[Thief] Hole in the role

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

We have no access to any form of knockback, please add a flying uppercut (streetfighter style) that knocks enemys back, that is all, thanks.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i’d prefer some sort of qi punch to an uppercut. uppercuts are so.... 1980

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

you are trying to make skyhammer thief don’t ya

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I will gladly give you the knock back off of any of my various professions, if the knock back is replaces with an AoE stealth I can spam.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I will gladly give you the knock back off of any of my various professions, if the knock back is replaces with an AoE stealth I can spam.

engis and mesmers say hi

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Round-house kick or riot!!!

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

dancingmonkey.4902

engis and mesmers say hi

I play both. What do they say “hi” for?

I would gladly trade a CC skill for a stealth spam. good luck landing that “upper cut” on a stealthed player.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

We have no access to any form of knockback, please add a flying uppercut (streetfighter style) that knocks enemys back, that is all, thanks.

It doesn’t fit the character, actually. Thieves have lot of skills to chase or flee, but control options really do not seem appropriate. ScorpionWire is more than enough.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Vavume.8065

It doesn’t fit the character, actually.

I disagree, I think it fits perfectly.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

dancingmonkey.4902

It doesn’t fit the character, actually.

I disagree, I think it fits perfectly.

How does it either thematically fit, or fall into the devs posted balancing concept for it?

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

i though this was going to be a thread about the thieves role in the game not a new skill ..

but just throwing this out there"throwing knifes" to bleed

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nickxnickx.5401

nickxnickx.5401

Have fun getting rapid fired through stealth, aoe conditioned, hit, revealed, knocked out.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Have fun getting rapid fired through stealth, aoe conditioned, hit, revealed, knocked out.

I would have fun getting untargeted during the whole fight and eating the all you can eat buffet (dmg wise) at the end because im the last one standing… Because its not unusual to see a thief taking forever to bring down…

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

dancingmonkey.4902

Smells like any angry thief post, but i will reply anyway.

First i am curious, how do you die to rapid fire with stealth and 2 dodges and a reflecting elite skill?

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

First i am curious, how do you die to rapid fire with stealth and 2 dodges and a reflecting elite skill?

All classes have at least 2 dodges and yet people still get hit with RF. Funny how that works. So unless you’re saving all your dodges for rapid fire, you’re not gonna dodge it all and the long bow auto attack is just as damaging if you don’t stop it and get close. Stealth only works if the ranger has no idea what your stealth skills look like, otherwise they just start channeling when they see the animation and RF will track you in stealth. Stealth doesn’t stop damage so even if they don’t manage to get the RF off, they can always use Barrage on themselves. Most burst thieves won’t risk the HP loss+cripple to go into that area. Daggerstorm has a 90 second cd compared to the 8 of RF, not to mention it recently has developed this nasty bug of doing absolutely nothing but the animation but going on full cd. Just saying. If you’re gonna make thief sound like some god tier class who is never hit with anything, you might wanna include all factors when making your snide replies.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

All classes have at least 2 dodges and yet people still get hit with RF. Funny how that works. So unless you’re saving all your dodges for rapid fire, you’re not gonna dodge it all and the long bow auto attack is just as damaging if you don’t stop it and get close. Stealth only works if the ranger has no idea what your stealth skills look like, otherwise they just start channeling when they see the animation and RF will track you in stealth. Stealth doesn’t stop damage so even if they don’t manage to get the RF off, they can always use Barrage on themselves. Most burst thieves won’t risk the HP loss+cripple to go into that area. Daggerstorm has a 90 second cd compared to the 8 of RF, not to mention it recently has developed this nasty bug of doing absolutely nothing but the animation but going on full cd. Just saying. If you’re gonna make thief sound like some god tier class who is never hit with anything, you might wanna include all factors when making your snide replies.

Oh thieves king of the pressure get pressured by bearbow now? You should try another class to see what it’s like to play versus a thief…

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

dancingmonkey.4902

Oh thieves king of the pressure get pressured by bearbow now? You should try another class to see what it’s like to play versus a thief…

I just kind of find it a bit comical, that it offended him, that I do not find dealing with a LB ranger, while on my thief, all that difficult.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I just kind of find it a bit comical, that it offended him, that I do not find dealing with a LB ranger, while on my thief, all that difficult.

really comical compairing a burst to a Area/defensive skill learn to stealth>teleport with it and it is golden vs LB’s , time the combo with barrage port in , ranger panics using PBS or Rf(he might swap to melee but thats the idea to force him into his Defensive set)
he will ether KB himself or get a full Rf in his face , if he breaks combat apply pressure , cancel dagger storm and CC stealth+damage.
ether that or use Thiefs guild+ Cnd before or black powder and use those as Meat shields.

Just dancing about with dagger storm going its full channel from a distance isn’t going to close a gap , its like Waiting out for Endure pain to wear off.

stealth use to be annoying since it was Uncounterable through skills, now it needs Tactical play from both players, Revealed is mainly used for Team spikes to down a threat in group play if its used in roaming it is easly avoided by using LOS trees.,

I was happy with the 4second reveal but that allowed a thief to hide behind Los and vanish (heal in stealth) too often recovering damage too quickly, so 6secs is enough for a pet to try and flush you out of cover, but not too long for a kill or to down a thief, this kinda Encouages Active pet play too if a ranger can’t LoS you.

I hate fighting in Enclosed areas and players should aim for that while playing thief the open field isn’t the best place to fight a Archer build, rangers can gap widen like no tommorrow but they still can’t disenage well at all unless they build for it like other classes and with a LB on that greatly reduces the chances of a Disengage, in these areas.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Vavume.8065

This is not a thief vs ranger thread, please stay on topic or leave.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

You can have my battering ram. I will trade it for a signet of agility

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Fun fact: Thieves do indeed have access to knockback with the Shoot Rifle skill as well as the Cheap Shot underwater downed skill.

Fun fact 2: Neither of these skills are available in sPvP

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

If Thieves were given more CC, I’d be fine with giving other professions access to stealth. I think people would QQ less about “stealth spam” less if they actually played around with it.

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

[Thief] Hole in the role

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nickxnickx.5401

nickxnickx.5401

I have and it’s incredibly easy once you know how thief works. Also.. when I say incredibly easy, i mean just that.

Also when I was referring to stealth. (“Have fun getting rapid fired through stealth, aoe conditioned, hit, revealed, knocked out.”)

I meant stealth in general, not just against rangers. (I get why it looks like I’m pointing at rangers) People think stealth is this “Oh kitten!” button, but its not. Seriously all you have to do is drop an aoe or swing auto attack.

Its not much different than a warrior running off with his greatsword to get away. At least we are somewhat in the area. A marked area. Also if we’re not talking about shadow refuge…all other stealth skills last like 3 sec max for thief. So just look around.