[PvX] Overhaul for Healing and Healing Power

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

In PvE healing power is almost always unviable because you can survive with your class heal and nobody would ever take a healer in a dungeon when they could take another damage dealer.

In PvP bunkers are almost too strong and can often not be taken down in a 1vs1, or the process in killing them takes too long and the enemy team will arrive for help before you can cap the point. Trying to heal NPCs like the Foefire Lord or healing allies on the new TDM map is a pain too.

I looked for a way to nerf the Healing of tanky builds while not touching squishy builds and even increasing the healing output for “Dedicated Healers”.
Maybe it is kind of a radical change but after calculating many things i came to the conclusion that, imo, it would be better than the current system.

Currently healing is calculated by taking the base heal of a skill plus a multiplier-number multiplied by your healing power. for further demonstration:

Shelter (Guardian healing skill): 4’555 + (0,7 * Healing Power)

With my system i would reduce the base heal of every skill in the game by 1,5 and activate critical chance and ferocity for healing. As i said this may sound a bit radical but please continue reading as i will show you some of my calculations.

Lets start with the Guardian healing skill Shelter. With my system the healing calculation would look like this: ((4’555/1,5) + (0,7 * Healing Power)) +% Ferocity if it crits.

Some comparison between the current and my system using different stat combinations. The numbers used in these calculations might differ a bit from what you can have ingame due to the different classes, traits and stat locations on the trait system. I added a non existing new set called “Saint’s” with the mainstat Healing Power + Precision and Ferocity. The following numbers were used for the different stats:

Critical Chance: 0%, 25% and 50%
Ferocity: 150%, 175% and 200%
Healing Power: 0, 750 and 1500

Knight/Rabid Gear – 50% Crit Chance, 0 Healing Power, 150% Ferocity
(current) Shelter healing for 4’555
(new) Shelter healing for an average of 3795
calculated with a 50% chance to crit (crit + non crit / 2)

Berserk Gear – 50% Crit Chance, 0 Healing Power, 200% Ferocity
(new) Shelter healing for an average of kitten -> nothing changes in theory

Soldier/Dire Gear – 0% Crit Chance, 0 Healing Power, 150% Ferocity
(new) Shelter healing for 3036

Cleric/Apothecary Gear – 0% Crit Chance, 1500 Healing Power, 150% Ferocity
(current) Shelter healing for 5605
(new) Shelter healing for 4086

Magi Gear – 50% Crit Chance, 1500 Healing Power, 150% Ferocity
(current) Shelter healing for 5605
(new) Shelter healing for an average 5107

Celestial Gear – 25% Crit Chance, 750 Healing Power, 175% Ferocity
(current) Shelter healing for 5080
(new) Shelter healing for an average of 4206

Saint Gear – 50% Crit Chance, 1500 Healing Power, 200% Ferocity
(“current”) Shelter healing for 5605
(new) Shelter healing for an average of 6129

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Profession Balance

Jekkt.6045

With this change Fury would affect the Healing output and Regeneration would get a small tweak too.

Regeneration and how it is currently calculated: 5 + (1,5625 * level) + (0,125 * Healing Power) = Hp/tick

The new calculation: 5+ (1,5625*/1,5* * level) + (0,125 * Healing Power) = Hp/tick

Again some quick demonstration of the Healing output:

Berserk Gear – 50% Crit Chance, 0 Healing Power, 200% Ferocity
(current) Regen ticking for 130/s
(new) Regen ticking for an average of 132/s

Soldier/Dire Gear – 0% Crit Chance, 0 Healing Power, 150% Ferocity
(current) Regen ticking for 130/s
(new) Regen ticking for 88/s

Cleric/Apothecary Gear – 0% Crit Chance, 1500 Healing Power, 150% Ferocity
(current) Regen ticking for 317/s
(new) Regen ticking for 275/s

Saint Gear – 50% Crit Chance, 1500 Healing Power, 200% Ferocity
(“current”) Regen ticking for 317/s
(new) Regen ticking for an average of 343/s

Lets move on to a rather difficult skill, the infamous Healing Signet.

The Healing per tick is currently calculated this way: 362 + (0,05 * Healing Power)
With my system this would change to: 362/1,5 + (0,05 * Healing Power)

Again the calculations:

Soldier Gear: 362/s now, 241/s after

Berserker Gear: 362/s now, average of 362/s after

Knights Gear: 301/s after

Saints Gear: 475/s after

The last skill i would like to talk about is Ele’s Staff Water #4 – Geyser

This Skill heals for 3x 808 + (0,25 * Healing Power)
With my system this changes to 3x 539 + (0,25 * Healing Power)

Comparison:

Cleric Gear: 3549 now, 2742 after

Berserker Gear: 2424 now, average of 2424 after

Celestial Gear: 2986 now, average of 2588 after

Saints Gear: 3549 “now”, 4113 after

Alright this was quite a long post with a lot of information but i hope i was able to show you how my system works.

