[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

In Guild Wars 2, the functionality of your build is determined by traits. You can select supporty traits, dps oriented traits or personal sustainability oriented traits. You traits, along with weapon choice and utility skills, determine your playstyle. This is the beginning and the end of playstyle determination.

Gear, on the other hand, determines where you fall on the offense vs. defense spectrum. On the extreme defensive end you have Sentinels, Dire, Clerics. On the extreme offensive, you have Berserker, Assassins, Rampagers. The gear you choose is determined by the content you intend to use it for. In a World vs World Zerg, with lots of unavoidable damage, an extremely defensive setup is arguably optimal. In a PvE dungeon that you have extensive experience with, a full offensive setup is arguably optimal.

By stating these facts, I intend to demonstrate that gearing does not determine your playstyle or the functionality of your build. Gearing is simply the choice you make based on how much damage you believe you will endure for the content you are choosing to partake in. This is why the notion of being upset with the dominance of Berserker gear in PvE is as ridiculous as being upset with the dominance of Sentinels gear in Zerg v Zerg. Neither gear type changes how your build plays, nor should it: again, gearing is simply your estimation of how much defense you believe you will need to handle the damage you estimate you will take.

So, with that issue settled definitively, we can move on to an actual balance problem. Rampager’s gear makes all the same defense sacrifices as Berserker or Assassins, but there is no spec in the game utilizing Rampagers gear that can achieve the same offensive ability as Berserker/Assassins. Thus, Rampagers is grossly out of balance with its compatriots. If Anet is considering any balance changes regarding the PvE (or small scale WvW/PvP) meta, its primary focus ought to be fixing the Rampager set so that it is on par with Berserker/Assassins.

Since Rampager gear is the only non-trivial balance issue involving gearing in Guild Wars 2, this should be anet’s only concern when considering making any changes regarding the meta.

Thanks for reading.

#FixRampager2014

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I cre evry tiem, pls 1 like =1 Preyer For Ths Por Defensles Gearr Set That Nobode Wantz.
If enugh lieks Jseus Will Com And Giv Swag <3

#FixRampager2014

I support this message.

Rampager gear really is in need of a look at. Also there should be some encounters that function around the use of this gear set.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

This needs more attention.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Darcy Cash.6301

Darcy Cash.6301

Spot on. Nice breakdown.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully this serious balance issue gets addressed prior to some of the silly trivial ones taking up the front page of this forum.

#FixRampager2014

Death and Taxes [DnT]

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

why not maybe double condition damage on rampager? and on all condition damage gear in general. Condition damage behing dangerous is an issue only valid in pvp we could easily keep the 25 stack maximum by doubling the damage the gear provide or we could just both remove the cap and double the damage wich would actualy put condition damage on par with physical damage (and maybe make pet build like rampager ranger running cat bleed with a shortbow interesting in pve for real)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

This has been a thing for so long. Rampager’s gear has all the drawbacks of Berserkers, but no where near the killing power.

Which is the main reason people spec for defensive stats in condition builds.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

all we need on condition damage is an actualy revalue of our damage or a weakening of the critical damage in the favor of non crit damage build. i already proposed elsewhere multiple time that if critical damage was weakened wed likely see more diversity amonst the build and a revalue of condition damage.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Pure condition builds (especially Dire) shouldn´t never be able to dish out berserkers dps. Not even close. They have more then twice effectiv health, so dps output should be at least half as strong.

Only rampager is out of balance, not all the other condition builds out there.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I believe they should split pve and pvp so that gear like rampagers can be adjusted accordingly for pve where it is currently underpowered.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

In Guild Wars 2, the functionality of your build is determined by traits. You can select supporty traits, dps oriented traits or personal sustainability oriented traits. You traits, along with weapon choice and utility skills, determine your playstyle. This is the beginning and the end of playstyle determination.

