So your nerfing Medi Guards dps also?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Because your buffing there sustain even more..
There burst is already ridiculous high!
And guardians dont tell me you dont have great sustain!
-blind on demand and multiple blinds on weapons
-Aegis on demand
-Block heal / block skills
-invull elite with soon CD reduction and 2k heal
-and 3x 2k medi skill heals with average or LOW cooldown..
-annoying good Shield of Wrath thats works the same as a short endure pain..
(you can do anything while this is active.. )
And before you all say, yeah but there burst is all so easy to see.
Your right, but the pressure they can do is just insane so after some dodging around they will burst you down.
I am totally fine Anet is giving dps guards more chance to stay in the fight, but NOT with the burst they have right now.
Here are also some simple comparisons:
————————————————————————
Guardian: Elusive power = 10% more damage when endurance issnt full
Warrior: Stick and Move = 3% more damage when endurance issnt full
THEY ARE BOTH minor grandmaster!!
————————————————————————
Fiery Wrath = 10% more dmg on burning targets.
Why issnt this 7%? because its a major Adept trait.. or even 5% because most of those major adept traits are often only 5%
————————————————————————
And i aint gonna compare all weapon dmg skills, but most of them have the highest dmg coefficient also.
————————————————————————
This is what i prefer:
-Nerf 20% dmg from leap of fait.
Its a low cooldown LEAP with blind.. it doesnt need that high dmg.
-Nerf those traits above
-Nerf 5% dmg from whirling wrath
(yeah even 100b got 5% dmg nerf)
-Nerf 20% dmg from shield of wrath
(this does INSANE burst when its already terrible good)
Thank you

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

So let me guess, you got owned by some passing med guard and came on here to rant.

Guardians still have one of the lowest HP pool and mobility even after merciful intervention change is still kitten. Medi guardian pressuring you ?

Just run away (unless you’re a necro). They are easy to kite once judges intervention is on cool down.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

————————————————————————
Guardian: Elusive power = 10% more damage when endurance issnt full
Warrior: Stick and Move = 3% more damage when endurance issnt full
THEY ARE BOTH minor grandmaster!!
————————————————————————
Fiery Wrath = 10% more dmg on burning targets.
Why issnt this 7%? because its a major Adept trait.. or even 5% because most of those major adept traits are often only 5%
————————————————————————
And i aint gonna compare all weapon dmg skills, but most of them have the highest dmg coefficient also.
————————————————————————
This is what i prefer:
-Nerf 20% dmg from leap of fait.
Its a low cooldown LEAP with blind.. it doesnt need that high dmg.
-Nerf those traits above
-Nerf 5% dmg from whirling wrath
(yeah even 100b got 5% dmg nerf)
-Nerf 20% dmg from shield of wrath
(this does INSANE burst when its already terrible good)
Thank you

1. Its a gm trait in a non-power trait line. Look at the stats it gives, vitality and healing power. Stick and move is in a power trait line, not to mention the fact that warrior’s have very high power coeficients already.

2. Burn isn’t that high of an uptime. Although it could be toned down since in team fights it will be on often in some cases, it’s still not as reliable as dmg against bleeding target or target with A condition like some traits. Its like the trait with 20% damage increase while you have aegis, it looks nice until you realize how often you actually get that benefit.

3. Ehh, not really. Some yes and some no, but warrior has far higher power coefficients on their spike skills. Even if some of them on their own are easily telegraphed, warrior can combo them extremely well in multiple ways to get them off.

4. None of those are needed nerfs. The real culprit are double proc sigils (air/fire) mixed with semi-burst builds. Also are you honestly going to complain about shield of wrath burst? You realize how difficult it is to even have that fire off right and it has a LONG cooldown.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

1. Its a gm trait in a non-power trait line. Look at the stats it gives, vitality and healing power. Stick and move is in a power trait line, not to mention the fact that warrior’s have very high power coeficients already.

