[Warrior] Anti-Warrior FeatureLESS Pack

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

for real.

other professions getting some very SERIOUS GM traits and balances that will benefit some of an already OP builds.

so scrolling down to see what warrior gets…….“Warriors who love to dual-wield……this trait will increase your attack speed by ten percent when wielding an off-hand axe, mace, or sword

seriously ? so what about Warriors who “HATE” to dual-wield ?? , compared to what other professions are getting this is just ultimate MEH……

nvm, lets see warrior’s balance………. “Healing Signet will be reduced by 8%, Pin Down will be moving from a ¼ second cast time to a ¾ second cast time

bla bla bla, QQ won i guess here nvm, lets move on.

and a few other bugs will be fixed which were allowing more advantage than expected on the battlefield

what ?!!! i almost got happy for a second i thought they are finally and after 2 years they will fix “Rush” or “Bulls charge” or “Flurry” bugging out, BUT reading it again VERY slowly ….. nope …….. its official they hate warriors ……. really BUGS are allowing warriors advantage ?!!

nvm, move on ….. what else warriors are getting…………….. sorry thats all about Warrior…………………………………………………!!

seriously thats it ?! and you call that a FEATURE pack ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

They should introduce a GM trait that unbugs your bulls charge and rush if chosen.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

@OP maybe because warriors don’t need any new GM traits to actually perform… They are the apex predator in PvP right now. They have viable builds of every kind.
1. Burst
2. Sustain
3. Tank/Bunker
4. Condi/tank

Almost no other classes have this build diversity which is why the warrior new GM traits are lackluster. They don’t need to be more OP than they already are.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Warriors get tons of stuff.

And by warriors I mean hambow.

And by stuff I mean sigils.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Warriors don’t even NEED new traits.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tots.3056

Tots.3056

A warrior complaining? Are you even kidding me? I 100% thought you were trolling at first. Did you forget about the +1000 toughness on stunbreak? Because warriors need to be even more tanky. And did you forget about the 100% crit chance on burst skill? This means warriors don’t need precision for bursts in PvP. That leaves them open to stack all those points in another stat. Warriors have been nothing but buffed for the last year which leads me to believe all anet devs are terribad warriors who can’t pvp to save their life.

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

OP you should stop crying as warrior tears are highly sought after right now.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

New GM trait, burst skills now crit for 100%…………………

ya ok Axe now OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Looking at what Guardians got, Im seriously wondering where’s all those OP traits you are talking about. 2 GM traits for a build that doesn’t yet exist and won’t even exist after this patch…. yeah great.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

A warrior complaining? Are you even kidding me? I 100% thought you were trolling at first. Did you forget about the +1000 toughness on stunbreak? Because warriors need to be even more tanky. And did you forget about the 100% crit chance on burst skill? This means warriors don’t need precision for bursts in PvP. That leaves them open to stack all those points in another stat. Warriors have been nothing but buffed for the last year which leads me to believe all anet devs are terribad warriors who can’t pvp to save their life.

+1000 toughness once per 40s (for hambow) instead of Ire/Merciless Hammer/Defy Pain? Or incredible 30 Str trait worse than new Sigil of Intelligence? Yes, awesome traits.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

+1000 toughness once per 40s (for hambow) instead of Ire/Merciless Hammer/Defy Pain? Or incredible 30 Str trait worse than new Sigil of Intelligence? Yes, awesome traits.

Especially since defy pain = damage immunity + stunbreaker > boost to toughness.

The only GM trait that I actually thought was useful out of the bunch was that Might sharing, but its sadly tacked onto that Tactics tree.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The only GM trait that I actually thought was useful out of the bunch was that Might sharing, but its sadly tacked onto that Tactics tree.

And here I thought it would be awesome with greatsword.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

They should introduce a GM trait that unbugs your bulls charge and rush if chosen.

So very true.

I was actually excited about the new GM Traits – but sadly they’re pretty bad and don’t see any reason why they’d be used instead of what we have now.

Also the might sharing one could have been stacked on the Arms tree since the might on GS hit trait is there – but they didn’t do that.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Warrior GM traits might be a little lackluster but warriors will be getting a pretty good buff that no one else will get due to on swap sigils and fast hands.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Seriously a trait in a build that can give your allies potentially 25 stacks of might permanently and you are complaining?!

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

Seriously a trait in a build that can give your allies potentially 25 stacks of might permanently and you are complaining?!

The thing is that you have to invest 30 points into our most awful trait line in order to get it and you get no personal benefit out of it. Although I could see it work well with empower allies if your party does not have a Guardian or Ele.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

The thing is that you have to invest 30 points into our most awful trait line in order to get it and you get no personal benefit out of it. Although I could see it work well with empower allies if your party does not have a Guardian or Ele.

Really? Tactics is your worst trait line? You must play pve dungeons all day cuz it most certainly is not the worst, ever hear of shout builds? Or wh condi conversion?

@OP you dont deserve massive buffs, warrior already has so many viable build options its not necessary to give them more. Easy mode professions dont need anymore passive toys to play with.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I believe post-pack Warriors will be fine despite being treated like Rangers just this once…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Haha, Kinda funny how karma turned around. Don’t worry you warriors are still anet’s prized possession, you’ll be buffed up again in no time , just let the other classes have our moments right now.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

Can you blame the op? They didn’t get a insta gib trait like they expected…..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m getting really sick of this “Warrior is good so they don’t deserve anything else good” mentality. If you care about this game then you should want as many viable options for each class as possible.

Yes, other classes are in rough shape, but that doesn’t mean you don’t stop improving the other classes. Warrior still has plenty of worthless traits and skills. The most annoying thing right now is skills like Bull’s Charge and Rush overshooting your target or simply refusing to connect. Both skills have strong effects but when they whiff it really hurts.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

@OP maybe because warriors don’t need any new GM traits to actually perform… They are the apex predator in PvP right now. They have viable builds of every kind.
1. Burst
2. Sustain
3. Tank/Bunker
4. Condi/tank

Almost no other classes have this build diversity which is why the warrior new GM traits are lackluster. They don’t need to be more OP than they already are.

You just pulled the “Warriors are OP, so that means they don’t deserve any bug fixes, general fixes, tweaks to quality of play or any good GM traits for that matter” card.

That is completely stupid. It’s not like GM traits would make a class stupidly OP because guess what? It REQUIRES sacrifice. So since warriors are “OP” right now that justifies giving us total garbage GM Traits? Especially when ANet hypes up this “OMG NEW 40 GM TRAITS!” to keep interest in this game?

Guess what? They are nerfing Hambow builds again. Pindown has an elaborate animation and a 3x longer cast time now. Healing Signet is being nerfed by 8%. Building Momentum just received the wrath of ANet’s infamous nerfbat.

And lol @ a “sustain” build. What is that even supposed to mean? You mean shout healing right???? Lol, ok there buddy.

Hambow builds are the only A-Tier build in sPvP. Any other build is B-Tier at best. And like I said, they are nerfing that again.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Julie Yann.5379

Really? Tactics is your worst trait line? You must play pve dungeons all day cuz it most certainly is not the worst, ever hear of shout builds? Or wh condi conversion?

@OP you dont deserve massive buffs, warrior already has so many viable build options its not necessary to give them more. Easy mode professions dont need anymore passive toys to play with.

I’m in WvW 90% of the time. Yes the shout build is useful and quite good in zergs. It doesn’t change the fact that overall Tactics is our worst traitline. It has the worst minor traits out of all and the adept and master traits of really mediocre and are only a compliment to the matching Grandmaster traits, unless you want to go healing banner or healing shouts there is absolutely no reason to put any points into it. Investing 30 points into this line to allow your party to stack might which is real easy for everyone to get anyway redundant and a waste of good points.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Yes, Tactics is the worst trait line. All the minor skills are “while reviving” = terrible. Yes, Tactics lends itself to shout builds, which really hasn’t been a thing for a while now. And few play the WH conversion since they fixed the bug months ago where extra condis were getting removed. Its current “as intended” state is rather underwhelming. And, unlike you, Julie is a valuable positive contributor to the warrior threads. Go stealth back to your thief thread.