This is only partially true. Only defensive traits that don’t scale with defensive stats can define your playstyle exclusively through traits (reflects, aegis, blinds, vigor). It is completely and utterly pointless to run a healway guardian, or a 0/10/0/30/30 elementalist without a good baseline of toughness to make the hp/sec from trait choices worthwhile. Generally, sustainable builds are equally defined by traits and gear alike. I play a lot of WvW and the concept of a glass cannon healway guardian or a full bunker axe/gs warrior is absurd.

In theory it sounds nice to substitute all that is defensive but not vitality or toughness into one big category of ‘active defenses’. Although that is not always the case.

As for rampagers, it serves a purpose on innately tanky condi specs (read: necros), who want to squeeze in some extra damage when they feel they have too much tankyness when fully geared in either rabid or carrion.

There are a lot of stat combinations that don’t make sense on their own, but serve a purpose when tailoring a build in an environment where it is actually necessary to do so (read: not in pve).

Also, what kind of change did you have in mind? Doubling the condition damage on rampagers? Surely you understand it doesn’t work that way, since the net amount of stats needs to be balanced.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

Power or condidmg mainstat not precision. Or turn the extra precision into critical dmg for example.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I believe they should split pve and pvp so that gear like rampagers can be adjusted accordingly for pve where it is currently underpowered.

It is already split for some stats. Knights is power/prec/toughness in pve but power/prec/vitality in pvp (and was recently renamed barbarian for pvp).

I command you to be AWESOME.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

Well if the problem is that it isn’t in line with the other full-on aggressive sets… maybe lowering the effectiveness of those other sets will set the perspective right?

I don’t find rampager to be particularly bad in comparison to the other stats, with the exception of berserker (and perhaps the lesser brother, assassins). Yes, it lacks the defense that comes with most other sets, but the damage is still quite a bit higher than that of the defensive sets.

So, the best fix to me, would be to just lower the effectiveness of berserker/assassin stat-setup. The difference between that set and all of the other ones in effectiveness regarding PvE is just too big. Including, but not limited to the difference between berserker and rampager.

It is just how you compare the two.

If you believe berserker is in a healthy spot, then pretty much all the other sets need an improvement. If you believe rampagers is in a healthy spot, then berserker needs to come down.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Moving precision out of the primary slot and swapping in either power or condition would go a long way on this array.

Hell, split it into two variants; one power/cond/pre, the other cond/power/pre. Either is better than the current.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

Or power/prec/con/crit (no mainstat).

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Serious question, would that help to anyone except granade engi?

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

They just need to change the values on the amulet. I am at work so I cant remember exactly what it is, but I know that precision is waaaay too high and condition damage and power are way too low. If they just adjusted it to be more in line with pve rampagers gear, it would go a long way.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Or better yet, change it in all avenues of the game so that precision is not the main stat, either power or condition damage should be.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

Making it power mainstat instead of prec would be a huge improvement. It would be particularly helpful for nade engi’s but it would also improve condi/hybrid necros. Condi dagger thieves. Condi warriors and so on. They could actually become condi versions of the meta builds. I feel condi mainstat would be too strong seeing as condi dmg is the sole contributor to that type of damage though. Thats why I would recommend power mainstat.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

This is only partially true. Only defensive traits that don’t scale with defensive stats can define your playstyle exclusively through traits (reflects, aegis, blinds, vigor). It is completely and utterly pointless to run a healway guardian, or a 0/10/0/30/30 elementalist without a good baseline of toughness to make the hp/sec from trait choices worthwhile. Generally, sustainable builds are equally defined by traits and gear alike. I play a lot of WvW and the concept of a glass cannon healway guardian or a full bunker axe/gs warrior is absurd.

In theory it sounds nice to substitute all that is defensive but not vitality or toughness into one big category of ‘active defenses’. Although that is not always the case.

As for rampagers, it serves a purpose on innately tanky condi specs (read: necros), who want to squeeze in some extra damage when they feel they have too much tankyness when fully geared in either rabid or carrion.

There are a lot of stat combinations that don’t make sense on their own, but serve a purpose when tailoring a build in an environment where it is actually necessary to do so (read: not in pve).

