Second sigil -> 2-handed weapon nerf

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

As that is what happened when engineers’ kits were modified to inherit sigils from weapons. All of them had their damage nerfed, some even up to 30%.

Thus, for consistency, they’ll have to apply the same treatment to 2-handed weapon as well, to rebalance them in account for a second sigil.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

They currently act as if they had a Sigil of Force (meaning they have 5% more weapon damage). That means it’ll likely be lowered by 5% and you can now choose to go for a Sigil of Force to get thing the way they were before, or you can pick a different sigil.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

They are also changing the current Sigil, and how the Sigil cooldown will work. Unfortunately we have no clue how they are rebalancing the sigils. Due to that fact I for sure am unable to comment what will happen until I get more information.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Profession Balance

Manuhell.2759

Still, kits were nerfed. Either they revert said nerf or nerf all the weapons that are getting an additional sigil accordingly, indipendently on whatever change they’re doing.

(and speaking of kits, we’re still waiting the scaling on ascended stats for them in pve…)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

How about no?

Two handed weapons are fine – and your attitude is wrong and malicious.
If you feel the situation is unfair to your class than maybe make a post asking for kit damage for engineer to be increased – but don’t start going off asking for nerfs for everybody because you feel like it.

Protip: The nerf you ask for will never happen.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

How about no?

If you feel the situation is unfair to your class than maybe make a post asking for kit damage for engineer to be increased – but don’t start going off asking for nerfs for everybody because you feel like it.

They are fine, but they’re getting buffed. An extra sigil slot can be used for a plain old +5% damage, with no significant mathematical work. That could most definitely throw balancing out of whack.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

They are fine, but they’re getting buffed. An extra sigil slot can be used for a plain old +5% damage, with no significant mathematical work. That could most definitely throw balancing out of whack.

You’re assuming they’ll ADD a slot…but they’re likely gonna ADD a slot AND lower the damage by 5% BECAUSE the original design was ’the damage is balanced as if it had a Sigil of Force (i.e. 5% extra damage).

Nothing is gonna change in terms of power, except that you get more alternatives.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

You’re assuming they’ll ADD a slot…but they’re likely gonna ADD a slot AND lower the damage by 5% BECAUSE the original design was ’the damage is balanced as if it had a Sigil of Force (i.e. 5% extra damage).

Nothing is gonna change in terms of power, except that you get more alternatives.

The post to which I replied contains context for my post.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

How about no?

Considering most damage builds got nerfed through the critical damage update i doubt things will be " thrown out of whack".
Full DPS zerker output was nerfed by 10%. That’s double the 5% there.

I doubt they’ll nerf the damage if they add a slot.
A lot of sigils have effects rather than damage and I doubt the community would be alright with another damage nerf that would basically force everyone into using a sigil of force.

My question to the OP and others is this : why the negativity ?
Why not buff the kits instead of nerfing the weapons? Why must all balance be done by nerfing something?!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How about no?

They said they are going to “rebalance” (read: nerf) sigils across the board to compensate for those changes. I’d not be surprised if the effect of dual sigils turned out to be, after changes, even lesser than a single sigil is now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Engineers will get 1 Sigildps closer to other classes. Don´t know what u´re talking about.

Thief DPS will stay
Ele Staffs gets closer to LH
Warrior will stay nearly unchanged
Guards too (will use GS instead of a rotation but ok)
Necros will stay unchanged
Rangers too (GS will still suck)
Mesmers the same (GS will still suck)

Oh, and not even 1 kit got a 30% Nerf, Nade AA got 50% but not the whole kit. And Nades will be superior now with rampagergear. So the old nerfs were necsessary.

Im talking about a PvE point of view.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

How about no?

They said they are going to “rebalance” (read: nerf) sigils across the board to compensate for those changes. I’d not be surprised if the effect of dual sigils turned out to be, after changes, even lesser than a single sigil is now.

The rebalance will probably aim at over-the-top combos and will most likely target unpopular sigils that nobody uses.
It is my opinion some of the less popular sigils will be brought up to par with more popular versions.
I doubt they’ll nerf any of the existing ones.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Yes, 5% dmg is fix for example.
So i can choice between air/fire/blood, usually i would never use blood. But now? Probably.

in Profession Balance

Manuhell.2759

Engineers will get 1 Sigildps closer to other classes. Don´t know what u´re talking about.

