TY For making Hambow Stronger :D!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

So how did anyone think buffing superior sigil of paralyzation was a good idea? Guess hambows are here to stay…. Still tanky, and the nerf to merciless hammer is easily made up for with the new sigil slot and superior sigil of force.

Great job… as usual.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Profession Balance

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

ANet balancing skillz as usual.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

An additional 15% of a 2 second base stun puts you at an additional .3 seconds of stun.

Coupled with the reduction of Merciless Hammer from 25% to 20% damage increase while disabled, which works against Sigil of Force (if they choose to use that over SIgil of Fire or something).

#hugebuffs #ignoringpindownchanges #complaintsfordays

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

That would be true. If there wasn’t a nerf across the classes with the new ferocity stat.

Anyways it’s rather funny because that sigil was nerfed. Looks like they are bringing it back. Hambows aren’t here to stay. Because with the nerf from ferocity coupled with the nerf to Merciless Hammer. I can safely say that Hambow warriors have been shot down.

(Not to mention the nerfs to longbow as well)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I guess lyssa nerf, arcing arrow, pin down, merc hammer, healing signet etc don’t count. Warriors are easier to take down while still being effective at wha they’re built for. Only thing that needs a nerf now is the size of longbow F1, other than that, hambow is fine without being worthless. Stun also only applies to the f1, not knock downs.

(FYI, I don’t play warrior.)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

On a similar note, gotta love those decap engi supply crate bubbles of doom..

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

Let’s not forget they nerfed a lot of the poison output which benefits regen warriors as well.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Sigil of Paralyzation works on one ability on the entire Hambow build. It adds an additional 0.6s of Stun to a Maximum Adrenaline Earthshaker. It adds 0.45 at Rank 2 Adrenaline and a piddling 0.3s at Rank 1.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

What build this REALLY helped was Skullcracker. Now Skull Crack + 100b lets you hit the full attack instead of missing the final attack (which hits for much harder than the other attacks).

In a way, they did promote more build diversity because while it’s single target it’s hard to overlook a 3.9 second stun. It also helps Shield Bash a bit as well.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

We eles are immune to crits while in earth attunements with the new trait so we can run around longer helplessly before dying to a thief or warrior.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

We eles are immune to crits while in earth attunements with the new trait so we can run around longer helplessly before dying to a thief or warrior.

Don’t forget now being able to cleanse that signet of spite before having all of your boons corrupted and dying a relatively slow death!

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Thanks to the zerker and poison nerfs they’ve also made healing signet even more potent.

I think it’s safe to say they have no idea what the kitten they’re doing.

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

@Burr: Not to be “that guy”, but I feel like the last build that needed help from a “fun” counter-play perspective is Skull Crack -> 100B. But you’re right, that’s really the build that was assisted most.

@Xilllix: I’ve seen plenty of really good Eles recently that do anything but run around helplessly before dying. Perhaps you’re doing something wrong?

Thanks to the zerker and poison nerfs they’ve also made healing signet even more potent.

They made HS even more potent by dropping its effectiveness by 8%.

And which poison nerfs? Hilariously, you’re talking about Choking Gas on Thief’s shortbow and Engi’s Poison Grenade, which reduced the poison per pulse of each from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

I’ll take “Using Exaggerations Out of Context” for $1000, Alex.

(edited by Cogbyrn.7283)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Hambow got worse, despite running double sigils. Merciless Hammer got nerfed, Arcing Arrow got nerfed, Bursting Momentum got nerfed, Pindown is easier to dodge, Lyssa got nerfed, Healing Signet got nerfed.

More classes can run double sigils on each weapon so that isn’t necessarily a buff in the context of other classes.

Skullcracker build got nerfed pretty heavy, especially as an sPvP build. Even with the paralyzation buff it is still a relatively balanced build because it does have major counters.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Spec main problem is that look stupid and everybody know that you are total noob.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

@ Cogbyrn I just can’t help myself when it comes to Skullcracker since it’s my favorite build in the game. The use of the Reflect trait makes it hilarious to watch missile users kill themselves and Pommel Bash is crazy deadly if used on the right skills (heals).

I’ll also admit it makes me excited because Skullcracker was the most successful build I ever posted. I know I wasn’t the first to come up with it but it was posted right after the series of buffs when it became the answer to condi Necros.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

It’s a good, strong pressure build, and the change to Skull Crack makes it much less the terror that it once was. I think it has a place in the game, but anything that buffs a long-duration stun into high-damage channeled abilities is suspect in my opinion. Same could be said if they buff a fear-duration Sigil or something along those lines.

