[PvP] Nerfs needed on every class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Ok, this is a post that probably most people will argue since it focuses on the nerfs needed on every class. Yes, every class has certain areas where they are too good. Anyway, let’s go through them.

Necro:
1. MM needs a reduction. It is too easy to play and is mostly skill-less
2. Death shroud. They should not be able to enter deathshroud when under the effects of any CC. Fear is a perfect example.

Thief:
1. Sword 2. It is just not fun to fight against. Remove the teleport aspect and instead add in a cripple and a transfer of one condition to whoever you hit on your next attack.

Warrior:
1. Hambow is too strong. The immobilize needs a big reduction.
2. Healing signet. Reduce the base by 20% but at the same time increase the tie to healing power by a lot. In other words, if someone wants to spec for clerics, it should heal for more than today. If they want to go zerker or soldiers, it should be 20% less than today.

Engineer:
1. Bunker ele is currently the easiest spec to play in the entire game. Drop bombs, grenades, mines, heal up fully, and then go again. Takes no skill to be quite good.

Mesmer:
1. Stupidly easy to win 1v1 on this class. There shouldn’t be a class that is this strong in 1v1.

Ranger:
1. Spirits. Yes they received a small nerf, but the fact still remains…. no one wants to play against a petting zoo. As with necro MM, minimal skill is required to be quite good.
2. Melee vs range. These are rangers and should be the king of distance. Buff their bows and nerf their melee specs

Ele:
1. Meteor shower is too strong. AOE damage in general across this game is too high. Nerf the damage of this skill and buff some of the single target skills

Guardian:
Ok, so I lied. Haven’t seen anything that I’d specifically nerf. Maybe I just didn’t run into very many good ones over the past week or so.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

Guardian:
Ok, so I lied. Haven’t seen anything that I’d specifically nerf. Maybe I just didn’t run into very many good ones over the past week or so.

That’s prolly because Guardian has been ignored by most patches and has had only cosmetic changes ever since launch, in other words… it’s never been buffed to warrant a nerf.

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

As I can see, you can’t handle for every class, even if it’s your own class, right?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

This for WvW balance, or PvP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

One huge problem if they nerf eles:

There’s absolutely no reason to play them anymore.

PvP:
Nobody plays them anyway except for fun or because they like the challenge. Even the fresh air builds are pretty terrible imo since you just die instandly against any decent thief.

WvW:
AoEs + water fields are the only reasons why staff eles are good in WvW. Even the CC is pretty useless nowadays since the majority of a zerg are either warriors or guardians.

PvE:
Only viable because you can exploit flawed game design. If they fix those things eles won’t be played in PvE anymore.

There’re so many things they should have nerfed right after the release but that’s too late now. Eles simply don’t work without exploiting flawed game design and those “OP” skills/traits. A lot of terrible traits and skills and the lowest base stats in the game just make it impossible.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well i guess this is about spvp/wvw
So i will go through your list
Necros:
1. If i remember correctly they are planning to nerf mm, so wait for the nerf^^
2. Unlikely that this will happen as far as i know any instant spell can be used under cc effects and ds falls under that rule.
Thiefs:
1: Yes it is unfun to play against especially in group fights, but i wouldnt say it it op per se.
Warriors:
1. The probelm with pin down is it is to easy to land and this will be fixed by the devs
2. Well hs is aterriable skill in general as you never want to activete it, but only changing the number will not help.

Engies:
Well given the Dhuumfire nerfs i dont know why engies still have a stronger trait as master, but apart from that engies are more annyoing with ther knockbacks than op.

Mesmer:
Yes some 1v1 builds need some nerfs, so i agree

Rangers:
I dont play Rangers but i feel apart from some smaller thinks they are fin and i disagree with the melee vs range thing.

