Stop balansing tro PVP evrything STOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

seriously now nerfing war and thief and all that kitten when i dont even wanna touch the stupid pvp game, system in this game pls arena net separate the skills for pve and pvp so i don’t have to suffer cuz of minority of players let pve skills be better like conditions u basically killed Necroes im so close to snap and stop play this is major disappointment

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Have I missed something, or…?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

All is Vain.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

There’s more to nerfing and buffing, like complaints and class performance. Hopefully you are not having self-centric rage, without awareness about thousands other players concerns and performance…

PvE is pretty much in need of update, buffing classes doesn’t fix the hole created by group content that doesn’t encourage group effort.

Since majority PvE content is designed to be easy in mind, a bad mistake in game design.
ANet should update old GROUP content, so that full-berserker-teams, corner-exploiting and other unfair practices becomes impossible to abuse.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Wait wait wait…you think they’re actually balancing based on PvP? The PvP community laughs at that assertion.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

The new updates all are needed and well done, these last 4 preview up dates IMO are the most well balance ones yet, only thing I really fear is that LB ranger might be OP in pvp.

SAB or RIOT

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

full-berserker-teams, corner-exploiting and other unfair practices becomes impossible to abuse.*

Jesus Christ, my sides.

Go home everyone. Line of sighting and efficiency are exploits.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

…….

ANet should update old GROUP content, so that full-berserker-teams, corner-exploiting and other unfair practices becomes impossible to abuse.

You seem to think that a full zerk team should not be allowed and against game design, what happened to play how I want?

Not sure what corner-exploiting you are referring to. If you are referring to an actual exploit, it will be fixed as soon as possible. If you are just referring to stacking in a corner in general, that is not an exploit..

On the unfair practices, again not sure what you are referring too on this one and have no point of reference, perhaps you could state something that would frame that thought better.

I have to wonder if the people that are so opposed to the zerk meta, are opposed to it because they want to stack full defense or healing, and still feel like they are an integral part of their group, that they are needed and wanted. How about instead of trying to drastically change the pve in this game so that classes, builds, or whatever is required to complete content, you run what you want to run, and let those of us run what we want to run. If you have to feel needed by your group with going in a healing or tanking build, perhaps this isn’t the game for you? This was a game that was made so that any class/build can be used to complete content, and it accomplishes that. If you can think of a better way to do group based content so that anyone can do it regardless of their build or group comp, then please share. But the thing is that any content that can be completed by any group, regardless of build or comp, can be done faster by full glass cannon builds.

Edit: To OP, they have stated that they are not going to be separating pvp, wvw, or pve. They have said that they might separate a few skills, but their general goal is to have all classes feel the same across the board regardless of game mode

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

full-berserker-teams, corner-exploiting and other unfair practices becomes impossible to abuse.*

Jesus Christ, my sides.

You do know that OLD GROUP CONTENT is mostly plagued by mobs that don’t make Support, CC or condition builds viable over full berserkers…

Only the newer content offer use for the least used builds, especially the Mordrem, give a good challenge that is not too hard.

Bad design indeed, when aim was to give easy content for casual gaming.

Of course, it won’t extent over solo content, since that’s where you don’t need team effort, as you’re alone…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Jesus Christ, my sides.

FGS says Hi. If rushing into the corner isn’t an exploit then I REALLY don’t know what is.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Wait wait wait…you think they’re actually balancing based on PvP? The PvP community laughs at that assertion.

The rest of the player community laughs at the assertion that they don’t balance around sPvP. Need you forget the unneeded nerfs to Ranger pets across the board last year just because they were strong in sPvP. <_<

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Jesus Christ, my sides.

I use LoS in Pvp on real players, the real players walk around the corner to come get me..

So…. how is LoS an exploit if real ppl do it and AI does it?

If anet wanted AI to NOT stand in AoE, they would configured them to run out of aoe.

SAB or RIOT

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Jesus Christ, my sides.

FGS says Hi. If rushing into the corner isn’t an exploit then I REALLY don’t know what is.

If it were an exploit, it would of been fixed like teleporting with it was.

edit:

Well Shanks, they DID say when announce the change to Fiery Rush to stop immediately when a teleport skill is used, that they wanted to fix using it into a wall as well. It was in one of the Ready Up episodes. So maybe this next update will be the time for that.