2. Burn isn’t that high of an uptime. Although it could be toned down since in team fights it will be on often in some cases, it’s still not as reliable as dmg against bleeding target or target with A condition like some traits. Its like the trait with 20% damage increase while you have aegis, it looks nice until you realize how often you actually get that benefit.

3. Ehh, not really. Some yes and some no, but warrior has far higher power coefficients on their spike skills. Even if some of them on their own are easily telegraphed, warrior can combo them extremely well in multiple ways to get them off.

4. None of those are needed nerfs. The real culprit are double proc sigils (air/fire) mixed with semi-burst builds. Also are you honestly going to complain about shield of wrath burst? You realize how difficult it is to even have that fire off right and it has a LONG cooldown.

1: Most guards already go 20 into that traitline.. so sorry but its doesnt really matter what stats the traitline gives.
Besides even when you say warr have in in there strength traitline i hardly see ANY warrior going deep into that traitline besides pve warriors.

2: Doesnt matter how long the burn duration is.. guard can burn someone WHEN they need to before you burst someone.. > Judge’s Intervention teleport > burst ? something like that?

3: Warrior F1 is higher ofc.. its there ONLY F1 skill.. guardians have there own skills.. i am talking about the weapons skills on its own not the unique skills.

4: well what do you think is needed, because there burst is a little bit to high right now.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

So let me guess, you got owned by some passing med guard and came on here to rant.

Guardians still have one of the lowest HP pool and mobility even after merciful intervention change is still kitten. Medi guardian pressuring you ?

Just run away (unless you’re a necro). They are easy to kite once judges intervention is on cool down.

yes i get owned multiple times, and i own them also. does it matters?

Yes because guardian have low health pool they have ofc more sustain skills like blinding and ofc Aegis… and others.

I am all “ok” with that, i am not “ok” with there amount of burst they can pull off very easy.

I am not saying nerf them into the ground, i am saying shape guardian more..
So you can stay longer into the battle but with less dmg (and even if its a flat 10% dmg nerf its not that HUGE..)

Look what happend to warriors..
2 years ago they had INSANE dmg
they nerfed there dmg and give them more sustain because warrior could only do 1 thing before this > hope he dies before you..

thats balancing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

1: Most guards already go 20 into that traitline.. so sorry but its doesnt really matter what stats the traitline gives.
Besides even when you say warr have in in there strength traitline i hardly see ANY warrior going deep into that traitline besides pve warriors.

Most bunker guardians trait into the honor line, but they won’t get any type of burst that you’re talking about. Perhaps some medi guardians that work off of symbols/empowering might might run into that trait line but even then their burst won’t be terribly over the top either.

To achieve the burst that made you take to the forums in QQ, was probably a 2/6/6/0/0 build. Maximized for burst, but severely lacks a lot of the sustain a 2/1/6/1/4 build would give.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Most bunker guardians trait into the honor line, but they won’t get any type of burst that you’re talking about. Perhaps some medi guardians that work off of symbols/empowering might might run into that trait line but even then their burst won’t be terribly over the top either.

To achieve the burst that made you take to the forums in QQ, was probably a 2/6/6/0/0 build. Maximized for burst, but severely lacks a lot of the sustain a 2/1/6/1/4 build would give.

yeah not all medi guards use that trait line
but this traitline does give you some extra sustain and those 20% cooldown reduction and 10% extra dmg. not even talking about the rest of those traits, so thats pretty good. yeah you can go into different traitline ofc. still stand that this trait gives 10% and warr gives only 3%…. if warr wants this he also sacrifice allot of sustain.

Not saying they should make the guard also 3%.. maby 7% or something like that, just saying they do need to do something about guards dmg before buffing them more with sustain.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I was quite surprised Guardians really just got buffed. Other popular builds got nerfed, and some of their lesser used aspects got buffed. Guardians got both, a buff to popular aspects and a buff to lesser used aspects.
And its certainly not a case of Guardians underperforming, quite the opposite. Guardians are extremely popular in pvp, practically mandatory in higher skill brackets. Extremely popular in WvW and certainly well represented in PvE. And theyve always have been popular.

