[SKILL BAR] It is a chance for gurdians

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maxhzalot.2301

Maxhzalot.2301

I have been playing this game for 2 years and find that Anet will only give 3 to 4 patches of real balance change for all classes. Thereby ,each chance is considered as a treasure ~~~
So for this time, i hope Anet can bring something really meaningful for guardians. As guardians are not got real buffs in these 2 years , Anet thinks that guardians are standing on a perfect spot. I dont think this is true.
OUT PLAYED BY CHILDREN won about 4 MP weekly champions in a row with no guardians. Ak’s team won the final game in TOL2 NA Q1 with 3 wars 1 thief and 1 engi. It is proved that guardians are no longer a " must be here" team member. The problem is that guardians as a bunker/supporters lack of enough dps compare to other bunkers/supporters .
Rangers on their peak time of using sprit build can do good condi removes with decent damages out put
Nowadays, engis can bunk the point with enough damage out put by turrets
ELE can be tanky and supporter with more damage out put than guardians
Thereby i think guardians really need some buffs for dps out put.
My suggestions is that first of all, like i said many times to give more dps functions in current traits and spells.
Or improve medi gurdians give them more tanky ability or mobility to be viable in the match.
For the second suggestion, I think if Anet want to seperate guardians into two roles, then bunkers can be build without mobility while dps gurdians can do this. This will make the match and game become more interesting than it is currently.
I can tell that if Anet insist on the old idea of guardians ( just a bunker without enough dps abilities and mobilities) then this class will finally have the same situation as ELES before the April patch.

(edited by Maxhzalot.2301)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

not being mandatory in a game with more professions than team slots is a good thing.

guardians are in a pretty good spot, really. i think ANet uses them as the measuring stick for other classes lol.

EDIT: also don’t put “SKILL BAR” on the thread title if it’s not about the skill bar segment.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

So Guardians have been 100% required in PvP/WvW and very viable in PvE and only recently have they sometimes not been used (although not because they were weak but simply because you could make another team comp that didn’t need them) and that is your basis for Guardians needing changes?

I’d far more go after the lack of build diversity (even though they are better off than most in that respect) or other issues, not the fact that “QQ I’m not a 100% pick in every group in every game mode”. No offense, but that just doesn’t make sense, there are professions that are objectively worthless in some content, which has never once been the case with guardians.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phoenixXx.9105

phoenixXx.9105

To be honest guardians doesn’t really need damage buff. Maybe they should get some better spirit weapon AI or better traits to make a few more viable builds.

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

To be honest guardians doesn’t really need damage buff. Maybe they should get some better spirit weapon AI or better traits to make a few more viable builds.

meditation guards are pretty strong DPS, spirit weapons is a fine line to tread, i’d prefer them to be on the “you ckittene them for fun, but it’s not a super viable spec” end of the spectrum than become meta. i mean, on the right spec they hit like trucks.

then you have shouts, which can be done in a damage/support hybrid or full-on bunker support.

consecrations don’t have many good traits for them, signets suck, and torch is pretty crappy. that’s all i can think about guard that could be improved.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I really want condi guardians to become a thing. Guardians can make alot of condi build but all are underwhelming.

… I still want tengu.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Mesmers and Necros facepalming themselves as they read this OP.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Guardians Are In A Good Place.

More seriously, guardians do have problems with a lot of their traits being tied to spirit weapons (and therefore of dubious value), and the Master tier Zeal traits aren’t really all that hot. Hopefully we’ll see changes to them, but Guardians don’t really need that much, as they’re already quite solid.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

I really want condi guardians to become a thing. Guardians can make alot of condi build but all are underwhelming.

well if you go for a burning spec, you don’t even need long ticks, you just need constant application (which is REALLY easy for a guard), since your burns can tick to upwards of 1k. a power/condi guardian is probably a pain to handle, but i haven’t tried building around it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

well if you go for a burning spec, you don’t even need long ticks, you just need constant application (which is REALLY easy for a guard), since your burns can tick to upwards of 1k. a power/condi guardian is probably a pain to handle, but i haven’t tried building around it.

It hurts but they are basically all-in to make those kinds of builds. I’ve made a few and fought against a lot more. Yes their burn application hurts A LOT but they are incredibly squishy. Many other professions can make rather tanky builds with a wide variety of conditions and still down people, which I think is what people want on guardian to some degree.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

It hurts but they are basically all-in to make those kinds of builds. I’ve made a few and fought against a lot more. Yes their burn application hurts A LOT but they are incredibly squishy. Many other professions can make rather tanky builds with a wide variety of conditions and still down people, which I think is what people want on guardian to some degree.

the game has enough conditanks. if anything, conditank is what needs to be brought down.

conditions right now allow people to spec into high damage without the sacrifice of a power spec. it’s not condi guardian that needs a buff, it’s others that need to lose that tanky part a bit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I wonder how many times they can say “In a good place” in 5-10 minute video?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.