So I herdz you liekz GW1 (New Trait System)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/traits-unleashed-forty-new-traits-and-more/?utm_source=client

So we made the new trait system work like GW1 attributes system.

Cheers!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Sounds pretty good to me. I’m all for doing events for traits. Luckily Anet thought of everything, so we won’t have to worry about events being abandoned and not being able to get a trait pivotal to our build.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Better late than never.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Fantastic, new traits. Few wonderings, though.

Death Magic confirmed for a restructure
So you can get a healing effect in DS; does this mean that things like Regen and healing fields/blasts will affect you while you’re in DS?

Looking forward to the newer posts, as well! New grandmaster traits sound really appealing, and hopefully they can come through on them.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

So excited about this. Some of the posted ones sound Meh but there are 40 of them so hopefully the others are good.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Seems cool, hope the price to unlock the traits isn’t much, more than 10s at trait would be too much.

It looks like they are listening to the comunity feedbacks, I really like the new mesmer trait, 10 second recharge on healing skill is a death sentence XD

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

S/S warriors….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

So you can spend spend hours collecting traits… or simply pay 5 gold to a vendor to unlock them. This reasoning and design is kittening stupid.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

So you can spend spend hours collecting traits… or simply pay 5 gold to a vendor to unlock them. This reasoning and design is kittening stupid.

Are you saying that you want to force people to play how you like to play so you can feel better about obtaining certain things? What happened to people getting personal enjoyment out of their actions in a game instead of worrying about how someone else is progressing their own characters?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

Screw my gold, I’m doing this content with my lvl 80ies just for the heck of it!
Btw I think it’s 5 gold per individual trait, so you can spend hours collecting traits or ‘simply’ spend the gold you’ve already spend hours on collecting. Anet’s reasoning seems good to me.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

No Cogbyrn, I’m asking why must everything in this game flow through gold and why can’t we introduce other things to do? If you merely want to farm dungeons and get everything out of the game, you’ll notice that this is already impossible to do.

If you want to talk about sPvP, sure it would be unsuited there since it’s all about an even play field for everyone. But even with a vendor in place, the current system would have a terrible effect on sPvP. I wouldn’t worry about not having all traits unlocked in sPvP by default.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mikhail.4961

Mikhail.4961

Eh, I’ll come off as a pessimist and hater for this, but… this should’ve been implemented from the start. The traits presented are also very underwhelming and , how to say it… predictable.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Any class is easy to play, but not as easy to master. So sod off, warrior-haters.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

question . when picking the new grandmaster traits will be be forced to choose between the old grand master traits and the new ones ? like will they both be competing for the same slot ?

or will u be able to pick a old grand master trait and a new one on the same trait line ?

will any of the old grand master traits be moved down ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I am very much looking forward to this, alas I’ve already gotten everything, will be fun helping the newer players out getting their traits.

There will be only 1 trait in each slot caveman, you won’t be able to equip 2 grandmasters

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I’m excited about the variety of traits being implemented, though I’m still unsure about the new approach to tiered unlocks and progression. I’m assuming this is all aimed at the Chinese market? Maybe they wanted to create a more rewarding experience after grinding up levels? IDK.

in Profession Balance

caveman.5840

i have never played gw1. but i have ben playing gw2 for a while

ya i kinda understand u won’t be able to have “2 grand master traits” .
but they r not going to move (any) of the old grand master traits down to master ?

or some of the old masters down to adept ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

i have never played gw1. but i have ben playing gw2 for a while

ya i kinda understand u won’t be able to have “2 grand master traits” .
but they r not going to move (any) of the old grand master traits down to master ?

or some of the old masters down to adept ?

You’re asking too many questions. The people here only know as much as the blog post provides. ANet will provide more detail later, and the release of the patch will give you everything you need to know.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

caveman.5840

lol .. it just had me wondering . was just hoping someone would have a lil more info .
figured this would be the place to ask if i would get any luck to get a answer lol.

didn’t really think i would get a answer that would help but it never hurts to ask.
guess i just need to wait and see.

ty for being so kind and helpful lol eyes rolled

(edited by caveman.5840)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Alexander Drako.6498

Alexander Drako.6498

I love the fact we’ll be able to change traits to fit the terrain/situation we are in. Sometimes a build is better suit for solo than for team and vice versa.

However… how possible would it be to see the return of “templates” like on GW1? THAT would be the icing of the cake for me!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

S/S warriors….

…. Won’t be affected by a 10% increase to swing speed at all. The only skill on sword I can see it helping is Final Thrust.