Thief DPS will stay
Ele Staffs gets closer to LH
Warrior will stay nearly unchanged
Guards too (will use GS instead of a rotation but ok)
Necros will stay unchanged
Rangers too (GS will still suck)
Mesmers the same (GS will still suck)

Oh, and not even 1 kit got a 30% Nerf, Nade AA got 50% but not the whole kit. And Nades will be superior now with rampagergear. So the old nerfs were necsessary.

Im talking about a PvE point of view.

They toned down every kit. They just hadn’t written how much, but it was calculated on the class forums, even if never said officially. But on a thing you’re right, it was the autoattack they nerfed by 30%, not the other skills. Some people had estimated around a 15% nerf in the dps of the weapon.
Nades won’t benefit from rampagers more than before, anyway.

Engineer Kit Sigils. The Engineer now benefits from the sigils on their weapons when they swap to a kit. So, this means that you will have the ability to get sigil procs on your Flame Thrower, or Grenade Kit, etc. This means we had to tone down some of the kits accordingly, the biggest of which was the Grenade kit.
Engineer Grenade Kit Changes. We didn’t want to totally take away the power of this kit, but when it is able to proc sigil abilities, it becomes very strong due to its powerful AOE nature. So we’ve toned down this kit a little due to the sigils now working on engineer kits.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/999226

Still, Engineers won’t see any change with kits – they already used two sigils if they were using pistol/shield or pistol/pistol. There is a change only when using our rifle skills (but those are nerfed by design, anyway – see the class balance philosphies in the post linked above).

Thus, the problem is still there. Either nerf 2-handed weapon or revert kit damage nerfs.

Or act inconsistently and indirectly the engineer yet again. It wouldn’t be the first time, anyway.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

You just said yourself that it changes nothing for pistol shield but buffs riffle. Its going to be the same for all classes.

in Profession Balance

Manuhell.2759

You just said yourself that it changes nothing for pistol shield but buffs riffle. Its going to be the same for all classes.

It changes nothing with kits – because kits were already nerfed in account of using sigils, be it two or one according to the weapon (obviously they were balanced for the worst case, thus 2 sigils).
Even if the rifle can use now two sigils, it doesn’t change anything with kits – their previous nerf is still there.

Thus we’re still at the same point of before: two-handed weapons get nerfed as well (that applies to engineer’s rifle as well, obviously),or kits nerf gets reverted, or we throw consistency out of the window.

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

Kits were balanced for 2 sigils. All weapons now get 2 sigils. Change kits to balance for no sigils? Confused.

in Profession Balance

Manuhell.2759

Kits were balanced for 2 sigils. All weapons now get 2 sigils. Change kits to balance for no sigils? Confused.

Kits got rebalanced to account for two sigils (even if you were to use just one, as it didn’t depend on the weapon used).
Two handed weapons are getting a second sigil.
Two handed weapons should be rebalanced to account for the second sigil, as they weren’t balanced for a second sigil to begin with, exactly as kits weren’t supposedly balanced for using one or two sigils.
If that doesn’t happen, revert the changes to kits for consistency, as if two handed weapons are fine with the added sigil, kits should have been fine too (especially since we already pay for them with a weakened main weapon).

Seems simple enough. Either 2-handed get nerfed due to additional sigils as it already happened in the past with kits, or no 2-handed get nerfed and the kit nerfs due to sigils get reverted.

(edited by Manuhell.2759)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Kits got rebalanced to account for two sigils (even if you were to use just one, as it didn’t depend on the weapon used).
Two handed weapons should be rebalanced to account for the second sigil, as they weren’t balanced for a second sigil to begin with, exactly as kits weren’t supposedly balanced for using one or two sigils.
If that doesn’t happen, revert the changes to kits for consistency, as if two handed weapons are fine with the added sigil, kits should have been fine too (especially since we already pay for them with a weakened main weapon).

Seems simple enough. Either 2-handed get nerfed due to additional sigils as it already happened in the past with kits, or no 2-handed get nerfed and the kit nerfs due to sigils get reverted.

Can you speedup the skills also on two-handed weapons?

Because most two-handed weapon are much slower compared to one-hand.

2x one-hand weapons gives you the option to min-max stats
2x one-hand weapons gives you the option to choice different skills
like sword + shield you can go offensive and defensive and shield also gives another 60 toughness..

