Level 3 adrenaline: Fury 18 s
Range: 150

Notes
This skill can only hit one target.

Comments?
Support?
Objection?

Update:
Revised the numbers based on what Cygnus proposed. Thanks!

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Why a blast finisher?

Also the point of cleansing ire was that it was coupled to an dodgeable skill giving it some counterplay but by making such fast aoe’s well you quite remove that one.

I also don’t see the point why the greatsword needs such move.

EverythingOP

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Greatsword needs better synergy with CI, that much is true.

Phaatonn, London UK

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Why a blast finisher?

well because it is an area of effect skill?

Also the point of cleansing ire was that it was coupled to an dodgeable skill giving it some counterplay but by making such fast aoe’s well you quite remove that one.

at least the damage done by it is not a lot.

I also don’t see the point why the greatsword needs such move.

well, the current greatsword burst skill is not very good.

aye, any comments on the other parts?

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

How about escalating range and secondary effect/finisher with adrenaline, like
1 – 150 range single target hit, dealing more damage the lower your hp
2 – 400 range projectile finisher sending out 3 shockwaves which cripple for a second
3 – 600 range 5 max hit sending a 3s weakening shockwave for very little damage, but a nice 150 range cleave hit for normal damage and blash finisher under you.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

How about escalating range and secondary effect/finisher with adrenaline, like
1 – 150 range single target hit, dealing more damage the lower your hp
2 – 400 range projectile finisher sending out 3 shockwaves which cripple for a second
3 – 600 range 5 max hit sending a 3s weakening shockwave for very little damage, but a nice 150 range cleave hit for normal damage and blash finisher under you.

ooo !!! yes!

nice! okay i shall incorporate what you suggested!

but first, let me have some casual sPvP with my guild members.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

I’d agree with the damage coefficient, it’s definetly where it should be for a skill covering such a huge area (cough lb+hammer cough).
The blast however… Not so sure what to think about that one. I’d rather have it a projectile finisher instead.

RIP game 2012-2014

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Phaeton.9582

Mate I made threads like this one a year ago.. in the time it’s taken for them to (not) fix the warrior class I’ve rerolled and mastered several classes.. My current (Guardian :/) build can beat every warrior on EU, so unless they revamped it completely I don’t really care what they do to GS.

Basically GS f1 doesn’t work, and the devs have been aware of this since launch. We provided feedback and nothing seemed to happen. That’s just how it is.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Mate I made threads like this one a year ago.. in the time it’s taken for them to (not) fix the warrior class I’ve rerolled and mastered several classes.. My current (Guardian :/) build can beat every warrior on EU, so unless they revamped it completely I don’t really care what they do to GS.

Basically GS f1 doesn’t work, and the devs have been aware of this since launch. We provided feedback and nothing seemed to happen. That’s just how it is.

Is it my perception? Or is it something about west Europe. People seems to be more arrogant there. I have seem it irl, and in games. Back in college, a guy from Germany claim that every US college sucks, and yet he is clearly in it. In the forum (not just for this game), I see many EU guys claim that they are the best and can beat US left and right.

I mean seriously the world is big, claim that you can beat every warrior seems… arrogant. But what exactly is the point of you saying that?

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Phaeton.9582

The point is they’re not changing it, and there’s not much incentive to play warrior as a whole IMO anyway, which isn’t to say some players can’t make it work well. There are some great warrior mains on EU; really good players. If I didn’t think they were good it wouldn’t dissuade me from going back to warrior when they lose.

Also I’m not sure how this EU NA angst has worked its way in. Anyway try not to hate these double negatives too much.

Phaatonn, London UK

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’d agree with the damage coefficient, it’s definetly where it should be for a skill covering such a huge area (cough lb+hammer cough).
The blast however… Not so sure what to think about that one. I’d rather have it a projectile finisher instead.

what if no finisher at level 1 adrenaline, projectile at level 2 and blast at level 3?

ooo okies.
well, these official forums are just a venue for us to provide feedback. we can just only provide feedback and hope that they will consider it one day.

though it can be rather discouraging to see that it feels like as if they are not responding to our feedback at all, like, in your case, you made threads about greatsword burst skill a year ago and yet nothing has changed.

well, at least we can keep on providing feedback, the forum is free to participate as long as we do not breach any major forum rules to lose our posting rights.

