The OverPowered Warrior Experiment

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Introp.8465

Introp.8465

a thief whining about warriors. now i’ve seen everything. I play a thief, and I’ve never had an issue with warriors. I think this is a l2p issue.

what im complaining about is the no risk vs reward scenario. thieves have a high risk to run zerk. warriors have none. they can be one of the best rankings in EVERY category all in the same build. now you cant get any class half as good in that sense. hence why most are warriors …..

if they cut the mobility down…. and condi removal down to below thieves’ as that should be their weakness as anet stated….i think warriors would be in a good place.

I don’t think the ability to burst then pop right back I to stealth is a high risk. It s a high reward though.

3-4 seconds is a long time. 2-3 seconds of immob = death for a thief. thats how fragile we are. its 4-5 secs if u are a Carrion thief. high risk. crap condi removal…. crap hp…crap toughness…crap armor…. no blocks/invuln/aegis and stability and protection….anything defensive….or removes stuff like conditison…we suck at. its a high risk profession.

It’s not 3-4 seconds unless you don’t know how to play your thief. It’s definitely NOT a high risk profession unless you go afk, lol.

Not crap armor, not crap hp, not crap toughness unless you spec improperly – just like other classes.

Thieves are easy to kill. Even the ones who falsely believe building toughness helps them.

I see thief and literally it’s a free kill if they don’t run away

lol well, I think warriors are easy to kill, and I rarely die on my thief. You must encounter terrible thieves.

There is significant difference between my claims and yours

Mine are actually true.

Lol ….in your mind.

Post SS of your thief with your account name visible.

Then post a link of your thief owning warriors

why do you do the same. post a proof to what you are saying first

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

a thief whining about warriors. now i’ve seen everything. I play a thief, and I’ve never had an issue with warriors. I think this is a l2p issue.

what im complaining about is the no risk vs reward scenario. thieves have a high risk to run zerk. warriors have none. they can be one of the best rankings in EVERY category all in the same build. now you cant get any class half as good in that sense. hence why most are warriors …..

if they cut the mobility down…. and condi removal down to below thieves’ as that should be their weakness as anet stated….i think warriors would be in a good place.

I don’t think the ability to burst then pop right back I to stealth is a high risk. It s a high reward though.

3-4 seconds is a long time. 2-3 seconds of immob = death for a thief. thats how fragile we are. its 4-5 secs if u are a Carrion thief. high risk. crap condi removal…. crap hp…crap toughness…crap armor…. no blocks/invuln/aegis and stability and protection….anything defensive….or removes stuff like conditison…we suck at. its a high risk profession.

It’s not 3-4 seconds unless you don’t know how to play your thief. It’s definitely NOT a high risk profession unless you go afk, lol.

Not crap armor, not crap hp, not crap toughness unless you spec improperly – just like other classes.

Thieves are easy to kill. Even the ones who falsely believe building toughness helps them.

I see thief and literally it’s a free kill if they don’t run away

lol well, I think warriors are easy to kill, and I rarely die on my thief. You must encounter terrible thieves.

There is significant difference between my claims and yours

Mine are actually true.

Lol ….in your mind.

Post SS of your thief with your account name visible.

Then post a link of your thief owning warriors

oh oh..can I do one for my mesmer

..o wait….

theres a video…

nevermind..

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dagnaggit.5086

Dagnaggit.5086

To all the warriors who are up in arms about this post (and others that claim your class is OP.) don’t be so mad. Anet is thinking of new ways to buff your under powered class even as we speak. Fear not. WvW guilds will soon be begging for more warriors. This Engi, ranger,thief, mesmer meta will soon be over. You will soon be invited to FotMs and speed runs and everything that you have been denied for so long. I am sure that once your class is fixed, people will soon recruit you. I am also positive that the fixes will make more people want to be just like you. Don’t be so mad, your under powered days will soon be over.

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

To all the warriors who are up in arms about this post (and others that claim your class is OP.) don’t be so mad. Anet is thinking of new ways to buff your under powered class even as we speak. Fear not. WvW guilds will soon be begging for more warriors. This Engi, ranger,thief, mesmer meta will soon be over. You will soon be invited to FotMs and speed runs and everything that you have been denied for so long. I am sure that once your class is fixed, people will soon recruit you. I am also positive that the fixes will make more people want to be just like you. Don’t be so mad, your under powered days will soon be over.

..you…you mean i will no longer be ignored for the cleric rangers?!

Oh bless you divine messenger of the anet gods..

Finally I will be useful and not overshadowed by the OP guardians and the cleric rangers..

See guys…this messenger is here to bring light to our misinformed and spray all of the warrior believers with lactose free milk
………
…….
…………………….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dagnaggit.5086

Dagnaggit.5086

Finally I will be useful and not overshadowed by the OP guardians and the cleric rangers..

See guys…this messenger is here to bring light to our misinformed and spray all of the warrior believers with lactose free milk
………
…….
…………………….

Whoa….slow down buddy. Cleric Ranger meta is here for life bruh. I proclaimed they would “fix” you, not make you the “New” OP meta.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

so running full zerk plus 30 in crit dmg line and 30 in healing line isnt zerk?

Not sure if you are being funny but no, it clearly isn’t. I’m not sure how anyone can think having 30 in the healing line is “full zerk” or anything close to it.

I have seen some convincing and well thought out threads/posts pointing to the fact that warrior is in too good a place at the moment, or at least certain aspects of it. Sadly, this thread isn’t one of them.

This is predominantly because you still seem to confuse what is essentially an issue with skill reqs and passive play, with something being “OP”. They are not the same thing.