With two handed weapons you cant min-max stats.. also you cant change anything to get a different skill..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

How about no?

This isn’t just an issue with consistency as compared to kits- this is an issue, primarily, of 2h weapons being inherently better than 1h weapons, across all classes. There is simply no reason why 2h weapons should do anywhere from 5 to 15% more damage than 1h weapons, and it absolutely boggles my mind that people like you think otherwise.

Though I guess the fact that you run a warrior probably accounts for a lot of it, since so many warriors rely on 2h weapons…

Edit: also, I’ll add for you people- thief will be the class that is nerfed the hardest if this change goes through. Every other class will have at least one 2h weapon that is inherently better than 1h weapons in terms of weapon coefficient, but thief has literally the only 2h weapon that does the same amount of damage that 1h weapons get. Everybody else will essentially get a damage buff while we get much, much less.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

(edited by Arganthium.5638)

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

How about no?

This isn’t just an issue with consistency as compared to kits- this is an issue, primarily, of 2h weapons being inherently better than 1h weapons, across all classes. There is simply no reason why 2h weapons should do anywhere from 5 to 15% more damage than 1h weapons, and it absolutely boggles my mind that people like you think otherwise.

Though I guess the fact that you run a warrior probably accounts for a lot of it, since so many warriors rely on 2h weapons…

Edit: also, I’ll add for you people- thief will be the class that is nerfed the hardest if this change goes through. Every other class will have at least one 2h weapon that is inherently better than 1h weapons in terms of weapon coefficient, but thief has literally the only 2h weapon that does the same amount of damage that 1h weapons get. Everybody else will essentially get a damage buff while we get much, much less.

No its not, read my post above

in Profession Balance

Arganthium.5638

like sword + shield you can go offensive and defensive and shield also gives another 60 toughness..

With two handed weapons you cant min-max stats.. also you cant change anything to get a different skill..

I’m primarily talking about sPvP… However, there are a few things wrong with your statements anyways. First of all, 2H weapons aren’t much if any slower than 1H weapons. Some 2H weapons are slow, like hammer, but they deal more damage than other weapons do to make up for it. Rifle and both types of bows all shoot fast or at least average no matter what prof you’re on. GS tends to be just as fast as other weapons, an in the case of Mesmer’s GS, an argument could be made that it in fact goes faster. There are also very many slow 1H weapons, like thief pistol, guardian or Mesmer scepter, and mace. However, if you’d like to provide some hard empirical evidence, I’m all ears.

As for min-maxing stats, you really don’t need two weapons to do so. Power, for example, remains better than most other stats for the first few hundred points of it; it’s not like you need to take 5 points of power for every point of precision you take. It’s more like- once you’ve reached a certain number of points of power, you should take one point of precision for each point of power you take. You can also start making a build by choosing the weapons first and min maxing around that. In truth, it really doesn’t make a difference.

Finally, 1h weapons can actually be disadvantageous due to the fact that they require an entirely different OH. It means that they get less consistency. For example, warrior’s hammer is much more reliable than ele’s S/F because hammer is much more consistent with itself than scepter is with focus. Either way, you don’t see players taking 1H weapons over 2H so that they can mix abilities- they get one over the other because it fits the purposes of their builds better. Many guardians run two 2H weapons. Many warriors run two 2H weapons. Many engis use their only weapon slot to run a 2H weapon. Mesmers and ele both will often use 2H weapons as their only weapons as well. 2H weapons have the benefit of being unique and consistent, and are often extremely powerful in and of themselves anyways. Also, typically speaking, once you commit to a certain combination of MH+OH, you’re usually stuck to that weaponset anyways , so it’s not like you’re more flexible.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

Warrior axe and guardian sword out DPS their 2 handed counterparts. Guardians scepter is far ahead of 2 handed staff for damage. Haven’t checked other classes but not thinking this argument is holding water :/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

You can add MH Sword for Ranger is better than GS DPS wise.

