[PvP][Guardian] Selfless Daring & Vigor nerf

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

With the upcoming change to Vigorous Precision (5sec ICD up to 10sec ICD), guardians will dodge a little less. Is the PvP slpit and nerf to Selfless Daring (15pt Honor: heal allies on dodge) going to be re-examined?

Right now it’s healing power * 1.0 in PvE/WvW and healing power * 0.5 in PvP.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Hopefully no.
Guardians are right now the best bunkers in the game and probably the most OP profession PvP-wise, we don’t really need guardians healing for 1.4k+ when dodging in PvP.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

having perma vigor, and healing on dodge roll is something i feel rangers should have. VP needed a big nerf as it was ridiculously easy to stack almost perma vigor and roll to win. add energy sigils to that. just a brainless mechanic.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

So, no more op bunkering… Also there goes an lot of sustain for squishy offensive builds… Guess we can still give buffs to warriors so they can fight for us? Protect me guys! I’m the guardian!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

ill say it again , give us more base HP, as a class that has to outlast enemies we deserve it .
:)

action combat made mmos better lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

I feel that Guardian’s bunkering is the standard that other bunker build should be buffed to achieve.

Screwin’ up Guard’s vigor access is gonna be bad for them; consistent dodging and its synergy with Selfless Daring is perhaps the keystone aspect of Gaurd’s survivability. They do share the lowest HP pool in the game, and while heavy armor’s good, it’s of no benefit against the condition meta that’s so common right now.

Restoring Selfless Daring’s normal scaling would be an okay middle ground; with less vigor there’s less dodging, and though the HP/s would probably remain about the same, Guards still have to contend with fewer dodges to escape dangerous attacks.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

A 50% vigor upkeep (which can be increased with boon duration) seems enough for Guardian to remain strong without changes on Selfless Daring.
With a possible Sigil of Energy nerf on top of that, however, I wouldn’t be surprised if Guardians started to be replaced with Warriors for mid-point bunkering.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mrook.4163

mrook.4163

Unsplitting Selfless Daring is absolutely necessary to keep guardians alive. For quite a while guardians have seen no defense buffs because we have been in a good place, while power creep has occurred in the rest of the game. Guardians don’t survive nearly as long as we used to, and if the synergy between Vigorous Precision and Selfless daring is destroyed we will have even fewer ways to outlast the increased damage. That being said dodge spam is out of control so the nerf to Vigorous Precision is warranted. This leaves the only option to be to undo the split to Selfless Daring to balance it out, unless ANet decides to start reversing some power creep.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Also, there’s a good chance that Sigil of Energy is going to be nerfed when they un-link sigil cooldowns. That would further reduce dodges. Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Lord-Helseth-Opinion-on-the-Ready-up/first#post3512363

Guardian bunkers aren’t really strong from just dodge spam. Other professions can do that too. Guardians are the premier bunkers because they have other things that are unique like a wealth of stability and protection, good condition cleanse, and many of their abilities affect allies.

And keeping the current implementation or removing the split isn’t the only way. They could keep it split and make PvP have a 0.75 coefficient for example.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Still a bigger potential hit to our hps than the hit to warrior healing signet. Not to mention lost mitigation.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

The argument that just because on profession got nerfed doesn’t necessarily mean another should. Each profession plays/survives differently. A blanket nerf(Guardian/Mesmer) like this makes no sense. And just to reiterate, the weaknesses are as follows since I failed to mention them earlier:
-No soft CC
-Low health tier
-Meditation lacks any boons for surviving
-Lack of Swiftness
-Unable to spec condition
- Easily kitable.
-Some of the most obvious animations in the game tied to skills.
-Lack of Ranged damage
There is no other profession that has this many weaknesses.
These weaknesses are a detriment to a profession that is primarily Melee archetype. Outside of Bunkering, it’s incredibly difficult to do anything else in sPvP that’s viable. Also, before some of you mention that Monk’s Focus contributes to the Guardian’s Survivability, remember that 3/4 meditations are one very long cd’s so a 2k heal isn’t going to let you last in a fight of attrition.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I feel everyone should hold off on their concerns until after we know the full class changes.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I’m not even convinced that a guardian is the best bunker anymore. If I am attacking a point, I’d much rather fight a guardian than other bunker builds.

Of course, I am separating the class from the player here. There are some incredible guardian players out there. That doesn’t mean the class is OP though.

It’s not the best bunker in the sense of someone who is left on a point to defend it.

Guardian is a mid-point bunker or, better said, a teamfight bunker.
It’s a character who stands inside the point during a temafight so you decap it / it doesn’t get decapped, and in guardian case, performs pretty much a support role.
It can also solo defend a point for some time (even indefinitely) if needed, but that’s not its primary role. There are better options for that.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Reducing our vigor time is a good thing, It was way to easy to get perma vigor and now theres actualy room for allies to use vigor granting skills instead of use having it permenantly on our own