Also, what kind of change did you have in mind? Doubling the condition damage on rampagers? Surely you understand it doesn’t work that way, since the net amount of stats needs to be balanced.

Who said defensive traits and berserker gear was good in wvw? Or a logical choice? If you want a defensive heal-way playstyle you take heal-way traits. If you’re doing WvW where there is a lot of unavoidable damage you would pick defensive gear. If you’re running the same trait set up in a pve dungeon you would use berserker if you felt confident in your dodges. Was I unclear in my description of the character building process?

The point is, the traits you choose will inform you as to the playstyle you should have. The gear you choose is simply an indication of how much damage you believe you will or won’t receive.

And what I had in mind was making Condition Damage the main stat. But others have suggested Power as the main stat, and that seems to be an improvement too.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Awesome discussion! More attention needs to be brought to this problem so that ANet may see why exactly there is so little variety in PVE.

My viewpoint on the solution consists of several steps that should be taken in order for rampagers to be truly usable in PvE:

1) stats need to change, so that precision is not the main stat. As suggested in this topic, a split would be in order to make sets with Power/Prec/Condi and Condi/Prec/Power rather than having precision as a main stat
2) scaling with power on condition weapons needs to be normalized. There are some weapon sets that allow use even with power specs (engineer grenades, warrior sword), while there are sets where such usage is discouraged in game (mesmer scepter)
3) condition damage on bosses needs to be brought to such a level, that over the course of the fight it would even itself with bonus from critical damage. If we compare the (theoretical) rampager changed to Power/Prec/Condi with berserker, we get 71% critical damage from full ascended berserker as opposed to 745 condition damage from rampager’s. The final damage increase (just for the sake of comparison) is on berserker’s 221% critical damage (amounting to 32% bonus damage on critical hit from gear) against close to doubling condition damage output (according to wiki doubling condition damage on lvl 80 requires 850 condition damage). This in an of itself would be a balanced mechanic, if we didn’t consider the fact that boss fights usually don’t last long enough for condition damage to take full effect (stacking bleeds ect.) and the power scaling of skills isn’t (at least all weapons) on par with power based weapons. Therefore what needs to be done is to bring the power scaling on condition weapons on par with power weapons, as well as bringing the condition damage output to such a level, that throughout a boss encounter (I’d need more data on average boss clears for further calculation and I am just trying to demonstrate my point) it would amount to said 32% damage increase, or potentially upping the bonus of condition damage higher if power scaling is not adjusted.
4) (EDIT because I forgot to add): vulnerability needs to affect condition damage output as well

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

(edited by Silferas.3841)

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

Fully stacked a rampager hybrid should do a bit more dmg then berserkers. Because.

1. he needs time to stack up bleedings so he has a “low dmg” phase which is reducing the whole dmg done over the fight
2. The condition cap, we can´t calculate with Burning+25Bleedings

At the end it should be nearly equal to a berserkers dps output at average killing time (20seconds for example).
A bite more if the fight is longer, a bit less if it´s shorter.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Gokil.2543

Fully stacked a rampager hybrid should do a bit more dmg then berserkers. Because.

1. he needs time to stack up bleedings so he has a “low dmg” phase which is reducing the whole dmg done over the fight

At the end it should be nearly equal to a berserkers dps output at average killing time (20seconds for example).

Just one problem with this logic: Power, precision and critical damage increase damage dealt multiplicatively. As in each becomes more effective as the other two increase.

If you want rampager’s to perform equal to berserker’s, assuming rampager’s becomes power main stat for ease of calculation, that would imply that dire prefix becomes completely out of proportion with soldier’s. Does that make sense?

All defensive condi prefixes would do disproportionate damage to their defensive power counterparts, since condition damage scales linearly, and you will have calibrated that scaling with the peak of a multiplicative scaling graph, being the effective power graph.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

Just one problem with this logic: Power, precision and critical damage increase damage dealt multiplicatively. As in each becomes more effective as the other two increase.

