Start of the *Unofficial* Ranger CDI

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tako.7894

Tako.7894

Here we go, this is the unofficial Ranger CDI!

Pleas keep the rules for posting to the official CDI in mind while posting.
:D

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

The Official Ranger CDI should start tomorrow or Friday, and we already have an unofficial Ranger thread already. (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Ranger-Balance-PvP-WvW-PvE-PvX/3479524)

in Profession Balance

Tako.7894

Wher did u get informed about the CDI being rescheduled to Friday? Could u post that to me? That would be much more interesting than posting me the announcement thread of the CDI.

in Profession Balance

Chrispy.5641

when will the CDIs approximately start? Its late here in europe and I ask myself if I should wait….

Tomorrow.

Chris

And I am pretty sure that it refers to All the new CDI’s, not just the Ranger’s.

in Profession Balance

Tako.7894

when will the CDIs approximately start? Its late here in europe and I ask myself if I should wait….

Tomorrow.

Chris

And I am pretty sure that it refers to All the new CDI’s, not just the Ranger’s.

Post the thread please.
When was the Q asked to which day is tomorrow related?

in Profession Balance

Chrispy.5641

Step 1 : I don’t need to link the thread. Click on Chris Whiteside’s Name.
Step 2 : Read that thread it links you to. The Question was asked earlier today, and Chris also answered the question earlier today (about 9 hours ago).
Step 3 : Appologize to your great and powerful overlord Chrispy for being wrong and wasting his time.(optional)[also, not serious]{also, sarcasm}|Maybe boredom too|

in Profession Balance

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Check the Dev Tracker… It got pushed to next Monday @ 12:00 PST

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Stop making these threads. You’re going to get people confused. CDI TOPICS WILL BE CREATED MONDAY. Check the dev tracker.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Wonder what keeps delaying them?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Touche Amore.2083

Touche Amore.2083

Wasn’t this supposed to happen Monday or Tuesday originally?
If it was about any other specific class I’m sure it would’ve been addressed by now.

I bet Anet dreads Ranger discussion/patchwork etc….. they know its broken af

in Profession Balance

thefantasticg.3984

Only Devs create the actual CDI topics. Everybody knows that which is why no one is jumping on these fake CDI threads.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Only Devs create the actual CDI topics. Everybody knows that which is why no one is jumping on these fake CDI threads.

By that logic we should all forget about there ever being a proper Dev created CDI for rangers since this one’s already been postponed twice.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Format-Proposal/page/3#post3666312

My understanding is I think this week has been pretty busy for them/some people have been away, and they just want to give this it’s full attention

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

saying specifically what it is, might constitute a breach of their recent & more strict “allowable speech” terms of service towards forum access. It’s not because Ranger is largely seen as one of their biggest follies and they simply need more time to prepare…

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aioros.4862

Aioros.4862

They weren’t expecting to have to start with rangers and panicked? :P

in Profession Balance

thefantasticg.3984

Pretty much. I think they were expecting to get Warrior’s or Engi’s or Ele’s.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

They are probably considering if they should split the topic or not (ie: traits+class mechanic+utility+weapons)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lobo.1296

Lobo.1296

I’m happy that it’s delayed. Gives me hope that it’s going to be productive.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I dont think we will get a CDI, i think they expected us to vote for ele or something

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I dont think we will get a CDI, i think they expected us to vote for ele or something

It was, a developer tallied around halfway through that Eles were in first and rangers in second. And that was when a ridiculous amount of rangers started spamming the thread and even double or triple posting to cheat the votes. Really not the best way to represent yourselves to the community guys…

EDIT: My mistake, he noted that they were about tied up to that point. Still doesn’t excuse seventeen pages of rabid fanaticism or trying to doctor the votes.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I do not know about any of that because i did not even vote. However, the problem with the Elementalist is just a balance one, but the problem of the Ranger is that the classes mechanic does not work properly, and a lot of the utilities and traits are a mess.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

As an elementalist. Balancing everything else would probably be a good start to fixing ele. Anet needs to start making ‘regular’ updates to balance so we actually start to feel some change.

So far, I don’t have much to look forward to as ele and hiding patch notes from the community (set in stone or not) is just bad practice IMO. Community input is not worth much if we aren’t able to input on what changes are made until after Anet has already made a sometimes or even often drastic change.