupts. Clones and illusions. Stealth. Blocks. Reflection. Teleports. And when we take look at their other, more stat-biased defenses, they have a fine balance between boons and conditions.

Isn’t it ironic that the spellcaster profession that was designed to have the least passive defenses, in exchange for strong active defenses, have most of their active defenses biased by defensive stats, while another spellcaster profession was given both more universal active defenses and higher health?

The result? Elementalists do have good active defenses IF they invest on defensive stats. But those active defenses are underwhelming when alongside offensive stats. A shocking aura, a frost aura, or a water trident won’t do much in offensive gear. Meanwhile, mesmers can go full zerker gear, and still have massive survival, because most of their active defenses do not rely on stats.

Switching the health of both professions was the easiest and simpler suggestion. But of course, that doesn’t means it is exactly the best. A higher health value would be lovely to offensive elementalists, but wouldn’t that create the risk of making bunker eles too strong again? There’s a solution for that: the three big arcana traits, renewing stamina, elemental attunement’s protection, and evasive arcana’s water dodge, can always get a slight nerf to compensate for it. They would still be strong enough traits, and the higher base health value would help all elementalists.

Another, and more complex, solution, is to give new active defenses to the elementalist, that either do not rely on stats, or rely on different kinds of stats. Higher movement speed (revert ride the lightning to a certain extent. Buff the One with Air trait). More access to chill. Torment as a potentially defensive condition that relies on condition damage (would also help make condition eles more appealing, killing two birds in one stone). Slightly more access to cripple and weakness. A few more block skills. We have to be careful, however, to not make it too close to how the mesmer or the necromancer already play.

Regardless, all potential solutions demand a compromise from ANET. Jon Peters (if I’m not wrong) has said in the elementalist thread that professions should be balanced around fixed values (like our weak passive defenses). Half a year ago, Anet didn’t want us to have high mobility either. But if Anet sticks too strongly to either of those directions, they’ll have to make a compromise for the other.

Thankfully, the last official reply we have gotten in the ele’s forums, from Grouch, is that the next patch would further address some of our problems. That means they have listened and are doing something about it.

Now let’s wait and see.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Profession Balance

DiogoSilva.7089

Fresh Air works very nicely with D/D Soldier. The #15 air trait and the good auto-attack lead to higher sustain damage, and there’s still room to invest on arcana and on water or earth (for Rock Solid). You can have a 17k ele with 2.6k armor critting up to 3-4k or more, while still having very reliable condition removal and rez/ finish ability with Ether Renewal + Rock Solid.

About the best way to balance the scepter instant air burst, I address it in my topic: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Elementalist-Sensible-Scepter-Suggestions/

And Fresh Air won’t need to be touched for that. It’s perfect as it is.

Hope we get a “fresh fire” trait someday. :P

in Profession Balance

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Fresh Air works very nicely with D/D Soldier. The #15 air trait and the good auto-attack lead to higher sustain damage, and there’s still room to invest on arcana and on water or earth (for Rock Solid). You can have a 17k ele with 2.6k armor critting up to 3-4k or more, while still having very reliable condition removal and rez/ finish ability with Ether Renewal + Rock Solid.

Are those pvp numbers? Care to share the build?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

We need some must-have traits baseline that’s for sure.
It’s doesn’t look hard to achieve, for example they could:

- Elemental attunement baseline SELF ONLY – applies to allies with trait

-Merge elements traits 15 with 5, distribute evasive arcana on trait slot 15 of every element

- Move renewing stamina to a trait 5, like guardian and mesmers have. I don’t understand why it has not be done yet, mesmers have clones on dodge no internal cd and guardians have 1x scaling 240 range heal no internal cd.

And more:
- Redesign useless traits, merge effects, give fire something special

- Redesign utilities, stop nerfing cantrips but make something else viable, giving synergy with new traits. For example, glyphs need complete rewamp; conjured weapons need a lower cd like 30 seconds or be more like eng kits; arcane spells need a look too (arcane power is not arcane power, give it a +% damage boost for X seconds)

- Redesign some weapon skills: Every weapon set needs mobility, staff is ok with burning retreat; RTL IS NOT OK, revert it to 20-25 seconds cd. Focus needs a big redesign and needs a movement skill like other weapons to be effective in pvp/wvw.