That would make GS/LB build insanely OP in 1v1. Same might stacking ability like hambow but much higher damage and mobility.

Your suggestion would work without making the f1 a blast finisher.

what if the blast finisher is only available at level 3 adrenaline?

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I think everybody agrees that arcing slice is the weakest warrior burst skill, but greatsword (GS) as a weapon is NOT weak at all like many warrior players like to mislead on these forums. Greatsword is one of the most common warrior weapons in both WvWvW and pve.

Greatsword offers very solid DPS and more mobility than any other weapon in the game:
- rush 1200 (1500 with swiftness) range with 20 s (16 s traited) cooldown
- whirling blade 450 (600 range with swiftness) with 10 s (8 s traited) cooldown

This means both easy disengage, chase down enemy players and close the gaps.

Warrior doesn’t even need to invest on any utility skills, like bull’s charge or traits to gain massive amount of mobility. That is why almost every single roaming warrior runs with greatsword and GS warriors have become increasing popular in zergs as well. GS warriors have always been popular in dungeons.

Combined with mobile strikes and dogged march and swiftness it makes warrior almost unstoppable master of mobility. 100 blades deals massive damage, blade trail is 900 ranged cripple and auto attack is not weak (with forceful greatsword trait). Many people here tell that only bad players are going to eat 100 blades. This is NOT true in a group situations where CC is available. I have multiple times seen a WvWvW commander running a tanky build melt to 100 blades. First stunned or rooted and stun break already in a cooldown. At the same time it was very difficult to kill that 100 blades warrior, because he can disengage so quickly to back lines and pop on 3 skills, which make him pretty much invulnerable: endure pain, berserker stance and balanced stance/dolyak signet. This encourages very cheap style of play with almost no counter play. Only a thief (built for mobility) and another warrior can chase down, but not necessarily stop, that warrior.

I think it 100 blades should be made into the burst skill and greatsword mobility should be slightly nerfed. Arcing slice should be reworked into the GS#2 skill.

arcing slide, 1.3x damage multiplier, 130 s range, 0.5 s activation, 10 s (8 s traited) cooldown, fury for 5 seconds

with boon duration bonuses and forceful greatsword this would allow the warrior to have permanent fury without the use of any utility slot. Permanent fury + tons of easy might stacking = very good DPS, especially with some berserker trinkets
At the same time rush should have its range reduced to 900 and cooldown increased to 30 s (24 s traited)

Here is for comparison some movement skills from other professions:
- elementalist ride the lighting 40/20 s cooldown
- engineer rocket boots, 900 range, 20 s cooldown, takes up an utility slot!
- ranger swoop, 1100 range, 12 s (9.6 s traited) cooldown

Now ranger’s greatsword here looks like a winner, but one should take a note that: ranger’s greatsword offers no other movement skills. Ranger does not have the traits synergy and condition cleansing/immunity warrior has. Immobilize and stun and other forms of hard CC pretty much kill the ranger. Engineer suffers from similar problems, but to a slightly lesser degree. And both ranger and engineer are medium armor with medium health pool.

The reason why warriors are dominating all the game modes in this game mode, is that they are easy to begin with and Arenanet gave them too much resilience without nerfing their mobility at all and without really nerfing the damage. I am fine with melee doing more damage than long ranged attacks. I am fine with warrior having a lot of DPS, but there should be major weakness for every profession. I think originally warrior was designed so that cripple, blind, chilled and immobilize would stop them, but this is no longer the case.

During 2012-2013 many warrior weapons like sword (both main and offhand) received strong buffs, long bow and hammer got buffed as well, but later these two weapons were nerfed (LB #5 didn’t have those bleed stacks in the beginning to my memory. Note warrior is my 2nd played profession).

