[PvP] Uninterruptable Healing Skills

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

One thing that has bothered me for quite a while is the risk:reward ratio for healing skills that some classes are completely able to skirt due to specific designs.

When new healing skills were designed for every class, the elementalist healing skill was given a 3/4s cast time, up from 0 originally, to allow counter-play and the possibility of it being interrupted. That seems like a good design decision to me. However, at the same time, some classes are given specific healing skills that cannot be interrupted reasonably, specifically:

Withdraw – the worst offender. Even if the thief is careless and withdraws into a static field/line of warding -type skill, they are still awarded with the heal, which procs at the start of the skill. Also, has a 0s cast time and teeny-tiny 15s recharge time. There is no drawback to counter-act the benefits of this skill (being affected by poison unlike Hide in Shadows is also not a drawback, it is a feature of HiS).
Proposed fix – add 3/4s cast animation that occurs at end of the evasion/condi-clear.

Healing Turret – 1/2s cast time, which is not enough time to be interrupted. Also, one of the best heals in the game, giving cleanse, huge water field (actually 2 if you time the F1 skill well), a blast (if needed), and condi clear on a short 16s CD (20s if blasted to support team with health). Even if this skill were able to be interrupted, it would still EASILY be the best engie heal. One of 2 healing skills that has less than 3/4s cast time.
Proposed fix – Make it a 1s cast time, or put an additional 1/2s cast animation on the overcharge.

Healing Signet – not as strong of an offender after recent changes, although still poor design. Unlike other signets, does not require any pre-requisite to be met (like hitting someone with the thief signet or even using a skill with the ele signet). At least this heal has the drawback of being weaker to bursts.
Proposed fix: Only ticks if damage was dealt to or by warrior in the last 5s.

Shelter – Only interruptible with VERY few skills (those that are unblockable, or something like shocking-aura and running into a light field the guard previously laid down), but at least it is more balanced with a long cooldown.
Edit: Also, as has been pointed out, the heal procs at the end of the skill, and goes on full CD if interrupted to balance out the risk:reward.
Proposed fix: Don’t start the block for 3/4s and lower the CD, or keep it as is.

The others: Defiant Stance only have a 1/4s cast time, but can be completely played around as most of the healing comes from taking damage, so it is justified.

Edit: Litany of wrath has a 3/4s cast time, not 1/4s.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Healing Turret – 1/2s cast time, which is not enough time to be interrupted. Also, one of the best heals in the game, giving cleanse, huge water field (actually 2 if you time the F1 skill well), a blast (if needed), and condi clear on a short 16s CD (20s if blasted to support team with health). Even if this skill were able to be interrupted, it would still EASILY be the best engie heal. One of 2 healing skills that has less than 3/4s cast time.
Proposed fix – Make it a 1s cast time, or put an additional 1/2s cast animation on the overcharge.

This one struck me as odd. Because the healing turret itself is the lowest heal in the game. To gain its full benefits, you must use F1 – 5 – 5- F1. That is a 4 key system to accomplish all that you suggest it can do. Not to mention your claim of it being the best heal, is no more then a very subjective opinion.

Not only is this skill actually interruptible in its current form, and portion of the chain required to utilize its full benefits can be interrupted. They can be knocked out of its range, and so on. I am not saying I am against making it a 1s cast time to place the turret, because the healing kits actual heal is 1s and Elixir H is 1s, while A.E.D. is 3/4s, I simply feel that the fact that it requires a well timed system of 4 key presses to utilize its full benefits, puts it apart from the other heals you mention. Not only is there a multiple key press needed, but they have delays to give proper timing to blast it as well.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

This one struck me as odd. Because the healing turret itself is the lowest heal in the game. To gain its full benefits, you must use F1 – 5 – 5- F1. That is a 4 key system to accomplish all that you suggest it can do. Not to mention your claim of it being the best heal, is no more then a very subjective opinion.