And further, increase every single healing spell base value, reduce scaling so we are not forced into healing power but we don’t become immortal with high healing power.

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

in Profession Balance

sorrow.2364

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-k33;2BJ-U0A5-N-Z0;9;5TJ-J;159B57;217-Io0;3H7W3H7W36BY
No water, though. Not that it is that useful on soldier amulet anyway.

in Profession Balance

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Another thing I always wondered, especially after reading that eles where the first class to be designed in alpha.

Do we only have such a low amount of different boons and conditions by design or because at the time eles were developed other boons haven’t been designed yet?

We only have 6 different boons available although we are supposed to be jack of all trades. Might, Swiftness, Protection, Regeneration, Vigor, Fury. We get absolutely no poison, torment, retaliation or aegis.

It seems other classes have access to more different boons and conditions than we have. Engineers aren’t really about retribution damage, yet they have a grandmaster trait that gives them retribution and they also have access to pretty much all conditions. Mesmers aren’t really about protection and aegis yet they have a grandmaster trait that gives it to them. Warriors aren’t really about fear as a CC yet they have a single skill that fears.

Why do eles always seem to be shoehorned into a few different boon/condition concepts?

in Profession Balance

DiogoSilva.7089

It’s cmc’s d/d build:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-k33;2BJ-U0v4-N;9;8TJ-J;159B57;217-5o0;3H7W3H7W36BQ

in Profession Balance

Phantaram.1265

We need some must-have traits baseline that’s for sure.
It’s doesn’t look hard to achieve, for example they could:

- Elemental attunement baseline SELF ONLY – applies to allies with trait

-Merge elements traits 15 with 5, distribute evasive arcana on trait slot 15 of every element

- Move renewing stamina to a trait 5, like guardian and mesmers have. I don’t understand why it has not be done yet, mesmers have clones on dodge no internal cd and guardians have 1x scaling 240 range heal no internal cd.

And more:
- Redesign useless traits, merge effects, give fire something special

- Redesign utilities, stop nerfing cantrips but make something else viable, giving synergy with new traits. For example, glyphs need complete rewamp; conjured weapons need a lower cd like 30 seconds or be more like eng kits; arcane spells need a look too (arcane power is not arcane power, give it a +% damage boost for X seconds)

- Redesign some weapon skills: Every weapon set needs mobility, staff is ok with burning retreat; RTL IS NOT OK, revert it to 20-25 seconds cd. Focus needs a big redesign and needs a movement skill like other weapons to be effective in pvp/wvw.

And further, increase every single healing spell base value, reduce scaling so we are not forced into healing power but we don’t become immortal with high healing power.

I like all of this.

in Profession Balance

DiogoSilva.7089

I can see RTL at 25 second cooldown to be at the right spot. Not as strong as the previous version (1500 range for 20 CD), but simpler and generally more reliable and effective than the current version (40 CD with an unreliable half CD proc).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Dont change scepter air skills please. I love them as they are

#ELEtism

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Short:
- Healing ripple naturally in water attunement with 0 investment in water magic, create a new 15 trait, freezing gust/regen or x duration frost aura. “Burst healing” should exist to some extent on a base level.
- Replace diamond skin, maybe something like 2s Magnetic Aura when switching to Earth attunement, 20% reduction to earth attunement cd.
- Replace Fresh air, maybe bonus crit and a reduction on air attunement cd it emphasizes instant cast distastefully atm.
- Denerf signet of Resto? Or have written in stone improve signet passives as well?
- Focus Fire attunement needs a touch up.
- Improve glyphs.
- Make Arcane wave Pbaoe again, Some kind of tell would be nice.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

We seem to have alot of useless half traits. that’s one of our main problems. Alot of things need to be combined. We also have much weaker versions of traits that other classes get at lower tiers. Geomancer’s freedom at master and warrior’s Dogged March, which is at adept for example. What’s up with that? they either need to move that down to adept or buff it by alot to justify it being in master. How about making it affect ALL conditions, not just cripple, chill, and immob. That would be worthy of a master trait.

