in Profession Balance

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

moa skill – mesmer elite

playing 1vX

everything is fine but when some1 transform u its immposible to run away

moa with cripple/chill/immobilize and every1 is dead

NERF THIS kittenING SKILL

a few months ago this skill was good, was possible to run away but now every1 is dead in moa form.

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

First of all:

Can a mod plz merge this thread with all those other Moa whine-threads?

Second:
There has absolutly nothing changed with moa. And if, there was a nerf.
Moa doesn’t chill, immobilze or cripple you.

Btw, I’m pretty sure, that the Moa #2 leap actually also works as an evade (even when immobilzed).

And for gods sake, plz stop complaining about losing 1vX and blaming Moa.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Why dont you ask ANet for a Buff of Moa Skill #5?

Maybe something a la “Remove Chill, Cripple and Immobilize”

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

If the post is the extend of your articulation in regards to this game, I’m not sure you’re qualified to comment on it, sorry. Rage, much?

Plus, you were playing “1vX”. Do I really have to explain to how easy it is to die in those situations. Do you want a cookie? Would you feel better if I told you that Moa Morph is entirely useless in any serious format of play?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

its also kina OP in 1v1

moa on u = u are dead

thats all

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

its also kina OP in 1v1

moa on u = u are dead

thats all

Not if you have any kind of proper PvP experience.
Moa is almost useless against good players, as well as against every class which has has good acces to stuff like aegis or blinds.
Or to players who know where the dodge button is.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

its also kina OP in 1v1

moa on u = u are dead

thats all

If you are a noob..yes..

Then again, anything will kill you ..

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

Its a pretty noticeable cast honestly, looks just like mass invis if im not mistaken which is a fist in the air for a couple seconds. I dont play a mes, i main a thief, it sucks to get moa’ed but its by no means a game changer. Honestly in hotjoin i get moa’ed, its my personal goal to kill the mesmer while in that form just because i know they’ve gotta be steamed over it.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Meanwhile I’ll well+lich form combo and trololol because that’s the most OP combo in the game jk but really moa is fine. It wasn’t even used in high end play

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

I would also like the OP to point out how often a mesmer and this elite skill was used in the ToL for EU

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

moa skill – mesmer elite

playing 1vX

everything is fine but when some1 transform u its immposible to run away

moa with cripple/chill/immobilize and every1 is dead

NERF THIS kittenING SKILL

a few months ago this skill was good, was possible to run away but now every1 is dead in moa form.

what are u talking about moa has not been changed for over a year. they actually made moa skills decent.and yes u can run away.im glad if someone moas me when i try to run cause then i have finally some speed boost on my mesmer. and one more thing moa doent cripple chill u. u must have gotten hit by more than 1 players then seriously.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

Haha.. I love this forum section.. You can talk about ANY other class rather than Mesmer, but the second you mention mesmer everyone FLIPS THE KITTENS OUT. The one class that needs some serious balancing.

Call me crazy.. but a skill that would determine a guarantee win.. should just not happen.. And just because its a long cast doesn’t mean anything.. If my ele meteor shower guaranteed me a win, I’d be the first to say nerf it to death.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Call me crazy.. but a skill that would determine a guarantee win.. should just not happen..

True, it shouldn’t.
It’s a good thing that there’s no such skill then. Some would argue Warrior Hammerstun, but even that only really works in assist-train situations.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

its also kina OP in 1v1

moa on u = u are dead

thats all

Can someone please point me when ANet started to balance GW2 around duels?
I missed it.

Pumpkin – Mag

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Moa me and I’ll peck you to death!

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

This is so much fun.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

This is so much fun.

It’s also funny when you have traits that give you increased bonus for “x” reason… Say you are a necro that has close to death and the mesmer is <50%… You can actually moa them to death. It’s hilarious.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

They should add a /dance to moa.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

True, everytime I meet any inexperienced Mesmer that Moas me as a fight starts, I proceed to just auto-atk them to death… this one happened a few days ago.

Attachments:

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

True, everytime I meet any inexperienced Mesmer that Moas me as a fight starts, I proceed to just auto-atk them to death… this one happened a few days ago.