Not only is this skill actually interruptible in its current form, and portion of the chain required to utilize its full benefits can be interrupted. They can be knocked out of its range, and so on. I am not saying I am against making it a 1s cast time to place the turret, because the healing kits actual heal is 1s and Elixir H is 1s, while A.E.D. is 3/4s, I simply feel that the fact that it requires a well timed system of 4 key presses to utilize its full benefits, puts it apart from the other heals you mention. Not only is there a multiple key press needed, but they have delays to give proper timing to blast it as well.

He’s kind of right, you can get over 4k healing from healing turret just by spamming the healing skill so the overcharge triggers near immediately after the turret spawns. Blasting it for the water finisher is actually instant.

Not saying the skill needs a cast time nerf, but he’s at least right that the 1/2 second cast time isn’t feasible to regularly interrupt. You’ve gotta be REALLY good at anticipating the heal to pull that off. But it doesn’t really need a nerf, none of these skills do imo, except maybe a change to heal sig.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

(edited by Shockwave.1230)

in Profession Balance

BlackBeard.2873

Just to clarify, you get more HP/s if you hit the heal skill twice (drop and over-charge) then immediately pick it up (6-6-F) which can be done in 1/2s. Blasting the water field heal is better in team-fight situation or if you are desperate for a burst heal, but comes with the drawback of a longer CD on using it again.

Healing turret is arguably best heal in the game as it has:
-One of the highest HP/s healing skills in the game (roughly 380 HP/s + regen, compared to 378 HP/s of healing signet)
- Huge water field
- 2 condis cleared
- Basically uninterruptible

I think the power of the skill is fine, but making it nearly impossible to interrupt seems silly to me, especially when they specifically want healing skills to be interruptible to allow counterplay with the design of the new healing skills.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I don’t have that much of a problem with Withdraw. Maybe it’s a bit much healing for a 15s skill, but it doesn’t give them stealth, and for me thieves are only a problem when they hide. If I can see them, I can hit them ,and they won’t hit me, and they’ll eventually go down. That’s probably why it got so much healing for a 15s skill. Most people sticks with Hide in Shadows.

Healig Turret could be a bit more interruptible, that’s true. If you get Deployable Turrets, you can pop lots of health in the middle of the fray and give lots of support to a bunch of melees that are blasting and leaping without getting in much dangers.
It should at least be more stoppable by a sharp player keeping an eye on them.

Healing Signet should swap its effect with Signet of Restoration. Warriors have decent access to Haste and attack speed. They can use a “heal on attack” efficiently, and most of their attacks have more or less the same range of speeds. And the last thing warriors need is more passive guaranteed effects. They should be smarted about it.
On the other hand, elementalists have lots of really, really slow casting spells, so they have a wider range of activation times between the fastest ones (that are not really that fast) and the slower ones (that are really, really slow). So if they want to make the most of that healing, they are stuck with the fastest spells, which limits them much more than what the effect would limit warriors. Use the 1s casting spells or channeled spells, and you won’t heal as much.

As for shelter, there’s several skills that go past blocks. I think in this case that’s the path against this skill. Things like Marks with the Greater Marks trait, “Fear Me!”, Slick Shoes, Magnet, Throw Mine, Wail of Doom, or a stun with Signet of Might’s active effect.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I think Shelter has enough things that really hard-counter it (I’m pretty sure right now you fully prevent it, not just put it on a few second CD if you interrupt it). Necro has a ton of ways (especially if they have stability up) to do something to it, and some other professions can as well.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

I think Shelter has enough things that really hard-counter it (I’m pretty sure right now you fully prevent it, not just put it on a few second CD if you interrupt it).

Correct, Shelter is a 2 second (I think?) cast that heals at the end, so interrupting it puts it on full cooldown with no heal.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I’m not too concerned about Healing Turret. It has high theoretical HP/second, but it also requires you to devote some time and concentration to drop it, overcharge it, pick it up, and repeat in 15 seconds to get that high HP/second. It takes a lot of practice to achieve that high HP/second while maintaining pressure.