So i am really struggling to understand why Guardians, of all classes, got buffs. It makes no sense, buff their popular build and that somehow gets people using something differently? Why would they? What worked great uptill now will work even better after the patch.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I’d suggest for the people who say Guard is OP to play it for a bit and go roam WvW.

in Profession Balance

Terrahero.9358

I’d suggest for the people who say Guard is OP to play it for a bit and go roam WvW.

First, i have, and its not that bad. Secondly, congratulations you found the thing Guardians dont excell at, and it also happens to be the one thing arenanet’s balance doesnt take into consideration whatsoever.

Or do you think arenanet honestly sat there thinking to themselves. “Gee, guardians are highly represented in high-end pvp. An average of more then 1 per team, wow… thats a lot. They also make up a significantly large portion in wvw zergs, infact just the game in general. They make up a significant portion of players in general. But hey, they arent that great at roaming, so we should probably just buff them”.

I’ll take “kitten that never happend” for 100$, Bob.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

and it also happens to be the one thing arenanet’s balance doesnt take into consideration whatsoever.

Mesmer PU and clone death nerfs.

They listen to whoever whines the loudest, about any unsupported game mode.

just and FYI

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

Sorry, I stopped reading after the 20th screw-up of “your” and “you’re” and all of the “their/there”s.

If you want to make a properly argued point, either get additional grammar lessons or improve your translation software.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

First, i have, and its not that bad. Secondly, congratulations you found the thing Guardians dont excell at.

Neither does is excel at 1v1 in sPvP and other classes tank better than Guard.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Or do you think arenanet honestly sat there thinking to themselves. “Gee, guardians are highly represented in high-end pvp. An average of more then 1 per team, wow… thats a lot. They also make up a significantly large portion in wvw zergs, infact just the game in general. They make up a significant portion of players in general. But hey, they arent that great at roaming, so we should probably just buff them”.

And how many medi guardians do you see in high level pvp? A bunker guardian being mandatory has next to nothing to do with the medi guardians place in pvp. Next let’s check how many medi guardians are being run through zergs. Probably next to none.

So please don’t lump the two together. They are two sides of a coin, you either load up on burst/dps or on sustain. You can’t put both into one build like celestial d/d on ele and get both high damage and high sustain. You have to chose between nuke them and bunker down.

And the only real buff medi guard saw was renewed focus cooldown and 2k heal on it. Merciful Intervention is a joke now, it only makes it harder to port to a nearby ally and take your focus away from the fight. And the bug where it heals you twice (three times with monks focus for 6k) is probably fixed so it’s even worst. It’s going to be extremely niche, not worth taking over the other 3 meditations. Who’s going to drop contemplation of purity (stun break/full cleanse to boons) for a skill they can only use in rare situations?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Yeah, let’s nerf the only thing medi guard has without giving them anything in return! Sounds totally fair.

Also rofl at your mention of elusive power. Because going 5 in honor is definitely core to a medi guard build.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

I’m sorry but Medi guard is so totally and utterly pwned by any build that uses a combination of mobility, soft/hard cc and other conditions. Fearmancer and basically any engi come to mind.

Their utilitiy cooldowns are not short, only smite condition is a short cooldown. You are looking at 36 seconds for judges intervention when traited and Contemplation of Purity at 48 seconds. They are good at going toe to toe with other power builds and coming out on top, and they are good at laying down heavy AoE burst instantly. If you dodge the initial burst or mititagte most of it, you will be able to lay pressure on quickly as they have already blown 2 utilities and have 1 stun breaker left.

This is funnily enough, also the reason nobody will use merciful intervention. We would enter any fight with zero stun breaker available.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

While I can understand some of the points, I hardly consider a Meditation Guardian overpowered. Conditions will usually destroy meditation guardians. They also lack CC to completely lock down opponents and have some very telegraphed skills. They usually pack no stability either.

Leap of Faith, GS #5, GS #2 are all easy to dodge. They are actually easy to kite once they blow Judge’s Intervention because it is on a 36 second cooldown coupled with zero stability. Yes they have sword #2 but that is a significantly shorter distance. And most meditation guardians I see are actually really squishy if you burst them down quickly. Yes they have really good sustain and what not but usually good bursts or condi pressure will take them down. I personally use a 2/0/6/6/0 for extra tankiness and decent damage, in exchange for slightly less damage, higher virtue cooldowns and less boon generation (which isn’t always a bad thing).

They are very decent roamers in WvW, but they aren’t the best and they can be countered. A good mesmer will almost never lose to a medi guardian, most Mesmer builds counter them really hard, especially if you use staff, it is just a really bad match up for them.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

in Profession Balance

Terrahero.9358

First, i have, and its not that bad. Secondly, congratulations you found the thing Guardians dont excell at.

Neither does is excel at 1v1 in sPvP and other classes tank better than Guard.

I guess thats why most of the more competitive pvp teams run exclusively guardians as tank. You know, because they suck at it and these teams just want to be a good sport about it.

Oooooor, maybe they are infact the best tanks and competitive teams all figured this out a long time ago and simply go with whatever is best. And the best is clearly the guardian.
Which is why last ToL we saw an average of more then 1 guardian per team, thats right you were more likely to see two guardians than no guardians in a team.

Yay for profession diversity.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Sorry, I stopped reading after the 20th screw-up of “your” and “you’re” and all of the “their/there”s.

If you want to make a properly argued point, either get additional grammar lessons or improve your translation software.

Sorry Imepratora, english issnt my primairy language.. is it that bad?
Cant you just read over it? because we dont all speak english.. maby you can speak in my language? i aint using translation software, that way i can learn something :-)
Your and you’re are issnt it the same? their and there is indeed 2 different words, sorry

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

While I can understand some of the points, I hardly consider a Meditation Guardian overpowered. Conditions will usually destroy meditation guardians. They also lack CC to completely lock down opponents and have some very telegraphed skills. They usually pack no stability either.

Leap of Faith, GS #5, GS #2 are all easy to dodge. They are actually easy to kite once they blow Judge’s Intervention because it is on a 36 second cooldown coupled with zero stability. Yes they have sword #2 but that is a significantly shorter distance. And most meditation guardians I see are actually really squishy if you burst them down quickly. Yes they have really good sustain and what not but usually good bursts or condi pressure will take them down. I personally use a 2/0/6/6/0 for extra tankiness and decent damage, in exchange for slightly less damage, higher virtue cooldowns and less boon generation (which isn’t always a bad thing).

They are very decent roamers in WvW, but they aren’t the best and they can be countered. A good mesmer will almost never lose to a medi guardian, most Mesmer builds counter them really hard, especially if you use staff, it is just a really bad match up for them.

Ah see someone using honor also because it gives both damage and sustain, i aint crazy :-)

But yeah i agree there burst attacks are easy to dodge, problem is they have multiple burst attacks so soon your out of dodges/evades etc, also there meditations are instant and can do allot of damage.. on top of the weapon burst skills.

Yeah they are slightly weaker vs conditions, but i aint running condi (kinda hate it)
Medi vs other burst classes are very good right now.
Giving them more sustain is totally fine so they excel in other areas of this game also, but this should cost some damage. they are already a hard counter vs maby burst builds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

@OP

“Because your buffing there sustain even more..
There burst is already ridiculous high!”

you’re*, their*

“And before you all say, yeah but there burst is all so easy to see.
Your right, but the pressure they can do is just insane so after some dodging around they will burst you down.”

their*, you’re*

“Guardian: Elusive power = 10% more damage when endurance issnt full
Warrior: Stick and Move = 3% more damage when endurance issnt full”

isn’t*, isn’t*

“Why issnt this 7%? because its a major Adept trait.. or even 5% because most of those major adept traits are often only 5%”

isn’t*

-cringefest-

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

@OP

Wut????

Guard has it in vitality line war in power untraited,ranger has it in adept but pet gets 30% of total damage.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

OP, have you ever fought a fresh air burst ele? Because their burst is much quicker and much harder to read than any meditation guardian.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

@OP

“Because your buffing there sustain even more..
There burst is already ridiculous high!”

you’re*, their*

“And before you all say, yeah but there burst is all so easy to see.
Your right, but the pressure they can do is just insane so after some dodging around they will burst you down.”

their*, you’re*

isn’t*, isn’t*

“Why issnt this 7%? because its a major Adept trait.. or even 5% because most of those major adept traits are often only 5%”

isn’t*

-cringefest-

dude, no need to do that.
And if you did read this topic you see i already apologize for my bad english

Tjeez get over it.. like we all speak english every day..
I can speak 6 languages with ofc some grammer mistakes, i dont really care..
I bet you cant even speak something else besides english.
and if you cant read it why bother to reply?

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

0/10 please stop posting op

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

We will see what happens, atleast i made my point about medi guards.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

We will see what happens, atleast i made my point about medi guards.

The only point you made is that you need to l2p. The update hasn’t even come yet and you’re already making qq threads? You should take more time thinking about what you did wrong when fighting a medi guard than complaining about losing to them. Trying to face tank builds that are made for pure dps isn’t very smart. The fault isn’t with Guard’s trait lines, it’s with you.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

I guess thats why most of the more competitive pvp teams run exclusively guardians as tank. You know, because they suck at it and these teams just want to be a good sport about it.

Oooooor, maybe they are infact the best tanks and competitive teams all figured this out a long time ago and simply go with whatever is best. And the best is clearly the guardian.
Which is why last ToL we saw an average of more then 1 guardian per team, thats right you were more likely to see two guardians than no guardians in a team.

Yay for profession diversity.

I guess you missed the part where neither of the two winning teams in the Tournament of Legends 2 used a Guardian. Yay for profession diversity.

Looks like people are realizing that other professions (Engineer, Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer) can go tanky while actually being able to wreck face as well. The Guardian cannot do that. A Guardian has to choose whether to be a tank/support or a burst DPS role. This is actually going to make them more of a liability in the sPvP matches to come. Why have one support class (who cannot be everywhere on the map to support and hits like a wet noodle) when you can just spec your other professions to be tanky, have their own support, and also wreck face?

If they had buffed Meditation builds to the point that the Guardian could also be tanky while using them, then they would have put them on par with Elementalist, Warrior, Engineer, and Necromancer builds who can still put out damage while being tough, but they did not. The Guardian is one of the only professions left that has to choose whether to be support/tank or be a DPS burst. They get no “sweet spot” of being both as most of the other professions do.

Note I did not include Thieves and Mesmers on this list as they really do not have to spec to be tanky. Their class mechanics take care of all their defenses, so they can spec all of their build to wreck face

As for the “blind spam” complaint that everyone seems to have about the Guardian…

Well, I am not going to try to show the math but I will say that the Guardian has three weapon skills with blind.

As does the Thief…

As does the Elementalist…

As does the Mesmer…

And we have no utility skills that apply blind.

Unlike the Engineer, Thief, Elementalist, Mesmer, and Necromancer.

Nor can we even create dark or smoke fields to create combos that blind. Only the Thief, Necromancer, and Elementalist can do that. (Anyone else seeing a pattern here?)

So it would appear to me that the all three of the low health professions have equal access to “blind spam” (with the Thief maybe coming out just a little ahead) and that perhaps that was what ArenaNet intended to offer some mitigation for having no health? Just a thought.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Seeing someone complaining about Medi Guard is really baffling to me. Imo it’s the most well designed DPS specs in the game. Play well and you can beat many different builds 1v1. You can even make up for you lack of stability by using well timed blocks/blinds. It’s got more risk/reward than your average Thief build because your utilities that are a big part of your offense are also a big part of your sustain. If you catch the guy out they don’t have something like a auto pop Endure Pain to stay alive.

These are the type of builds you want to encourage! Why you would want something that already sees minimal play nerfed is beyond me. Even the blinds are designed in such a way where getting hit by them feels like you messed up as opposed to Thief or some Ele builds.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jagstang.6912

Jagstang.6912

I dunno which is more OP, a medi guard or a signetmauling ranger O.o

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Ah see someone using honor also because it gives both damage and sustain, i aint crazy :-)

But yeah i agree there burst attacks are easy to dodge, problem is they have multiple burst attacks so soon your out of dodges/evades etc, also there meditations are instant and can do allot of damage.. on top of the weapon burst skills.

Yeah they are slightly weaker vs conditions, but i aint running condi (kinda hate it)
Medi vs other burst classes are very good right now.
Giving them more sustain is totally fine so they excel in other areas of this game also, but this should cost some damage. they are already a hard counter vs maby burst builds.

In my opinion, a meditation guardian can’t burst as often as you think. Focus #5 is on a 45 second cooldown, Judge’s intervention is on a 36 second cooldown. Ok Smite condition deals a lot of damage on a low CD. Most of the Guardian’s burst on low CD is very telegraphed or easily dodged, GS #2, GS #3, GS #5, Sword #3, etc. A meditation guardian isn’t a huge threat once most of their utilities are on cooldown. If you can mitigate the initial burst they will be put at a major disadvantage because not only have they blown alot of their burst but alot of their sustain as well.

Once their utilities are gone, most classes with some kind of ranged option can just kite them to death while dealing damage.

Yes they might be good against other power/burst classes. However a Phantasm Mesmer can destroy a Medi Guardian, more so if they run PU. D/D Eles can outsustain them. So it isn’t all power builds that they can counter. If you roam in WvW alot with a medi guardian you will that yes they can be very powerful, but however you will learn their weaknesses too.

They can’t just simply walk away from any fight. Most condi builds can carve them up. Classes with high mobility and kiting ability can dance circles around them most of the time. They lack any soft CC’s like cripple, chill, immobilize, and only have 1 telegraphed hard CC. I’ve tried fighting a Terrormancer, not a good time lol.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

It’s ok OP they nerfed thieves

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I don’t find guardians to be OP, but…

I really wish any form of burst had some kind of indication that it was being casted, it doesn’t have to be any longer than 3/4s, that would be nice. Seriously, any game breaking skill which will HEAVILY sway a fight in your favor should have at least 5/8ths-3/4s cast timer with a very vivid casting animation. COUNTER PLAY WE NEED IT!!!!!!! Wouldn’t even mind the dmg on medi guardian burst combo getting an all around 20% dps boost if it mean’t I could have some visual que prior to getting bursted. An instant teleport is impossible to read!

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

I don’t find guardians to be OP, but…

I really wish any form of burst had some kind of indication that it was being casted, it doesn’t have to be any longer than 3/4s, that would be nice. Seriously, any game breaking skill which will HEAVILY sway a fight in your favor should have at least 5/8ths-3/4s cast timer with a very vivid casting animation. COUNTER PLAY WE NEED IT!!!!!!! Wouldn’t even mind the dmg on medi guardian burst combo getting an all around 20% dps boost if it mean’t I could have some visual que prior to getting bursted. An instant teleport is impossible to read!

It doesn’t come with any CC attached, so you can just dodge away.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Bad mobility, really bad disengage.

Very strong in 1vs1 and in 2vs2, but for a 5v5 conquest match there are better options (for now, we’ll see after the patch)

It suffers the same bad burst design of a scepter elementalist, a lot of instant damage unpredictable and very difficult to dodge.

in Profession Balance

BurrTheKing.8571

Seeing someone complaining about Medi Guard is really baffling to me. Imo it’s the most well designed DPS specs in the game. Play well and you can beat many different builds 1v1. You can even make up for you lack of stability by using well timed blocks/blinds. It’s got more risk/reward than your average Thief build because your utilities that are a big part of your offense are also a big part of your sustain. If you catch the guy out they don’t have something like a auto pop Endure Pain to stay alive.

These are the type of builds you want to encourage! Why you would want something that already sees minimal play nerfed is beyond me. Even the blinds are designed in such a way where getting hit by them feels like you messed up as opposed to Thief or some Ele builds.

Medi guard is super easy to play. Instead of correctly using dodges you just spam defensive cooldowns. It dosent need a nerf but it didint need a buff either. Guardian is the easiest zerker class to play besides from pew pew power ranger that spams 111 from 1500 range with longbow.

Are you joking? Have you EVER played Medi Guard against someone even moderately competent? If you just spam your abilities against a Hambow, you’re going to lose. You’re going to find yourself with no defensive options and a hammer combo heading right towards your face. Same with any sort of condition build. Use Contemplation too early and you’re going to get overwhelmed. In fact if you run the more offensive x/6/6/x/x you’ll probably lose because only the 2/1/6/1/4 has enough condi removal to survive long enough 1v1.

As someone who mained War for the first year of the game, Medi Guard is much more difficult. You clearly never played Power Ranger either. Sure it can deal a good amount of ranged damage, but a Thief can also literally 3 shot you and you generally have no way to survive against multiple enemies for more than a nano second. Also in PvP sitting off point isn’t all that useful and 1 reflecting wall and you become totally worthless for the duration.

Anyways, at best the buff is a nice little boost but it’s not like it’s going to make the build able to beat builds it couldn’t before.

Just an angry old man…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Yes please nerf guardian, remove the extra damage when you use it when it clears a condition and increase the CD to at least 35s, because it’s way too potent, and remove the boons from Symbols, and lower the damage on 3rd chain attack on sword. Way too potent. Guardians have too much survivability and damage! Leap of Faith needs a nerf too since it does too much for such a low CD skill. Make it travel half the distance and reduce the damage by 30%. Reduce Monk’s Focus so it only heals for 1400! And it will be fair! The Guardian SoW+JI is so unpredictable, as well as all their burst! You can’t see it coming. Too much gaiez, too much. Make it so everyone can live with 50% -75% HP when they happen to make you eat those full bursts! Pls Anet nerf guardians damage and make sure they can’t apply any pressure to anyone, so they can only bunk!

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

OP please learn to play. Your absolute crap posting is all about how your class of choice, the warrior, is underpowered and everything else is overpowered. I have a lot of fun playing med guard and can say that you are bad if you lose to me on:

Ele or mesmer, especially d/d ele and PU anything mesmer
Condi engi, necro or thief

Just because you keep getting rekt by it does not mean it is OP. Stop crying over warrior nerfs, other classes’ buffs, and get better.

collector of liquid aurillium

in Profession Balance

BurrTheKing.8571

Medi guard is super easy to play. Instead of correctly using dodges you just spam defensive cooldowns. It dosent need a nerf but it didint need a buff either. Guardian is the easiest zerker class to play besides from pew pew power ranger that spams 111 from 1500 range with longbow.

Are you joking? Have you EVER played Medi Guard against someone even moderately competent? If you just spam your abilities against a Hambow, you’re going to lose. You’re going to find yourself with no defensive options and a hammer combo heading right towards your face. Same with any sort of condition build. Use Contemplation too early and you’re going to get overwhelmed. In fact if you run the more offensive x/6/6/x/x you’ll probably lose because only the 2/1/6/1/4 has enough condi removal to survive long enough 1v1.

As someone who mained War for the first year of the game, Medi Guard is much more difficult. You clearly never played Power Ranger either. Sure it can deal a good amount of ranged damage, but a Thief can also literally 3 shot you and you generally have no way to survive against multiple enemies for more than a nano second. Also in PvP sitting off point isn’t all that useful and 1 reflecting wall and you become totally worthless for the duration.

Anyways, at best the buff is a nice little boost but it’s not like it’s going to make the build able to beat builds it couldn’t before.

I said its the easiest ZERKER class to play not the easiest overall. The build/class with the most defensive cooldowns while being FULL zerk is the easiest zerker build to play. Medi guardian comes on the top followed by thief/mesmer. Ranger is also easy if you are able to keep your enemy at 1500 range, you can autoattack to death.

Of course compared to soldiers hambow medi guard is hard. But zerker Greatsword warrior is hardmode compared to medi guard.

The only Zerker GS War build I can think of as being “hard” to play is Skullcracker since the range is short and the animation is obvious. Other than that GS/Axe is strong, GS/Bow is strong and I don’t find either particularly hard. You still have high health and toughness, and if you’re a wuss Endure Pain as well. A medi guard can be exploded very quickly if you catch them out of position. As a Warrior, Medi Guad can generally beat me 1v1 if they’re good but Warrior is still an easy class to play in its current form. Once the Adren changes go through that might change but as it currently stands no war build is really that hard to play. Ironically though Skullcrack is the build that I find most reliably beats Medi Guard due to their lack of stability.

Just an angry old man…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Relevant to the topic. They have multiple ways of bursting yes, and I am one of the people that puts points into honor. However if you look at what guardians have, which is low mobility, and very little soft CC. You compare damage traits to that of a warrior, and don’t realize that the line has a grandmaster for 15% damage for max adrenaline, and a 10% damage boost trait to GS, meaning you can get a whopping 28% Damage boost total from that line. The max any guardian can get from the Zeal line is 15%. Fiery Wrath is harder to maintain unless you have torch, in which case you gave up blind condi removal and 3 block shield.

Guards have no lockdown to make the target eat burst compared to a warrior with Shield bash Eviscerate combo which will easily crit for 10k Damage in a single hit against squishy characters. JI + SoW is one of the most obvious combo initiations in the game, next to Churning Earth so if you get hit by it it’s what you get. To further compare Guards to Warriors where you shouldn’t, Warriors have lots of access to CC and there are many weapons that provide soft cc. They also have mobility and good access to swiftness without costing a arm or leg.

Guard has a better chance to survive as a zerker build true, with the use of blocks and blinds, but that’s all active defense and not passive. This makes all of guardian’s ways of sustaining and surviving skill based. Opposed to HS Passive such.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Please name these spammable defensive cooldowns that mediguards have.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

I said its the easiest ZERKER class to play not the easiest overall. The build/class with the most defensive cooldowns while being FULL zerk is the easiest zerker build to play. Medi guardian comes on the top followed by thief/mesmer. Ranger is also easy if you are able to keep your enemy at 1500 range, you can autoattack to death.

Of course compared to soldiers hambow medi guard is hard. But zerker Greatsword warrior is hardmode compared to medi guard.

It’s pretty kitten clear that you have absolutely no experience with which to base your opinion on, so you should probably just stop posting in here.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rothem.8174

Rothem.8174

Medi guard already counters warrior/thief if both are equally skilled. I honestly don’t know why they buffed them . Major problem is the insta cast medi skills that can only be random dodged :S

Also don’t forget that a block or a blind is 100000x better than having more HP . Let’s say I have 20k HP and a thief backstabs me for 10k, that leaves me only with 10k HP. Now let’s say I have 15k and I use a block or blind to prevent the back stab, that leaves me with the full 15k HP. Simple maths.

medi guard should be good at melee. After all they have nearly no ranged dps, and have no good way to disengage.

and as for backstab, wait for the guard to pop their cooldowns before you use it. Yes, you need to actually time your attacks instead of spamming once it’s off cooldown

(edited by Rothem.8174)