[PvX] Chain Lightning

[PvX] Chain Lightning

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Chain Lightning

Problem
Back before Fireball was affected by Blasting Staff, this skill’s niche was to hit multiple targets reliably. With the change, Chain Lightning effectively became a poor man’s Fireball.

Solution
Increase the damage a bit, to make it a good alternative to Fireball.

Pros
-Chain Lightning will be a good alternative for Fireball (same skill, different flavor) and not a ‘stopgap’ measure.
-Would make it a better ‘pet spam’ clearing skill.

Cons
-May deal a bit too much damage against a target if there’s only 1 other target due to the ‘double bounce’. However, given the low fighting chance staff eles have in such duels, combined with the relatively low usage of staff auto attacks in general, this shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

[PvX] Chain Lightning

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Could you consolidate these 4 ideas into one thread, instead of 4 threads?

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

[PvX] Chain Lightning

in Profession Balance

ThiBash.5634

I thought Anet wanted things brief and to the point? If I all put them in a single thread, that wouldn’t be the case.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

[PvX] Chain Lightning

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

I thought Anet wanted things brief and to the point? If I all put them in a single thread, that wouldn’t be the case.

You can be brief and to the point and still contain multiple ideas in one thread. Just make sure you have them parsed appropriately and clearly.

[PvX] Chain Lightning

in Profession Balance

ThiBash.5634

It would make discussion harder…but I’ve done as you suggested and made a condensed post on the ele forums.