Didn’t watch that, thanks for the info. You know, at this pace, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was on the chopping block. +1

(edited by Shanks.2907)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Well Shanks, they DID say when announce the change to Fiery Rush to stop immediately when a teleport skill is used, that they wanted to fix using it into a wall as well. It was in one of the Ready Up episodes. So maybe this next update will be the time for that.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Lets be honest, until they nerf FGS/FB it doesn’t matter what they do to Warrior or Thief weapons, since they’ll just be carrying an FGS anyway.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

LOL A-net balancing around PvP? The thing that gets neglected for months on end only to preview some snippets of changes leading up to a patch which are for all aspects of the game? Yeah sure.

Frankly I dunno what the problem is, Unless your a s/d thief you have nothing to complain about (and even then S/D shouldn’t be complaining anyways) War got mostly buffs aside from some adrenaline nerfs and then making it so you can’t be mindless with the lower in take and usage.

Does it even matter tho? PvE is to easy for any of this. Aside from high end fractals you can sleep walk most dungeons in a decent time with a 5 man group of virtually any composition besides having more than one Ranger or Mesmer. As for world bosses, a nerf or buff to a class wont make a large difference if everyone is doing what actually needs to be done.

For WvW which was never supposed to be balanced in the first place, the balance changes are similar in effect to PvP, so small skirmishes take more notice to them than a zerg. But these changes don’t hurt WvW that much other than the individual has to think more before acting as opposed to just being carried by low risk.

I personally believe A-net should balance for PvP since it actually matters more than corner stack n smack cleave, or zerging around. But nooo they actually try to make it so that every part of the game is a giant glob of balancedness, so we get changes every 4 months or something like that. There is no way balance takes that long if they were just balancing for PvP.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

The problem is not line of sight corner fgs zerker exploit abuse or whatever. People are running dungeon for money, not because it’s fun. There’s pretty much nothing to get gold as efficient and easy as running dungeons except a few opportunities here and there (foxfire atm). Playing TP and MF gambling are risky and you need a good amount of gold to get started.
What anet needs to do is introducing more account bound items from specific areas/activities for legendaries and making difficult (wipe = game over is a good start) and rewarding group content.
Also a nerf to FGS is needed, zerker gear is completely safe for most encounters because most bosses die too fast to be a threat.

in Profession Balance

NewTrain.7549

The rest of the player community laughs at the assertion that they don’t balance around sPvP. Need you forget the unneeded nerfs to Ranger pets across the board last year just because they were strong in sPvP. <_<

No, they really don’t laugh at that. Anyone who has spend more than 10 minutes in sPvP knows that ANet doesn’t balance around it. Trying to claim that they do is completely ridiculous.

in Profession Balance

Bhawb.7408

You can argue all you want about whether the game is balanced or not, but 99% of balance decisions are made with sPvP in mind.

My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

RyuDragnier.9476

No, they really don’t laugh at that. Anyone who has spend more than 10 minutes in sPvP knows that ANet doesn’t balance around it. Trying to claim that they do is completely ridiculous.

Builds and skills are balanced around sPvP, this has been obvious to many for a long time. There was no other justification for nerfing several moves across the board, when the moves were not OP or broken in WvW or PvE, but were in sPvP. If you can’t see this with the knowledge in your face, then you sir, are blind as a dredge.

[hS]

in Profession Balance

NewTrain.7549

Builds and skills are balanced around sPvP, this has been obvious to many for a long time. There was no other justification for nerfing several moves across the board, when the moves were not OP or broken in WvW or PvE, but were in sPvP. If you can’t see this with the knowledge in your face, then you sir, are blind as a dredge.

If you want to delude yourself into thinking that, by all means go ahead. It won’t make it true.

Ask yourself what kind of PvP-centric balancing sees months in between updates.

You can argue all you want about whether the game is balanced or not, but 99% of balance decisions are made with sPvP in mind.

