To all of you crying about the Skill Bar

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

Stop the tears.

Your time will come. Your class didn’t even get its kitten announced yet.

So wait a bit. Then you can cry

Then the mesmers can cry when they nerf PU, phantasms and shatters while still completely ignoring the ridiculous amount of bugs that have been around for as long as I have been playing.

Then the Necros can cry about the lichform losing stability (prediction) and the fact that their minions still have better things to do than attack what you want them to attack.

Then the elementalists can cry about how they didn’t receive immunity to chill as a brand new adapt minor trait( I don’t play one so I had to wing it)

Then the guardians can cry about the 3 lines of tool tip fixes and being in a good place.

Then the thieves can cry about the incoming nerfs to S/D without any real “give back”. Engineers leering at you through their goggles and pointing you out to everyone. And if engies are absent then you are gonna get your legs humped by a drakehound or a couple of hyenas.

Oh yeah I almost forgot … and last but certainly not least

Then the warriors can cry about the fact that they got 25 new buffs but they still cant maintain +100% run speed while invulnerable and throwing out multiple conditions with every 10k autoattack crit. The one nerf will be -10% heal on the third stage of Healing Surge because of its over use and OPness.

I don’t know that anyone was really crying. I just felt inspired to vomit this tripe onto the profession balance page.

(edited by Epidemix Revenge.4862)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiba.9701

Kiba.9701

+1 For the warriors! XD

Stormbluff Isle
Kirito Wolvesong – Mesmer
Kiba Wolvesong – Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

my warrior predictions;

nerf rush and bull’s charge by making them require a target to use. In exchange we have increased endure pain to last forever and reduced the cooldown on burst skills by 5 seconds just to keep the class balanced with the other proffesions.

the /sarcasm is strong in me today.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i hope thieves share their episode with guardians.

guardians get “you’re good on every game mode, on every spec, moving on”, then thief gets a whole show

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

guardians get “you’re good on every game mode, on every spec, moving on”, then thief gets a whole show

Of nerfs.

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

Of nerfs.

the kind of thief i like to play never gets nerfed lol. S/D can die in a corner for all i care.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

enjoy the sarcasm of the OP post, but the buffs to weak weapons/kits of the first two classes leave me intrigued.

*out of place serious response:
would like to see a reason to play P/P Thief…do it ANET

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

2 be fare tho

gaurdians r in a gud plaec

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

enjoy the sarcasm of the OP post, but the buffs to weak weapons/kits of the first two classes leave me intrigued.

they can’t make a viable P/P thief without breaking P/D and -/P. don’t hold your hopes up.

that said, i’d love to see a redesigned death blossom so it’s actually good for what D/D is made for, rather than have a condi skill (a decent one, yeah) on a power-centric set.

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

they can’t make a viable P/P thief without breaking P/D and -/P. don’t hold your hopes up.

that said, i’d love to see a redesigned death blossom so it’s actually good for what D/D is made for, rather than have a condi skill (a decent one, yeah) on a power-centric set.

I think it’s possible to make a viable PP thief if they restrict their changes to Unload. Give it the nu Rapid Fire treatment; reduce the total cast time to 1.5 sec and reduce the cost to 4 init and it’s suddenly very efficient damage.

Also, I’d love a redesigned Dancing Dagger.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Did they post a timetable for when they are discussing each profession?

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

I think it’s possible to make a viable PP thief if they restrict their changes to Unload. Give it the nu Rapid Fire treatment; reduce the total cast time to 1.5 sec and reduce the cost to 4 init and it’s suddenly very efficient damage.

Also, I’d love a redesigned Dancing Dagger.

and the build would remain the same. “spam 3, wait for ini to refill while dealing the damage of a soggy brocolli, repeat”. and it would remain crap.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I hope anet makes venoms not suck. They currently suck and they’ve been sucking since forever.

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

and the build would remain the same. “spam 3, wait for ini to refill while dealing the damage of a soggy brocolli, repeat”. and it would remain crap.

Relying on one weapon set is a build?

I hope anet makes venoms not suck. They currently suck and they’ve been sucking since forever.

Which build? Venomshare’s solid with a proper team, and the venoms have their individual places. The only one that’s really a dud is Ice Drake.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

for most classes, no.

thief isn’t most classes.

thief builds either pick a single weapon set and stick to it forever, or slap a shortbow on the other slot. the biggest incentive to swap weapons (access to other skills while the first set is on cooldown) doesn’t work for thieves, who have a “shared cooldown”.

though if you know any (good) thief builds that use anything other than shortbow (or a copy of the first set for different sigils) as the second set, i’m all ears.

in other words, a P/P build would be a build that only uses P/P as its way of dealing damage, and P/P is “spam skill 3 to death” unless they redo the other 4 pistol skills.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

warrior’s eviscerate is now unblockable because of the highly telegraphed animation, asurans are 50% smaller to fit with lore more effectively.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Dungeon PvE Mesmer uses main hand Sword on both sets because GS is counter intuitive in coordinated play.

Power Necro uses Dagger in both main hand because they have very little weapon choices (ckittene Axe, but Dagger is better unless you HAVE to range).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

PP with venoms is rather nice. You use steal (with stealth trait) then use the stealth skill followed by unload. Rampagers set does really nice damage this way. You need to run a secondary set that you are good with, i prefer DD for cnd and leaping in smoke fields.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I’m sorry what is skill bar?

I’m taking it is some new vlog like point of interest but more combat focused?

Can anybody link me some reading material?

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4743783
Starts at 17:25

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

PP with venoms is rather nice. You use steal (with stealth trait) then use the stealth skill followed by unload. Rampagers set does really nice damage this way. You need to run a secondary set that you are good with, i prefer DD for cnd and leaping in smoke fields.

intriguing…gonna o mess around on the build-maker. thanks.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQRAqa4Yl0MpppFNx6J0PNBNRx5KkCefFfxGqZAUAA-TVCBAB7o+TsKBf+EAwi+hmU+B9BBAgnAg07Pwg5PSBso0I-w

Think this was my WvW setup, havent played my thief in about two months now… i only play it “fer dah lulz”

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

If ANet continues the pattern of mostly buffs things will be much more interesting. You can cry “power creep” all you want, but once everything is OP, noting is. Honestly the only build that does really seem to be highly over-preforming is S/D Thief. Most other builds out there that feel too strong is pretty much only due to Celestial gear being imbalanced.

Builds that would be fine if not for the current power of Celestial:

• Most Ele builds
  • Axebow Warrior
  • Several Engi builds

That’s just to name a few. Any build that has access to both condi and direct power attacks are going to be much stronger with Celestial than with any specialized set. It was decent before, but the changes they got with the Ferocity update they got (I believe) a 6% boost to every stat.

If you want to test for yourself, duel someone competent using both a specialized amulet (Zerk/Rabid) on one of the builds above and then the same build with Celestial. I can say with confidence that the Celestial will make the build much more deadly. It’s even more obvious in WvW and with food buffs and guard stacks.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4743783
Starts at 17:25

Thanks, Neko. Can always count on a fellow ele.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming