The OverPowered Warrior Experiment

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i wanna see somebody else join theif…..play full zerk…. show that they have 0 experience in thief …… and then score in the top kills top defense top offensive ranks in spvp on first try.

try ranger. try engineer. 0 experience. that means no lvl 80s. and 0 tries in spvp .

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Introp.8465

Introp.8465

i wanna see somebody else join theif…..play full zerk…. show that they have 0 experience in thief …… and then score in the top kills top defense top offensive ranks in spvp on first try.

try ranger. try engineer. 0 experience. that means no lvl 80s. and 0 tries in spvp .

Why would anyone do that?
1. You failed to prove anything you said
2. You claim warriors are op, do you see other people in this thread claiming other classes are op?
3. Even your game you uploaded to youtube is not first, its minimum 4th as you claim. You can have countless practice on dummies/watching guides
4. If you have knowledge about other classes, you will do more than fine in pvp against new players, because you are bringing knowledge into a fight ( but in your video you evaded attacks 0 times, proves that you are complete noob not only on war but on any class)
5. You still hold on on those “top” stats? said 10 times, you got them for tagging. You didnt even have a clue that rank is shared in spvp, you have no clue how spvp works to begin with, maybe thats why you cant grasp of glory award system.
6. Just give up troll

Never played ranger, googling for 5s – a guide. http://intothemists.com/guides/2298-spirit_ranger_for_scrubs
You think i would do bad after reading that? on a fresh account if paired with rabbits rank like yours i would probably roll over 90% of people just with my knowledge.
(yet in your video you did absolutely no damage to enemies, nor killed anyone in even matches, im repeating myself because you cant read at your young age)

(edited by Introp.8465)

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

i proved i have 0 experience

i scored best offense/defense/kills on my first try

i scored 2nd place in points…only 20 behind first

i did well considering 0 experience. id actually rate self at slightly above average.

this all goes towards the fact that warriors are OP. you are the only one in here that thinks not. seriously….fight everyone.

i proved i did well

i proved i was 0 experience

did i not? its ALL in the video.

in Profession Balance

Introp.8465

i did well considering 0 experience. id actually rate self at slightly above average.

this all goes towards the fact that warriors are OP. you are the only one in here that thinks not. seriously….fight everyone.

i proved i did well

Ill do this last time. Im really impatient when it comes to communicating with internet kids.

You didnt prove you had no experience – might have reached rank 13 with warrior, might have player even on pve and deleted, doesnt matter.

POINTS DOESNT SHOW YOUR SOLO PERFORMANCE AT PVP, ITS TEAM GAME, SO YOU GET POINTS TOGETHER.
Your points – 14×5 for tagging – 70. decap 1 time – 10. 2 times cap = 20, 20 for defender, 40 for acuall kills together with zerg, since you didnt stomp once.

So do the math. It was said 10 times you didnt accomplish anything but run with dominatig zerg. And losts of people wrote that warrior is not op, you just ignore them, because its against your view on things.

P.S. how was showed video your first try if in original post you claimed you played with warrior? doesnt count? You did HORRIBLE at that match, 0 damage, in those duels at treb in mid, where you outnumber guys 3×1. 2×1 and so on you fail to do any damage, miss skill, do random crap. You full channel on downed guardian does barely 5k damage lol, for that cast time what a damage right.

Im done here, go to your reading classes and get few A (or flowers in grade book/whatever your get for studies) before you answer posts.

Btw if you admire score so much, look at the bottom of scoreboard on both teams. 2 Warriors. How can you explain that? warrior so op, so they sit in bottom of scoreboard? and getting 180 score in 10 min is just funny, i can get more running around map decapping points. if i fight at team zerg for fun, in 8×8 its easy 300 points ore more.

(edited by Introp.8465)

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

dude read.

i said look at my characters glory.

“215 glory poitns earned that match” “215 glory points total”

what do u think that suggests? NUUUUUUUUUUUUUB thats what…i dont play warrior

also… i did very well…stats dont lie and neither does video.

booooooooyah! lol yeap bringin it back to 4th grade. all seriousness tho…. u cant deny whats infront of you andthe whole forum is saying the same. enjoy your little reality on your easy to play class.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

1) First of all I think the thread title is encouraging hostility not, open discussion.
2) It would seem that it is a few short post away from “You’re a poo-head, No you’re a poo-head” again not, open discussion.