Shelter is fine, as it adds some skill-based play. The tradeoff is that the heal amount is relatively low. If the guardian doesn’t block a significant amount of damage, then it’s much worse than Signet of Restoration.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

I’m not too concerned about Healing Turret. It has high theoretical HP/second, but it also requires you to devote some time and concentration to drop it, overcharge it, pick it up, and repeat in 15 seconds to get that high HP/second. It takes a lot of practice to achieve that high HP/second while maintaining pressure.

Pressing 6, 6, and F rapidly takes a lot of practice? We’re not talking about the overcharge blast, remember. This is just cast, overcharge, pick up. It’s not difficult in the slightest.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Pressing 6, 6, and F rapidly takes a lot of practice? We’re not talking about the overcharge blast, remember. This is just cast, overcharge, pick up. It’s not difficult in the slightest.

It is more physical actions to use that process then any other heal skill in the game. As well, it has to be done in a certain time frame, unlike something like mantras that can be primed ahead of time. Just sayin.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Uh, Withdraw only heals 4300 and has a 0,6 coefficient. I know, instant and all. But that doesn’t really sound that strong.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

They actually buffed withdraw by about 20% iirc because it couldn’t compete with HiS. Right now it’s in a pretty decent place. Consider that even though it’s un-interruptable (since it’s just a dodge), ~4.5k health covers about 2-3 autoattacks from most power builds. Also your idea of putting a 3/4 second interruptable part on the end of the dodge would give it a huge telegraph saying you better have an interrupt at the end of this shiny blue backflip with a pretty big margin of error. You couldn’t put it at the beginning of the heal either because it couldn’t be used reactively if you had to wait 3/4 of a second before the evade kicks in.

Tldr:
For practical reasons (and because I think the heal is pretty well balanced), withdraw doesn’t need to be changed.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It is more physical actions to use that process then any other heal skill in the game. As well, it has to be done in a certain time frame, unlike something like mantras that can be primed ahead of time. Just sayin.

Pressing two buttons, oh, such skill. This is laughable argument. You don’t have to worry about being interrupted and part of HT is AoE. If one heal should be better just because it takes more buttons to press (which is not any issue for even average joe) then please make all heals like that!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Tldr:
For practical reasons (and because I think the heal is pretty well balanced), withdraw doesn’t need to be changed.

I agree.
And mind you, I loathe Thieves. The one class in any format of PvP which makes me rage. Really badly.

Still, Withdraw seems fine to me.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Pyroathiest.4168

Pressing two buttons, oh, such skill. This is laughable argument. You don’t have to worry about being interrupted and part of HT is AoE. If one heal should be better just because it takes more buttons to press (which is not any issue for even average joe) then please make all heals like that!

Hear hear! I’ll take ether feast healing more for every time I spam 6 and F in during the cast time of it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Engi here:

If my HT wasn’t as strong as it is… well a few things:

My condi cleanse stinks.

My team support ( which I consider my role as engi to be) goes wayyyyyyy down.

I have limited stun breaks / non-existent stab / limited condi cleanse makes interrupting my heal skill a very nearly guaranteed death.

also don’t come close to arguing the water field thing. Rangers get a freaking 10s water field. Want to exploit a water field? bring 2 warriors an engi and ranger and blast that field 8-10 times.

If HT gets the shaft.. well you forget how strong med kit is.. selfish but very strong.

and well hgh engis…

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in Profession Balance

Pyroathiest.4168

Engi here:

If my HT wasn’t as strong as it is… well a few things:

My condi cleanse stinks.

My team support ( which I consider my role as engi to be) goes wayyyyyyy down.

I have limited stun breaks / non-existent stab / limited condi cleanse makes interrupting my heal skill a very nearly guaranteed death.

also don’t come close to arguing the water field thing. Rangers get a freaking 10s water field. Want to exploit a water field? bring 2 warriors an engi and ranger and blast that field 8-10 times.

If HT gets the shaft.. well you forget how strong med kit is.. selfish but very strong.

and well hgh engis…

The skill itself doesn’t need to be nerfed exactly. It just needs a longer and more visual animation, like most other healing skills in the game. No heal should be uninterruptable.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

A note about healing turret:

The heal doesn’t actually occur right away. It is possible to use healing turret, then go downed, and the turret will then be sitting there trying to heal you. There’s a bit of a delay, meaning it has closer to a 3/4 cast time, but you generally don’t notice it.