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

Warrior axe and guardian sword out DPS their 2 handed counterparts. Guardians scepter is far ahead of 2 handed staff for damage. Haven’t checked other classes but not thinking this argument is holding water :/

QFT.
But let’s just spam stuff we think is right because why not. Right guys?

in Profession Balance

Manuhell.2759

This whole argument about one and two handed weapons and their speed has nothing to do with this thread, though.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

I’m primarily talking about sPvP… However, there are a few things wrong with your statements anyways. First of all, 2H weapons aren’t much if any slower than 1H weapons. Some 2H weapons are slow, like hammer, but they deal more damage than other weapons do to make up for it. Rifle and both types of bows all shoot fast or at least average no matter what prof you’re on. GS tends to be just as fast as other weapons, an in the case of Mesmer’s GS, an argument could be made that it in fact goes faster. There are also very many slow 1H weapons, like thief pistol, guardian or Mesmer scepter, and mace. However, if you’d like to provide some hard empirical evidence, I’m all ears.

As for min-maxing stats, you really don’t need two weapons to do so. Power, for example, remains better than most other stats for the first few hundred points of it; it’s not like you need to take 5 points of power for every point of precision you take. It’s more like- once you’ve reached a certain number of points of power, you should take one point of precision for each point of power you take. You can also start making a build by choosing the weapons first and min maxing around that. In truth, it really doesn’t make a difference.

Finally, 1h weapons can actually be disadvantageous due to the fact that they require an entirely different OH. It means that they get less consistency. For example, warrior’s hammer is much more reliable than ele’s S/F because hammer is much more consistent with itself than scepter is with focus. Either way, you don’t see players taking 1H weapons over 2H so that they can mix abilities- they get one over the other because it fits the purposes of their builds better. Many guardians run two 2H weapons. Many warriors run two 2H weapons. Many engis use their only weapon slot to run a 2H weapon. Mesmers and ele both will often use 2H weapons as their only weapons as well. 2H weapons have the benefit of being unique and consistent, and are often extremely powerful in and of themselves anyways. Also, typically speaking, once you commit to a certain combination of MH+OH, you’re usually stuck to that weaponset anyways , so it’s not like you’re more flexible.

I don’t know much about other classes.. but here’s from warrior view:
Rifle and longbow are both very VERY slow weapons for warriors
Sword and Axe AA does more damage compared to AA GS on warriors

About min-maxing.. it is. allot don’t walk 2x two-handed weapons.. but 1x two-handed and 2x one-handed.. that’s where I can say I get 1 knight and 1 zerker one handed weapon.. because shield brings also an extra toughness..

About skills, ofc your more flexible with 2x one-handed compared to 1 two-handed..
I can go offensive + defensive with Axe+shield
I can go for gap closing + defensive sword + shield or maby sword + warhorn for wvw
I can go for long stun + defensive maxe+shield
condi bunker: sword + shield
Condi semi bunker sword + sword
weird reflect build: mace + sword
and more…

way more combinations to make compared to a single two-handed weapon.

That doesn’t say a two-handed weapon issnt stronger compared to 2x one-handed weapon. but 2x one-handed weapon does have many ways to make your build as 1 solid build.

in Profession Balance

Arganthium.5638

Lol are you kidding? Axe is weak in that it’s predictable, so the overall DPS from the extremely fluid GS and hammer with its CC is at least as much if not more than axe’s. And scepter… No. Just no. Not even close. Maybe if you stand inside of Smite, but otherwise it’s not even near to staff, especially when you consider that staff is AoE.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

Lol are you kidding? Axe is weak in that it’s predictable, so the overall DPS from the extremely fluid GS and hammer w. h its CC is at least as much if not more than axe’s. And scepter… No. Just no. Not even close. Maybe if you stand inside of Smite, but otherwise it’s not even near to staff, especially when you consider that staff is AoE.

Umm, yeah, that unpredictable great sword and the never telegraphed hammer. Scepter 1 vs 1 will wreck a staff. But yes, if you want to set up ideal situations for each two handed weapon where it outshines a 1 hander go ahead. But the point of this topic was simply to address damage, was it not? 1 handers are not lacking on these classes as far as I can tell. Maybe thief short bow vs everything else? Or ranger great sword vs longsword? Staff ele? Let one of them chime in.

in Profession Balance

Arganthium.5638

Lol are you kidding? Axe is weak in that it’s predictable, so the overall DPS from the extremely fluid GS and hammer w. h its CC is at least as much if not more than axe’s. And scepter… No. Just no. Not even close. Maybe if you stand inside of Smite, but otherwise it’s not even near to staff, especially when you consider that staff is AoE.

