[PvX] All Stun breaker should give stability

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

All Stun breakers should give 1.5 second stability only in the condition when that stunbreaker is used to break out of stun. So using “Shake it off” beforehand to stop Earthshaker will not work. However, when you use shake it off after you get stunned by Earthshaker, staggering blow will not knock you back.

• I feel that this is a acceptable nerf to warriors to bring them down from OP status. It will require skill to play warrior as spamming CC won’t work this time. If warriors must be nerfed, then let them be nerfed indirectly.
  • This will make all areas in the game more fun because being chained knockbacks isn’t fun.
5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Or arena net could stop giving tanks the ability to swat flies.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Something I noticed with stun breakers is that they don’t work. The reason why they don’t work is largely due to the amount of consecutive stun in the game. Classes run a lot of CC, and in group environments it isn’t uncommon to have multiple stuns layered on a player over and over again.

But… I would make it so stun breaks give at least short duration stability, regardless of whether or not they are used under an actual stun. This gives players the ability to actively counter CC, instead of just reacting to being hit by it.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

That’s so backwards…

The great forum duppy.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Something I noticed with stun breakers is that they don’t work. The reason why they don’t work is largely due to the amount of consecutive stun in the game. Classes run a lot of CC, and in group environments it isn’t uncommon to have multiple stuns layered on a player over and over again.

But… I would make it so stun breaks give at least short duration stability, regardless of whether or not they are used under an actual stun. This gives players the ability to actively counter CC, instead of just reacting to being hit by it.

The main reason I didn’t want to do make it always give stability regardless if used under an actual stun is because I don’t want them to be used to stomp downed players.

The stability last 1.5 seconds while channeling a stomp is around 3 seconds.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

And then all other utilities were never used ever again. yay! diversity!

I am a teef
:)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

This! So much this! Stun breaking is broken due to all the chain-stuns. This really needs to be fixed for pvp, wvw and pve. There’s currently no limit to the amount of CC that can be layered on top of a single target. This literally turns then player into a helpless ping-pong ball, unable to do anything, until they die.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I kind of agree. Using a stun-breaker only to get hit by another instantly is really frustrating.

I’m not sure this is the most elegant solution but it would help mitigate the problem.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

As a non warrior player (so with limited access to stuns) I disagree. Learning When to use a stunbreaker is really important in this game.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Actually, it may be far easier if they start giving an immunity period to CC. Say a person just stunned you, you are now immune to CC from the time the stun starts to 3 seconds after it’s done. The same goes if you’re immobilized (unless they get rid of the stacking), knocked down, knocked back, pulled, and feared. Basically, it stops all the spam we see because it means it’s going to be less effective…note that this suggestion does not effect actual line AoE like Line of Warding, since that is far easier to bypass. Example, enemy small man group tries to CC your small man group to death. Only the first CC each person on your side takes will work, the rest will be ineffectual for 3 seconds after the original CC ends.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

This! So much this! Stun breaking is broken due to all the chain-stuns. This really needs to be fixed for pvp, wvw and pve. There’s currently no limit to the amount of CC that can be layered on top of a single target. This literally turns then player into a helpless ping-pong ball, unable to do anything, until they die.

With the massive irony that ANet knows this, and gave big mobs Defiant…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

They should do like DAOC did back in the good old days.
You get hit by a cc, you are immune to the same kind of cc for the next X seconds.
It was 60 seconds for magical CC (stun, mezz or root), duration x 5 seconds for phisical stuns (a shield slam would stun for 9 seconds and make you immune to all stuns for the next 45), snare had no immunity unless you were already immune to root (which was basically a 99% snare)
Of course, given the faster pace of GW2 fights, 1 minute of immunity would be too long, but they could do something similar to avoid chain-cc (no one likes being stunlocked when you have no access to stability, due to cd or class limitation).

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Faster paced in PVP perhaps, PVE mobs seems designed to drag the fight out unless you go wall to wall DPS.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

This is a good idea for WvW but maybe not so much for PvP.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

With the massive irony that ANet knows this, and gave big mobs Defiant…

So true! They might have been in a hurry to ship the game. So rather than fixing the issue, they implemented a quick fix that basically renders CC useless in PVE.

But now that the game is out, how about fixing control skills? Make stun-locking impossible in all aspects of the game, and remove Defiant, and replace it with a better system.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

You know that if you stun break and dodge at the same time, you can avoid the chain cc.
But than again as necro, who hasnt much dodge, i like the idea. I could save my dodges for the high damage skills…