Also, your data on litany of wrath is incorrect, it has a 3/4 second cast time. It should have 1/4 second cast time (IMO it should be instant like every other meditation) given that it is actually very bad for the most part.

in Profession Balance

BlackBeard.2873

Uh, Withdraw only heals 4300 and has a 0,6 coefficient. I know, instant and all. But that doesn’t really sound that strong.

Withdraw is an issue on high-evasion S/D specs that already have enough escape skills (sword 2, shadowstep, shadow refuge) to go with their high evasion up-times, they don’t need their heal to be GUARANTEED and a disengage too. Even making the heal proc at the end of the roll would be more skillful, because a thief can just hit that in a panic anyway, even running into a static field or line of warding and STILL get rewarded.

The point is, HiS is a good heal b/c it requires the thief to cover his own cast, or use it offensively. Withdraw is a pretty skill-less heal, as there is never a time you have to be intelligent about casting it if you need health. It also doesn’t allow counter-play, as there is NO way to prevent it being cast besides just perma-stunning them (and good luck with 2 stunbreaks, one of which has a 2nd stunbreak on it).

Adding counterplay to an ability, especially a heal, would increase the skill and skill-opportunities for both players. I’m not saying that my suggestion is the best, but I do think SOMETHING needs to be done.

Also, Yamsandjams, thanks for pointing out that litany of wrath is 3/4s cast time. I was pretty cursory in checking that cast-time, b/c its not really seen or relevant all that much. I’ve fixed the original post.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The only thing good about shelter is that it’s instant. Adding a cast time for the block defeats the purpose as it is a counter to burst damage since the heal isn’t that big. It also allows for it to be used preemptively.

Guardians are reliant on active defense, and thus as it turns out, they live on fast casting skills. We can’t telegraph anything because our base health is so low and would be a splat in 0.5 seconds.

As for the healing turret, one of the reasons I take it is the condi clear, and there’s a brief delay to overcharge the turret. It’s fine the way it is because it’s hard enough to use in a difficult fight.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Withdraw – the worst offender. Even if the thief is careless and withdraws into a static field/line of warding -type skill, they are still awarded with the heal, which procs at the start of the skill. Also, has a 0s cast time and teeny-tiny 15s recharge time. There is no drawback to counter-act the benefits of this skill (being affected by poison unlike Hide in Shadows is also not a drawback, it is a feature of HiS).
Proposed fix – add 3/4s cast animation that occurs at end of the evasion/condi-clear.

Please no. They already added a cast time to Infiltrator’s Strike. Withdraw already has a fairly low on-use heal and the evade motion is only backwards.

Healing Signet – not as strong of an offender after recent changes, although still poor design. Unlike other signets, does not require any pre-requisite to be met (like hitting someone with the thief signet or even using a skill with the ele signet). At least this heal has the drawback of being weaker to bursts.
Proposed fix: Only ticks if damage was dealt to or by warrior in the last 5s.

So… a Thief could just camp in stealth, regenerate all of their health while the Warrior he is killing gets nothing? Also what about blocking skills such as Shield Stance, Counterblow and Riposte? What about Berserker Stance and Endure Pain?

So.. are you saying that you want all healing skills to be somehow preventable?

in Profession Balance

Shockwave.1230

There’s no reason to make changes for the sake of making changes. 3 of the 4 skills people don’t have issue with. If you have an issue with it now, ask yourself why? Then go play the builds that use these healing skills and offer some feedback then.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Those are two extra button pushes that could have been used to activate at least one other skill or a dodge or something. Hell, if you don’t think it matters how many button pushes it takes, how about we double the amount of clicks for every skill on your skill bar then?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Shelter is a block, guard is about active play and damage mitigation, shelter, is a block and can be interrupted, and when it is it gets a full cool down, you lose the block AND you don’t get any heal, which by the way is really poor on shelter, shelter and the people who run it, such as myself, run it for the block, and if you put a cast time on that it is no longer a way to mitigate bursts etc as by the time you see the animation of it coming, hit shelter and the cast time to pass, it is to late, to do this to shelter would mean it would need a large boost to the heal.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

None of these skills need changing in my opinion.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the healing skills are fine.

some people just want to complain.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Those are two extra button pushes that could have been used to activate at least one other skill or a dodge or something. Hell, if you don’t think it matters how many button pushes it takes, how about we double the amount of clicks for every skill on your skill bar then?

