Rapid fire is fine its point blank shot

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Thats the only reason rangers are connecting with ~10k in 2 seconds. Nerf that and things will go back to normal.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

It doesn’t need a nerf, just a tell so you know it’s being fired so you know to dodge it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

oh so you can then just cast rapid fire knowing we are down a dodge =\ and get it anyway

in Profession Balance

Ehecatl.9172

oh so you can then just cast rapid fire knowing we are down a dodge =\ and get it anyway

Fine. Lets leave it as is so you can get knocked back by something you can barely see coming every time you try to close the gap.

Freaking Hell. Try to be constructive and discuss a quality of life change that’d make the longbow more engaging to fight against and easier to predict and it’s just not enough for some people.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I agree… lets change it to a 4 second immobilize and the Ranger leaps back 900 yards instead!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

It definetly needs an animation tell and a slightly longer cast time like the new Engineers Flamethower’s Air Blast for instance. Otherwise, Rangers may have a little too much pressure from such a range, but aside from Point Blank shot, they are somewhat counterable as a whole.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Don’t blame PBS for not having a stunbreak…

Shall I, as a ranger, go complainabout how OP hammer warriors are with their CC (because I don’t use stability)?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I want to know why an arrow pushes my character – its just an arrow

Yes you can stun break out of it but the Ranger has created distance which is quite important as a LB Ranger

I think the animation is fine simply because there are a bunch of lowly telegraphed CC skills in the game – I would simply like the cooldown increased so that every other swap to the LB does not include PBS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I agree… lets change it to a 4 second immobilize and the Ranger leaps back 900 yards instead!

actually, it would be nice if it granted the ranger evasion (similar to blur/distortion on mesmer) and gave the PET knockdown effect on its next attack.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Problem is, if rapid fire is damaging you a lot, then the ranger should be easy to damage. I’ll have you know insert picture, lb zerker is not easy to play against a good opponent, granted that the lb zerker is a good player too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Fine. Lets leave it as is so you can get knocked back by something you can barely see coming every time you try to close the gap.

Freaking Hell. Try to be constructive and discuss a quality of life change that’d make the longbow more engaging to fight against and easier to predict and it’s just not enough for some people.

I feel your pain. For the record, I agree. It’s only a tell that we are missing.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

it realy only need a different Animation, I’d say a Black Arrow Slightly like a glowly mist does a whirl like Effect for the 0.50 cast before firing , and its what is it the Trail it leaves behind after shooting PBS is also black , compaired to the autos the Trails behind the arrows are Whitish.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: huggybear.4960

huggybear.4960

I think a range decrease would be called for. I know its a longbow and everything but 1200 range when traited doesn’t seem to be “point blank” to me

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I love how all these skills that haven’t changed at all suddenly need a nerf

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Profession Balance

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

All it needs is a slightly increased cast time and a tell like pin down got.

Ranger//Necro

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I love how all these skills that haven’t changed at all suddenly need a nerf

Just a bunch of bad players who need a new flavor of the month to blame for why they lost…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

“The damage and push count as separate strikes; single-attack block skills such as Counterblow will prevent the damage, but not the push. "
Only fix it need is to count as one attack.

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

“The damage and push count as separate strikes; single-attack block skills such as Counterblow will prevent the damage, but not the push. "
Only fix it need is to count as one attack.

pretty sure the wiki is wrong on that one. I’ve seen the push blocked by aegis plenty of times

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

Please help me kill the bandwagon, it won’t be hard.

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

no lets give it the necro treatment like they have done to all our skills it needs a cast time increase to something humanly possible to see like a 1 second cast time with a nice big animation so we can interrupt it and keep our 2 dodges, then after that it requires a cool down increase so its not always up when you need it. that will just about do it.

in Profession Balance

Ehecatl.9172

no lets give it the necro treatment like they have done to all our skills it needs a cast time increase to something humanly possible to see like a 1 second cast time with a nice big animation so we can interrupt it and keep our 2 dodges, then after that it requires a cool down increase so its not always up when you need it. that will just about do it.

So you want the longbow’s only interrupt and gap maker to have a one second cast time?

You basically just want to remove the weapon entirely, don’t you?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

It needs an increased cast time and animation, which it will get or we’ll complain till it does.

:)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

So you want the longbow’s only interrupt and gap maker to have a one second cast time?

You basically just want to remove the weapon entirely, don’t you?

He was being sarcastic… a smidge of bitterness on the Necro forums.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rainbowbird.5871

Rainbowbird.5871

It needs an increased cast time and animation, which it will get or we’ll complain till it does.