Might be for the best if this thread gets closed.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

But its funny to see warriors ,who probably think it’s just them that are great players and not the inherent stupidity of giving a high armour/high hp class the ability to do so much damage whilst remaining so tanky with the best regen in the game coupled with the best mobility, get their panties in a twist.

The difference in power between the warrior and the ranger say, is just so huge. A longbow warrior is better than a longbow ranger in all respects. and that right there tells you all you need to know about the warrior. Master of weapons!, including your classes weapons.

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

1) First of all I think the thread title is encouraging hostility not, open discussion.
2) It would seem that it is a few short post away from “You’re a poo-head, No you’re a poo-head” again not, open discussion.

no not really. the overpowerd warrior experiment is experimenting on the hypothesis that warriors are overpowered…which is a commonplace claim right now. you cant call a hypothesis socially pressing in any manner if it is a relevant issue and common idea or concept.

2) you are half right here. the people claiming warriors are OP are shoing videos of warrior doing really well with ZERO experience having ever been on warrior…. and pictures of them beating top tier players and the single guy that isnt is basically saying nanan nana boo boo i am rubber yhou are glue while supporting no picutres statitics or anything relevant other than ad hominem.

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

But its funny to see warriors ,who probably think it’s just them that are great players and not the inherent stupidity of giving a high armour/high hp class the ability to do so much damage whilst remaining so tanky with the best regen in the game coupled with the best mobility, get their panties in a twist.

The difference in power between the warrior and the ranger say, is just so huge. A longbow warrior is better than a longbow ranger in all respects. and that right there tells you all you need to know about the warrior. Master of weapons!, including your classes weapons.

+1’d your post. this is exactly true. there should be no burnign on warrior period. also i said that a LB warrior makes a LB rangerlook like a beginner.

in Profession Balance

Introp.8465

no not really. the overpowerd warrior experiment is experimenting on the hypothesis that warriors are overpowered…which is a commonplace claim right now. you cant call a hypothesis socially pressing in any manner if it is a relevant issue and common idea or concept.

2) you are half right here. the people claiming warriors are OP are shoing vide*o* -s of warrior doing really well with ZERO experience having ever been on warrior…. and pictur*e* -s of them beating top tier players and the single guy that isnt is basically saying nanan nana boo boo i am rubber yhou are glue while supporting no picutres statitics or anything relevant other than ad hominem.

1) you didnt prove ANYTHING. Experiment is when you found out results of it, not when you have theory and you only there to prove it ( p.s. you even failed that part)
2) there was 1 video – yours, which, for the 50th saying this, showed you accomplishing nothing you claim. In 10 mins you been in 4 actual kills ( 1 kill in 2.5 min) and 14 tags ( assists, whish show up as kills).
3) its you who need to proff stuff, because you claim it
4) you didnt prove anything
5) you DID NOT prove anything
6) here is a basic list of people in this thread having opinion different than yours and your experiment validity:
Interceptor; SoulSin; apocom; Fenrir; Jelzouki; Cygnus; Julie Yann; bobomb; nicknamenick; Sanduskel; MiLkZz; IrishPotato; Solori; me
You can go back and read their posts, because you sure didnt do that.

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

you vs everyoen else intropp.

proof is there. enjoy it. you can fight with it if u like. chokeon it

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

All of the arguments aside, you have to admit, at least the OP tried to experiment and test his suspicions before complaining. Compared to all of the posters who simply cry fowl and call something op because it kicks there butt. Personally, I find the OP trying it out personally and testing it personal an extremely valid and compelling evidence to support his opinion on the matter.

you can argue his conclusions all you like. It does not change the fact that the warrior is OP and that in its current state, it is ridiculously out of the scope of the balancing philosophies as they were stated:

" Warrior

We want the Warrior to be capable of good melee damage in a sturdy body. They can still do some decent damage at range, but they aren’t as good at it as the Ranger (with their pet). They have a hard time taking enemy boons down, and instead, have to just go through them with raw force. They may have a hard time with enemy conditions, and may need to ask for ally help in order to keep themselves free of hampering conditions. "