Warrior has currently access to massive amount of condition cleansing, mobility, good damage (not the best, elementalist is a winner here), good sustain and very high amount of crowd control (tied best with engineer. Engineer has better 1 target CC, warrior has much better area CC with hammer). The biggest problem is that you can have pretty much all of these in a one build. And the main reason is the ease to gaining adrenaline. It is easy to fill the adrenaline bar, so a warrior can use burst skills roughly once per 10 seconds and cleanse up to 3 conditions at same time. I would argue that cleansing ire is the best 20 point trait in the game, far better than many grandmaster traits. One way to balance this without nerfing any of the warrior burst skills is to increase the cooldown of burst skills by 33.3%-50%. Warrior would still have better condition cleansing than most of the professions and far better access to long-lasting stun.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

So one out of the seven F1’s is a bit subpar, on a weapon which gives insane mobility on low cooldowns.

Oh yeah, I can see how that should be a priority.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

tl;dr – Warriors are in a decent state, thus you must nerf before making useless skills useful.

The logic of people on this forum is crazy.

On topic, GS burst skill needs a rework. I like the idea of it giving Fury, maybe just speed up the animation and see what happens from there. This way, it would yet become more reliable without becoming a sure cleanse like longbow F1.

P.S.: this guy’s post was so long that I couldn’t save my post. Talk about fanatic QQ.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Seems lime perfect logic to me. The skills damage is almost irrelevant when you consider it can consistently cleanse conditions for me, the weapons other skills offer great mobility for me, and allow me to break soft CC. Dang right it might require nerf else where. We have to look at the skill as it fits into builds, not blindly demand a specific skill gets buffed based on the skill alone and untraited, in vacuum.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

Another thread about Arcing Slice man. I think Deniara had the right vibe going with how awesome the overall skillset of the GS is, save for the nerfing. The last thread about Arcing Slice in the Warrior forum basically concluded with the idea of maybe nerfing Cleansing Ire so that it’s not such a crutch for the profession, because the forums are certainly making it seem that way. A burst skill that is AoE, ranged, and grants multiple effects on GS, guys what would it be like if you were facing a Warrior having that capability? You have to put the changes into context.

Of course changing Arcing Slice would make it stronger and better, but would it be Balanced? " Yeah man, ever since they made Arcing Slice ranged I can’t keep my condi’s on those GS/LB Warriors, they always get that CI proc now. "

We have:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shake_It_Off
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Stamina
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Stance
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dogged_March
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Generosity
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Purity
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Lyssa
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Melandru
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Hoelbrak
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Trooper

Most would argue that these options aren’t practical for building around, and it’s true that they won’t fit into every build, but they are there. Cleansing Ire isn’t the only condition removal skill that we have, but it has the shortest recharge of anything that is in the profession. Maybe that is the issue, perhaps CI needs an internal cool down?

Otherwise, I feel like Arcing Slice becoming an aoe/ranged/multi hit skill simply to take advantage of, arguably, one of the strongest traits in the game would make no sense. I would sincerely miss having to try to land Arcing Slice if it should ever become ranged.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I agree that GS needs to become a weapon that is a viable replacement for LB. Currently, very few Warrior builds can be considered viable without a LB in their build. Skullcracker comes close, but without the ability to reliably cleanse in many, many situations it becomes worthless which is why we don’t see it more often outside of WvW roaming.

All I would want from a new GS burst is the ability to reliable activate Cleansing ire so that I don’t have to take a LB. The damage can be low, and have minimal bonus mechanics, it just has to keep be from being eaten alive by condis. There’s plenty of ways to do this. One would be changing the function to something like Spectral Wave only with more range and no knockback. It would still be blockable, blindable, and evadeable, but it would give the user a fair shot vs a build that carries a ton of soft CC. If in addition Brawler’s Recovery was changed so that Burst skills can’t be blinded (Brawler’s Rage) it would make the 2 mechanics synergize. Although, I think the revised skill would have to do something else besides just make burst unblindable, because that it really narrow for a GM level trait. Maybe something simple like applying a few stacks of vulnerability. Nothing too powerful, just something that doesn’t make the trait useless against all abut a few handful of builds.

