[PvP /X] Necro Idea -make W. Shroud a blast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Please? both Dagger #5 and weakness shroud for a blast? More DS dancing = less spaming autos

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

You mean as in combo finisher?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

yup. Youd get a blind when a well is down, or some random might, thats about it. Cant get healed in DS anyway. And the blind could mix with the blind+chill trait

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I dont see an OPness to this suggestion. Necro has almost zero finishers, this would help in that area. Other classes have really short or spammable blasts.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I dont see an OPness to this suggestion. Necro has almost zero finishers, this would help in that area. Other classes have really short or spammable blasts.

We have an okay number of finishers. The problems is that they are A, not controllable, and B, taking the same slots that our fields do.

A is really the bigger issue. We have no direct control over where the minion finishers go and, other than on bone minions, no way to decide when they go off.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Muchacho.2390

We have an okay number of finishers. The problems is that they are A, not controllable, and B, taking the same slots that our fields do.

A is really the bigger issue. We have no direct control over where the minion finishers go and, other than on bone minions, no way to decide when they go off.

Not on weapon skills, most are utility skills and minons (the bad part).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

I support this idea along with blasts on axe 3 and warhorn 4 as other possible options. Necro needs more accessible finishers!

in Profession Balance

Stand The Wall.6987

Drarnor what planet are you on? We have close to no finishers. 1 on staff. Minions. Both of which are not used by a lot of people. I have zero finishers or combo fields in pvp.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor what planet are you on? We have close to no finishers. 1 on staff. Minions. Both of which are not used by a lot of people. I have zero finishers or combo fields in pvp.

You didn’t read my post beyond “we have an okay amount.” I went on to clarify that while our numbers are probably fine, their massive unreliability is not.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Muchacho.2390

Here are all necro fields and finisher http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Table_of_necromancer_combo_skills

Combo finishers are only on minions and staff… (not counting underwater weapons but who cares about those)

And necros have the least number of combo finishers of all professions and the combo fields a necro offers are not on high demand.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in Profession Balance

Spoj The Second.7680

To put it into perspective (ignoring underwater weapons):

Finishers:
Warrior – 35
Ranger – 27
Engineer – 25
Elementalist – 23
Thief – 18
Mesmer – 10
Guardian – 7
Necromancer – 6 (2 are minion auto attacks, 2 on staff, 2 on minion actives)

Fields:
Elementalist – 12
Guardian – 11
Engineer – 10
Ranger – 8
Necromancer – 8
Mesmer – 6
Thief – 4
Warrior – 1

Total fields and finishers (excluding underwater):
Warrior – 36
Ranger – 35
Engineer – 35
Elementalist – 35
Thief – 22
Guardian – 18
Mesmer – 16
Necromancer – 14

Purely from a numbers perspective necro is right at the bottom. When you take into account how inaccessible the finishers are it gets even worse and then when you consider our fields; 4 dark, 2 poison, 1 light and 1 ethereal. All pretty undesirable fields. And all our combos are on utilities except for the 3 on one weapon (staff). Other classes with few combos have much better access, much better fields/combo’s or have them much more spread out. We have them all squashed into once place and very inaccessible. So yes, I definately think necro needs some rework with combos.

(edited by Spoj The Second.7680)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

To put it into perspective (ignoring underwater weapons):

Finishers:
Warrior – 35
Ranger – 27
Engineer – 25
Elementalist – 23
Thief – 18
Mesmer – 10
Guardian – 7
Necromancer – 6 (2 are minion auto attacks, 2 on staff, 2 on minion actives)

Fields:
Elementalist – 12
Guardian – 11
Engineer – 10
Ranger – 8
Necromancer – 8
Mesmer – 6
Thief – 4
Warrior – 1

Total fields and finishers (excluding underwater):
Warrior – 36
Ranger – 35
Engineer – 35
Elementalist – 35
Thief – 22
Guardian – 18
Mesmer – 16
Necromancer – 14

Purely from a numbers perspective necro is right at the bottom. When you take into account how inaccessible the finishers are it gets even worse and then when you consider our fields. 4 dark, 2 poison, 1 light and 1 etheral. All pretty undesirable fields. And all our combos are on utilities except for the 3 on one weapon (staff). Other classes with few combos have much better access or much better fields/combo’s. We have them all squashed into once place and very inaccessible. So yes i definately think necro needs some rework with combos.

^This

considering i can blast anything anytime on my mesmer and guardian. The necro blast/fields really are in dire straits

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Stand The Wall.6987

You didn’t read my post beyond “we have an okay amount.” I went on to clarify that while our numbers are probably fine, their massive unreliability is not.

The numbers are not fine, the types of fields are not fine, the reliability is not fine.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

“Types of fields” is a different story from “finishers”, though. We have one good, one okay, and two lousy field types. Although, both Dark and Poison fields would be great if we had frequent, reliable blast finishers.

That said, only Ice fields would make sense on a necro out of the other field types. I would adore having ice fields.

And I definitely agree that the reliability of our current finishers is absolute trash. The only one that we can control both placement and timing of is Necrotic Traversal on Flesh Wurm, but using it for a blast finisher is a massive waste.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Spoj The Second.7680

Bone minions arent too bad for blasts either. But honestly thats just like making the most out of the terrible options we have as a class.