Clearly after playing a warrior, anyone with an ounce of reason would read the balancing philosophy and think to themselves, “Hard time with enemy conditions???, I don’t know what they are talking about, Warriors can easily shrug conditions off.” Being able to even consider that thought is clear evidence that they have gone off the rails and need to make the adjustments to put the Warrior much more in line with their own philosophies.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

Wow this went way overboard. Really it seems like extreme bias or just denial now. I’ve only been WvW’ing recently but I used to Tpvp when every warrior ran the usual Bullrush mode and played a carry. Now they are just mobile bunkers, from more recent Tpvp play. I’ve only been hotjoining but after doing both modes in sPvP again, after a long hiatus into PVE, you can see the obvious need for toning down. The sheer amount of hambow hero’s makes sPvP annoying. Even applying poison doesn’t help as much and is sad that it is a necessity along with boon stripping to get most hambow/lyssa/dodging warriors to go down.

There probably isn’t anyway to sway Introp to drop his bias. We can only suggest that he uses a class he’s never used before, like mesmer, and see how his success rate is in PVP. But I fear he’ll just make the usual unfounded comments that the class is easy and warriors have a harder time.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Wow this went way overboard. Really it seems like extreme bias or just denial now. I’ve only been WvW’ing recently but I used to Tpvp when every warrior ran the usual Bullrush mode and played a carry. Now they are just mobile bunkers, from more recent Tpvp play. I’ve only been hotjoining but after doing both modes in sPvP again, after a long hiatus into PVE, you can see the obvious need for toning down. The sheer amount of hambow hero’s makes sPvP annoying. Even applying poison doesn’t help as much and is sad that it is a necessity along with boon stripping to get most hambow/lyssa/dodging warriors to go down.

There probably isn’t anyway to sway Introp to drop his bias. We can only suggest that he uses a class he’s never used before, like mesmer, and see how his success rate is in PVP. But I fear he’ll just make the usual unfounded comments that the class is easy and warriors have a harder time.

I main a warrior, have played it since launch, have 3k hours on it. I agree that we need some adjustments and some skills need to be toned down a bit. What worries me and a lot of other warriors (and why I think many are so adamant about it not being OP) is that Anet will take the same approach it did with the Eles when Eles were at the top of the PvP food chain. Is warrior too strong at the moment? Yes Is it grossly OP? No It won’t take much to bring us back in line with the rest of the classes.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

This is the problem with this experiment.

You arent showing that the class is great in the hands of a good player.

You are showing that its easy to pick up for new players.

I could go into a spvp game on my mesmer and do fine ( in fact this warrior crap people keep crying about is funny to me because they cant stand toe to toe with me in a 1v1 scenerio). But I main mesmer.
I can go into spvp on my guardian and do just fine, but I played guardian
I can do this for every profession, because I have played every profession.

I know what to use to tag the most people.
I know how to follow the zerg.

This experiment would hold much much more weight ( because you are trying to prove the Overpoweredness of warrior in pvp) if you did a couple of tournament games.
And had the same results.

Again.
Spvp, following a zerg, tagging enemies.

Anyone can do that.
If you want I can make a vid of my thief doing exactly that, following the zerg and tagging.

My point.
If you want to prove how OP the warrior is.
Do tournament’s
Record a couple of tournament matches ( they have solo que’s)
Post the results of said tournament match’s

I main a warrior, have played it since launch, have 3k hours on it. I agree that we need some adjustments and some skills need to be toned down a bit. What worries me and a lot of other warriors (and why I think many are so adamant about it not being OP) is that Anet will take the same approach it did with the Eles when Eles were at the top of the PvP food chain. Is warrior too strong at the moment? Yes Is it grossly OP? No It won’t take much to bring us back in line with the rest of the classes.

They are reverting the Ele changes.
Just like they had to do with some mesmer changes to traits.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

I’m in exactly the same boat. I stopped playing my warrior pre-buff, started up a few months ago, and stopped most recently because of how boring it got because it didn’t feel as challenging or engaging and yes it honestly felt too easy. It needs toning down(adjusting) but more importantly it’s so boring to play because it’s too passive, imo. Everything feels so automated on it with the current build setups (hambow/A/Sh&GS/and variants in between). PvP just felt stale when each warrior I’ve encountered or at least 8/10 had used the hambow setup. Its just boring to fight against and fight as a warrior

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

a thief whining about warriors. now i’ve seen everything. I play a thief, and I’ve never had an issue with warriors. I think this is a l2p issue.