Eles:
I find most eles rather weak but a player that knows the profession can probably beat anyone on the same skill level in 1v1s. And meteor shower is fine, if you let a staff ele cast it and stand in the aoe than you deserve to die.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

Yes, no, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes(ranged)/no(melee), no, try harder.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Mesmer:
1. Stupidly easy to win 1v1 on this class. There shouldn’t be a class that is this strong in 1v1.

erm this is really a not very constructive comment, the way u wrote it here. every class should be viable in 1v1 and group play. i agree though that the mesmer is very strong in it. i would rather have a little less 1v1 and more group and zerg strength. a light armor class should not be a 1v1 duelist only.
i main a mesmer and wouldnt mind less 1v1 and more zerg and group abilities. mesmers have been nerfed so hard that all we got left is dueling builds. i used to never play the dueling mes builds, but now im almost forced into pu so i can at lest survive the zerg and maybe get 1 or 2 hits on a few targets. we used to be able to fight with the zerg and deal nice dmg while supporting the group, but now there is none of that left, but the veilbot duty. the dueling builds only got so popular as this is the only thing left for us and thats also why it is bugging your guys so much, because before mesmers would spec into group builds that arent good in 1v1 like glamour and there were overall way more builds out there. now we are improvising builds that arent even real builds for group play.
so yeah if nerfing the dueling builds in wvw is what it takes for us to finally get away from the veilbot duty, then yes please anet go ahead an redesign our class.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

HAHAH nerf Meteor Shower too strong? So funny!

1) Easy to get out off

2) With zerg blobs today, once MS goes down, the zerg is already
past the point you AOEd.

3) If you are standing in MS at a gate during a siege you deserve to go
down.

in Profession Balance

style.6173

Sorry. I meant PvP. I changed the title

in Profession Balance

style.6173

As I can see, you can’t handle for every class, even if it’s your own class, right?

Not sure what you mean. The point is that every class has areas that need nerf, just like every classes have areas that need buffs. This post just focuses on the nerfs needed.

in Profession Balance

style.6173

One huge problem if they nerf eles:

There’s absolutely no reason to play them anymore.

PvP:
Nobody plays them anyway except for fun or because they like the challenge. Even the fresh air builds are pretty terrible imo since you just die instandly against any decent thief.

WvW:
AoEs + water fields are the only reasons why staff eles are good in WvW. Even the CC is pretty useless nowadays since the majority of a zerg are either warriors or guardians.

PvE:
Only viable because you can exploit flawed game design. If they fix those things eles won’t be played in PvE anymore.

There’re so many things they should have nerfed right after the release but that’s too late now. Eles simply don’t work without exploiting flawed game design and those “OP” skills/traits. A lot of terrible traits and skills and the lowest base stats in the game just make it impossible.

As I mentioned in my previous reply… this list is just for the nerfs needed by every class. Eles certainly need buffs, but that isn’t the point of this thread. This thread just calls out the skills that are ridiculous on every profession.

in Profession Balance

style.6173

Mesmer:

erm this is really a not very constructive comment, the way u wrote it here. every class should be viable in 1v1 and group play. i agree though that the mesmer is very strong in it. i would rather have a little less 1v1 and more group and zerg strength. a light armor class should not be a 1v1 duelist only.
i main a mesmer and wouldnt mind less 1v1 and more zerg and group abilities. mesmers have been nerfed so hard that all we got left is dueling builds. i used to never play the dueling mes builds, but now im almost forced into pu so i can at lest survive the zerg and maybe get 1 or 2 hits on a few targets. we used to be able to fight with the zerg and deal nice dmg while supporting the group, but now there is none of that left, but the veilbot duty. the dueling builds only got so popular as this is the only thing left for us and thats also why it is bugging your guys so much, because before mesmers would spec into group builds that arent good in 1v1 like glamour and there were overall way more builds out there. now we are improvising builds that arent even real builds for group play.
so yeah if nerfing the dueling builds in wvw is what it takes for us to finally get away from the veilbot duty, then yes please anet go ahead an redesign our class.

I agree with this. I think mesmer is too strong 1v1, but on the flipside offers virtually nothing to a team dynamic (other than veil as you mentioned in WvW). I could talk a lot about the buffs they need from a group standpoint, but this thread is only focused on the items for each class that need to be nerfed.

in Profession Balance

style.6173

1) Easy to get out off

past the point you AOEd.

down.

A few points…

1. This is for PvP so point 2 and 3 do not apply.
2. You probably don’t know this, but MS does not have a red circle. That means if you are defending a point and fighting someone else, you won’t even know MS was cast until it hits you. At the very least, it needs a red circle.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Don’t necessarily agree with all the nerfs you suggested but I do agree that all classes could do with a nerf if certain areas.

