The God of Guild Wars getting Balanced ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

AH guardian is the meta in WvW
A similar bunker guardian is the only thing in top Tpvp
Beserker guardian using neither AH or MF is the go in pve

So let’s nerf Meds

Maybe I am missing something.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

So let’s nerf Meds

nope.

the problem here specifically is the Valor traitline. it’s the most ridiculous traitline in the game right now bar none.

every other profession in the game has to make sacrifices, choices, and invest heavily in multiple traitlines to do well, that’s why every single meta build has 6 points in two traitlines and 2 points in one traitline or 6 points in one traitline and 4 in two other traitlines.

meditation guardian on the other hand can just invest in Valor, and then throw points around to wherever it wants. it is the only build i know of that only puts 1 point into a traitline, and it does this twice, just for the adept minor trait.

you don’t have to make any more investments for better offensive stats
you don’t have to make any more investments for better defensive stats
you don’t have to make any more investments for utility
as long as you have 6 in Valor, you’re mostly set; you can freely invest points unlike any other profession.

ferocity and toughness together is absolutely stupid. ferocity and toughness together on a traitline that offers very strong offensive/defensive utility is blindingly stupid.

imagine if thief’s Shadow Arts had ferocity instead of healing power.
or warrior’s Defense having ferocity instead of healing power.
or mesmer’s Chaos having ferocity instead of boon duration.
etc.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

So let’s nerf Meds

nope.

the problem here specifically is the Valor traitline. it’s the most ridiculous traitline in the game right now bar none.

every other profession in the game has to make sacrifices, choices, and invest heavily in multiple traitlines to do well, that’s why every single meta build has 6 points in two traitlines and 2 points in one traitline or 6 points in one traitline and 4 in two other traitlines.

meditation guardian on the other hand can just invest in Valor, and then throw points around to wherever it wants. it is the only build i know of that only puts 1 point into a traitline, and it does this twice, just for the adept minor trait.

you don’t have to make any more investments for better offensive stats
you don’t have to make any more investments for better defensive stats
you don’t have to make any more investments for utility
as long as you have 6 in Valor, you’re mostly set; you can freely invest points unlike any other profession.

ferocity and toughness together is absolutely stupid. ferocity and toughness together on a traitline that offers very strong offensive/defensive utility is blindingly stupid.

imagine if thief’s Shadow Arts had ferocity instead of healing power.
or warrior’s Defense having ferocity instead of healing power.
or mesmer’s Chaos having ferocity instead of boon duration.
etc.

Go play a guardian in something other than open world leveling, then let me know if you still think that valor is the strongest thing ever or if it is the only thing guardians have to be viable and there is nothing else left to trait into. In turn making them a pigeon holed one trick pony with no build diversity.

Anyone can post a pic of a level 80 headshot, but it does not show your true experiences playing that character.

If you look at the play areas of guardians they are used in pve dungeons for reflects/blocks, valor is not used, survival is not needed.

WvW, guardians are used for stability and to contribute to condition cleansing. Valor is used with AH because of needs of survival.

SPvP, guardians have traditionally played as bunker because of a de-evolution of reasons, many player generated and not always based on fact.

First it was because they were advertised as “tanky support”, but then we realized there is no real tanking in this game. Still People continued to build survival on guard, as dps was not as effective.

Then guards were touted as superior support for team fights, condition cleansing and stability again, but they are often too slow for proper roaming, and still built for tanky survival.

In one of the spvp competitions, the announcers could only explain how “irritating” the guardian is and how the job is to be a nuisance to the other team. Not really effective in doing much but to try to keep the real fighters up and active. They still herald guards as mandatory in any high level team.

Now we have today, people are letting go of the “we need a guard” mentality and trying other things, and still being successful. I guess this is good for the game as you should never “need” a class, but it was the player perception that really makes the meta, and it is the not always fully factual ideas and group think that made the guardian “mandatory”.

Some groups are starting to think of the guard as less effective now, and we are seeing a lot more medi guards, because they are trying to scramble to be useful.

In that same competition broadcast, there was a medi guard and the announcers just laughed at him…..yay…..

There has traditionally been a hate of “paladin” archetypes in gamers of both table top and video games and highly reiterated in MMOs. Again, sometimes biases fill in the blanks and encourage a way of thinking that is not always logical.

(edited by CMF.5461)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

Go play a guardian in something other than open world leveling, then let me know if you still think that valor is the strongest thing ever or if it is the only thing guardians have to be viable and there is nothing else left to trait into. In turn making them a pigeon holed one trick pony with no build diversity.

Anyone can post a pic of a level 80 headshot, but it does not show your true experiences playing that character.

If you look at the play areas of guardians they are used in pve dungeons for reflects/blocks, valor is not used, survival is not needed.

WvW, guardians are used for stability and to contribute to condition cleansing. Valor is used with AH because of needs of survival.

SPvP, guardians have traditionally played as bunker because of a de-evolution of reasons, many player generated and not always based on fact.

First it was because they were advertised as “tanky support”, but then we realized there is no real tanking in this game. Still People continued to build survival on guard, as dps was not as effective.

Then guards were touted as superior support for team fights, condition cleansing and stability again, but they are often too slow for proper roaming, and still built for tanky survival.

In one of the spvp competitions, the announcers could only explain how “irritating” the guardian is and how the job is to be a nuisance to the other team. Not really effective in doing much but to try to keep the real fighters up and active. They still herald guards as mandatory in any high level team.

Now we have today, people are letting go of the “we need a guard” mentality and trying other things, and still being successful. I guess this is good for the game as you should never “need” a class, but it was the player perception that really makes the meta, and it is the not always fully factual ideas and group think that made the guardian “mandatory”.

Some groups are starting to think of the guard as less effective now, and we are seeing a lot more medi guards, because they are trying to scramble to be useful.

In that same competition broadcast, there was a medi guard and the announcers just laughed at him…..yay…..

There has traditionally been a hate of “paladin” archetypes in gamers of both table top and video games and highly reiterated in MMOs. Again, sometimes biases fill in the blanks and encourage a way of thinking that is not always logical.

you don’t actually address my argument at all, instead you (unnecessarily) explain the history of guardian as a whole despite the fact i am specifically discussing meditation guardian, something i mentioned repeatedly throughout this thread. and i don’t know what you’re talking about with the casters, whenever most casters see a meditation guardian they compliment them, Blu for example has said that it’s (one of) his favorite build(s) multiple times during event broadcasts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

“valor … is the strongest thing ever or if it is the only thing guardians have to be viable and there is nothing else left to trait into. In turn making them a pigeon holed one trick pony with no build diversity.”

Ok so, guardian has to spend 6 points into valor and that kills build diversity. Nice. Want to talk about how warriors are forced to spend 3 in discipline, 4 in defense AND equip a longbow on swap to be anywhere near viable?