OP’d thief, lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

The OP didn’t prove anything.
I agree though that the warrior need to be toned downin some way, however it is not OP as many people claim it to be.

norn warrior

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

This is the problem with this experiment.

You arent showing that the class is great in the hands of a good player.

You are showing that its easy to pick up for new players.

I could go into a spvp game on my mesmer and do fine ( in fact this warrior crap people keep crying about is funny to me because they cant stand toe to toe with me in a 1v1 scenerio). But I main mesmer.
I can go into spvp on my guardian and do just fine, but I played guardian
I can do this for every profession, because I have played every profession.

I know what to use to tag the most people.
I know how to follow the zerg.

This experiment would hold much much more weight ( because you are trying to prove the Overpoweredness of warrior in pvp) if you did a couple of tournament games.
And had the same results.

Again.
Spvp, following a zerg, tagging enemies.

Anyone can do that.
If you want I can make a vid of my thief doing exactly that, following the zerg and tagging.

My point.
If you want to prove how OP the warrior is.
Do tournament’s
Record a couple of tournament matches ( they have solo que’s)
Post the results of said tournament match’s

They are reverting the Ele changes.
Just like they had to do with some mesmer changes to traits.

spvp…owning it on first try…says enough. 2/5 players play wawrrior on high end. check the rankings/results.

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

a thief whining about warriors. now i’ve seen everything. I play a thief, and I’ve never had an issue with warriors. I think this is a l2p issue.

what im complaining about is the no risk vs reward scenario. thieves have a high risk to run zerk. warriors have none. they can be one of the best rankings in EVERY category all in the same build. now you cant get any class half as good in that sense. hence why most are warriors …..

if they cut the mobility down…. and condi removal down to below thieves’ as that should be their weakness as anet stated….i think warriors would be in a good place.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I agree though that the warrior need to be toned downin some way, however it is not OP as many people claim it to be.

Actually it is. I am going to guess you have not leveled all professions to 80 so you do not even have a clue how OP it is or isn’t, yet you will make such statements.

And yes, he did prove something. Unlike people who make blind claims based on what they read here or what someone afflicts against them in game, he at least picked it up and tried it for himself. You on the other hand are claiming “it is not OP” and offering absolutely no evidence, facts, or any argument what so ever to support your perspective.

The OP on the other hand never made any claims in the original post, he simply listed how easy or difficult he found certain aspects of his experiences.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Profession Balance

Heimdallr.7021

Actually it is. I am going to guess you have not leveled all professions to 80 so you do not even have a clue how OP it is or isn’t, yet you will make such statements.

I have 5 classes to 80, I don’t need to level every class to 80 to give my opinion on class balance, or i have to take for granted that anyone who claims warrior is OP has leveled every class to 80?

And yes, he did prove something. Unlike people who make blind claims based on what they read here or what someone afflicts against them in game, he at least picked it up and tried it for himself. You on the other hand are claiming “it is not OP” and offering absolutely no evidence, facts, or any argument what so ever to support your perspective.

The OP on the other hand never made any claims in the original post, he simply listed how easy or difficult he found certain aspects of his experiences.

Learn to read, I didn’t say that, what I did say is that warrior is not as OP as many people are saying.
Then again, the video posted by the OP doesn’t prove a think, the fact that he played a couple of matches in hotjoin taking a high score can’t be taken as a proof of that.

Yesterday i entered a couple a tournaments with my ranger and i scored 1st in both games, do you see me claiming ranger is OP?

So tell me, what exactly did he prove?

norn warrior

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

I have 5 classes to 80, I don’t need to level every class to 80 to give my opinion on class balance, or i have to take for granted that anyone who claims warrior is OP has leveled every class to 80?

Learn to read, I didn’t say that, what I did say is that warrior is not as OP as many people are saying.
Then again, the video posted by the OP doesn’t prove a think, the fact that he played a couple of matches in hotjoin taking a high score can’t be taken as a proof of that.

Yesterday i entered a couple a tournaments with my ranger and i scored 1st in both games, do you see me claiming ranger is OP?