I don’t think it’ll be a big deal regardless. I’ve seen plenty of bad M+Sh/GS Warriors to understand that the build doesn’t play itself, and an extra .45 seconds on the stun isn’t going to be what kills me if I lose to it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

And they nerfed the skill required gs/lb skill to hell, good job anet, good job, hambow everyone

in Profession Balance

Xillllix.3485

@Xilllix: I’ve seen plenty of really good Eles recently that do anything but run around helplessly before dying. Perhaps you’re doing something wrong?

lol no I’m not doing anything wrong, I’m speaking post-patch:
With a 50% crit reduction on celestial gear and divinity rune nerf wtf can you do in 1 vs 1 until your entirely re-geared? Most eles run celestial gear and got a 40% damage nerf. Damage is was the best defence we had.

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

With a 50% crit reduction on celestial gear and divinity rune nerf wtf can you do in 1 vs 1 until your entirely re-geared? Most eles run celestial gear and got a 40% damage nerf. Damage is was the best defence we had.

Show me your math. How does a 50% crit damage reduction on your paper doll result in a 40% damage nerf, exactly?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

@Burr: Not to be “that guy”, but I feel like the last build that needed help from a “fun” counter-play perspective is Skull Crack -> 100B. But you’re right, that’s really the build that was assisted most.

They made HS even more potent by dropping its effectiveness by 8%.

And which poison nerfs? Hilariously, you’re talking about Choking Gas on Thief’s shortbow and Engi’s Poison Grenade, which reduced the poison per pulse of each from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

I’ll take “Using Exaggerations Out of Context” for $1000, Alex.

I’ll take the time to post since you have no idea of how balancing works.

Crit damage nerfs -> People do less damage
People doing less damage -> Sustain and Effective HP becomes higher.

Just because it’s not explicitly stated in the notes doesn’t mean it isn’t true. Changes of this caliber usually have a lot of indirect consequences that while they might seem hard to notice, they’re significant at the same time.

I don’t think the 8% nerf makes up for the 30% nerf in WvW environments. Don’t you think so?

An example so you can understand.

Say a tanky class has 30000 hp and regenerates 30000 hp every 20 seconds. And a bursty class can do 30000 hp damage in 18 seconds on average.

Now the bursty class can only do 21000 damage in 18 seconds, while the tanky class still has the hp value (30000) and damage mitigation untouched, and now regenerates 27600 hp down from 30000. Of course the numbers change but you get the general idea.

It is much harder to reliably outlast any kind of sustain and especially beat tanky builds. Of course it goes the same way against power enemy builds too because they also do less damage, but what happens when you face a condi guy…? I digress, but you can see how much this indirect change affects balance in a negative way. It is bigger than you can imagine.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

I don’t think the 8% nerf makes up for the 30% nerf in WvW environments. Don’t you think so?

You must have missed all of the posts from several people, including myself, that do the actual math and demonstrate that the 30% number is more like 12%.

If you want to come at me, at least spend 60 seconds doing a bit of math before leaping to your incorrect conclusions.

Also, I get it. If you reduce the amount of potential damage by more than the amount of HP/s, you inadvertently buff HP/s. Except direct damage/crit builds aren’t the only damaging builds. HS takes the 8% hit against condition builds, still.

And the numbers you presented basically everywhere are so blown out of proportion in support of sustain that it’s difficult for me to get what you’re saying from what you’re saying. I already know how changes interact. When you say damage loses 30% effectiveness and a Warrior tank can have 1500 HP/s sustained, I want nothing more than to just correct you for being so skewed. Especially when your estimate for damage is completely reasonable.

I don’t know, I feel like I was the only one who never had much of an issue against Healing Signet anyway,

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

1500hp/s on warrior? Whatever you guys smoked to find that number, share some, i want it!

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

You must have missed all of the posts from several people, including myself, that do the actual math and demonstrate that the 30% number is more like 12%.

If you want to come at me, at least spend 60 seconds doing a bit of math before leaping to your incorrect conclusions.

Also, I get it. If you reduce the amount of potential damage by more than the amount of HP/s, you inadvertently buff HP/s. Except direct damage/crit builds aren’t the only damaging builds. HS takes the 8% hit against condition builds, still.

