Soon everyone has a mobile 100b..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

It seems rangers are much better now with weapons compared to warriors.

When does warriors get a MOBILE and faster 100b.. (ofc some damage reduction also)

We are stuck on this pve weapon now for 2 years where all other classes get cheap 100b skills that are mobile/faster/range

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Suck a lemon. Rangers have been in need of this update since the game’s release. We’ve been behind every other profession by a significant margin. Warriors have dominated this game. Even with these new improvements, rapid fire still won’t be as hard-hitting as 100b.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

As a warrior, you’re not “stuck” with Greatsword. There are so many good weapons to choose from!

If you’re parking GS in PvE, it’s because the damage is great and mobility doesn’t matter when you’re stack-tanking a boss.

For PvP, try some of your copious stuns and immobilizes to make that hundred-blades connect. Or try a weapon set with more built-in control.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Suck a lemon. Rangers have been in need of this update since the game’s release. We’ve been behind every other profession by a significant margin. Warriors have dominated this game. Even with these new improvements, rapid fire still won’t be as hard-hitting as 100b.

yes it does, you forget its only 2,5 casttime where 100b is like what 4sec??

I am not saying RAngers dont deserve this buff, i am saying Anet could make GS much better for warr in pvp and WVW.. now 100b is only good in PVE.. but when you nerf some of its damage but make it mobile maby faster it could be much better in pvp but a little bit less good in pve

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

As a warrior, you’re not “stuck” with Greatsword. There are so many good weapons to choose from!

If you’re parking GS in PvE, it’s because the damage is great and mobility doesn’t matter when you’re stack-tanking a boss.

For PvP, try some of your copious stuns and immobilizes to make that hundred-blades connect. Or try a weapon set with more built-in control.

So i have to just leave GS for PVE? and i cant talk about it to make it better in PVP?

And so warriors are the only one that NEEDS to have a different weapon set just to land 1 skill on its OTHER weapon…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Yes! bring on the Ranger OP QQ.. We have all waiting so long for these tears and they will be oh so sweet

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

ASP.8093

So i have to just leave GS for PVE? and i cant talk about it to make it better in PVP?

And so warriors are the only one that NEEDS to have a different weapon set just to land 1 skill on its OTHER weapon…

It’s “1 skill” that BURNS through hp like crazy if you connect with the whole thing. The price for that is that it’s hard to connect with the whole thing. That’s just good design.

You’re a warrior. You have two weapon sets for a reason. You can swap weapons every five seconds. It’s not hard.
Or use a utility skill to CC them.
Or hit them with 100B when an ally puts CC on them.
Or use quickness (like Frenzy or Last Chance).
Or 100B on downs so you kill the people trying to res them.

Learn your class. :/

(edited by ASP.8093)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Lol at warrior complaining about ranger buffs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

100b is a quickness buff for gs auto attack, with bonus damage after 8 strikes. Seeing it different is wrong. Free quickness on a weapn skill is great. And you can cancel/overrule 100b anytime you want it. So why complain. 100b is great, very great, and if you don’t see that, you don’t know the game or other professions. Sure it’s immobalize, but the trade off, is some of the highest burst damage possible in the game, not needing combo’s to be pulled off. And you can cancel if you need to, come off cooldown next 6,4/8 seconds.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I’ve never hit a 17k rapid fire.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

warior GS needs a better burst skill, thats all.

And a real nerf/redesign for passive healing signet so that the mobilty doesnt come with such regen.
Its not bad, its almost viable like many other zerker builds.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Touche Amore.2083

Touche Amore.2083

ikr…who ever thought we’d see the day

Rangers can have their time in the limelight, it only took 2 years to get them there

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

“It’s “1 skill” that BURNS through hp like crazy if you connect with the whole thing. The price for that is that it’s hard to connect with the whole thing. That’s just good design.”

Rangers will have a easier to land, ranged and quicker one, with pets giving 6 sec cripple.

The warrior one seems so more balanced.

I really want to see those changes in action, because they could be not as strong as people think. And i would like to play ranger again

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I’ve never hit a 17k rapid fire.

And it’s only possible to do that fully specced for damage leaving no form of defense available, and even then it’s a stretch. Whereas a warrior can dish out 100b and reach 17k before it’s even half way done if it ran full glass, while still being tankier than the ranger.. Warriors really have no right to complain atm, especially if they are going to try and complain about rangers.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I can’t wait to start reflecting the new Ranger pew pew. It’s going to be hilarious.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

o cmon pls, i dont play ranger but this thread is silly (i do plan on lvling a ranger tho, gs ftw!)

first u say u r stuck on gs for 2 yrs, well, then u state u dont wanna leave gs now

u as warrior complain about ranger getting rapid fire buff, so , rifle skill 3 is like that no?(may be bit worse, but it still got killshot, now dont go saying rifle sux for war, cause from what i heard, longbow sux for ranger as well)

100 b hits waaaaaay harder than rapid fire

meh had further stuff to point out but forgot em all, too sleepy i guess, gonna edit if i remember em

ah and one nerf, one timed dodge evades now most of rapid shots hits, ever thought about that?

100 b cleaves rapid shot pierces ONLY if traited, and u would be sacrificing stuff, like spotter or the new gm trait or the other modified gm trait

gs on warrior doesnt have crap dmg in meele like longbow does

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

ASP.8093

Hmm.

Let’s make a deal. I will be totally fine with warriors being able to move in 100B if I get to reflect it — ALL OF IT — like it’s a projectile (with Feedback, with Magnetic Shield, with Mirror, with Missile Deflection, et cetera).

Fair deal?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

When does warriors get a MOBILE and faster 100b.. (ofc some damage reduction also)

We are stuck on this pve weapon now for 2 years where all other classes get cheap 100b skills that are mobile/faster/range

Surely you jest?

yes it does, you forget its only 2,5 casttime where 100b is like what 4sec??

Ah…

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

o cmon pls, i dont play ranger but this thread is silly (i do plan on lvling a ranger tho, gs ftw!)

first u say u r stuck on gs for 2 yrs, well, then u state u dont wanna leave gs now

u as warrior complain about ranger getting rapid fire buff, so , rifle skill 3 is like that no?(may be bit worse, but it still got killshot, now dont go saying rifle sux for war, cause from what i heard, longbow sux for ranger as well)

meh had further stuff to point out but forgot em all, too sleepy i guess, gonna edit if i remember em

ah and one nerf, one timed dodge evades now most of rapid shots hits, ever thought about that?

100 b cleaves rapid shot pierces ONLY if traited, and u would be sacrificing stuff, like spotter or the new gm trait or the other modified gm trait

We will see, and for the record, i dont complain about rangers.
I complain about warrior GS, the weapon could really need some fix/buffs. rush is nice for running but the skill sucks at hitting.. make it a 900 leap or something..
100b (what i ALREADY where saying in this topic) you can remove some damage from 100b in return we get a mobile 100b.. so we dont NEED other weapons for a 100b (maby new 50b) so even GS becomes good in pvp.

in Profession Balance

Wyrden.4713

I complain about warrior GS, the weapon could really need some fix/buffs. rush is nice for running but the skill sucks at hitting.. make it a 900 leap or something..
100b (what i ALREADY where saying in this topic) you can remove some damage from 100b in return we get a mobile 100b.. so we dont NEED other weapons for a 100b (maby new 50b) so even GS becomes good in pvp.

ppl who use gs in pvp always have tools to make the 100 b land, like bullscharge, throw bolas, sword f1, mace f1, etc

100 b is fine as it is

rush hits as often as ride the lightning does

sry, but making 100 b mobile is not a good idea from every view of the game

and those r both different proffessions, pls dont try to make em all the same/comparing them

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Is there something louder than lol that’s appropriate to post? I might cry XD

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Wyrden.4713

Is there something louder than lol that’s appropriate to post? I might cry XD

lm(f)ao ? !

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

warrior GS, the weapon could really need some fix/buffs.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21100000/lolige-the-word-lol-21172012-258-196.jpg

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21100000/lolige-the-word-lol-21172012-258-196.jpg

You only post some words from my post…

Ugh, whatever… this community is very bad @ GW2
People can only flame at this forum and say they know the best and call the rest noobs..

in Profession Balance

Wyrden.4713

People can only flame at this forum and say they know the best and call the rest noobs..

hey i gave valid reasons why 100 b should stay the same!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

hey i gave valid reasons why 100 b should stay the same!

Allot of people* better? :-)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it’s just hard to take seriously someone complaining warrior isn’t strong enough. what’s more, complaining that their signature skill (which happens to be used on a ton of stuff and still has the highest attainable damage on any weapon skill) needs to be buffed, because another class has a “mobile” version of it that at the end of the day will deal 1/3 the damage and can’t cleave.

tons of other people in this thread have provided arguments. you ignored them, so i won’t repeat those arguments.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I am bookmarking this for the lulz of a warrior being jealous of rangers.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

there isn’t any point in complaining until we have seen all the ready ups between all the classes. Although I do predict some pretty big nerfs for warriors.

Calling it right now there will definitely be some sort of nerf to the Combustive Shot/Cleansing Ire Combo. Or maybe a straight up change to Cleansing Ire.

I see GS mobility being nerfed (either cooldown or range on rush).

Hammer damage will probably be nerfed even further as well as some changes to burst mechanics.

They will probably introduce some new active for Healing Signet. Maybe an odd buff to Rifle and some traits that nobody uses ever.

I just hope they don’t over do it, Warriors for the 1st year since this game’s release was completely unviable in the pvp meta no matter what build you ran.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

POOR WARRIORS…

what you should really be worried about is melee engis! i already have a build that hits like a truck with toolkit, and now its getting a 10% damage boost!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Last time i saw, on youtube , a PvE video quite Recent or even videos in the last few months, a hundred blades can hit 60-106k(if it has spotter/frost and buffs)
you can’t move with it Because of that reason.

that damage compaired to a mobile rapid fire 8-14k max even with a reduced cooldown to 12secs 24-26k every 16secs with Damage Modifiers.
Ranger Deserve this buff , its more about its CC Balance than damage , the 17% for mid range and 10% vs movement impaired targets is only to bring it back in line with all the buff the other classes got Previous patch , and remember our pets got Really hammered last balance, it was a well need damage boost.
even with the new buffs for rapid fire , it makes it better dps than a slow lb auto. now people really should not cry about sucky ranger dps , from peeps that use Lb+sword warhorn with a quickness.
now its pretty much not possible to trash talk a ranger just because he has a longbow Equipped.

the movement on a warroir overall is good and great with a gs , hundred blades is immobile because of its Very high Potentional damage if build correctly.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

No please, no more damage nerf for GS.

GS is fine , 100b needs damage buff not nerf , 100b should be a very hard skill to setup but once you do, you get rewarded with great damage.

unfortunately Axe can do similar or even higher damage without the need to root yourself for that i want 100b to get buffed in damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arcades.4689

Arcades.4689

I have a warrior and a power ranger, and, while I’m very happy about the ranger’s changes, warrior’s gs really needs a buff.

No warrior uses gs in pvp, because it’s a completely useless weapon, and, even as a power ranger, I’m able to curbstomp them with no effort.

Warrior’s only competitive weapons in pvp are hammer, lb (mandatory thanks to blind spam) and axe. 3 weapons out of 7. That sucks.

I really hope they’ll leave competitive builds unchanged and will give some nice buffs to less used weapons (that’s exactly what they did with ranger).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

It has cleave, gap closers, mobility when moving between points, great damage, vulnerability, and a cripple. What makes the greatsword “useless” in PvP?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

It has cleave, gap closers, mobility when moving between points, great damage, vulnerability, and a cripple. What makes the greatsword “useless” in PvP?

It isn’t the ‘go to’ answer that they want it to be is the best I can guess from what is usually posted about it.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

Have you EVER played PVP?
If so, have you EVER seen a decent warrior with a gs?

Gs has vulnerability… on auto attack. And a really weak auto attack, one of the weakest in the game.
Cripple on a projectile skill so slow that you can actually outrun it.

I repeat: how many warriors have you seen in pvp with a gs? Really dudes, how can you say that gs is a viable weapon in pvp?

When I see a gs war in pvp (hotjoin, mostly. haven’t seen one in solo/teamq in ages) they are laughable easy to kill.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Warrior’s GS doesn’t need any buff. Rather a nerf to Rush, similar to RtL.

What GS “lacks” is sort of CC to land HB. Warrior actually can play with it.

But to achieve that he has to chain something and probably land Skull Cracker because Thieves are nearly immune to cripple and immobilize. That means no easy mode Combustive cleansing and LB.

And most will just pick easier spec.

They could change Arcing Slice and B. Power (to proc after you use burst) though

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

But to achieve that he has to chain something and probably land Skull Cracker because Thieves are nearly immune to cripple and immobilize. That means no easy mode Combustive cleansing and LB.

They could change Arcing Slice and B. Power (to proc after you use burst) though

Mace/gs in pvp. I really hate repeating myself, but have you ever played pvp?

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

Mace/gs in pvp. I really hate repeating myself, but have you ever played pvp?

Yes. Up to top 200 or so.

If you so desire, you can still use Skullcracker builds. In fact, many were running it couple months ago until it got nerfed a bit.

I’m still able to kill players with it in tournaments. But why bother baiting stun breakers, faking Skull Cracks, landing a combo when you can steamroll as Hambow or Axe/Sword with LB cleansing you without any effort ?

Problem of Greatsword isn’t the damage, mobility. It’s just a weapon which has to be used with proper rotation chains to make it work, when Axe, Longbow and Hammer are good stand-alone weapons supporting each other when also having some superior duelling/holding/teamfight usefulness.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

1)axe is a bad stan alone weapon. No utility, just high auto attack damage. It’s only used thanks to sigil of intelligence (no war ran with axe pre 15th april).

2)how can you be in top 200 and not know that lb is mandatory for war thanks to the condition removal? warrior has no active con removal apart from cleansing ire and signet of stamina.
I’m rank 44, and i’ve never, ever, ever saw a mace/gs war in pvp. EVER.
You have to sacrifice a lot of armor and hp, condition cleansing and utilities just to land a skill with less dps than guardian’s gs 2 and 3+1/2 secs of channel time.
Also, I can kill gs warriors easily with a power ranger (and I’ve played no more than 70 matches with this class), and have you ever saw a gs war in a ToL match? I haven’t. Power ranger is more represented than gs warrior!

3)warrior’s gs mobility < ranger’s gs mobility. But you can nerf that kitten mobility if you really want, it’s only useful for running around the map in pve.

in Profession Balance

Wyrden.4713

1)axe is a bad stan alone weapon. No utility, just high auto attack damage. It’s only used thanks to sigil of intelligence (no war ran with axe pre 15th april).

2)how can you be in top 200 and not know that lb is mandatory for war thanks to the condition removal? warrior has no active con removal apart from cleansing ire and signet of stamina.
I’m rank 44, and i’ve never, ever, ever saw a mace/gs war in pvp. EVER.
You have to sacrifice a lot of armor and hp, condition cleansing and utilities just to land a skill with less dps than guardian’s gs 2 and 3+1/2 secs of channel time.
Also, I can kill gs warriors easily with a power ranger (and I’ve played no more than 70 matches with this class), and have you ever saw a gs war in a ToL match? I haven’t. Power ranger is more represented than gs warrior!

3)warrior’s gs mobility < ranger’s gs mobility. But you can nerf that kitten mobility if you really want, it’s only useful for running around the map in pve.

seen a lot

and did u know? it doesnt have to be mace

bullscharge works as well, or pindown, or sword f1, switch weap, 100 b

there are a lot of ways to land 100 b

setting up a 100 b is the same as trying to hit enemy w a dragonstooth as ele.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

Bullscharge: takes up a utility skill (so choose one between endure pain, berserker stance or signet of stamina. The other one is already taken by stability), obvious tell, 2 secs kd (100b has 3+1/2 secs cast time, so to use it efficently you’ll need frenzy, wich takes another utility slot…) Also, 40 (32 if traited) secs of cd.

Sword f1: so you sacrifice your condi removal and aoe dmg to immobilize a target… that can easily teleport away or interrupt you.

Pin down: 25 secs recast, for a burst that won’t entirely connect (You’ll lose half a second in gap closing/swapping weapon and startng the skill) and that can still be easily interrupted.

Dragon tooth has a lower cd, isn’t a channeled skill (so it’s harder to interrupt) and isn’t on a almost completely useless weapon set.

So yeah, it’s not like dragon tooth at all.

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

Just because something isn’t so popular doesn’t mean that it’s not viable.

Sure, Combustive Shot is nice, frequent, easy condition removal. But it’s not the only option, trust me. There were and are people who like certain playstyles.

True, perma burning field, massive might stacking are cool and work well. But don’t be so close minded.

Because some day, your “meta” can take a hit and you’ll be left, disoriented and lonely.
It’s good to know entire profession, not just one or two fotm builds.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

Can you please show me any valid alternative to cleansing ire and combustive shot for conditions clearing?

I don’t like how a warrior can mantain a constant fire field with little effort, but warriors cannot live without that condition cleansing.

You speak of “other options”. Those other options are, basically, a killshot bot and a 100b bot. Both those builds are hilariously weak even against a power ranger.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

They don’t want zerker warrior to work in spvp. Don’t waste time with it.

You’re welcome^^

Phaatonn, London UK

in Profession Balance

Wyrden.4713

why do u feel so bound to take condi removal, ofc condi removal is nice and awesome, but builds without condi remove exist as well, u r not bound to take cleansing ire /bow

a lot of builds dont have condi removal in pvp.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

Warriors have no way to avoid conditions apart from berserker stance (60 sec cd).
That means that without CI/bow, you’ll get wrecked by any condi build able to kite or blind spam you. You’re a melee animal, and In a teamfight you’ll end up dead as soon as a condi necro/ranger/engi shows up.
I’m pretty sure that even a condi guardian could steamroll a war without CI and/or longbow.

You guys cry all day “warriors have so much damage and survivability!” “this meta is full of bunkers!”, and then you don’t want to make zerker builds viable.

You just want warriors to have no condition cleansing, no vigor, no invulnerability skills, no mobility and weak dps. I’m pretty sure this isn’t balance.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

But isn’t it good if you are no longer so terribly, terribly lonely standing at the top of the mountain?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

how can you be in top 200 and not know that lb is mandatory for war thanks to the condition removal? warrior has no active con removal apart from cleansing ire and signet of stamina.

If you say so. I am in the top 25 on with my warrior. I do not use long bow. At all. If you think long bow is mandatory, then I think you might fall under the L2p issue that happens a lot in Gw2.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Gs has vulnerability… on auto attack. And a really weak auto attack, one of the weakest in the game.

Ah, you may want to at least check the wiki before you post something like that.
Just GS skills:

• Guardian deals 10 more base damage with 0,1 more scaling.
  • Ranger deals 58 less base damage with 0,25 less scaling.
  • Mesmer deals ~same base damage at 300-600 range with nearly 100 more damage at max distance (this is a bit difficult to compare, line-AE versus cleave, ranged vs melee, etc). One important point: Mesmers attack twice in the time it takes any of the other 3 to attack thrice, with their third hit being stronger than the ones I listed.

Just between the 4 GS users, Guardian is strongest with Warriors second and Rangers a distant third. Mesmer depends on whether you could close into melee, if yes they are weakest, if not they are strongest (by default :P ).

The “weak autoattack”? “One of the weakest in the game”? Have you used other autoattacks or classes? Or were you just talking for the sake of trying to construct a straw man argument you never intended to make, so it happened by accident?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.