So tell me, what exactly did he prove?

i have NEVER played warrior before. i did well. TOP kills. 2nd score. did well. top defenderand top assaulter. bottom line if u play a class you have never even logged onto before…. itllshow how bad you are too. btw i got all my points WITHOUT CAPPING so yeah. try again?

in Profession Balance

Heimdallr.7021

i have NEVER played warrior before. i did well. TOP kills. 2nd score. did well. top defenderand top assaulter. bottom line if u play a class you have never even logged onto before…. itllshow how bad you are too. btw i got all my points WITHOUT CAPPING so yeah. try again?

You showed me that warrior is easy to play, we all know that, thanks.
Also in hotjoin people come and go during the match, score is hardly a measure of how well you played even in tournaments.
In your team there’s also another warrior who is the last one, same on the other team, what do you get from that?

norn warrior

in Profession Balance

Sanduskel.1850

what im complaining about is the no risk vs reward scenario. thieves have a high risk to run zerk. warriors have none. they can be one of the best rankings in EVERY category all in the same build. now you cant get any class half as good in that sense. hence why most are warriors …..

if they cut the mobility down…. and condi removal down to below thieves’ as that should be their weakness as anet stated….i think warriors would be in a good place.

I don’t think the ability to burst then pop right back I to stealth is a high risk. It s a high reward though.

OP’d thief, lol

in Profession Balance

Introp.8465

^travlone here, read again (bold text). even if 500 people would tell you that high score in spvp shows nothing about class strengh, you would still not get it. You would be quet for 1 day and come back with another – here, i scored 180, class is op argument

i proved i did well

Ill do this last time. Im really impatient when it comes to communicating with internet kids.

POINTS DOESNT SHOW YOUR SOLO PERFORMANCE AT PVP, ITS TEAM GAME, SO YOU GET POINTS TOGETHER.
Your points – 14×5 for tagging – 70. decap 1 time – 10. 2 times cap = 20, 20 for defender, 40 for acuall kills together with zerg, since you didnt stomp once.

So do the math. It was said 10 times you didnt accomplish anything but run with dominatig zerg. And losts of people wrote that warrior is not op, you just ignore them, because its against your view on things.

P.S. how was showed video your first try if in original post you claimed you played with warrior? doesnt count? You did HORRIBLE at that match, 0 damage, in those duels at treb in mid, where you outnumber guys 3×1. 2×1 and so on you fail to do any damage, miss skill, do random crap. You full channel on downed guardian does barely 5k damage lol, for that cast time what a damage right.

Btw if you admire score so much, look at the bottom of scoreboard on both teams. 2 Warriors. How can you explain that? warrior so op, so they sit in bottom of scoreboard? and getting 180 score in 10 min is just funny, …

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

point was i led everything on my first try ever. fffffffffffpsh! lol like to see somebody else do this with 0 trieson thief full zerk and never logged on thief. have to proof like i didtho

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

I don’t think the ability to burst then pop right back I to stealth is a high risk. It s a high reward though.

3-4 seconds is a long time. 2-3 seconds of immob = death for a thief. thats how fragile we are. its 4-5 secs if u are a Carrion thief. high risk. crap condi removal…. crap hp…crap toughness…crap armor…. no blocks/invuln/aegis and stability and protection….anything defensive….or removes stuff like conditison…we suck at. its a high risk profession.

in Profession Balance

Introp.8465

point was i led everything on my first try ever. fffffffffffpsh! lol like to see somebody else do this with 0 trieson thief full zerk and never logged on thief. have to proof like i didtho

you got amnesia or something?

I said lets test it. i have never ever….seriously…ever even created a warrior. i just hate the whole “hulk smash” type of characters, they just dont appeal to me. point is i suck at warrior and could never be good if i duel without some time on the class. so i challenged himto a 1v1 , his thief (d/p general blind backstab build) vs a warrior i would make up on the spot. he accepts.

i make 0 0 30 10 30 warrior with full zerk gear and lyssa runes (crit) while using GS/LB with energy sigils. Basically my build had 23k hp. 3100 attack. 1500 toughness. very very high condi removal. very nice hp regen (410 per sec plus every 3 secs few hundred more from adrenaline), and great dmg with regular burns. a very strong well rounded build. i used ENDURE PAIN and HEALING SIGNET and DOLYAK SIGNET OF STAMINA. im sure most of you are familiar w/ it.

match one i win 40% hp left

match 2 i win 85% hp left

match 3 i win 100% hp left

each match took 45-1min 15 seconds. obvouisly i missed alot and fumbled and bumbled so im sure most could do it faster. hes not the best thief in the world but id give him a 7.5 out of 10 on the perfection scale. just to be fair and keep this in perspective. id guess i was like a 1.5 or 2 out of 10. i was clicking all the skills with mouse and reading them as fighting. popping all my signets when i shouldnt have been (figured that out after first battle which is why my left over HP went up so high).

reading YOUR OWN WORDS, it was at least 4th match, that means at least of 40 min of experience, and this is just from believing what you are telling.