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

just found out about the other traits thanks to dulfy.

but still not even one trait is useful.

on paper some traits sounds pretty good, but once you see in what tree line are they located, you will realise how trash they are.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

With burst damage being reduced by 20% in WvW and PvE I doubt you’ll even notice the nerf to Healing Signet.

The nerf to Pin Down does seem a little unnecessary though. It has a long cooldown already and lasts…what? 1.5 seconds?

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

The devs just can’t wrap their head around the fact that they keep dumping more garbage on top of the trash they already released and are refusing to clean it up. Giving us more GM Traits is like eating a piece of candy. It’s sweet the first few minutes you eat it but leaves you hungry for the real meal and never satisfied. These new GM traits might be a slight distraction from the true problems but the players that have been around for a while will not be fooled and will most likely leave the game.

You’re losing customers Anet. Stop dropping the ball, listen to what your customer base is giving you feedback on, and take the appropriate actions to maintain our business.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

Oh you mean like “Read the Wind”? Gotta take 30 in a line just to make the Long ranged weapon hit reliably, never mind that you have to give up another trait that is necessary to make signets even useful. Be careful what you wish for, they may just give it to you and make it painfull to acquire.

On another note, not flaming you or anything as I think abilities should work as advertised instead of needing GM traits to “fix” them, just thought it was a bit funny to ask for this when a similar trait that is being implemented is causing so much rage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Yes, Tactics is the worst trait line. All the minor skills are “while reviving” = terrible. Yes, Tactics lends itself to shout builds, which really hasn’t been a thing for a while now. And few play the WH conversion since they fixed the bug months ago where extra condis were getting removed. Its current “as intended” state is rather underwhelming. And, unlike you, Julie is a valuable positive contributor to the warrior threads. Go stealth back to your thief thread.

You still get 2 condi clears in addition to the cripple/chill/immobilize clearing, even with the bug fixed it’s still strong in dealing with the condi spam that’s used these days. Also if banner is on cooldown and I see someone just go down in front of me, those minor traits do come in handy. My build is very beefy so I can take the 2 seconds it requires to get them up (unless the pain train is heading my way) and then get the might rolling in. Remember you are invulnerable for the short time when you are downed, so unhindered healing pays off. If you see a downed ally on the side lines and ignore them either that person is aweful and you know it hence why you ignored them, or you’re terrible and don’t know what group play is.

Minor traits shouldn’t influence your major trait choices, its why they’re called minor. They’re little bonuses, none of which in tactics have a draw back. Want a bad minor trait? Ill gladly give you Last Refuge.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

With burst damage being reduced by 20% in WvW and PvE I doubt you’ll even notice the nerf to Healing Signet.

The nerf to Pin Down does seem a little unnecessary though. It has a long cooldown already and lasts…what? 1.5 seconds?

25 second cooldown for 6 stacks of base 12 seconds bleed with a base 3 second immobilize

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

25 second cooldown for 6 stacks of base 12 seconds bleed with a base 3 second immobilize

For comparison, Dark Pact, another 3 second immobilize on a 25 second cooldown, deals no bleeds, low damage, and has only 600 range, yet has a 1 second cast time.

The nerf to Pin Down is entirely justified.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

jportell.2197

1. Burst
2. Sustain
3. Tank/Bunker
4. Condi/tank

You just pulled the “Warriors are OP, so that means they don’t deserve any bug fixes, general fixes, tweaks to quality of play or any good GM traits for that matter” card.

That is completely stupid. It’s not like GM traits would make a class stupidly OP because guess what? It REQUIRES sacrifice. So since warriors are “OP” right now that justifies giving us total garbage GM Traits? Especially when ANet hypes up this “OMG NEW 40 GM TRAITS!” to keep interest in this game?

Guess what? They are nerfing Hambow builds again. Pindown has an elaborate animation and a 3x longer cast time now. Healing Signet is being nerfed by 8%. Building Momentum just received the wrath of ANet’s infamous nerfbat.

And lol @ a “sustain” build. What is that even supposed to mean? You mean shout healing right???? Lol, ok there buddy.