And the numbers you presented basically everywhere are so blown out of proportion in support of sustain that it’s difficult for me to get what you’re saying from what you’re saying. I already know how changes interact. When you say damage loses 30% effectiveness and a Warrior tank can have 1500 HP/s sustained, I want nothing more than to just correct you for being so skewed. Especially when your estimate for damage is completely reasonable.

I don’t know, I feel like I was the only one who never had much of an issue against Healing Signet anyway,

12% over how much time though? For all the PVT keyboard warriors bringing up the non-crit hits to the table.

Because a % damage reduction can be perceived accurately when you take into account the time it took to kill somebody. A 5 seconds five-hit 100-0 burst won’t take an extra 0.5 seconds after this nerf, I can tell you that much. Also the more precision the person has, the more obvious the reduction is. What about those that have Assassin stats with almost 90% crit chance with fury? Is it also a “10% nerf” for them?

There are many factors in the table, and I find it laughable how so many people shield themselves with the “non crit hits” argument.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

A 12% damage reduction assuming 100% crit chance.

I had 100% paper doll crit chance, which is a 250% damage hit from the base damage.

I lost 30% off of that to 70%. Now I’m at a 220% damage hit from the base damage. Note that base damage didn’t change with the patch.

A 220% damage hit is 220/250 = .88 = 88% of the damage of a 250% damage hit.

So if I only ever crit, I’m doing 12% less damage than I was. If you take # of hits into account for a situation like mine, where I Life Blast for multiple thousand, there are tiny windows where I’ll need to cast 1 additional LB made smaller by the inclusion of Sigil of Air and Fire with the patch.

Taking my actual crit into account and looking at the fact that I’m not always LBing and my DS crit rate is 85%, my damage reduction is around, WAIT FOR IT….

10%.

In Cavalier Armor/Zerker weaps and accessories/30 points in Soul Reaping (for crit dmg). I’m loading up on everything possible to get as much crit damage as possible, so I’m a prime candidate to feel this as strongly as possible in WvW.

So yeah. I find it laughable how other people shield themselves in ignorance and don’t try looking at the numbers before spouting them.

in Profession Balance

Xillllix.3485

Show me your math. How does a 50% crit damage reduction on your paper doll result in a 40% damage nerf, exactly?

Beyond the 12% base nerf and ignoring non-crits, celestial gear was hit by 50% crit reduction, divinity runes by another equivalent ratio. For someone that had a full ascended celestial armor with divinity runes it’s a direct 40-50% nerf to crits on those. Depending on the trinkets it’s a 30% to 50% nerf to total crit damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

I got hit with a skullcrack of the ages today. I thought sigil of paralyzation was nerfed for a reason

in Profession Balance

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

I got hit with a skullcrack of the ages today. I thought sigil of paralyzation was nerfed for a reason

I watched you and teldo play together earlier, it brightened my day. I’m gonna follow your stream for sure!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

They nerfed healing signet by 8%!
+ They nerfed overall damage by 10%!
= They buffed healing signet by ~2%!

Math is great.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Math is great.

I have no idea how people are deluding themselves into thinking this.

Damage was not significantly nerfed in PvP.

You’re completely ignoring condition damage not being affected by any nerf.

I’m not sure how shuttered your eyes have to be to believe they buffed Healing Signet.

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

! You ignored condition damage!

Math is great.

Critical Thinking is great.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Math is great.

He also ignored that crit damage was untouched in sPVP.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

Math is great.

He also ignored that crit damage was untouched in sPVP.

He sure did, but I wanted to feed the logic in slowly.

If you shower people with water gently on a hot day, they’ll potentially smile and take it in. If you drop a downpour on them, they’ll act offended and run for shelter.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

You’re completely ignoring condition damage …

You’re right. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Stance

By the way, I’m not really arguing about anything.

(edited by LunarNacht.8913)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

*! You ignored condition damage!*
! Which would also means every other heal was buffed by 10%!

Math is great.

Logic too pro

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

You’re completely ignoring condition damage …

You’re right. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Stance

By the way, I’m not really arguing about anything.

Warriors had that before the HS 8% reduction, and it didn’t change.

You aren’t arguing about anything, but in case anyone tries to jump behind your sentiment, it’s still a Healing Signet nerf.