You are so full of kittens, every time someone says something straig on point, u counter it with random fact bending and complete jibberish, that makes 0 sense related to mentioned arguments

and stop double/triple posting. there is a thing called copy paste. just copy 1 quote> back to thread, quote another person + paste copied quote…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

The thiefs I qualify as good players never had any troubles against warriors. A pp condi spam thief can kite a warrior for a 100 years. A sd thief can steal his stability and evade into oblivion and a dp pomps out so much blind that warrior wont see his girlfriend again ever.

We all know warrior has a low skillcap to start playing with, congratz on proving that. But to be able to beat the best players out there, warriors lack depth. Their skills have such obvious animations that you hate yourself for failing to dodge them sometimes. I dodged a hammer warriors skills for 10min straight before he stopped fighting me and ran away. I didn’t attack back because I was laughing to much.

Warrior is a strong pick and a nub stomper, people who don’t really know how to play and only know their own class will get roflstomped by a warrior. But people who know how to bait out stability, skill interrupt and all the animations will take a warrior apart.

Point is that it is easy to play a warrior decently and perform well. But if you want to compete with the best, you either have to be a really really strong player on a warrior or you simply can’t. The warrior is just lackluster on high skill play.

I want to make 1 end remark and that is that warriors can completely shut down necros. Doing this makes them incredibly vulnerable to thiefs. But still this shouldn’t be possible. Hambow warriors with cleansing ire can remove 6condis/7s, that is to much. Adding an ICD of 7s to cleansing ire so 3condis/7s get removed would require clever play from the warrior to beat a necro.

But this is the only nerf needed for the warrior imo.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

The thiefs I qualify as good players never had any troubles against warriors. A pp condi spam thief can kite a warrior for a 100 years. A sd thief can steal his stability and evade into oblivion and a dp pomps out so much blind that warrior wont see his girlfriend again ever.

We all know warrior has a low skillcap to start playing with, congratz on proving that. But to be able to beat the best players out there, warriors lack depth. Their skills have such obvious animations that you hate yourself for failing to dodge them sometimes. I dodged a hammer warriors skills for 10min straight before he stopped fighting me and ran away. I didn’t attack back because I was laughing to much.

Warrior is a strong pick and a nub stomper, people who don’t really know how to play and only know their own class will get roflstomped by a warrior. But people who know how to bait out stability, skill interrupt and all the animations will take a warrior apart.

Point is that it is easy to play a warrior decently and perform well. But if you want to compete with the best, you either have to be a really really strong player on a warrior or you simply can’t. The warrior is just lackluster on high skill play.

I want to make 1 end remark and that is that warriors can completely shut down necros. Doing this makes them incredibly vulnerable to thiefs. But still this shouldn’t be possible. Hambow warriors with cleansing ire can remove 6condis/7s, that is to much. Adding an ICD of 7s to cleansing ire so 3condis/7s get removed would require clever play from the warrior to beat a necro.

I agree with you Milkz

Also, when youtube wants to be cooperative.

I have a vid of my mesmer getting top score in an spvp game.
and my MM necro getting top score in an spvp game.

Ill grab one for the ele and engi when the other two are done.

Spvp, it is really easy to top charts when your team is good and you tag.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Warriors are too good, but not because of anything you proved in an experiment with some average-ish D/P backstabber. A competent P/D condition Thief would have beaten you up and taken your lunch money. That fight either ends with the Warrior 1) dying, or 2) running away.

They are scaling back Healing Signet some. That will help.

not to play “point-counterpoint” with you but the build literally had half a dozen ways of dropping conditions. some thru utility. somethru adrenaline. some thru 2 traits. and all thru lyssa runes. p/d wouldntohave done much. need 7 stacks of bleed justto get inthe positive.

