Seeking Professional Advice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Automatix.2947

Automatix.2947

Wondering what Profession to begin playing with, I bought the game at release but left quickly for various reasons and am looking to come back. Did some research on classes and was thinking I’d play a Warrior or Thief but I’ve had another look and there seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions over the latest balance patch and I was hoping to get some clarity. Lots of people seem to think that Thief is no longer viable and Warrior got nerfed a bunch, is that true? I realise all I’ll be getting is more opinions but I figured it’s worth a shot anyway! Any general advice on all the Professions and their interplay would be great too but that’s probably a tougher ask so I thought I would try to constrain myself to 2 classes. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention my main focus would be PvP but want to PvE almost as much.

(edited by Automatix.2947)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

warrior is more viable in tpvp, thief rekts hotjoin, soloq isnt worth doing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Automatix.2947

Automatix.2947

Thanks for that

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Warrior is the most used however i could recommand ranger as a class for pve due to its easyer control (having a pet realy help staying alive)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Dont use ranger if you want to play in any high level content

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Dont use ranger if you want to play in any high level content

Ranger is perfectly fine everywhere except maybe tPvP (I don’t do tournies so I can’t say for that mode). They bring good damage and offensive support in pve in form of spotter and frost spirit and can mildly contribute to team might stacks/fury through warhorn and jungle stalker/red moa. The days of ranger being bottom tier are over with for the time being, provided the player behind the keyboard is decent.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

Play whatever suits your fancy. Different classes have different styles of play.

Warrior – High base health and armor, high damage output and access to good regen. Front line bruiser type class.

Guardian – Tank, Support, and DPS. Can self buff as well as allies. Can have access to a high amount of Aegis, Protection, Invulnerability, blinds, and healing. Low health pool.

Ranger – Long range damage dealer, good condition application, evasive close range movesets. Recently buffed so that’s good for PvP. Pet management is key.

Thief – Uses stealth, evades, and blinds to weave in and out of combat. High spike damage potential.

Elementalist – Chain together different combinations of spells for maximum effect. Requires more skill than most to play at peak performance due to overwhelming amount of skills and their various inter connecting effects.

Engineer – Utilize kits and gadgets to give yourself a technological edge against enemies. Can only use three weapons but kits can provide a wide array of skills to choose.

Mesmer – Manipulate and confuse opponents using illusions. I would say more but I have only played Mesmer a tad.