Suggestion: Easy Swap Between Alt Weapon Sets

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Allow us to easily swap between multiple weapon sets while out-of-combat. (In Guild Wars 1, we could do this by pressing F1-F2-F3-F4; in GW2, we can only change sets manually, through the equipment or inventory panels.)

Typically, a lot of people use 3-4 sets of weapons:

1. For running. Includes more speed bursts or distractions for foes along the way.
  2. For quick combat. Something to get the job done quickly, when the risk is low.
  3. Farming and (some) world boss events: something with the ideal autoattack for the situation.
  4. Special circumstances. A few skills that work great in one situation, but not another.

Right now, it’s tedious to switch repeatedly, especially when you have collected other, similar weapons along the way. Sure, some people would use this to add a few more slots to inventory, but in the long run, it’s not going to slow down the demand for runes of holding, extra bag slots, or storage toons.

Ideally, you could cycle each set (for the six professions that can run two during combat) via a key, but it would also be okay to go into the hero panel to swap; that would still be easier than the manual situation we have now.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Would like hotkeys for more than just sets of weapons, but entire sets of gear. I’d use this specifically for switching to a Gotta Go Fast spread, and Centaur runes make Gotta Go Fast so much better.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Op,

Guild Wars never incorporated a control and punishing system for swapping weapons.

Not only Guild Wars 2 has implemented this controling and punishing system in skills, and utilities, they also included it on swapping weapons: which i find very Ridiculous and Unfair to begin with.

Why add cool downs to skills, and utilities and than add cool downs to swapping weapons.

and….

30 seconds cool down for swapping rangers pets?

seriously??

Example: it’s like getting a ticket for speeding and getting another ticket for driving the car?

Seriously,

what is wrong with this picture?

Instead of giving the players the Freedom of Controlling their Fate, Destiny and their Survival, they are are reminded that they are being controlled and enslaved by a tyrannic, unjust and unfair system.

By the way,

Arena.net has already hard-coded this system in the system,

If you want the truth, here’s the Truth

If you want an easy weapon swapping game and mmo with no cool downs, you will not find it here.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

You gonna get both tickets if you don’t got the proper paper work ya dig?

Fishsticks

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Its to great for stealth class´s that can just pop ooc at will so no thx.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Its to great for stealth class´s that can just pop ooc at will so no thx.

Perhaps I didn’t explain my suggestions well. The functionality to do this in already in the game. It’s already possible to swap weapons quickly out-of-combat. Those who are quick to move their mouse can do this easily, if they lose aggro while stealthed. Heck, even I can do it.

But for the vast majority of us, it’s horribly tedious to swap sets out of combat. I’d like it to be less cumbersome than it is now.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”