Nerfing the most OP builds gives people a reason to explore alternatives and since everyone is getting nerfed, no one can really complain (but everyone will anyway).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

1) Easy to get out off

past the point you AOEd.

down.

A few points…

1. This is for PvP so point 2 and 3 do not apply.
2. You probably don’t know this, but MS does not have a red circle. That means if you are defending a point and fighting someone else, you won’t even know MS was cast until it hits you. At the very least, it needs a red circle.

The thing is, MS is actually pretty balanced. The meteors don’t hit fast enough that it’s more than one or two autoattacks worth before you get out of there if you have any idea what you are doing, and the 3.5 second rooting cast time makes it very situational. Its cooldown makes it unspammable for the most part, and is usually pretty difficult to pull off.
I do agree it could use a circle though, it makes it hard to use sometimes when I don’t know if my meteors will be able to hit an enemy or not while they’re near the edges.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Both MM Necro and Spirit Ranger are quite weak builds.

The solution to half your balance worries is to stop fighting a game mode which isn’t even supported by the game.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

style.6173

Both MM Necro and Spirit Ranger are quite weak builds.

The solution to half your balance worries is to stop fighting a game mode which isn’t even supported by the game.

1. MM Necro is weak? Are you serious? At least ANET has already announced that it will be getting nerfed in the next balance patch. Good news there.
2. Spirit ranger? What spec do you think is used by rangers in tournaments?
3. The problem is that it is the only PvP game mode right now. As much as conquest is boring to me, until there is a team deathmatch, we are all stuck playing it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Necro:
2. Death shroud. They should not be able to enter deathshroud when under the effects of any CC. Fear is a perfect example.

MM Necros are highly overrated, like all necros they melt against multiple groups. They are very strong in 1vs1, but in general fights they are weak.

Your second point would make necros literally a free kill in team fights. Death Shroud is necromancer’s only damage mitigation and your change would make them even more weak to cc. They already are the worst class when getting focused, or possibly second after ele. They need more ways to mitigate cc and mitigate damage against groups not less.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Necro:

1: Its a nothing build, hardly used outside on S/TPvP its get a nerf anyway
2: So…you want to take pretty much the ONLY defense Necro have and make it so they cant use it half the time. Yeah trust me this WON’T happen. They would have to change pretty much the WHOLE class for something like this to happen. Don’t hold your breathe.

Thief:
1. Sword 2. It is just not fun to fight against. Remove the teleport aspect and instead add in a cripple and a transfer of one condition to whoever you hit on your next attack.

1: Totally agree. They have enough stealth, teleports and everything else so i think swapping to a 2-3second cripple and removing the teleport would be a good change to try and balance it out.

Warrior:
1. Hambow is too strong. The immobilize needs a big reduction.
2. Healing signet. Reduce the base by 20% but at the same time increase the tie to healing power by a lot. In other words, if someone wants to spec for clerics, it should heal for more than today. If they want to go zerker or soldiers, it should be 20% less than today.

1: Said many times. Quite about about Warrior is OP. Hammer needs to have LONGER cool downs and Immbo and such should NOT stack.
2: Everyone (bar Warriors) Know that Healing Signet is broken. They should nerf the Passive by 25%, increase the Healing Powered needed to make it really strong and up the Active part by about 50%, so Passive base would be about 290-300hpS (make it every 3 seconds it ticks) and the active would heal for about 4-5k

Engineer:
1. Bunker ele is currently the easiest spec to play in the entire game. Drop bombs, grenades, mines, heal up fully, and then go again. Takes no skill to be quite good.

I am guessing you mean Bunker Engineer. This is one of the sort of builds that require near perma poison to down, the amount of easy access to stuns, cripple, knockdown and such need to be reduced as well.

Mesmer:

1: Well – they are a 1Vs1 class, they are rather average in groups and in zergs i do think that in solo/1Vs1 they need to be nerfed a bit and buffed in group/zerg support so they aren’t just a Portal/Veil/Time Warp bot.