Warrior may be strong, but I know many, myself included, that are fed up with being tied at the hip with a ranged weapon. In addition to being almost forced into taking Cleansing Ire (fixed by making Mending not terrible) there’s becoming less and less room for experimentation since almost every build need a LB, 4 in Defense, and 3 in Discipline.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

bigmonto.4215

Honestly people are actually having trouble with CI?

Its funny when I use my conditional warrior, I never have issue downing other power based warrior. And guess what I am having the most trouble against? Yes other conditional user, this is with CI on both LB and sword, both of the burst are aoe and easy to land.

See conditional users have learn to deal with conditional cleanse. It’s called a cover condition, we put a lot of weak and unimportant conditions either through sigils or runes after we apply our high stacks conditions. The goal is to let the target cleanse the unimportant ones first.

Giving GS a bit of better chance at procing CI is not going to make the game imbalanced. Because as a condition user can already put out more cover conditions than a warrior can cleanse with CI.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’m all for buffing GS ability in combat, as long as they do something about it being so good at running away. The last thing we need is for it to become the best in combat weapon that also allows you to run halfway across the map anytime you please when you start getting outplayed and reset fights repeatedly till you win.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m all for buffing GS ability in combat, as long as they do something about it being so good at running away. The last thing we need is for it to become the best in combat weapon that also allows you to run halfway across the map anytime you please when you start getting outplayed and reset fights repeatedly till you win.

If a Warrior is continuously running away, let them. Turn and go the other way and you’ll be reset as well. Being able to run away is not all that big of a deal. It’s nowhere near as bad as a Thief that can disengage and reengage instantly while still having great escape potential.

Even in WvW a single Warrior running away from a fight doesn’t really change anything. It’s a weapon that is heavily based around mobility and Rush has a decent recharge time. Nerf Rush’s ability to run away and you nerf their ability to close the distance when they use it to attack. Make it like RtL where you have to hit with it or it goes on a longer CD it would be too punishing because the skill loves to miss. Warriors also don’t have as many skills as Eles.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Until other classes have even remotely close to the build diversity, and passive effects warriors have, or those passive effects and easy build diversity are toned down, nothing about warriors should be buffed. A class that is dominant in every game mode with almost every weapon being viable shouldn’t be buffed until other classes come close to that level. Rangers, and Mesmers are in a pretty bad state right now, and the people who play warriors are still trying to get buffs.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

bigmonto.4215

Rangers, and Mesmers are in a pretty bad state right now

That is interesting. It is all in the eyes of beholder I guess.

I remember there was a thread about a guy ask if he should delete his level 80 warrior to make a fresh new Mesmer because he got beat by a Mesmer too many times.

As for Ranger, most just stand there shooting at me even when I walk up to them with my big hammer. But then sometime you see one that is unkillable, goes great damage, and can 1v2 warrior and win. And you said to yourself holy… they can do that. So I ask which one of these ranger are you?

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hey, thanks everyone for the feedback!
much appreciated!

okay, i decided to just simplify things by a lot.
i’m just gonna reduce the activation time drastically.
activation time reduced by 66% in fact, from 0.75 seconds down to 0.25 seconds but i also reduced the damage tremendously from 1.3 down to 0.5 but also increased the fury by 5 seconds over 3 adrenaline levels.

viola! the new arcing slice 2.0

Arcing Slice 2.0
“Slice your foe with an uppercut and gain fury.”
Activation: 0.25 seconds
Damage: 0.5 * Power * Weapon Strength / Target Armor
Level 1 adrenaline: Fury 10 s
Level 2 adrenaline: Fury 15 s
Level 3 adrenaline: Fury 20 s

comments?