Hambow builds are the only A-Tier build in sPvP. Any other build is B-Tier at best. And like I said, they are nerfing that again.

lol…. Not even gonna touch the shout heal. You don’t need shout heal to have sustain. Healing Signet, Cleansing Ire, Adrenal health. Bam a warrior with a zerker ammy has sustain…
It is ridiculous how much warriors are whining that they didn’t get the best new shinies…

If you look at what ANet did they took the classes that are doing the worst in PvP and gave them some of the best for the new traits.

You think warriors traits are bad… Look at guardian…. And guardian can’t even touch a warrior on so many different levels in pvp right now.

Warriors aren’t even OP because of GM traits they are OP because of a combination of adrenal health, healing signet and cleansing ire. They have hands down the absolute best defense in the game compared to every other class with only a 20 trait point sacrifice.

Edit: and the last thing warriors need to complain about is getting a nerf bat. I was dueling a condi warrior on my mesmer that had 2500 armor total. His arcing arrow hit me for 5500… No points in the power tree, no power amulet, no power runes…. and one skill from a ranged weapon does 5500 damage to someone with 2500 armor… Please warriors need their damage toned down alot and their survive.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

For comparison, Dark Pact, another 3 second immobilize on a 25 second cooldown, deals no bleeds, low damage, and has only 600 range, yet has a 1 second cast time.

The nerf to Pin Down is entirely justified.

Pin down is still overpowered for a long range immobilize. The bleed stacks need to be removed from it (they got added at some point, I never understood why).

In WvWvW, thanks to consumables etc, the immobilize can last almost 6 seconds and the 6x bleed stacks around 25 seconds.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

Pin down is still overpowered for a long range immobilize. The bleed stacks need to be removed from it (they got added at some point, I never understood why).

In WvWvW, thanks to consumables etc, the immobilize can last almost 6 seconds and the 6x bleed stacks around 25 seconds.

I think they’re there because it’s supposed to be a power/condi hybrid weapon, but the only condition it can actually apply is Burning. Ask Guardians how well only being able to apply 1 damaging condition works for them.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I think they’re there because it’s supposed to be a power/condi hybrid weapon, but the only condition it can actually apply is Burning. Ask Guardians how well only being able to apply 1 damaging condition works for them.

But that is NOT the case with warrior. Sword/sword + longbow condition warrior is a viable build. And it has access to the following conditions without the use of sigils/runes:
- bleed (25 stacks easily)
- burning
- cripple
- immobilize
- blind
- torment

That is 3 different damaging conditions. With fast hands + 4 sigils, you can add in chill+poison if you want. Warrior can also go confusion with distracting strikes + perplexity runes. Those professions who do not have as good condition removal as warrior have are gonna be toast by those conditions.

I still repeat my design mantra: A well designed skill should do one powerful thing or two medium power things, never 2-3 powerful things at same time. Skills with combine several powerful things in one, should be either made very situation or balanced with a very long cooldown (60 s). Prime example of a badly designed skill: pistol whip (thief skill which does big damage, stun and evade and has zero cooldown).

Pin down does: direct damage, 6x bleed stacks (12 s), 3 s immobilize from range and it pierces

The bleed stacks from pin down need to go. Warrior’s longbow is a good weapon even after these changes and most warriors would choose it over rifle.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

IMO looking at two sets of weapons is a mistake. You should be looking at the weapon, or MH/OH combo, on its own when it comes to its abilities.

Pin Down also pierces, by the way. I do generally agree that a single skill should not have so many things attached to it but I think that Longbow would possibly be pushed under the threshold if those bleed stacks were to disappear in their entirety. Then again, if you have the crit rating for it and the crit line trait for bleed application, you can apply a lot of bleed with the 1, and the weapon will be stronger overall with a second sigil supporting it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Pin down is op no question

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheflamingWolf.5861

TheflamingWolf.5861

Yeah tactics is awful ofcourse its like the traitline with the best traits for wvw. Imagine in wvw when you have a your groups setup with guardian + warrior +3 others and guardian uses empower to buff 12stacks might and the warrior shares those 12stacks back and everyone except warrior now has 24 and then imagine the other guys buffing might in combat and stuff you can have like atleast 10stacks all the time

