Toughness/Healing/Vitality - New Armor

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

According to the Season 2 spoilers, we’re getting new armor with the toughness/healing/vitality stats.

Options? Good? Bad?
“Tanking” op?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Good

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Since the only real use I can see for this is spvp, and it likely won’t be available there, I’m not sure I see the point, unless you really want to run around like that in WvW.

I would have thought that plenty of other armor options would have been better choices.

in Profession Balance

Sagat.3285

Since the only real use I can see for this is spvp, and it likely won’t be available there, I’m not sure I see the point, unless you really want to run around like that in WvW.

I would have thought that plenty of other armor options would have been better choices.

Like what?
The community needs to stop complaining about condi tank when they’re using zerker. Other sets for crit or power build with some defense exists.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Like what?
The community needs to stop complaining about condi tank when they’re using zerker. Other sets for crit or power build with some defense exists.

There was a very long thread discussing armor stat combos in relation to pvp amulets, but the ideas are there.

One could be power as a main, precision, condi damage. Or the barbarian stats from pvp. Or – and while I might wonder how best to balance such things – stuff with boon or condi duration, or perhaps something with more of a mix, like 4 stats instead of 3. And that is really just off the top of my head.

Also was the condi tank thing directed at me?

in Profession Balance

Sagat.3285

Like what?

There was a very long thread discussing armor stat combos in relation to pvp amulets, but the ideas are there.

One could be power as a main, precision, condi damage. Or the barbarian stats from pvp. Or – and while I might wonder how best to balance such things – stuff with boon or condi duration, or perhaps something with more of a mix, like 4 stats instead of 3. And that is really just off the top of my head.

Also was the condi tank thing directed at me?

Condi tank complains are from people in general. It is not very likely that a conditioner will not run Dire in www too many zerkers out there pve is different classes like necro,guardian,engi can benefit form sets like rampager.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Condi tank complains are from people in general. It is not very likely that a conditioner will not run Dire in www too many zerkers out there pve is different classes like necro,guardian,engi can benefit form sets like rampager.

Guardian doesnt benefit from rampager at all.

And neither does necro. With necro you either go berserker or rabid. This is because scepter has low direct damage and the other weapons have low condi damage. Rampager works on engi because nades have both decent condi and direct damage.

in Profession Balance

Sagat.3285

And neither does necro. With necro you either go berserker or rabid. This is because scepter has low direct damage and the other weapons have low condi damage. Rampager works on engi because nades have both decent condi and direct damage.

Not the usual build but in my opinion it can work.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRAsf7dlsApaotCxWIEENR8QZ7I0CVHATwji3TA-TxhFABAcSAUT/wAPBABVCay+DGq+jSK/CAcAsbdrbdDGf8xHf8xb3d3d3d3tUAmLNC-e

Necro rampager is possible if you use Scepter/Focus-Axe/Dagger with Parasitic Contagion and Epidemic the damage is pretty good.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRAsf7dlsApaotCxWIEENR8QZ7I0CVHATwji3TA-TxhFABAcSAUT/wAPBABVCay+DGq+jSK/CAcAsbdrbdDGf8xHf8xb3d3d3d3tUAmLNC-e

Necro rampager is possible if you use Scepter/Focus-Axe/Dagger with Parasitic Contagion and Epidemic the damage is pretty good.

Viable in the way that they can complete content? Yes. Good? No, not even close.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tychondus.4821

Tychondus.4821

Do you have any video on how to play that build? that armor and hp looks incredibly scary.

in Profession Balance

Sagat.3285

Do you have any video on how to play that build? that armor and hp looks incredibly scary.

No video but the set-up can provide survivablity through shouts,vigor,heal on dodge,food. Damage is based on range/semi-range dps,blast help spread burn.It’s possible to change the build and go meditations. Zerker guardians have a lower or close HP pool compared to this build so medi might work better depending on your play style. Guardian naturally have low HP pool it doesn’t prevent them from pve-ing.
This a pve build btw just making sure.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

Might be an good option for commander guards and warriors who first of all want to tank as much as possible. Then maybe for bm ranger or minion necros to fulfill whatever role they in wvw might have. defending camps or something, lol

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

As long as this set doesn’t enter pvp, I see no problem. Strengthening support roles in pve and wvw is healthy, making bunker builds near invincible would not be.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”