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I feel that is a very bad idea. Making it such a low cast time removes counter play such as dodging and blocking on a skill that can do solid cleave damage, cleanse conditions, gives very long fury duration, and so on and so forth.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I feel that is a very bad idea. Making it such a low cast time removes counter play such as dodging and blocking on a skill that can do solid cleave damage, cleanse conditions, gives very long fury duration, and so on and so forth.

actually, this skill does not cleave.
the animation is an “uppercut” as in an upward slash towards the skies.
this skill can only hit one target.

well, the damage has been reduced drastically.
random dodges will still evade this skill.

blocks will stop it, the skill does not cleave.
fury can be removed very easily.

the only benefit is to be able to activate cleansing ire more easily.
but conditions can be reapplied very quickly and easily.

thanks for the feedback!

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

I’d say tone that down to 0,5 second cast time, and you have a possibly usable skill.

Buff the F1 in small increments as to not overbuff it. Increasing the Fury duration is already a significant buff. Perhaps an even more cautious approach is nessecary;

Arcing Slice 2.0
Activation: 0.50 seconds
Damage: 0.8 * Power * Weapon Strength / Target Armor
Level 1 adrenaline: Fury 6 s
Level 2 adrenaline: Fury 12 s

Does a little more damage, but less Fury in the lower adrenaline ranges. I do want a burst skill to do significant damage on it’s own, that’s just how a warrior ‘feels’ to me.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’d say tone that down to 0,5 second cast time, and you have a possibly usable skill.

Buff the F1 in small increments as to not overbuff it. Increasing the Fury duration is already a significant buff. Perhaps an even more cautious approach is nessecary;

Arcing Slice 2.0

Does a little more damage, but less Fury in the lower adrenaline ranges. I do want a burst skill to do significant damage on it’s own, that’s just how a warrior ‘feels’ to me.

i see. good points! thanks for the feedback!
okies i have now amended the figures to match yours!
now lets see what the others will say.

hopefully we will get more support this time and hopefully they (anet) might do something about it.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

hopefully we will get more support this time and hopefully they (anet) might do something about it.

While I appreciate your initiative, you will not get support for this. The general concensus is that buffing diversity to a class that’s in a good spot is not done. People want other classes to be buffed/warriors nerfed before warriors can be more diverse.

The fact that they completely overlook the possibility that both could be done at the same time is just unknown.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

Arcing Slice 2.0

I like this one better but I think that the damage modifier may be increased to 0.9, but the third charge be reduced to 18 seconds of fury. By doing this you make your skill a bit more intuitive (6 seconds of fury per chrage) but also make the damage equal or higher then any attack of the auto attack chain.

EverythingOP

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

I like this one better but I think that the damage modifier may be increased to 0.9, but the third charge be reduced to 18 seconds of fury. By doing this you make your skill a bit more intuitive (6 seconds of fury per chrage) but also make the damage equal or higher then any of the auto attack chain.

The reason I increase the increments in fury duration is because that way the warrior won’t spam his F1. Getting more Fury per bar is incentive to not use your burst until your bar is full, thus it increases the skill ceiling. Another option is to go 5-11-18.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

While I appreciate your initiative, you will not get support for this. The general concensus is that buffing diversity to a class that’s in a good spot is not done. People want other classes to be buffed/warriors nerfed before warriors can be more diverse.

The fact that they completely overlook the possibility that both could be done at the same time is just unknown.

hmmm i see. well, at least, at the moment, arcing slice is a not a bad skill for fighting stationary PvE / WvW mobs that would not block / evade / kite around etc. get some free fury and then slice them up with hundred blades.

hmmm i got the number for fury at level 3 wrong.
maybe i’ll go edit it to 5 – 11 – 18 instead

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

The reason I increase the increments in fury duration is because that way the warrior won’t spam his F1. Getting more Fury per bar is incentive to not use your burst until your bar is full, thus it increases the skill ceiling. Another option is to go 5-11-18.

6-13-20 works fine as well.

EverythingOP

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Phaeton.9582

Or keep it on a very low cast time and make it blind.