Wouldn’t affect me or anyone I play with.

I know this because nobody I play with still clicks skills.

I agree that interrupts are important, but the solution is not to arbitrarily insert them but rather to consider interruptibility in the balance of the skill (which is how it is now for the most part), as in you sacrifice heals in order to not be interrupted.

in Profession Balance

BlackBeard.2873

I agree that interrupts are important, but the solution is not to arbitrarily insert them but rather to consider interruptibility in the balance of the skill (which is how it is now for the most part), as in you sacrifice heals in order to not be interrupted.

I agree with this completely. In my opinion, the only two that are really an issue are Withdraw and Healing Turret. Healing turret is one of the best heals in the game and isn’t balanced around not being interruptible. Withdraw is an incredibly good heal on high-evasion specs, comes with extra damage mitigation, and doesn’t really lose out in HP/S to other thief heals. This is an issue with thief builds such as s/d and s/p that already have superior survivability and take quite a while to whittle down. Such spec doesn’t need a guaranteed healing skill ontop of it. The icing on the cake is that it procs at the start of the skill, and the theif is rewarded for poor play such as rolling straight into a line of warding, which is one of the very few ways to interrupt the evasion as it is. At the very least, the heal shouldn’t prokittenil the end of the roll.

Healing signet’s biggest issue is that it continues to tick even when the warrior is stunned. At least with ele/thief heals, when they are cc’d, their healing is 0. Perhaps adding a condition that it doesn’t tick while stunned.

I do think shelter is a balanced heal, personally, but only added it for completeness.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Healing Signet’s passive heal is uninteruptable (and the part used most of the time), but the activation has a 1.25s cast time. So its not entirely uninteruptable.

Shelter can be interupted by abilities that ignore Block. f.e. Magnet.

Healing Turret can be interupted, or the player can be knocked out of the range of the healing turrets follow-up. It can even be destroyed.

Out of all the abilities you listed, only Withdraw is truely uninteruptable. But that doesnt mean they cannot be countered through something like Poison. Lets talk about that aswell.
Poison will debuff these healing skills significantly, relatively Healing Signet is least affected as its a constant effect and not a burst of healing.

Sure an abilities like Mending, Hide in the Shadows and Consume Conditions can be interupted. But they remove the Poison before they trigger the heal, so they cannot be debuffed.
So when they go off you are guarenteed maximum effectiveness.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

agreed, and what makes even less sense is that some of the longer casting highly interruptable heals don’t reward you for the risk.
i’m fine with them keeping the low risk heals aslong as they heal less than the high risk skills.

an example being elixir H compared to healing turret, with the blastfinisher healing turret will heal more with less cast time and less recharge.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

agreed, and what makes even less sense is that some of the longer casting highly interruptable heals don’t reward you for the risk.
i’m fine with them keeping the low risk heals aslong as they heal less than the high risk skills.

an example being elixir H compared to healing turret, with the blastfinisher healing turret will heal more with less cast time and less recharge.

simple. then lets buff those longer casting time, highly interrupted-able healing skills accordingly then.

in Profession Balance

Shockwave.1230

I agree with this completely. In my opinion, the only two that are really an issue are Withdraw and Healing Turret. Healing turret is one of the best heals in the game and isn’t balanced around not being interruptible. Withdraw is an incredibly good heal on high-evasion specs, comes with extra damage mitigation, and doesn’t really lose out in HP/S to other thief heals. This is an issue with thief builds such as s/d and s/p that already have superior survivability and take quite a while to whittle down. Such spec doesn’t need a guaranteed healing skill ontop of it. The icing on the cake is that it procs at the start of the skill, and the theif is rewarded for poor play such as rolling straight into a line of warding, which is one of the very few ways to interrupt the evasion as it is. At the very least, the heal shouldn’t prokittenil the end of the roll.