Ranger:
1. Spirits. Yes they received a small nerf, but the fact still remains…. no one wants to play against a petting zoo. As with necro MM, minimal skill is required to be quite good.
2. Melee vs range. These are rangers and should be the king of distance. Buff their bows and nerf their melee specs

1: Rarely see Spirit builds in WvW so no comment.
2: Rarely see ANY rangers in solo/small group so again no comment

Ele:
1. Meteor shower is too strong. AOE damage in general across this game is too high. Nerf the damage of this skill and buff some of the single target skills

1: So, they have been nerfed in damage, healing, mobility and now you want there AoE nerfed as well? They are pretty much an easy kill (unless bunker) in any form of PvP, they have had all there damage and mobility nerfed but havent had any sort of buff to health or armor at which they are joint in, every class EXCEPT Ele is in different teirs when it comes to Health and Armor – Ele is Low health and Low Armor…

Guardian:

I have seen some that can do pretty insane damage as well as very good healing…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

…..wait…. thief sword #2 needs another nerf? It can already be cc’d now.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Profession Balance

style.6173

It’s more of a gameplay mechanism. No teleport, but the ability to cripple opponents AND pass one condition back to whoever you hit with the sword. A lot of thieves have been looking for additional ways to clear conditions, and this one give them one, plus damage the opponent at the same time.

Imagine a necro hitting you with 8 stacks of bleeds. Sword 2, and those bleeds are now back on the necro. In a group fight, the sword hits multiple opponents. Imagine dropping those 8 bleed stacks on 3 enemies all at once

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

It’s more of a gameplay mechanism. No teleport, but the ability to cripple opponents AND pass one condition back to whoever you hit with the sword. A lot of thieves have been looking for additional ways to clear conditions, and this one give them one, plus damage the opponent at the same time.

Imagine a necro hitting you with 8 stacks of bleeds. Sword 2, and those bleeds are now back on the necro. In a group fight, the sword hits multiple opponents. Imagine dropping those 8 bleed stacks on 3 enemies all at once

But then sword loses it’s gap closer and it already has condi clear on the return. This would push D/P further into a superior position with a gap closer, poison for reduction of healing, and burst. Furthermore additional sources of cripple aren’t really needed. This would give S/D in particular 3 different sources of cripple, but no burst and no real mobility (just the ability to hinder others’ movement).

Additional condi removal needs to be added in an active form in the acro line so that both the defensive lines have equal, unique removal mechanics. Redundancies within the same weapon set don’t need to be added while removing the mobility that keeps S/X on par with D/X (since D/X has both mobility and burst)

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

nerf OP’s posting power w/ a “block function” so i no longer see or accidentally read his/her posts.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

1. MM Necro is weak? Are you serious? At least ANET has already announced that it will be getting nerfed in the next balance patch. Good news there.
2. Spirit ranger? What spec do you think is used by rangers in tournaments?
3. The problem is that it is the only PvP game mode right now. As much as conquest is boring to me, until there is a team deathmatch, we are all stuck playing it.

Look, I get that you’re stuck in your tiny happy world of sPvP.
Not everyone is. There’s two giant game modes out there, and last we knew the sPvP community was shrinking and worried about that. Compared to capping WvW zones which is why we get an overflow for it. and 10-15 overflows for PvE events.

And in those modes – the ones played in force – that’s where MM is really weak. That’s where Spirits die right away.

The minions and spirits need buffs. They die too easily, and in the case of minions they don’t bring enough to the table to warrant the slots.

It’s a shame that in theory fun abilities keep getting restrictive CDs or weak power due to sPvP complaints. It’s also a shame because it seems to me that PvE and, though to a much lesser degree, WvW players are much more content with the current game – less complaint threads by them – yet they’re the ones getting shafted by changes made for a very vocal minority.

In an ideal world, a Necromancer could do something else than power-build or epidemic conditions for worm phase 2, in PvE. They can’t, because the moment ANet tries to buff conditions or minions, the sPvP crowd will go ballistic because only they matter – apparently.

So in short: Remove or re-do sPvP. Make it a separate game with a separate downloader and all.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

lol nerf ranger melee? right now GS’s auto attack hits as hard as a warriors one-handed sword… except without the bleed…. and its almost twice as slow.