:)

Wow, that’s a very constructive and adult response…

I think only a different animation, like someone said, a black arrow and a black trail or something like that will be fine, it doesn’t also need a cast time reduction imo.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I think a 3.25s cast time like churning earth would be a good spot to start. Maybe increase to same channel time as tranquility on temple of silent storm if it’s still too OP.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

I think a 3.25s cast time like churning earth would be a good spot to start. Maybe increase to same channel time as tranquility on temple of silent storm if it’s still too OP.

3.25 sec ?
Arharharharharharhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah
you made me laugh hard XD i’m dying…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

I gt the idea!
Remove the cooldown from PBS and all rangers will be soooo busy point blank shotting you to their base that they won’t even have time to use rapid fire!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

I gt the idea!
Remove the cooldown from PBS and all rangers will be soooo busy point blank shotting you to their base that they won’t even have time to use rapid fire!

or maybe it would be better to delete PBS and instead add it inside rapide fire! So we get a 10x arrows with knock back (each) + vuln ! gg

in Profession Balance

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

actually, it would be nice if it granted the ranger evasion (similar to blur/distortion on mesmer) and gave the PET knockdown effect on its next attack.

cool, so rangers can kill the pet and gain invul.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Just as a Ranger can start a fight with pbs most classes can start the engagement with a blocks and or stability. If the knock back is the problem it would make sense to use stability. Gw2 isn’t only about being reactive its about being pro-active.

I’m curious when a warrior is traited to relect projectile on block is there a special animation or icon to let people know its going to reflect.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Androlan.9487

Androlan.9487

Well maybe we should get rid of warriors 1000 blades, guardians hammer knockback, mesmers multiple ghosts and fears oh and I don’t like engi’s turrets. Everyone loved the ranger when they were weak but now that they have a bit more power everyone wants to hate them. A good player can counter a ranger’s PBS or rapid fire. In my very humble opinion I think GW2 is one of the most balanced MMO’s on the market. It’s the players, not the class that make the difference. If you are getting wasted by rangers then look in the mirror, that’s the person you need to blame. I play a ranger and a guardian in spvp and have equal success with both. At the end of each match I am the first to say good game to all even if I got my face pummeled the entire time. I don’t cry in map chat about OP rangers. If you hate PBS, rapid fire and the like, you can PVE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Well maybe we should get rid of warriors 1000 blades, guardians hammer knockback, mesmers multiple ghosts and fears oh and I don’t like engi’s turrets. Everyone loved the ranger when they were weak but now that they have a bit more power everyone wants to hate them. A good player can counter a ranger’s PBS or rapid fire. In my very humble opinion I think GW2 is one of the most balanced MMO’s on the market. It’s the players, not the class that make the difference. If you are getting wasted by rangers then look in the mirror, that’s the person you need to blame. I play a ranger and a guardian in spvp and have equal success with both. At the end of each match I am the first to say good game to all even if I got my face pummeled the entire time. I don’t cry in map chat about OP rangers. If you hate PBS, rapid fire and the like, you can PVE

Pretty much spot on.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Another stupid anti ranger thread.

PBS → QZ – > Rapid Fire = not one person complained about this before patch.

The increase in RF cast time did not suddenly make this combo OP.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

It’s the same scenario as pin down, and as a general core of the game we should be sure the game follows some key rules, and animation is one of them when it comes to powerful fast proc skills. (with some exceptions)

Ranger hasn’t been looked at in terms of balance for a long time since the consensus was it was just “underpowered” Which is fine, they get their nice buff and are now somewhat viable =D

“Welcome to the big boys, We hoped to see you here some day! That whole Spirit ranger fiasco? Water under the bridge!”

“Now that you are here We’ll unfortunately need you to pee in a cup for us and have your build under a microsope for proper balance.”

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

Another stupid anti ranger thread.

PBS -> QZ – > Rapid Fire = not one person complained about this before patch.

The increase in RF cast time did not suddenly make this combo OP.

it is true nobody complained pre patch. the problem is the increased frequency of it thanks to the increased speed of it and the damage buffs you got. if it was purely just the longbow it would be fine.

in Profession Balance

Ehecatl.9172

Rapid Fire didn’t get a damage buff. The cast time is shorter so the damage can be delivered faster. If you mean the auto attack boosts, that was only Anet reducing the penalty of using longbow in closer ranges. It didn’t increase the longbow’s damage by any meaningful amount.

in Profession Balance

unlucky.9285

you got other damage buff, the bow wasn’t the only thing changed.

a shorter cast time alone is a damage buff a pre patch ranger could not dish out the same damage a post patch ranger could in the same amount of time hence a damage buff or dps buff

in Profession Balance

Ehecatl.9172

You mean the 10% damage boost to Power Stab? That’s the only other straight damage boost rangers got, and… It’s not really a game changer.

Rangers got a lot of good buffs this patch, but a fair amount of them don’t even relate to the longbow build. BM builds also got a huge buff through the might on axe ricochet, but no one is talking about that.