[PvX] The Condition Weakness

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

‘Weakness is a condition that decreases the rate of endurance regeneration and turns half of all hits into glancing blows (that deal 50% less damage).’

Why does Guild Wars 2 have it?

-

In PvE it absolutely serves no use, enemies will hit hard regardless and dodging is just flat out safer.

In PvP, it can turn bunkers into super bunkers. In combination with Sigil of Doom, a consistent flow of poison, making it very difficult to recover and weakness application making it difficult to deal damage (unless you are condition spamming).

It’s just very gimmicky, rewarding spamming like other conditions rather than careful use.

-

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not much of an issue right now but it’s one of those mechanics that feels dated and gimmicky.

Would you guys miss Weakness if it were to go away? If Weakness goes, so does Superior Sigil of Energy by the way.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

(…)In PvP, it can turn bunkers into super bunkers.(…)

(…)Would you guys miss Weakness if it were to go away? If Weakness goes, so does Superior Sigil of Energy by the way.

Wut?

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Yes I would miss weakness if it went away, necros would have even weaker defense then they have now, and many many traits and skills would have to be changed. In fact, many of the skills/traits that apply weakness could do with a buff.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Nova Stiker.8396

Yes I would miss weakness if it went away, necros would have even weaker defense then they have now, and many many traits and skills would have to be changed. In fact, many of the skills/traits that apply weakness could do with a buff.

Necromancer defense is all sorts of wrong to begin with. You will never have a use for healing power just because Death Shroud.

Plus relying on a condition for defense is a terrible mechanic to begin with considering all the condition cleansing.
If Weakness were to go, Necromancers would NEED a defensive buff.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I reckon someone died after their enemies dodged a few times and they couldn’t because they had weakness. My guess at least.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I think in a game where dodging is so important having a condition that limits dodging is not bad thing, since it punish bad dodging harder.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Weakness is quite useful in pve. Fractals benefit a lot from it actually. You can’t dodge every tharsh mob auto can you? Although it kinda fell out of favor, using a hammer guardian and some skale venoms is a great way to make fractals a whole lot easier.

For pvp weakness is a powerful condition. That’s why it’s so scarce compared to poison, bleed etc. It hurts both the offense and the defense of the enemy. It’s also a great cover condi to ensure the strong damaging burns and bleeds stick after a cleanse.

Relying on a condition for defense. Ever heard of blind? Amazing defense! Way better than weakness, at least in the short run.

(edited by robertul.3679)

in Profession Balance

Nova Stiker.8396

I think in a game where dodging is so important having a condition that limits dodging is not bad thing, since it punish bad dodging harder.

It’s a shame it’s on Weakness rather than something like Cripple, then again, Cripple is more spammable…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

It’s a shame it’s on Weakness rather than something like Cripple, then again, Cripple is more spammable…

That ^ did always kind of bug me.

Like if I’m crippled why can I dodge ? & since I can dodge while crippled why does it not cause further damage.

I broke my collar bone once & didn’t realize it. 2 days later when I went to the doctor he told me simply moving around was causing the bone to cut into the tissue around it.

So it makes sense that cripple would prevent dodging, or at the very least cause the crippled person to receive damage from dodging.