That is the best feeling when you peck a mesmer to death.

What I think the problem is, is that people die from moa morph when they are 30% or less in health, then blame it on moa morph.
I think people want to use that skill as a scapegoat for their own lack of skill/ them getting outplayed.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KraunK.2319

KraunK.2319

We want a Moa Finisher!

#moaprophecies

I’m the Italian in Algeri

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maliken.5630

Maliken.5630

Just wondering, when this skill is used on a elementalist and a warrior, do they both have the same stats as a moa, or does the warrior has naturaly more armour and vitality then the elementalist? If its the second, then i dont think its fair.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Moa is the skill that a Mesmer equips when he can’t beat you in a fair fight. It’s a bit dumb, no doubt, and basically a free win against any glass-cannon/berserker build. But there are worse things and they do have to sacrifice two other potentially good skills to get it.

But with 99% of Mesmers running some form of PU nowadays, we see every little of Moa.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

uh 99% run PU? Am I the famed 1% then? I feel so special

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

uh 99% run PU? Am I the famed 1% then? I feel so special

You are special. And you deserve respect for not using the training wheels that is PU.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Just wondering, when this skill is used on a elementalist and a warrior, do they both have the same stats as a moa, or does the warrior has naturaly more armour and vitality then the elementalist? If its the second, then i dont think its fair.

I believe Toughness is reduced to a Core stat across all Professions / PvE AI

However all other stats remain the same. I dont have 100% proof but thats jut my experiences from using it.

Also, What “2 other good skills” ? Time Warp hasn’t been looked at favorably since the Haste Nerf, it’s mostly a PvE or WvW thing, and Mass Invisibility is only helpful on certain builds in certain cases (PU).

Moa is good all the time in PvP, but pretty awful in PvE.. in fact it can get your entire party wiped by a rampaging Moa that deals 10k with a basic attack.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

Moa is good all the time in PvP

Link me a competitive build that would be better off using moa vs mass invis.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Why dont you ask ANet for a Buff of Moa Skill #5?

Maybe something a la “Remove Chill, Cripple and Immobilize”

This.

The moa form should let you get away if they catch you alone. They’ll capture the point anyways, and that’s what they really should want.

1. should be a skill to forfeit the fight and get away, leaving the objectives for the enemy, not a skill to waste time while they inevitably down you with countless condition spam.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Whine here whine there

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Yesterday during a pvp match I met a mesmer (the only one I witnessed yesterday), who wanted to moa me at the beginning of the fight. One dodge and his elite was useless the whole fight. I won btw

Later in the same match, I met him again. This time he didn’t open with it and while I was out of endurance, he moad me. I just continued to attack him and he went down… after some seconds I stomped him.

Moa can sometimes surprise you and be your doom. But that is very situational, and if you’re not a MM Necro, that skill shouldn’t make much of a difference anyway. That’s how I see it.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

I’d actually prefer Moa Morph to be something like 5 seconds, but 5 targets in an AE radius.
The skill is pretty meh as it is. Rarely does anything, and really doesn’t help any actual fight, only works in those size competitions which are “the duelling”.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neurophen.9738

Neurophen.9738

MoA has such a long CD that even if it was a guaranteed death sentence I doubt it would actually make a difference over the course of a typical sPvP game. Of course it isn’t necessarily a death sentence (skill 5).

Its kind of OP vs minion masters and petting zoo rangers. I would support a bug fix here but apparently ANet lack the ability to do that (as software engineer that boggles my mind).

Personally I don’t find MoA to be worth using due to the CD, I’d rather have MI or timewarp.

The moa skill

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

what are u talking about moa has not been changed for over a year. they actually made moa skills decent.and yes u can run away.im glad if someone moas me when i try to run cause then i have finally some speed boost on my mesmer. and one more thing moa doent cripple chill u. u must have gotten hit by more than 1 players then seriously.

Moa #5 was nerfed somewhere between release and now because you could escape any fights with it. I remember being thankful for mesmers turning me into a moa when I was trying to flee. Now the #5 range is nerfed making it easier for people to kill you and not make the skill a waste.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]