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

these traits are just put in a way that you will never end with an advantage using em, on the contrary, you will end with a huge disadvantage if you ever aim to get any of em, can’t think of any build going to benefit from these.

you will get far better results in not using these traits at all.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nemka.1803

nemka.1803

1. Burst
2. Sustain
3. Tank/Bunker
4. Condi/tank

diversity is not OP.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP

Actually most of the new GM traits for any profession aren’t that great. I don’t see many being used. The best ones are probably for ele.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

While main post is a little QQey….. it is true that the new grandmasters as announced look super underwhelming… or useless… or not as strong as the other grandmasters in the same branch.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

@OP

Actually most of the new GM traits for any profession aren’t that great. I don’t see many being used. The best ones are probably for ele.

And they are only useful in PvP, where we need it

But seriously though to all the tactics QQ, have you seen the ele water GM trait?
Sort of similar, pure support that doesn’t help the user at all.
You get to put out tons of might, we increase healing power by 25%.
Stop your complaining.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Guardian communal defense says hello (in the most selfish trait line at the 30 point mark and makes you sacrifice monk’s focus/AH to get it) and it doesn’t benefit the guardian. Two of our other new GM traits are about condition damage on a class with one damaging condition and not enough cover conditions to ever make a condition build viable…and these two condition GM traits have to both be taken at the same time to work properly…face palm. Then you have a 300 vitality GM at the end of the vitality trait line…that you would have to choose instead of pure of voice…never going to happen. Final one is at the end of virtues…that directly conflicts with the design of virtues…it only works if you never actually use virtue of resolve…which is the entire purpose of traiting into virtues…to actually use them.

The short of this is…they did a terribad job with these new GM traits. Wrong trait lines, flawed logic, etc.

I’ll also agree with everyone else here…which I’m sure you already know, warriors are the top of the food chain and 100% do not need buffs. It would be ridiculous for them to add more on top of what warriors already have.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Lolwut.

Apparently 100% maximum effectiveness on class mechanic isn’t very good.

But the ranger in a tree which already has 2 necessary GM traits which requires you to pick one just got one more to improve projectile speed so your attacks can hit a strafing target.

AKA something which should be implemented by default.

Meanwhile their class mechanic is total trash and will remain trash with no real other updates.

Like, really? Warrior arguably got some of the best traits lol.

in Profession Balance

jportell.2197

1. Burst
2. Sustain
3. Tank/Bunker
4. Condi/tank

diversity is not OP.

It is OP when no other classes have even close to the same diversity…. The thinking is why take anything else when the warrior does the job just as well if not better.

And QQ all you want about warriors crappy new GM traits they will still be top dawgs come April 15th which annoys everyone but warriors apparently.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Lolwut.

Apparently 100% maximum effectiveness on class mechanic isn’t very good.

But the ranger in a tree which already has 2 necessary GM traits which requires you to pick one just got one more to improve projectile speed so your attacks can hit a strafing target.

AKA something which should be implemented by default.

Meanwhile their class mechanic is total trash and will remain trash with no real other updates.

Like, really? Warrior arguably got some of the best traits lol.

The 100% crit chance on burst is only going to benefit Axe or Rifle users with Valk gear at best. The thing about that is that even then the benefit would be marginal because you won’t have very high damage output because you won’t be critting as often with normal attack. Not to mention you’re sacrificing up to 15% extra damage on ALL your attacks which is way more useful. You could mix-and-match of course but it’s still not going to be that amazing.

All the other traits are either too weak or too specific like the Defense and Discipline traits. They might be good vs specific builds but how many are going to run them outside of duels once you now what someone is running? I’m going to go with not many. While the defensive trait will be good against Control Warriors and Pistol Whip Thieves, outside of that it’s not worthwhile. The Discipline trait is something I would like in concept, a way to counter blind spam, but with at best 1 removal every 5 seconds I won’t bother. If it was adept Tier maybe but not GM.

The Tactic’s trait WILL be enjoyable but only in a organized environment. With 2 Warriors and a venom share Thief I can see a lot of shenanigans in my future.