And i’ve been saying this forever, change stop, drop and roll!. That is by far one of our most useless traits. Just change it into cleansing wave from the evasive arcana water dodge but make it remove 2 or 3 conditions plus the heal. Then replace the cleansing wave on evasive arcana with frozen ground.

Earth’s embrace should be combined with elemental shielding as well. Combine lingering elements and arcane fury together. Make the 15 point arcane trait Final Shielding. Make elemental attunement baseline but ONLY affect the elementalist so it wont be overpowered. Then put a trait in master that says “elemental attunement now affects up to 5 allies within 600 range.” the current range is too short.

I also wouldn’t be opposed to changing water signet into a stunbreaker and changing its passive to -40% condition duration.

And seriously. Fix focus already! Fire is horrible. The fire shield needs to be completely reworked. gaining might when getting hit is crap. Make it deal a percentage of the damage you take back to the attacker as burn damage. And fix flame wall. increase the size of it and make it last longer. its way too thin and fades pretty quickly.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eremus.4506

Eremus.4506

I honestly think that it will be hard to balance the class without increasing the survivability by a good bunch.
Like I said in an other threat you re simply not useful in a lot of situation even with soldiers.
On an other note Id like to see either some quality of life changes like faster dragon teeth or a good bunch more of damage since its soooo easy to avoid it even without dodges. Faster dragon tooth would be better to not increase burst damage even more.

Changes like this would also decrease the the gimmick character of some builds.

in Profession Balance

DiogoSilva.7089

The problem with combining traits, is that many times those combinations simply make no sense, and end up doing nothing but overloading each trait. And from a design point of view, simplicity and elegance is usually far more appealing.

Why fuse, for example, arcane fury and lingering elements together? Arcane fury is fine as an adept minor trait, it has an interesting effect that demands skillful playing, and thus is simply and effective. Why overload it with useless effects? Lingering elements by itself is also simple in design, and promotes a different kind of build setup than arcane fury. If it isn’t strong enough? Then it should be buffed, or better yet, other elementalist’s minor traits should be buffed (I’m looking at you two, I-don-’t-do-anything fire and air wasted minors).

What do people think of this idea:
Air’s #5 Minor
Your endurance regenerates 33% faster while in air

It’s decent for a minor trait, it adds survivability in an offensive line that makes flavorful sense (air = speed), it’s even better with lingering elements or with fresh air, and especially with both.

Wouldn’t do much with Renewing Stamina around, yes, but keep in mind that Anet is planning to nerf vigor traits all across the board someday, so RS will get nerfed someday.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Profession Balance

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I think the first thing to put eles back on track should be to undo some of the early pvp-only nerfs we got. Like healing signet passive, cleansing water cooldown and the double RTL cooldown. Undoing those 3 things alone would do a lot for eles in pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

The changes I would make:

- Elemental Attunement: Removed

Fire minor adept: When you attune to fire, you gain 2 might.
Water minor adept: When you attune to water, you gain regeneration
Air minor adept: When you attune to air, you gain swiftness
Earth minor adept: When you attune to earth, you gain protection

Lingering elements would make the previous 4 minor traits affect allies.

Other changes:

Fire 15p minor: Remove burning from you and your allies when attuning to fire.
Fire II conjurer: Conjured weapons are now instant cast.

Bountiful Power (Now 2% damage per boon) moved to arcana 25p minor
Water 25p minor: When you heal an ally, he gains protection. (Or any other kind of support trait)

Diamond Skin: When you attune to earth you transfer two conditions to your foe.
Cleansing Wave is again an adept trait again.

(edited by Marcos.3690)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Linver.5897

Linver.5897

Any ele have 100500 good ideas what to do.. but what we can get?
No one Arena answer for ele balncing there.
I see 2 reason:
1. Ele is ok in Arena mind. It is bad.
2. “Ele isn’t ok” and Arena just very tied from reading our ideas. It is bad too