Umm, yeah, that unpredictable great sword and the never telegraphed hammer. Scepter 1 vs 1 will wreck a staff. But yes, if you want to set up ideal situations for each two handed weapon where it outshines a 1 hander go ahead. But the point of this topic was simply to address damage, was it not? 1 handers are not lacking on these classes as far as I can tell. Maybe thief short bow vs everything else? Or ranger great sword vs longsword? Staff ele? Let one of them chime in.

I’m not saying that 1h weapons are necessarily “lacking” in terms of skill coefficients or utility, I’m saying that they’re lacking in that they necessarily deal anywhere from 5 to 15% less damage than what 2h weapons deal.

Thief short bow is the only 2h weapon that doesn’t deal an inherent amount of more damage than 1h weapons do (not including stuff like torch). If you’ve ever used the weapon, you know that it deals next to no damage, which is partially because only three of its 5 attacks deal damage in the first place, but two of those three do very little and the third has a super obvious cast.

Not sure what you’re talking about when you say “ranger greatsword vs longsword”.

The reason why staff ele is bad (it’s one of my alts) is because all of its skills have either extremely obvious casts and are easily evadable, or they just don’t deal that much damage. It has nothing to do with the fact that it’s a 2h weapon as much as it is that ANet is bad at fixing ele’s staff.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Arganthium.5638

I don’t know much about other classes.. but here’s from warrior view:
Rifle and longbow are both very VERY slow weapons for warriors
Sword and Axe AA does more damage compared to AA GS on warriors

About min-maxing.. it is. allot don’t walk 2x two-handed weapons.. but 1x two-handed and 2x one-handed.. that’s where I can say I get 1 knight and 1 zerker one handed weapon.. because shield brings also an extra toughness..

About skills, ofc your more flexible with 2x one-handed compared to 1 two-handed..
I can go offensive + defensive with Axe+shield
I can go for gap closing + defensive sword + shield or maby sword + warhorn for wvw
I can go for long stun + defensive maxe+shield
condi bunker: sword + shield
Condi semi bunker sword + sword
weird reflect build: mace + sword
and more…

way more combinations to make compared to a single two-handed weapon.

That doesn’t say a two-handed weapon issnt stronger compared to 2x one-handed weapon. but 2x one-handed weapon does have many ways to make your build as 1 solid build.

Rifle and longbow, realistically speaking, are actually pretty fast because they’re ranged weapons, so you don’t have to constantly be in a short range of your opponent in order to hit him/her. Their cast times aren’t too bad either, objectively speaking.

GS can do just as much damage if not more than sword and axe because it’s a very swift weapon with a reliable burst skill and gives you lots of mobility. I used this weapon when I was running a warrior and I did perfectly fine with it.

Stats from a weaponset only apply when that weaponset is equipped- i.e. if you get +100 power from your sword, when you swap to GS you don’t retain that +100 power. You can also just as easily take knight’s gear (which is absolutely terrible btw) with your amulets/armor and be just as efficient, if not more efficient.

Generally speaking, you’re not going to be just swapping weapons all the time between thirty different weapon sets, even in WvW. However, even if you are, that doesn’t put GS to a disadvantage, for instance; it just makes it weaker in some circumstances, but in the situations where it’s strong, it’s even stronger because of that +10% damage.

Again, taking two 1h weapons tends to be more inconsistent between the weaponsets (even if only slightly) than taking a single 2h weapon is.

These arguments are all extremely suspect and don’t seem to be addressing the issue here…

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Mightymealworm.8409

The majority of professions highest DPS weapons happen to be 1 handed. Some 2 handers may do more damage per strike or simply have more base attack stat wise. This does not mean that their skill or attack coefficients are more than 1 handers. Mace, torch and focus on a guardian provide some of the classes biggest hits, and sword pulls far ahead of great sword in DPS. If you blanket nerf attack on 2 handers they would fall behind due to mechanics, not stats.

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

I doubt that they’ll be simple blanket nerfs to sigils, and if I recall correctly, the stream indicated that this was happening because sigils would no longer share a cooldown. So yeah; certainly, they’ll get changed, but I doubt it will be to nuke them to less than half their current effectiveness.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I agree, they should be lowered 5% to keep the current balances intact. It’s not as big of a change than sigils were to kits, so it shouldn’t be as big of a change to keep it balanced.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

Lol are you kidding? Axe is weak in that it’s predictable, so the overall DPS from the extremely fluid GS and hammer with its CC is at least as much if not more than axe’s. And scepter… No. Just no. Not even close. Maybe if you stand inside of Smite, but otherwise it’s not even near to staff, especially when you consider that staff is AoE.

