Sigil of Doom

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Anyone else think the duration should be reduced?

It’s a 6 second base, with a 9s CD. With 0% condition duration bonus, thats pretty much 2/3 uptime.

What makes it really strong is the ability to control it. Enemy is going to heal? Swap and hit.

It’s primarily one of the reasons why many combinations are so strong: guaranteed poison.

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Yes along with a plethora of other sigils/runes

A necromancer with scepter/staff is not as good as a doom sigil – in applying posion

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Yes along with a plethora of other sigils/runes

A necromancer with scepter/staff is not as good as a doom sigil – in applying posion

Beg to argue with that.

Staff may not be as good at applying poison but scepter is far better then doom sigil.
It can easily keep perma poison up while also applying allot of bleeds.

As for nerfing the sigil. I’d say it would be better to bring other sigils up to par with it so there are more options.

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I think the duration fits the style of application. It can only be applied after weapon swap and when it’s ready there is a symbol under your enemy’s health bar to indicate that their next attack will apply poison, so you know when it’s coming. If someone swaps weapons so that they can counter your healing with poison that’s just good gameplay.

I personally find Doom sigils much better than all the on-crit/on-hit sigils as there’s no way of knowing when one of those is going to proc on an enemy attack. If I had it my way, there would be tool bar symbols for every passive trait/rune/sigil effect in the game. Might get a little cluttered though.

Gandara

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

If someone swaps weapons so that they can counter your healing with poison that’s just good gameplay.

That is what it should be. Right now the poison duration is so long it doesn’t really matter. With condition duration bonuses from traits and such, its practically 24/7 poison.

Hambow and Cele D/D Ele are two examples that use this.

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

3 seconds base is enough for a sigil imo.

Yes, please nerf a few other sigils and runes too, just keeping the topic on doom here.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Doom sigil is a response to the tanky high sustain might stacking cele meta.

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shrapnel.7249

Shrapnel.7249

Doom sigil is a response to the tanky high sustain might stacking cele meta.

Agreed, it works wonders against regen warriors. I’d recommend using at least one Doom sigil out of your four, for a wep swap before a heal. Even if it had less duration it would be effective.

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I think the duration fits the style of application. It can only be applied after weapon swap and when it’s ready there is a symbol under your enemy’s health bar to indicate that their next attack will apply poison, so you know when it’s coming. If someone swaps weapons so that they can counter your healing with poison that’s just good gameplay.

engineer and Ele say hi

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Sigil of Doom

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

With amount of condition cleansing, you’re upset because of a silly sigil?

Caman~

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?