gawker.8340

Ranger vs Mesmer:
Ranger tries to lay healing spring, mesmer interrupts. heal goes on 60s CD

Necro vs Mesmer:
Necro tries to consume condition, mesmer interrupts. heal goes on 50s CD

Thief vs Mesmer:
Thief tries to hide in shadows, mesmer interrupts. heal goes on 60s CD

Warrior vs Mesmer:
Warrior doesn’t activate healing signet. warrior survives.

I see what you did there Anet.

[PvP] new mesmer GM trait

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

According to the blog post, it would put any interrupted skill on a 10 second cooldown, whereas skills that are normally interrupted will be on a 5 second cooldown. I’m not sure where you pulled the numbers from, but they appear to be way off.

And yes, it will be virtually ineffective against healing signet as well as instant cast skills, but that’s because they can’t be interrupted anyways. Furthermore, stability would prevent you from being interrupted in the first place, and warriors have lots of that too.

In any case, I don’t think it will be a popular trait in the first place, but it doesn’t have to be applicable to every skill in the game just because it’s a grandmaster level trait. Hopefully the other warrior healing skills will become more attractive picks so that power block can apply in some situations against warriors (I still see some using healing surge).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

At least understand what it does before you start whining about it.

It will not put any interrupted skill on a cool down longer than 10 sec. And honestly if you’re getting interrupted all hard it’s your own fault, as consistently timing and landing interrupts as a mesmer is actually hard to do and it should be rewarded. We can’t just sit on you and spam our melee stuff over and over like some other classes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Cute way of saying a Mesmer is going to interrupt 6 times in a row, but I think you need to be more direct in the future.... Think of the children.

Plus did we really need a 2nd thread on this, the trait is not that bad to be honest, interrupting skills 250 years ago put the skill on a full cd, and they did fine then.
Kids today have it easy

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

OP sure gonna look silly when he realises his mistake.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Reading comprehension. Not.

Must be hard for Anet to write changelogs/announcements that everyone can understand.
As people already stated, interrupted skills will go on a 10s CD instead of a five second cooldown.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Being locked out of your heal for 5 seconds is punishment enough. 10 seconds? That is an automatic win against some of the classes. Just from interrupting a single heal?

Bad.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Being locked out of your heal for 5 seconds is punishment enough. 10 seconds? That is an automatic win against some of the classes. Just from interrupting a single heal?

Bad.

It’s an automatic win against bad players. Good players will cover their heal by popping stability, opening a gap, stealthing, CCing and baiting cooldowns.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Bad.

It’s an automatic win against bad players. Good players will cover their heal by popping stability, opening a gap, stealthing, CCing and baiting cooldowns.

Let me guess, you defended prenerf perplexity as well, right? Necros can’t pop stability to heal, can’t stealth, and can’t create enough of a gap to protect a heal against a ranged interrupt. Landing a fear to protect your heal is not reliable. Nor is baiting a cooldown when you need that heal.

And if you are a solo roaming thief or Mesmer calling other people bad, then you are a joke. A total joke, because by solo roaming on a thief or mesmer you are pretty much admitting you need to be playing those classes as a crutch. Try solo roaming on a power necromancer and get back to me.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Ranger vs Mesmer:
Ranger tries to lay healing spring, mesmer interrupts. heal goes on 60s CD

Necro vs Mesmer:
Necro tries to consume condition, mesmer interrupts. heal goes on 50s CD

Thief vs Mesmer:
Thief tries to hide in shadows, mesmer interrupts. heal goes on 60s CD

Warrior vs Mesmer:
Warrior doesn’t activate healing signet. warrior survives.

I see what you did there Anet.

wow….just wow.

LOCK this. OP doesn’t/can’t read.

… and wait for patch to see what the trait’s cooldown is before you whine/kitten/moan.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Bad.

And it’s in the same slot as Confounding Suggestions, did you notice that?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I’m completely fine with the trait taken alone.

The main issue is Chaos Storm, tough. I really don’t want to have AoE lol-stupid insane lockdown in this game, I prefer something similiar to Power Block or Psychic Distraction back in GW1, that if you failed the interrupt you have to deal with drawbacks of the skill.
Power Block costed loads of energy and had an high cooldown while Psychic Distration costed a little bit less of energy, really low cooldown but disabled any other skill on the caster.

You failed the interrupts? Now deal with the drawbacks.
With Chaos Storm is something more on the line “use the skill and wait for it to interrupt for you”.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

The OP forgot one!!!

Power Block vs Withdrawal

Withdrawal wins

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

I’m completely fine with the trait taken alone.

The main issue is Chaos Storm, tough. I really don’t want to have AoE lol-stupid insane lockdown in this game, I prefer something similiar to Power Block or Psychic Distraction back in GW1, that if you failed the interrupt you have to deal with drawbacks of the skill.
Power Block costed loads of energy and had an high cooldown while Psychic Distration costed a little bit less of energy, really low cooldown but disabled any other skill on the caster.

You failed the interrupts? Now deal with the drawbacks.
With Chaos Storm is something more on the line “use the skill and wait for it to interrupt for you”.

Remember that Chaos Storm is a blindingly obvious animation, and so if you’re walking around in it and not protecting your casts from potential interrupts, you’ve made several mistakes already.

in Profession Balance

sorrow.2364

Remember that Chaos Storm is a blindingly obvious animation, and so if you’re walking around in it and not protecting your casts from potential interrupts, you’ve made several mistakes already.

That’s not true.
The casting animation alone isn’t obvious.
Once a mesmer drops the Chaos Storm on your feet, unless you dodge out of it (ie mesmer is forcing you to use a valuable dodge), you still eat two ticks of it, one if you dodge right after you realize the animation.

That said, there are situations in which you can’t always just step out of the chaos storm, like in PvP where you have to hold a node. Chaos Storm already is extremely strong and forces you to step out of a node most of the time.

Futher buffing it via that trait means that no matter what defensive cooldown you use, you are forced to avoid the chaos storm like lava, which isn’t exactly an healthy design imho. Too much put in a single skill to be considered balanced.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

^35 secs cd , random conditions. people complain about the dumbest things.

You want it to be balanced because you can’t dodge it? Shamamered.

Cmon make Gw2 a lesser skill cap even more.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

It’s in a good position honestly, because a Mesmer running Power Block can’t also have both Deceptive Evasion (quick clone generation) and Illusionary Persona (which essentially increases Shatter burst by 33%). You can also use Power Block to lock down leap skills and gap extenders.

Call me Smith.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The main issue is Chaos Storm, tough

Chaos Storm was bugfixed though, it’s no longer a forced interrupt, and only actually triggers the daze about once every 2 casts or so.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

sorrow.2364

^35 secs cd , random conditions. people complain about the dumbest things.

You want it to be balanced because you can’t dodge it? Shamamered.

Cmon make Gw2 a lesser skill cap even more.

Dude, please.
Now Chaos Storm is weak?