Healing signet’s biggest issue is that it continues to tick even when the warrior is stunned. At least with ele/thief heals, when they are cc’d, their healing is 0. Perhaps adding a condition that it doesn’t tick while stunned.

I do think shelter is a balanced heal, personally, but only added it for completeness.

Why is shelter balanced when it mitigates damage on a sustain build, but withdraw is not while it does something similar?

Counter these 2 skills with Poison, withdraw will heal for like 3.2k it’s very weak.

in Profession Balance

BlackBeard.2873

Why is shelter balanced when it mitigates damage on a sustain build, but withdraw is not while it does something similar?

Counter these 2 skills with Poison, withdraw will heal for like 3.2k it’s very weak.

Shelter has a very long cooldown compared to withdraw, so if a burst guardian (a spec with damage) were to use it, they would only get it once per fight. It also CAN be interrupted with at least a few skills.

Withdraw cooldown is very low, is IMPOSSIBLE to interrupt the healing (even with something like static field/ring of warding), and comes on a class that has plenty of disengages if they had to cover their heal. This means that withdraw is very likely to be cast a couple times during the fight, and trying to wait for the heal to offload damage doesn’t work b/c it will be available so quickly.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

the only two that are really an issue are Withdraw and Healing Turret.

Really? So if you only actually have a problem with 2 skills, why do you make a thread listing 7 heals you are demanding changes for?

the healing skills are fine.

some people just want to complain.

Ahh, now I see the answer to my question above.

Withdraw cooldown is very low, is IMPOSSIBLE to interrupt the healing (even with something like static field/ring of warding), and comes on a class that has plenty of disengages if they had to cover their heal. This means that withdraw is very likely to be cast a couple times during the fight, and trying to wait for the heal to offload damage doesn’t work b/c it will be available so quickly.

Honestly, with all of the issues of small things that add up to create issue with the thief, how it is a single healing skill that you draw to as a problem? I am not saying it is not, but it seems to me as if it was a starting point for you to complain about skills that are not a problem.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in Profession Balance

Shockwave.1230

Shelter has a very long cooldown compared to withdraw, so if a burst guardian (a spec with damage) were to use it, they would only get it once per fight. It also CAN be interrupted with at least a few skills.

Comparing something that is uninterruptable in 99% of scenarios to something that is uninterruptable in 100% of scenarios isn’t a strong enough arguement to say that the 100% uninterruptable skill is OP.

The fact that withdraw is half the cooldown of shelter has everything to do with thieves being squishy and not having additional supplemental heals. A guardian has numerous secondary heals that over 30 seconds heal him for for just as much if not more than shelter by itself.

The desire to nerf withdraw comes strictly from the feeling that it’s OP when synergizing with S/D or S/P. Similar logic could be applied to the synergy between a bunker guardian and shelter, yet the feeling is shelter is not OP.

(edited by Shockwave.1230)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

The guardian shelter is and should probably stay, like if I on warhorn necro, actualy manage to interupt his heal, you could say I won half the teamfight.

The engie heal is annoying cz u cant interupt it, but i find the super low CD and their other healing sources (regen, backpack regen, block, blind field!!!!! omg hate this one freaking blind well just 2x lower CD ) to be far more troublesome. maybe small buff like +1 condi remove and 20s CD.

So far, nothing actualy important, but the thief withdrawl is a thing. Theres many backstab builds that even take it, as it may give more ( you ususaly dont live long enough to use Hide in Shadows twice, but 15s is no problem) + its a valuable reposition tool (mini sword#2, which we all know ….)
Id suggest to give heal at end of animation, altough only known counter would be to hit static field which is thieves own fault

Healing signet just needs another 3x of those 8% nerfs and then a usable active, which puts the signet on CD if interupted, like legacy lord NPC.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/