Thank you for reading my post and feel free to leave constructive feedback

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The point of going berzerker is that you sacrifice defense for offense but with this system you negate it. Also what about conditions? Do they deserve less healing then a zerker just because their damage requires extra defense(you have to survive the duration before your attacks count for full)?

So no this is not a good idea.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Jekkt.6045

we just had a nerf to berserker and i dont think we need another. and yes condi bunkers deserve less healing because they already have good healing or other ways to mitigate damage. go and try to fight for example a condi engi and see how well you do. this is the reason why the bunker meta came up, to survie the conditions. tone bunkers and condition healing, im not saying damage, down and all 3 will be equal.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

The idea is nice, but the fact that cleric heals less than berserker is very poor.
I think the idea need adjusts, but overall, its pretty good

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I feel healing power is fine where its at. In fact, I’d say most of your reasoning why it needs to be overhauled aren’t true at all.

A example of this is when you said “In PvE healing power is almost always unviable because you can survive with your class heal and nobody would ever take a healer in a dungeon when they could take another damage dealer”.

There are a few problems to this statement. The first being that pve isn’t the best place to measure defensive performance. For a number of reasons: Mob AI is unintelligent, so most can be defeated by stacking in a corner. Because of this players can focus on dpsing without having to rely on supportive builds. Why should they went enemies die so fast and are so stupid.

PvP gives a better perspective of the zerker vs healing argument. A zerker can’t bunk nearly as well as a build with a defensive amulet like cleric or solider. Likewise a zerker can’t just survive on their #6 heal alone. The idea that healing power needs a boost isn’t what you are asking for, what you are asking for is to change AI were it takes more than stacking, pulling into corner/los and dps to beat them.

If that changes then more supportive builds will be used. But I’m not sure if that will ever happen.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Profession Balance

Jekkt.6045

The idea is nice, but the fact that cleric heals less than berserker is very poor.
I think the idea need adjusts, but overall, its pretty good

if you think about it: when healing output is determined by 3 different stats and cleric has 1 of them and berserker 2 its only natural that it should heal more.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I think HP is fine as it is. I don’t really see why a lot of people feel they need to reinvent the game.

It’s almost guaranteed these threads won’t be taken seriously or the ideas used.
They’re clunky and far-fetched.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

But if we keep the idea like it currently is, berserker, which designed to be the best damage output stuff and as a consequence the worst tanky stuff, would become a more tanky stuff than cleric which is the healer stuff ?

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I don’t think the system in which you raise healing power should change at all, especially if it involves RNG (weak heal, or I can crit and get a high heal.. hmmm).

The point is you either spec for healing power in various amounts, or you don’t. When you do, you are sacrificing another stat (healing power doesn’t have it’s own column) and that alone should be an incentive to rework the scaling of healing power on various classes.

They need to re evaluate each healing skill, trait, or rune/sigil and figure if it deserves a buff to the healing power ratio. The base heals are fairly solid imo with only a handful needing any attention because if you’re given a huge heal with no reason to invest into healing power (cough healing signet) it leads to unbalanced build choice and passive play. If you want to heal, you should get some degree of healing power to make use of it end of story.

-[Side note] Ranger has a GM trait that AoE heals for roughly 1600 with a minimum cd of 20 seconds or thief gets an adept trait that heals for roughly 2k on a 35 second cooldown along with damage. Not saying that mug is a culprit, if you’re in a healing power trait line and your Grandmaster trait is as weak as a 1.6k heal something is wrong. AoE or not that’s a sad heal especially when not many pets have skills that fire off reliably or have a ~20 second cooldown. Things like that need looking into not just at face value but where they can be applied in each setting and what is used to get there.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Velektrian.5491

Velektrian.5491

My idea for scaling Healing Power to abilities would be as simple as 0.1/second.

Healing signet: Passive (base+(0.1*HP) per second
Healing Signet: Heal (base+(2.0*HP) 20 Second Cooldown (same HPS, add another effect to make people want to use the heal.

If everything scaled with healing power, at least 0.1 per second it would be worth slotting HP. All you have to do is look at HP/CD (Base not traited, you should not have to trait something to bring it to par) and adjust it from there.

80 Mesmer, Engineer, Elementalist, Guardian, Ranger.
Coming soon: Warrior.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This idea sounds really bad in that berserker gear is already way strong. Why buff it further by actually giving it defensive stats? :S

And Healing Power is already really weak. Due to the extra reliance on Ferocity, it’d get even weaker as a stat, which is relevant in regards to trait lines especially.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.