If you want rampager’s to perform equal to berserker’s, assuming rampager’s becomes power main stat for ease of calculation, that would imply that dire prefix becomes completely out of proportion with soldier’s. Does that make sense?

All defensive condi prefixes would do disproportionate damage to their defensive power counterparts, since condition damage scales linearly, and you will have calibrated that scaling with the peak of a multiplicative scaling graph, being the effective power graph.

Whats your point? Defensive condi prefixes already do more damage compared to their defensive power counterparts. Which is why condi mainstat on rampager would probably be too strong but power mainstat would be balanced.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

Conditiondmg could be the mainstat. Some traits could be changed in PvE to increase conditiondmg a little bit or convert some power/prec to conditiondmg.

These changes could be made for PvE only to make some specific weapons more viable for example.

And Power/Prec is still scaling with each other. More Power>more dmg, more prec>more (stronger) critical hits (and probably more conditions engi/nec/warr).

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Silferas.3841

@Gokil: PVT is already far inferior to Dire in terms of damage output, it is only preferred because of how Zergs work in WvW, and for world bosses, where conditions do you no good because of the condi cap and massive cleanses in zergs

EDIT: and almost forgot, condition damage scales (for most builds) with precision as well, increasing your chances of stacking 1 or 2 more bleeds (depending on gear) with each hit. It’s not 3 stats scaling with each other like in berserker’s, but that’s exactly why condition damage output needs to be higher

(edited by Silferas.3841)

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Gokil.2543

Whats your point? Defensive condi prefixes already do more damage compared to their defensive power counterparts. Which is why condi mainstat on rampager would probably be too strong but power mainstat would be balanced.

My point is that if you went through with the logic of syncing rampager’s damage with berserker’s damage, that difference on these defensive sets would become much much larger. Even with power as a mainstat on rampager’s.

Even more so if you take various damage multipliers into account, since condition damage doesnt scale with them. So if you want to make an equally strong dps setup with rampager’s and berserker’s, and want to boost conditions to where they can compete with the damage loss from losing the crit damage, you would get a serious balance issue on more defensive setups.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

Why would power be an increase compared to prec? (ok critchance overcapping with stacksigil, but we can use condidmg stacks).

Where is the power>prec point? As a necromancer i can get 5sec bleedings on a 66% chance per crit. Dagger is attacking fast looks strong to me if critchance is high.

U say condidmg>power>prec ok.
65% critical chance asc rampager as a necromancer (250 prec traits). 8% warriors banner and fury>93% critical chance. Is this too much?
Stacking conditiondmg now?
Well if the prec gets reduced down to 52/3% (like zerkers) what will we stack? Precision? If yes why?

This balance problem with defensive setups can be solved like i wrote above. PvE only traits which are converting power/prec to conditiondmg or so (they shouldn´t be traits of their on)
For example.

Hemophillia: Bleeding duration increase 20% + convert 3% of your power and 2% of your precision to condition dmg.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Gokil.2543

Why would power be an increase compared to prec? (ok critchance overcapping with stacksigil, but we can use condidmg stacks).

Where is the power>prec point? As a necromancer i can get 5sec bleedings on a 66% chance per crit. Dagger is attacking fast looks strong to me if critchance is high.

U say condidmg>power>prec ok.
65% critical chance asc rampager as a necromancer (250 prec traits). 8% warriors banner and fury>93% critical chance. Is this too much?
Stacking conditiondmg now?
Well if the prec gets reduced down to 52/3% (like zerkers) what will we stack? Precision? If yes why?