Not to play “point-counterpoint” with you, but if you had played a zerker spike build war against a zerker spike build thief, you would have lost every single time. Hands down, no contest, resulting in throwing your mouse and keyboard through your monitor.

What you’ve proven is that bunker > zerker. Good job. This is WAI according to Anet devs from day one.

I stand corrected…you actually think full zerk is the way to play?

Classic case of L2P.

/thread

(edited by Redscope.6215)

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

I agree with you Milkz

i had top kills too. and ZERO caps. i only looked for fights to show that one aspect…..and luckily got more. either way i have had never been on warrior. those glory points are soley the first ones ive earned on warrior as you saw. to NEVER play a class then do that well is insane. warrior is set up for nubs and bad players to do well. even high end players who are experienced on warrior can afford many mistakes. thieves cant afford any. maybe 1 if on carrion armor.

in Profession Balance

Travlane.5948

Warriors are too good, but not because of anything you proved in an experiment with some average-ish D/P backstabber. A competent P/D condition Thief would have beaten you up and taken your lunch money. That fight either ends with the Warrior 1) dying, or 2) running away.

They are scaling back Healing Signet some. That will help.

not to play “point-counterpoint” with you but the build literally had half a dozen ways of dropping conditions. some thru utility. somethru adrenaline. some thru 2 traits. and all thru lyssa runes. p/d wouldntohave done much. need 7 stacks of bleed justto get inthe positive.

Not to play “point-counterpoint” with you, but if you had played a zerker spike build war against a zerker spike build thief, you would have lost every single time. Hands down, no contest, resulting in throwing your mouse and keyboard through your monitor.

What you’ve proven is that bunker > zerker. Good job. This is WAI according to Anet devs from day one.

I stand corrected…you actually think full zerk is the way to play?

Classic case of L2P.

/thread

so running full zerk plus 30 in crit dmg line and 30 in healing line isnt zerk? well its mostly zerk. ssooooo yeah. idk what the others were player but i did pretty much full zerk. had to put somein healing for condi removal and HS….. but i guess 90% zerk isnt zerk. soi should say MOSTLY 90% zerk next time. ok :P now i got it.

in Profession Balance

Introp.8465

I agree with you Milkz

i had top kills too. and ZERO caps. i only looked for fights to show that one aspect…..and luckily got more. either way i have had never been on warrior. those glory points are soley the first ones ive earned on warrior as you saw. to NEVER play a class then do that well is insane. warrior is set up for nubs and bad players to do well. even high end players who are experienced on warrior can afford many mistakes. thieves cant afford any. maybe 1 if on carrion armor.

If you are playing who has the last word wins, we can do this all day long.
you had 2 cap, 1 decap, 2 defends on point
4 actuall kills in 10 min
14 ASSISTS which are called kills
wasnt even top score, playing from min 0then others didnt, and topping others in 10-20 points is nothing in spvp
rest of the warriors were in bottom of scoreboard, last in both of the teams, so op
ran in zerg did pathetic dmg or anything near to being op
died in seconds whenever targetet, op right
survived just because been in zerg 24/7

Clearly needs some tips from god called L2P

Ill just paste this every time you will talk about your video k?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

Omg he still has people arguing. Anything he is saying is null after he mentions hotjoins. I want to see him go into team or soloQ and see what happens to him.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

so running full zerk plus 30 in crit dmg line and 30 in healing line isnt zerk?

Not sure if you are being funny but no, it clearly isn’t. I’m not sure how anyone can think having 30 in the healing line is “full zerk” or anything close to it.

I have seen some convincing and well thought out threads/posts pointing to the fact that warrior is in too good a place at the moment, or at least certain aspects of it. Sadly, this thread isn’t one of them.

This is predominantly because you still seem to confuse what is essentially an issue with skill reqs and passive play, with something being “OP”. They are not the same thing.

If someone wants to make a case against passive cheese play and low skill reqs, they would cite the kind of arguments you have used (sort of).

If though someone wants to make a case for OP, then they would need to demonstrate exactly how and why, at the top tier of tpvp, warrior outperforms other classes in the major roles (point decap, control bunker, roamer/back point taker etc). Then demonstrate just why multiple warriors are utilized per team (across most of the teams, not one or two of them) at the top level.