Lol are YOU Kidding?

If this is from a PVE standpoint the bosses/mobs won’t care to dodge or move out of the way so Axe is better.
From a PVP standpoint do you really think bringing a GS will be a good option? If yes then allow me to start rolling around laughing

Regarding Scepter vs Staff.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orb_of_Wrath
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wave_of_Wrath
Notice the damage and attack interval – also notice he is right and you are wrong.

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

I’m not saying that 1h weapons are necessarily “lacking” in terms of skill coefficients or utility, I’m saying that they’re lacking in that they necessarily deal anywhere from 5 to 15% less damage than what 2h weapons deal.

Thief short bow is the only 2h weapon that doesn’t deal an inherent amount of more damage than 1h weapons do (not including stuff like torch). If you’ve ever used the weapon, you know that it deals next to no damage, which is partially because only three of its 5 attacks deal damage in the first place, but two of those three do very little and the third has a super obvious cast.

Not sure what you’re talking about when you say “ranger greatsword vs longsword”.

The reason why staff ele is bad (it’s one of my alts) is because all of its skills have either extremely obvious casts and are easily evadable, or they just don’t deal that much damage. It has nothing to do with the fact that it’s a 2h weapon as much as it is that ANet is bad at fixing ele’s staff.

1H weapons " lack 10-15% damage compared to 2H weapons.
But as proven by a lot of people here they deal MORE damage in the majority of situations.
Your point is null and void.

Edit : You just said that GS has a “reliable burst skill” – that made my day. You have to very skillfully set up a PVP encounter to get 100B off ( assuming you’re not referring to the F1 skill) and that takes a lot of effort and is not " reliable" .

(edited by Harper.4173)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

They love Warrior and Greatswords so they’ll probably not touch the damage.

They are also changing the current Sigil, and how the Sigil cooldown will work. Unfortunately we have no clue how they are rebalancing the sigils. Due to that fact I for sure am unable to comment what will happen until I get more information.

They said they each get their own cooldown times – so you will be able to use Fire and Air together. They also said they were looking at increasing the on-crit and on-hit trigger chance.

(edited by frans.8092)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Natfrog.4310

Natfrog.4310

The base DPS for every weapon in the game is EXACTLY the same. Classes can make better use of certain weapons that others granted but the base stats of the weapons are the ~ the same. The 2 handed weapons lacking a second sigil is to TRY to balance them with the ability of dual 1H sets. 2H weapons are not 5% more base DPS than the 1H weapons as attack speed plays a big part in the equasion. The only way to test this is with an overlay that states DPS over time and having 2 characters same profession both auto attacking the same type of enemy. You will be very suprised how often the DPS of 1H weapons are superior or equal and I’ve never seen anything where 2H are more powerful. Now when using skills I would say it is more situational and that is a balance issue on the skill of the player and not the weapons themselves. My 2 cents. Also plz buff bow Rangers in WvW. I’m so tired of HAVING to either sit on a wall or get ran over. Stability on enemies and lack of mobility even when using Signet of the Hunt or whatever it is is just bad. Pet set to do not attack and yet he still gets caught in the zerg and it slows me down to a crawl and GG.

in Profession Balance

Arganthium.5638

I’m going to leave this thread due to something I realized about tooltips, but I just thought I had better address this guy…

1H weapons " lack 10-15% damage compared to 2H weapons.
But as proven by a lot of people here they deal MORE damage in the majority of situations.
Your point is null and void.

Edit : You just said that GS has a “reliable burst skill” – that made my day. You have to very skillfully set up a PVP encounter to get 100B off ( assuming you’re not referring to the F1 skill) and that takes a lot of effort and is not " reliable" .

You have very, very low standards for what counts as proof. Even most of those people you’re referring to would disagree that that’s what they said anyways.

Also, I wasn’t talking about 100b, I was talking about Arcing Slice. Next time use your critical reading skills and a little bit of logic, please.

As for your other post- Orb and Wave both have almost the same cast time, and Wave’s attack shoots out instantaneously, unlike the predictable Orb. Orb only deals a whopping 2 more base damage than Wave does, and it’s not even AoE. Please go play a guardian for once.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter