Stability = OP

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Without stability CC is op. Without dodge, aegis, prot etc direct dmg is op. Without condi clean condi is op…

yeah thats true, but every class has access to condi cleanse, not every class can get enough stability vs a zerg spamming cc all over the place. necro and mesmers dont have good access to it. thr problem is that there is no dr on it. if someone got knocked down or immobilized, there should be a few sec for the person to get up. chain cc and chain interrupts make this impossible.
only if u have viable access to stability u will be able to avoid being stunlocked to death without even a chance to react. on my mes i can blink away, but am still immobilized. so once caught its gg petty much.
cc has to be toned down or balance will never happen. the class with the highest stability, deals the most cc which makes it even more op.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

Stability makes the game too easy, limiting the player’s skill at dodging CC… not to mention that professions such as engineers, necromancer, warrior, ranger and guardian can not stall once on the ground (about to die), because enough to have stability and died.

I propose to reduce the time of stability at 2-4 seconds of basic utilities, or because they see certain traits … that activate it for 8 seconds, even when it may increase with duration boon is disheartening.

PS: I use warrior with build condition and I have 30 seconds of stability, is it seems normal?

google translator.

35sec stability on my ranger elite

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

this talk is futile

in PVE CC is ultra weak, and stability is a situational nice to have perk but you can manage without it.

if you having a hard time vs CC or stability just get a boon stripping trait/attack and get some melandru / hoelbrack runes.

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

PS: I use warrior with build condition and I have 30 seconds of stability, is it seems normal?

35sec stability on my ranger elite

Coarr. you dont have enough, go 30 into power and grab another 12.5 seconds from signet. You need it, 35 seconds is not long enough, i promise.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I think stability should have it’s duration halved, cool down doubled, and remove group stability from the game.

Every battle starts seemingly the same, pop stability and watch everyone’s CC become useless. It’s a bit tiresome. Perhaps give a 50% reduction in armor for 10s after stability has worn off would be whats needed.

Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. You engage an enemy, knowing they are going to enter the initiatal battle with stability up, and you spam your CC, then are complaining that you waste your CC ???

So you explain how you and your friends/zerg are playing quit poorly, and are demanding we change the game to accommodate that? Now that is some backwards thinking. Intelligent players are using cripples, immobilize, and chill (all ignore stability) until we see that little emblem next to the enemies names drop, so we know when to use the other cc.

This isn’t a problem with stability, it is a problem with the player.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DejaVu.9825

DejaVu.9825

Tips nerf stability:
Duration Minimum / maximum 3 seconds accordingly… every AoE CC with a limit of 5 targets, stability takeable from combo-land and more access to this bonus for all professions. Picturing the game with these changes, I find that best both in PvE, spvp and WVW.

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Guard, warrior, mesmer, ele, etc, all have access to long duration stability.

Really!? The class with the LOWEST health and Armor and HIGHEST cool downs of defensive skills and you think they have too much?

Armor of Earth – 6 second Duration. 90 second cool down.
Rock Solid – 20 point trait. 2 second duration. 10-13second cool down.
Earth’s Embrace – 10 point trait. 6 second duration. 90 second cool down

Yeah, you are right. For the class with some of the worst defensive skills, that is just to much access and look at those cool downs only 90seconds! what a disgrace.

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Really!? The class with the LOWEST health and Armor and HIGHEST cool downs of defensive skills and you think they have too much?

Yeah, you are right. For the class with some of the worst defensive skills, that is just to much access and look at those cool downs only 90seconds! what a disgrace.

#elepocalypse

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheflamingWolf.5861

TheflamingWolf.5861

Not I ask of remove, I ask only of do so last 3-4 seconds, in way from have to use at the time correct, and punish whoever the spam.

its perfectly fine right now because boonstripping works and cc is strong but stability counters it so you either come up with boonstripping or use immobilise or chills without stability we would die so hard to cc and if you nerf boonduration we would lose a thing we would have to spec for and that should not happen also in the current state its ok because if you get cced in a zerg you are probably dead right away so without stability it would be boring gameplay where the first wins and not the creative and skilled

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

TheflamingWolf.5861

#elepocalypse

tornado = 15 sec
armor of earth= 6sec another 6sec from trait
rock solid = 2sec
also mistform is a bit similar to stability
boonduration is quite strong on ele so the 6s from earth armor become 9s if you spec for it

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

TheflamingWolf.5861

Tips nerf stability:
Duration Minimum / maximum 3 seconds accordingly… every AoE CC with a limit of 5 targets, stability takeable from combo-land and more access to this bonus for all professions. Picturing the game with these changes, I find that best both in PvE, spvp and WVW.

Let me guess you are in the hammertrain and kill too little players ?

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Stability should work like aegis and only protect against one application. It also shouldn’t be stackable. Right now it’s just way too much of a no brainer.

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

A nerf to stability would also necessitate a nerf to the 1691724982 CC skills in this game.

A nerf to stability without a nerf to CC would just help the zerg out more, as they would overwhelm a smaller group simply on sheer volume of CC.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Fungalfoot.7213

A nerf to stability without a nerf to CC would just help the zerg out more, as they would overwhelm a smaller group simply on sheer volume of CC.

From my experiences crowd control makes for the best zerg busters. Right now small groups don’t have much of a shot due to AoE caps and stability. Remove the AoE caps and nerf stability and I can promise you that zerging would suddenly become a whole lot more unappealing to the masses.

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

From my experiences crowd control makes for the best zerg busters. Right now small groups don’t have much of a shot due to AoE caps and stability. Remove the AoE caps and nerf stability and I can promise you that zerging would suddenly become a whole lot more unappealing to the masses.

If they removed the AoE cap, sure. They won’t though.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Fungalfoot.7213

If they removed the AoE cap, sure. They won’t though.

Sadly I suspect you’re right on that. I agree that nerfing stability without first addressing the elephant in the room would do very little to help the state of large scale PvP. Here’s hoping they eventually come to their senses.

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Stability makes the game too easy, limiting the player’s skill at dodging CC… not to mention that professions such as engineers, necromancer, warrior, ranger and guardian can not stall once on the ground (about to die), because enough to have stability and died.

I propose to reduce the time of stability at 2-4 seconds of basic utilities, or because they see certain traits … that activate it for 8 seconds, even when it may increase with duration boon is disheartening.

google translator.

im sure u missed thief on your list. i hear he has also a high stability uptime like necro, engi or ranger. oh and dont forget the mesmer. the master of stability.

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Nah they would just change to professions with superior ranged damage at high ranges mixed in with very heavy support and wipe you either way. Have fun fighting Rangers at LB 1800 range when your own rangers get focused.

EDIT: to those who wanna laugh at rangers.
Elite base: 20 sec stability, swiftness, fury and might stack on attack, 120 sec CD
Elite W/30% Boon duration: 26 seconds stability, swiftness, fury and might
Signet base: 8 seconds stability, 8 seconds of +25% raw damage, 48 seconds CD
Signet w/30% Boon Duration: 10.75 seconds Stability, 8 seconds of +25% raw damage

So, uhm, ya, rangers obviously suck.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

(edited by Prysin.8542)

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

tornado = 15 sec
armor of earth= 6sec another 6sec from trait
rock solid = 2sec
also mistform is a bit similar to stability
boonduration is quite strong on ele so the 6s from earth armor become 9s if you spec for it

Oh so you’re counting Elites. That is just silly seeing as its removed once you leave it. Even if you leave early the stability is removed. The MOMENT an ele goes Tornado he is a HUGE target thanks to the fact you are pretty much cannon fodder for all the range and anyone that has stability on themselves. With no added Toughness or anything you’re going to melt.

I have already stated the duration the cool down of BOTH Armor of Earth and its trait. I see you don’t mention the cool down of either, strange huh. Also Boon duration is getting nerfed, which hurts ele the most because they rely on boons to you know – not die.

Mist Form, in which you can still be affected by certain skills. Also, with a nice long cool down. Intersting as well that you have no comment about ele having the lowest health, lowest armor, highest cool downs. The stability they have is fine. It is in no way in need of fixing.

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Keep stability, lower overall time for it to maybe 3-4 seconds, give diminishing returns to CC so the more somebody is CCed, the more resistance he has to it until he’s completely immune. Give that resistance 6 seconds with each CC put on the person resetting the time it lasts, and make it so no CC can last longer than 4 seconds. That kills two birds with one stone.

You want to know WHY the stability is so abundant? Because it’s far too easy for just 2 people to knockback/knockdown/pull/fear/immobilize/daze somebody to death by locking them in it. With a diminishing returns on CC, the first CC would work, the 2nd would have a half chance of success, the 3rd time would have a 25% chance of success, and the 4th on wouldn’t work at all. It essentially destroys CC spam and makes CC more important as a strategic move more than anything, and with less CC spam, Stability is less needed so people won’t be bringing it as much.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DejaVu.9825

DejaVu.9825

Tips nerf stability:

Let me guess you are in the hammertrain and kill too little players ?

No, I just want to see a game more fair. That all the Pofessioni can use stability but can not last a lifetime, oversimplifying the game.

PS: I want to see lower CC warrior and engineer and I want to emphasize the importance of dodge in the game.

(edited by DejaVu.9825)

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Wait….what? Everyone hated on grenades and bombs till they nerf them. No we are complaining to get warrior damage nerfed. So why shouldn’t professions like the engineer have CC after you have already cried until they heavily nerfed there damage.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Thief mug your stability away,

Stability = OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Thief mug your stability away,

Mug deals damage, get your thief traits correct.

Also how does thief manage to get brought up into every discussion? Even in the ranger CDI discussion I see people kittening about how thief is unfair….

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”