Also, can we please stop this “my class didn’t get good stuff so you don’t deserve good stuff either” crap? It’s not Warrior’s fault that your class has problems. We’re trying to improve our class just like you wat to improve yours and that’s all that there is to it.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Auzerous.1384

Auzerous.1384

LONG POST BELOW (tl;dr at bottom)

To start there are many unknowns coming this next big update; with completely new rune sets/sigils coming, we have no idea how these traits could compliment the new changes. Also we don’t even know if 4/5 of these traits are official. I apologize for the length of the post.

With that said, I feel that the new GM traits that we see being released for the warrior are overall not that substantial. New traits DOES NOT equal more power . New traits should provide a different functionality, and to be fair, there is some of that here. The main issue I see is what traits you sacrifice by taking these newer GM traits, but its just a balance issue that will be tweaked in time.

Strength: Burst Precision – Burst skills have an increased chance to critically hit ( Chance: 100%)

Any warrior that is building 30 into strength is most likely some form of DPS, and therefore, already has the precision/means to crit the majority of bursts if not all of them. This trait makes me wonder about a low precision DPS but only getting reliable crit on 1 or 2 skills seems strange for DPS. Also, you lose damage by not taking Berserker’s Power. Furthermore, the information I’ve seen for the new sigil of intelligence would really compete with this trait.

Arms: Dual Wield Agility- Your attack speed is increased by 10% when wielding a sword, axe or mace in your offhand.

I find this trait very odd. I will note, I see potential on sword/sword builds, since the burst skill should finish before the immobilize runs out. I could also see this being very valuable for the mace but how much is 10% going to do? Also, I’m curious about the effects on utility skills.

Defense: Rousing Resilience – Gain toughness when you break out of a stun. The amount of toughness gained is up to 1000, based on your level and lasts for 4 seconds.

Obviously just for tanks. No hammer warrior would take this and few other warriors go 30 into def. If a tank warrior runs this, they miss out on passive retaliation, which would really hurt the damage potential. Note, 1000 toughness means nothing to conditions.

Tactics: Phalanx Strength – When you grant yourself might, grant it to nearby allies as well. 6s of might is granted each time this trait triggers. (It works with blast finishers)

I can see potential. If a warrior builds 30 into tactics, he is either trying to run healing shouts or banners (support). If you take this trait, you lose the regeneration banner/healing shout options. I see great potential with Battle Standard and I think this trait is made for it. This trait basically gives an offensive support banner style instead. Little use beyond that, unless you tried 20 in arms for gs crit = might. I think that’d just be a weird build lol.

Discipline: Brawler’s Recovery – Remove blindness when you swap weapons.

Too clunky to use IMO. For example, you need to stun but have to swap to remove the blind but now you’re on the wrong weapon. The cleansing this provides would be accidental most of the time. Also, I don’t think is compares to Burst Mastery and its not enough to deal with blind spammer builds, which is the first thought when considering this trait.

TL;DR
Overall, it’s almost as if they wanted to give the warrior new options, but we didn’t really get much new functionality. In some cases, there’s too much overlap, (refer to strength trait). Or in other cases, it’s just not that useful (discipline trait). All of this is just my first impressions. The warrior is in a nice place, it would just be great to see new functionality (not more power, mind you).

AGAIN – we can’t really judge these traits fully until we see all the new changes that come with this update and we don’t even know if 4/5 of these traits actually exist. Arenanet has only revealed Dual-Wielding Agility (Arms) in the official post.

[WHO] Guild Warrior
Gate of Madness
~Might is Right~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I believe post-pack Warriors will be fine despite being treated like Rangers just this once…

slaps you

Don’t EVER compare Warriors (which are easily the most OP class in the game) not getting new traits to Rangers (the most underpowered and easily most underwhelming and red-haired stepchild) again. No Warrior can ever know the pain Rangers have received time and time again. Even daring to joke like this is an insult to the Ranger profession and to everybody who plays it and has dealt with subpar changes and constant nerfs since launch despite being the weakest class in the game!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

But… But… its only funny because it’s true.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.