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking, but maybe this is an answer:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1li5q3/breakeven_points_of_power_vs_precision_mathtable/

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

Yes breakeven points, sry missed the word. Thank u.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Gokil.2543

@Gokil: PVT is already far inferior to Dire in terms of damage output, it is only preferred because of how Zergs work in WvW, and for world bosses, where conditions do you no good because of the condi cap and massive cleanses in zergs

EDIT: and almost forgot, condition damage scales (for most builds) with precision as well, increasing your chances of stacking 1 or 2 more bleeds (depending on gear) with each hit. It’s not 3 stats scaling with each other like in berserker’s, but that’s exactly why condition damage output needs to be higher

Indeed it is, and that disparity will grow even larger when you sync rampager’s dps with zerker’s dps.

Good point on the bleed on crit. Although I would argue that these traits are not where the bulk of the damage is coming from. Far from it even.

EDIT:

It’s not 3 stats scaling with each other like in berserker’s, but that’s exactly why condition damage output needs to be higher

That’s exactly the problem. If you put condition damage on equal footing with a triple scaling like berserker’s, it’s going to be disproportionately strong in defensive setups, since unlike the trinity of effective power stats, it won’t reduce exponentially, but rather linearly.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

(edited by Gokil.2543)

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

Indeed it is, and that disparity will grow even larger when you sync rampager’s dps with zerker’s dps.

Good point on the bleed on crit. Although I would argue that these traits are not where the bulk of the damage is coming from. Far from it even.

Im struggling to understand your train of thought. Rampager is currently much weaker than beserker so buffing it to be on par with beserker would make rampager too strong? What?

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Gokil.2543

Im struggling to understand your train of thought. Rampager is currently much weaker than beserker so buffing it to be on par with beserker would make rampager too strong? What?

Sorry for being unclear.

T/;DR: Buffing rampager’s to be on par with berserker, would mean buffing condition damage significantly across the board, which would make every condition set outside of rampager’s too strong.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Silferas.3841

Ok, let’s look at it from this point of view:

Zerk: Power/Prec/Critical damage – multiplicative scaling with 3 stats
Ram: Power/Prec/Condition damage – 2x multiplicative scaling with 2 stats (provided proper build)

Zerk: I hit tougher, with higher chance to crit, with more damage each crit
Ram: I hit tougher, with higher chance to crit, with conditions stacking faster when i crit, with conditions hitting harder

Now the difference is clear, but the fix would be apparent (yet demanding). Make power affect condition damage. This would either be achieved by further multiplying stacks of conditions applied according to power (let’s say 900 power = 1 extra stack static for the purpose of demonstration), or with power decreasing the period of ticks (2000 power = bleeds tick every half a second instead of every second)

Result: dire is not affected, rampager is boosted

Q.E.D.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Gokil.2543

Ram: Power/Prec/Condition damage – 2x multiplicative scaling with 2 stats (provided proper build)

Ram: I hit tougher, with higher chance to crit, with conditions stacking faster when i crit, with conditions hitting harder

Now the difference is clear, but the fix would be apparent (yet demanding). Make power affect condition damage. This would either be achieved by further multiplying stacks of conditions applied according to power (let’s say 900 power = 1 extra stack static for the purpose of demonstration), or with power decreasing the period of ticks (2000 power = bleeds tick every half a second instead of every second)

Q.E.D.

Or turn rampager’s into a condition damage/condition duration/power set.

That would be a doable thing to balance with berserker’s without changing mechanics too drastically

EDIT: or condition damage/condition duration/precision for on crit procs.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

You dont have to effect condition damage in anyway. You just adjust the stat numbers on rampager gear to be on par with beserker. Making condi or power mainstat actually does this. And its a really simple fix. It might not be quite enough though.

Or Silferas’s idea works too, except that has the problem of beserker builds getting more condi dmg aswell.

(edited by spoj.9672)

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Silferas.3841

Q.E.D.

That would be a doable thing to balance with berserker’s without changing mechanics too drastically

That would solve the multiplicative issue, but not the issue of people not running rampagers. The deciding factor in PvE is the TTK, and unless that is increased on rampagers it will remain a second class citizen.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Silferas.3841

Ok, how about this ( thanks for pointing out the berserker part spoj ):

base condition damage is reduced to negligible amounts
condition damage scaling is upped to make up for the difference
power scaling on condi weapons is upped to make up for the base damage loss
power affects conditions by reducing the in-between tick time

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Gokil.2543

You dont have to effect condition damage in anyway. You just adjust the stat numbers on rampager gear to be on par with beserker. Or Silferas’s idea works too, except that has the problem of beserker builds getting more condi dmg aswell.

Every set has the same amount of stats (barring celestial). I’m not entirely against the idea, but I don’t see it happening

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

You dont have to effect condition damage in anyway. You just adjust the stat numbers on rampager gear to be on par with beserker. Or Silferas’s idea works too, except that has the problem of beserker builds getting more condi dmg aswell.

Every set has the same amount of stats (barring celestial). I’m not entirely against the idea, but I don’t see it happening

I edited my post. Re-read it. You dont need to alter the total stat points. You just need to swap precision for power/condi/crit dmg.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Gokil.2543

Q.E.D.

That would solve the multiplicative issue, but not the issue of people not running rampagers. The deciding factor in PvE is the TTK, and unless that is increased on rampagers it will remain a second class citizen.

What is TTK?

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Silferas.3841

@Gokil: TTK = time to kill, basically how long it takes to get enemy from 100% hp to 0%

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Gokil.2543

@spoj

That doesn’t change the issue :-/ You still remove one of three multiplicative scaling factors and replace it with a linear scaling. You can’t expect the linear scaling to make up for the loss of a multiplicative stat at the peak of its performance (being when accompanied with the other two)

I may be overcomplicating things a bit. Making power or condi dmg main stat would be nice, and I would love it. My main concern is people who think that a full set of rampager’s should be able to do as much dmg as a full set of zerks. That can’t happen unless major overhauls happen in the system itself

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Silferas.3841

@spoj: converting rampager into power/crit.dmg/condition seems like a good idea, but doesn’t address the problem of conditions being largely ineffective against dungeon bosses, and again falls short if considering the multiplicative nature of berserker’s stats (seeing as condition damage scales with neither power nor critical damage).

EDIT: Gokil beat me to the answer

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

This balance problem with defensive setups can be solved like i wrote above. PvE only traits which are converting power/prec to conditiondmg or so (they shouldn´t be traits of their on)
For example.

Hemophillia: Bleeding duration increase 20% + convert 3% of your power and 2% of your precision to condition dmg.

No Berserkerbuild is picking up this trait for example, and it would effect PvE and rampagergear only. Carrion/rabid will get only a bit more conditiondmg, dire nothing.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

Linear scaling isnt as bad as you make it out to be. It means the condition part of your dps is always effective. Having an offensive stat which is independant of other offensive stats has its advantages. And yes it doesnt solve the core issue of conditions being subpar in pve. Thats something that the devs said they will work on (increase armour and make mobs weaker to conditions).

However I dont think you guys realise but rampager isnt as far off from keeping up with beserker as you seem to think. A shift in the stat allocation for the gear could make 1 rampager spec’d necro or engi very popular, particularly in fractals. Also it would be very favourable for structure bosses like the nightmare tree in TA.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

Most (probably all) structered bosses have “multihit” spots. Cleavedmg will hit them twice or more. If they don´t fix this, a rampageruser will not make a huge diffrent there.

I found those spots for the djungleworm, Mark 2 Golem, shatterer, jormags claw, tequatl and both TA bosses.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

True but if you have power mainstat then you can still benefit from max direct damage with cleave hitting both hitboxes and also get bonus condi dmg. Thinking of engi, warrior sword and necro scepter 2. Very niche situation though i admit.

[PvX] Fix Rampager Gear

in Profession Balance

Norjena.5172

Yes, but there are not many structed bosses anyway. Well i don´t know a multihitspot for the ugliest one…the iceelemental in snowblind fractal.

We will see if something happens. I personally would like to see the conditiondmg increased, because that´s why i play rampagerhybrids for. If i want to see big Nade/Dagger numbers, i can switch to my Zerkersgear.