If someone wants to make a case against passive cheese play and low skill reqs, they would cite the kind of arguments you have used (sort of).

If though someone wants to make a case for OP, then they would need to demonstrate exactly how and why, at the top tier of tpvp, warrior outperforms other classes in the major roles (point decap, control bunker, roamer/back point taker etc). Then demonstrate just why multiple warriors are utilized per team (across most of the teams, not one or two of them) at the top level.

They would not show how you can whomp noobs or list “1st in HP and armorz!”.

Note I’m not trying to defend warrior here per say, I just think the reasons and arguments presented in this thread seem to be unsuited to the intended purpose of trying to demonstrate the class as being OP.

And in all honesty, the title is rather leading/troll bait.

i didnt say full zerk. i said zerk. if ur 90% zerk….i consider it zerk.

you get 300 points in healing line. with is healing +300. but you get like 1500 points in power 1500 poitns in precision and alot in crit dmg too. so in the end putting 30 points into healing only makes the build like 85 or 90% zerk. still basically a zerk build.

if u dont understand ill do the full math for you…. :P

in Profession Balance

Introp.8465

so running full zerk plus 30 in crit dmg line and 30 in healing line isnt zerk?

Not sure if you are being funny but no, it clearly isn’t. I’m not sure how anyone can think having 30 in the healing line is “full zerk” or anything close to it.

I have seen some convincing and well thought out threads/posts pointing to the fact that warrior is in too good a place at the moment, or at least certain aspects of it. Sadly, this thread isn’t one of them.

This is predominantly because you still seem to confuse what is essentially an issue with skill reqs and passive play, with something being “OP”. They are not the same thing.

If someone wants to make a case against passive cheese play and low skill reqs, they would cite the kind of arguments you have used (sort of).

If though someone wants to make a case for OP, then they would need to demonstrate exactly how and why, at the top tier of tpvp, warrior outperforms other classes in the major roles (point decap, control bunker, roamer/back point taker etc). Then demonstrate just why multiple warriors are utilized per team (across most of the teams, not one or two of them) at the top level.

They would not show how you can whomp noobs or list “1st in HP and armorz!”.

Note I’m not trying to defend warrior here per say, I just think the reasons and arguments presented in this thread seem to be unsuited to the intended purpose of trying to demonstrate the class as being OP.

And in all honesty, the title is rather leading/troll bait.

i didnt say full zerk. i said zerk. if ur 90% zerk….i consider it zerk.

you get 300 points in healing line. with is healing +300. but you get like 1500 points in power 1500 poitns in precision and alot in crit dmg too. so in the end putting 30 points into healing only makes the build like 85 or 90% zerk. still basically a zerk build.

if u dont understand ill do the full math for you…. :P

aaand you still didnt prove anything you claimed in your first or following posts.
And why do you reply to 1 thing out of 20? dont have the answers to rest? better dont reply at all then

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

@Introp:

I love you!

Warriors are not OP, the players behind the warrior’s keyboard are too good. Now I see this. There are no unbalanced things about the warrior, it seems that the good players are playing warriors, the n00bz and the looz3rs playing something else.

It’s just natural selection not OPness.

#I no words have"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

wariors need buffs when i go in pvp i just kite them to dead until they die conditions kill them they got condi removal once each 60 sek BIG deal i see they pop berserker stance i just run back and ill come back 5 sek later and kill them

in Profession Balance

Introp.8465

@Introp:

I love you!

Warriors are not OP, the players behind the warrior’s keyboard are too good. Now I see this. There are no unbalanced things about the warrior, it seems that the good players are playing warriors, the n00bz and the looz3rs playing something else.

L2P baddie. btw thread is about “the experiment”, on which op failed and didnt prove anything, go find another thread to cry

in Profession Balance

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

After that great big wall of text I was expecting a video. Because you know, experiments usually have some sort of evidence to validate the claims.

Just sayin.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

@Introp:

I love you!

L2P baddie. btw thread is about “the experiment”, on which op failed and didnt prove anything, go find another thread to cry

I cannot see any crying in my post. Can you?

#I no words have"

in Profession Balance

Introp.8465

@Introp:

I love you!

I cannot see any crying in my post. Can you?

I see more than enough. unless it was not irony and you are n00b looz3r who is playing ranger? create a fresh new topic, because this one is about “experiment”

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

………
…….
…………………….

Whoa….slow down buddy. Cleric Ranger meta is here for life bruh. I proclaimed they would “fix” you, not make you the “New” OP meta.

but…but……lactose free milk and stuff

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

After that great big wall of text I was expecting a video. Because you know, experiments usually have some sort of evidence to validate the claims.

Just sayin.

there is a video on page 3..and then more video’s on page 4

one video is from the OP, in which he tags people and claims that the warrior is OP from because he got high kills following a zerg..

The next page has video’s from my mesmer and necro in which I was able to do the same things.

I got higher kills from the MM necro following people…

So my video’s kinda disproved the whole “warrior is op cause I did well in Spvp”thing that was going on..

..now its devolved into people crying about what is zerk ( there really is no variation to what is a zerk.. full power/crit or crit damage traits and gear anything else is not a full zerker, plain and simple. )

and Trav..you did say full zerk..at least for the thief..when you asked someone to go into spvp and test

i wanna see somebody else join theif…..play full zerk…. show that they have 0 experience in thief …… and then score in the top kills top defense top offensive ranks in spvp on first try.

try ranger. try engineer. 0 experience. that means no lvl 80s. and 0 tries in spvp .

(edited by Solori.6025)