I’m sure you checked the Big Spreadsheet of Guild Wars 2 Balance Change Rationales in order to come up with the number. Excuse me while I check the Big Spreadsheet of Fabricated Statistics to see if you’re correct.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Feel free to point out the pve balance changes then? You know, because flanking strike/larcenous strike are used heavily in pve, the exclusive PvP changes to whirling axe, the choking gas change which thieves use all the time in pve and the might on axe attacks is clearly going to push rangers in to the pve meta. Sure, the changes suck, but don’t fool yourself in to thinking anet don’t balance around PvP, they almost exclusively balance around it, with complete disregard to whether the changes will be detrimental to pve because they quite simply don’t care about it.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

Jesus Christ, my sides.

I use LoS in Pvp on real players, the real players walk around the corner to come get me..

So…. how is LoS an exploit if real ppl do it and AI does it?

If anet wanted AI to NOT stand in AoE, they would configured them to run out of aoe.

You didn’t get the sarcasm. It’s okay. I’m saying it’s ridiculous when people call corner-stacking the AI by LoSing an exploit. That’s all.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

So…..the balance between Spvp is usually seperated from the rest of the game

( see thief reveal time and CnD damage)

If they wanted to balance the entire game from pvp..
They wouldn’t bother changing this system to be separate like it is.

It’s cute though that people still lean on the scape goat of “pvp got us nerfed”

The devs balanced the entire game according to the entire game.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Profession Balance

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, we all know Dhuumfire was nerfed because all those PvE mobs were complaining about the burning. Corrupt Boon definitely took the hit because it was just destroying mobs. Terror? Had to be nerfed so we couldn’t chain fear those poor AIs.

Do you all actually think when you post this crap? Or does it just kind of dribble-out?

My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

And instead the game should be balanced around making sure every class can stack and speed run a dungeon the same? I think PvP is a match better balancing ground in a competitive game mode, rather than making sure each class finishes there dungeon within 20 seconds of each other.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

And instead the game should be balanced around making sure every class can stack and speed run a dungeon the same? I think PvP is a match better balancing ground in a competitive game mode, rather than making sure each class finishes there dungeon within 20 seconds of each other.

I agree with this, however I think PvE should be worked on, so it plays more like PvP. PvE is way too easy and cheesy but it would cost a lot of resources to make sufficient changes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Yeah, we all know Dhuumfire was nerfed because all those PvE mobs were complaining about the burning. Corrupt Boon definitely took the hit because it was just destroying mobs. Terror? Had to be nerfed so we couldn’t chain fear those poor AIs.

Do you all actually think when you post this crap? Or does it just kind of dribble-out?

Oh Oh..
You forgot the
Porting with FGS
The nerf to Portal LoS
The nerf to mesmer trait Deceptive Evasion
The nerf to mesmer clones
The nerf to warrior healing signet
The nerf to crit damage
The nerf to Thief off-hand dagger
The nerf to blind spam
The nerf to Guardian spirit weapons

Because none of those had anything to do with the game in general.

I mean Spirit weapon guardians were soooooooo OP in Pvp until they were nerfed.
Oh and dont even get me started on the nerf to ranger pets across the board.
Because everyone in PvP ran ranger then too.

Yes.
Those were all pvp nerfs.

They even made pvp better .
/s

Point 2.
What in PvE is challenging that any change to this game is going to effect the zerk speed clear meta?

NOTHING

I mean seriously?
Condi necro?
What does it even do for groups when they have a warrior,guardian, and a ele?

I mean please tell me what content available right now punishes people with zerk?

They already tried with the change to crit damage.
We all know how challenging the content got all of a sudden.

Point 3
The changes to thief wont really effect skilled thieves- it only effects the thief blind spam in a corner.
The change to warrior will effect everyone who spammed moves. I mean, we all know how OP greatsword is in pvp right?
I mean no one is running hambow anymore.

And offhand Axe was exclusively a pvp change. Because no one ran with a shield.
And Condi warriors in PvE really really needed that torment.
Because warriors actually run condi for dungeons in this game

Such hard content
Much change

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

It is obvious that the try to balance around all game types. The problem is that they have a different understanding about balance than the most in the forums including me…

And that they seem to not like spliting skills/traits up for the different game types pve/wvw/spvp…

in Profession Balance

RyuDragnier.9476

And that they seem to not like spliting skills/traits up for the different game types pve/wvw/spvp…

Sad part is that it’s really only sPvP that needs to be balanced separately. If a move is useful in WvW, it’s usually useful in fractals and dungeons.

[hS]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

All is Vain.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.