They would not show how you can whomp noobs or list “1st in HP and armorz!”.

Note I’m not trying to defend warrior here per say, I just think the reasons and arguments presented in this thread seem to be unsuited to the intended purpose of trying to demonstrate the class as being OP.

And in all honesty, the title is rather leading/troll bait.

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

I agree with you Milkz

I did the same thing on my MM necro.
Top kills,
No points captured
Top of the charts.

I dont play MM necro.
I usually play a well necro in PvE because that’s what’s effective in my fractals group.

But you dont see me on the necro forums complaining about the MM necro now do you?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

2) you are half right here. the people claiming warriors are OP are shoing videos of warrior doing really well with ZERO experience having ever been on warrior…. and pictures of them beating top tier players and the single guy that isnt is basically saying nanan nana boo boo i am rubber yhou are glue while supporting no picutres statitics or anything relevant other than ad hominem.

You do realize we’re supposed to take your word on too many things for people to even consider paying attention to you and your post.
Good luck.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Warrior should never lose a 1v1 against a thief

Specially not in sPvP

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

http://youtu.be/1rg2wE9EmGg -Necro

Pretty much the ending of the match but the score board basically tells the story

It’s easy to get that score in Spvp.

Go do tournies

Mesmer should be done uploading either in the morning or tonight if teh internet gods are kind

(edited by Solori.6025)

in Profession Balance

Sanduskel.1850

3-4 seconds is a long time. 2-3 seconds of immob = death for a thief. thats how fragile we are. its 4-5 secs if u are a Carrion thief. high risk. crap condi removal…. crap hp…crap toughness…crap armor…. no blocks/invuln/aegis and stability and protection….anything defensive….or removes stuff like conditison…we suck at. its a high risk profession.

It’s not 3-4 seconds unless you don’t know how to play your thief. It’s definitely NOT a high risk profession unless you go afk, lol.

Not crap armor, not crap hp, not crap toughness unless you spec improperly – just like other classes.

OP’d thief, lol

in Profession Balance

Azukas.1426

It’s not 3-4 seconds unless you don’t know how to play your thief. It’s definitely NOT a high risk profession unless you go afk, lol.

Not crap armor, not crap hp, not crap toughness unless you spec improperly – just like other classes.

Thieves are easy to kill. Even the ones who falsely believe building toughness helps them.

I see thief and literally it’s a free kill if they don’t run away

in Profession Balance

Sanduskel.1850

Thieves are easy to kill. Even the ones who falsely believe building toughness helps them.

lol well, I think warriors are easy to kill, and I rarely die on my thief. You must encounter terrible thieves.

OP’d thief, lol

in Profession Balance

Azukas.1426

lol well, I think warriors are easy to kill, and I rarely die on my thief. You must encounter terrible thieves.

There is significant difference between my claims and yours

Mine are actually true.

in Profession Balance

Introp.8465

Mine are actually true.

Lol at this point of view. So what you are saying is truth because you said so, and what sanduskel said is not? following your logic, sanduskel can say same thing. 0 logic what so ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

http://youtu.be/1rg2wE9EmGg -Necro

Pretty much the ending of the match but the score board basically tells the story

It’s easy to get that score in Spvp.

Go do tournies

Mesmer should be done uploading either in the morning or tonight if teh internet gods are kind

Even when Warrior was not viable in high end PvP i manage to do scores like that with him because i could TAG many enemy kills with my skills. Kill them by myself and cap points was another story.

To the OP:
You scored like that because you TAG people. Retaliation and f1 longbow burst alow you to tag a lot in team fights. (If you want to claim something with the end of the match stats you need to know how those stats work). Any profession with AoE can do that.
Your team did not won because of you, in fact, you manage to win because your team overal was better. (and thats how it should be).

in Profession Balance

Sanduskel.1850

Mine are actually true.

Lol ….in your mind.

OP’d thief, lol

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

And here is my mesmer toping the charts.

I have two cap points.

I top the charts over THREE warriors.
two of them were on my team.

http://youtu.be/d05uZIByJpg

in Profession Balance

Azukas.1426

Mine are actually true.

Lol ….in your mind.

Post SS of your thief with your account name visible.

Then post a link of your thief owning warriors