Warriors will need timed skills that do more subtle things if they’re ever going to be balanced…

But yeah just to demotivate you guys :p

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Rush-is-still-terrible/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Phaatonn-the-100db-hero-GS-F1-suggestion/first#post3404952

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

hmmm i see. well, at least, at the moment, arcing slice is a not a bad skill for fighting stationary PvE / WvW mobs that would not block / evade / kite around etc. get some free fury and then slice them up with hundred blades.

Actually, Arcing Slice is even worse in PvE. Why deplete your adrenaline, thus losing 15% damage buff for a little Fury, of which we can already get more then enough with FGJ and SoR? In PvE, no need to take other utilities.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Or keep it on a very low cast time and make it blind.

Warriors will need timed skills that do more subtle things if they’re ever going to be balanced…

But yeah just to demote are you guys :p

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Rush-is-still-terrible/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Phaatonn-the-100db-hero-GS-F1-suggestion/first#post3404952

but warriors dun blind!

eh, the first topic had quite a lot of interaction with JonathanSharp but that was 10 months ago. but nothing much was done to greatsword skills though.

instead, they went and nerf long bow.

rush is nice for the 1,200 range dash, however, the “attack” at the end of the rush is really lackluster. why can’t they made it into a “rush and joust” instead?

like, we hold the great sword in a jousting manner and then run 1,200 range in front and then stab our victims silly.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Actually, Arcing Slice is even worse in PvE. Why deplete your adrenaline, thus losing 15% damage buff for a little Fury, of which we can already get more then enough with FGJ and SoR? In PvE, no need to take other utilities.

ah, i must be referring to the veteran warg and veteran harpy events in the non-home server WvW borderlands. i seldom change my PvE / WvW build (can’t be bother to click so many times) and uses the same build for both WvW and PvE. and i don’t trait into strength traits line for the 15% extra damage from level 3 adrenaline.

(for the past 11 weeks i was casually farming veteran wargs and veteran harpies in WvW borderlands for the WvW rank up achievements for the WvW tournament season 2. can’t get myself to join a zerg. prefer to play casually in sPvP instead though.)

eh, the extra 15% really that much of a difference? O_O

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Cygnus.6903

Not just the extra 15%, but also the 10% from Slashing Power and the 3% from Stick and Move make it a total of 28%… And then I haven’t said anything about the 300 extra power.
Not going 6 into strength as a warrior in PvE is limiting any party your in basically. If you play solo, then go right ahead and use w/e. That 6 in Strength will still speed things up, though.

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

What about switching places with Whirlwind Attack and Arcing Slice? This would give us a multi-hit burst skill that could trigger Cleansing Ire while still keeping the general mechanics of the skills the same.

The downside would be, though, that the general mobility of the Greatsword would be cut back in certain instances when not in combat or when we aren’t actively fighting (running away, and some have an issue with our mobility) since Whirlwind Attack would be reliant on gaining adrenaline. This would also slow down evading with the skill if we don’t manage to get enough adrenaline. But it would give us a multi-hit burst skill. Another thing is that adrenaline would take a hit here too, sincee without traiting Furious, Whirlwind Attack would no longer give adrenaline (pretty huge).

Edit: I honestly wouldn’t like any of the skills to change so drastically, but the general consensus on the forums is shouting very loudly that we need either a) more access to condition removal outside of burst skills, b) cutting back some on how effective Cleansing Ire is, and/or c) a revised Greatsword burst skill.

The main reason for suggesting changes to the Greatsword burst skill last year was that it just sucks. I used to think it did too, but since I’ve moved away from utilities that grant consistent Fury, I have become very intimate with the skill. I think it is boiling down to the fact that in reality, the game is very hard to balance when you make this thing effective and then this thing just as effective. When you put those two things together, they are incredibly effective, but you were only attempting to make that one thing more effective by itself. If we had a trait added to the Tactics line that was just as effective as CI, well if someone specs into both of those lines, that’s pretty messy. In my opinion the same applies to our weapons in that there’s a delicate balance that has to be cared for between them.

(edited by Zagerus.8675)

[Warrior] Arcing Slice

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

How about fixing the fact that this skill isn’t an uppercut?

So, make it an uppercut, add a kd, lose the fury.