Warrior : Axe Offhand

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Warrior Axe offhand number 5 skill Whirling Axe currently does way lower damage than the axe primary auto attack skill making it worse even if you melee 5 enemies at once.

In sPVP the skill has allready recieved a 50% damage boost wich is an indication the devs are aware how lackluster the skill is.

Can we please get the damage buffed in PvE so it’s at least in line with axe auto attack?

(edited by zMajc.4659)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Warrior Axe offhand number 5 skill Whirling Axe currently does way lower damage than the axe primary auto attack skill making it worse even if you melee 5 enemies at once.

In sPVP the skill has allready recieved a 50% damage boost wich is an indication the devs are aware how lackluster the skill is.

Can we please get the damage buffed in PvE so it’s at least in line with axe auto attack?

When necros, rangers, and engineers get massive buffs in PvE then maybe they should consider this. Before that any buffs to warrior are really unjustified.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

zMajc.4659

How i knew someone who has no idea what the topic is about would come in and litter it.

The boost to axe offhand axe #5 skill would in no way make a warrior more powerful it would just make a offhand weapon considered by vast majority to be useless viable.

As it stands you can just press axe auto attack and do better damage that does cleave damage and axe offhand #5 attack is a dps loss if used.

(edited by zMajc.4659)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

Yeah i agree, it should be on par with the auto attack.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

When necros, rangers, and engineers get massive buffs in PvE then maybe they should consider this. Before that any buffs to warrior are really unjustified.

Just go away. This argument is so bad, just leave.

On topic, I agree Axe 5 needs a buff. It does, however, need to remain significantly weaker then axe auto in PvE, because it hits 5 instead of 3 targets. Also, whirldamage is better then cleave.
another option is to remove the 5 targets, and make it 3 instead. Then damage should actually be slightly higher then auto.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pacer.6143

Pacer.6143

OMG it doesn’t mean the warrior will be more powerfull just axe OH won’t be total useless.

Just buff it as it is in pvp currently, it’s enough.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

At the very least I’d like to see it reflect projectiles like the thief steal. I can deal with lower damage if it comes with a bit of utility. If the whirl finisher on it worked a bit better I could see some nice syergy with LB as well.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I never understood why they split it in the first place. Axe offhand has never been strong in pve or wvw so the 50% buff could of been implemented in all gametypes and it would still be an underpowered offhand.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

How many targets does axe auto attack hit, and how many targets does axe kitten? Answer this and you might see as to why they don’t buff it

in Profession Balance

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

How many targets does axe auto attack hit, and how many targets does axe kitten? Answer this and you might see as to why they don’t buff it

If you could use axe 5 all the time, it’d still be faster just axe auto 5 enemies to death than to use the whirl.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

Axe 5 does less total damage when hitting 5 enemies than axe auto hitting 3 enemies. So there is no reason not to buff it. You would kill 5 enemies faster with axe auto than you would by using axe 5.

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

I want necro to be buffed but that doesnt mean warrior cant have any fixes/buffs until necro does.

(edited by Moderator)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

On topic, I agree Axe 5 needs a buff. It does, however, need to remain significantly weaker then axe auto in PvE, because it hits 5 instead of 3 targets. Also, whirldamage is better then cleave.
another option is to remove the 5 targets, and make it 3 instead. Then damage should actually be slightly higher then auto.

What’s wrong with it dealing more damage than autoattack if it has a cooldown? Making it deal more damage over time would make it a worthwhile skill to use, and it’s not like people will just stop using axe auto altogether.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Personally I feel that people don’t refuse to use Axe OH because it doesn’t do enough damage. It’s because it has 0 utility. Compare it to Mace (knockdown), Shield (stun, block), Warhorn (party buffs, condition cleansing if traited)

Meanwhile if you were to describe Axe OH it’d be (bad damage). Not because aoe damage is bad (see: Arcing Arrow, Cluster Bomb) it’s because it does it over a painfully long period of time for “flavour” when the near instant nuke is obviously better.

Tldr give axe OH some utility
Like reflecting projectiles or evade or something.

in Profession Balance

zMajc.4659

Well either give it some utility and keep the low damage or boost the damage signifficantly.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Agreed. It sucks. But I wouldn’t say it is a high priority given the plethora of other weapon choices the warrior has and the need to fix truly broken classes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Why shouldn’t we strive to improve all classes so that every playstyle is viable? I see nothing wrong with having more variety, unless you just want to always play against Hambow and condi tank?

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by Moderator)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Why don’t we nerf the OP auto attack instead? It’s an auto attack. Look at Ele’s auto attack.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Why don’t we nerf the OP auto attack instead? It’s an auto attack. Look at Ele’s auto attack.

Because axe don’t have any valuable 1-5 abilities except AA chain?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

You are aware it’s a melee weapon right? Besides that axe auto attack has been nerfed. 75% of it’s damage was moved to the final hit which means in a pvp or a wvw scenario it rarely if ever hits.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Whirling Axe shouldn’t be looked at for damage but a whirl finisher and an amazing adrenaline builder.

… I still want tengu.

in Profession Balance

Rednik.3809

Whirling Axe shouldn’t be looked at for damage but a whirl finisher and an amazing adrenaline builder.

No damage, no CC, no protection, but most useless finisher in game and adrenaline builder. Yes, very useful.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Profession Balance

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

My suggestion: Shift damage from AA to WA

in Profession Balance

fellyn.5083

My suggestion: Shift damage from AA to WA

No. That would make axe main hand worthless. I’d rather axe offhand be worthless than axe main hand.

No compromise needs to be made as far as that goes. Anet has already acknowledged that the skill is underpowered by giving it a 50% damage buff in pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Considering time spend doing one thing is time spend not doing something else, i agree with putting anything related to buffing Warriors on a low priority.

Devs should do things with their time that are more pressing then buffing Warriors.

(edited by Moderator)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Loubbo.9852

Loubbo.9852

If people actually looked at the traits, the axe is made for high adrenaline building so they can use Eviserate. Lots of small fast aoe attacks into a massive single target… This is exactly what off hand axe 5 does.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

1st, I’d actually like to see some damage data.
2nd, warrior weapons are largely fine. Now look at Guardian scepter 1/2, sword auto attack 3 along with sword 2 damage and sword 3, staff 2, hammer auto attack 3 taking two years to cast, hammer 2 not tracking on the X-Axis, hammer 5 requiring you to stop running, focus/shield 5 and the warding spells on staff/hammer having INSANE cooldown timers, shield 5 not actually blocking projectiles, torch 5 not clearing condis on the caster…I mean come on =P

in Profession Balance

fellyn.5083

If people actually looked at the traits, the axe is made for high adrenaline building so they can use Eviserate. Lots of small fast aoe attacks into a massive single target… This is exactly what off hand axe 5 does.

That doesn’t max any sense. The point of building adrenaline with axe would be to either keep it or two evsicerate.

Whichever the case you’ll be losing dps using axe #5 to build adrenaline. You’re better off not using it in pretty much every scenario that exists.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Buffing a bad weapon on a bad class is fine. Doing it in lieu of buffing things that they actually need to become competitive, not so much. Trying to make warriors competitive by buffing a weapon they never used to begin with to be on par with their other bad weapons doesn’t actually fix anything.

Don’t forget that we’re talking PvE here, not PvP, where warriors are pretty low on the tier list, so don’t start whining about OMG WARRIORS OP.

in Profession Balance

Rednik.3809

1st, I’d actually like to see some damage data.
2nd, warrior weapons are largely fine. Now look at Guardian scepter 1/2, sword auto attack 3 along with sword 2 damage and sword 3, staff 2, hammer auto attack 3 taking two years to cast, hammer 2 not tracking on the X-Axis, hammer 5 requiring you to stop running, focus/shield 5 and the warding spells on staff/hammer having INSANE cooldown timers, shield 5 not actually blocking projectiles, torch 5 not clearing condis on the caster…I mean come on =P

Will trade warrior 1-5 from hammer to guardian 1-5 any time.

25 charracters

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If you want a discussion on buffing other class, create a new thread or search for a discussion there.

This is a discussion on warriors with Whirling Axe in PvE which has zero effect on PvP, which means no other class will be effected by it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by Moderator)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Please keep this thread on-topic and avoid insults and name-calling against other players.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

OMG it doesn’t mean the warrior will be more powerfull just axe OH won’t be total useless.

Just buff it as it is in pvp currently, it’s enough.

My point is your both asking for a buff to a class that dominates PVE, WvW, and PVP while other classes are useless in those areas. Pacer you said you don’t want one of the many warrior weapons to be useless. I’m angry that devs would even consider buffing this while Necros are useless in PVE as a whole. When people ask for stuff on the forums they are asking for development time whether they realize it or not. I’m arguing that before they give any buffs to warriors they should spend more time on other classes that are broken in certain environments. AKA Necros in PVE, Eles in PVP, and Rangers pretty much everywhere.

Just to clarify I’m not saying that axe offhand 5 couldn’t use a buff, but that spending time on that when other classes as a whole are useless and suffer from tons of bugs aren’t worked on first.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

runeblade.7514

My point is your both asking for a buff to a class that dominates PVE, WvW, and PVP while other classes are useless in those areas. Pacer you said you don’t want one of the many warrior weapons to be useless. I’m angry that devs would even consider buffing this while Necros are useless in PVE as a whole. When people ask for stuff on the forums they are asking for development time whether they realize it or not. I’m arguing that before they give any buffs to warriors they should spend more time on other classes that are broken in certain environments. AKA Necros in PVE, Eles in PVP, and Rangers pretty much everywhere.

Just to clarify I’m not saying that axe offhand 5 couldn’t use a buff, but that spending time on that when other classes as a whole are useless and suffer from tons of bugs aren’t worked on first.

Your point belongs in another thread.

This is a discussion about whirling axe, not about other professions.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If that point belongs in another thread, this thread belongs in another game – because all of these skills are part of a single environment, and don’t just exist in a vacuum.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t see the problem with buffing Warriors’ weaker utilities and/or weapon choices. Just because they’re very powerful using certain builds (certain builds we’ve had confirmation that are getting nerfed) doesn’t mean that we should ignore build options that are blatantly sub-par. To make that assertion is a logical fallacy.

I am, personally, in support of this +50% damage applying to PvE as well as just PvP. It could probably even get more damage than just +50%, honestly, given how bad it currently is, but I’m okay with gradual buffs as opposed to instant overbuffs.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Please keep this thread on-topic and avoid insults and name-calling against other players.

Way to stand up for pro warrior threads :p

in Profession Balance

runeblade.7514

If that point belongs in another thread, this thread belongs in another game – because all of these skills are part of a single environment, and don’t just exist in a vacuum.

So, in a mesmer forum that is discussing about staff being weak, Should I be disagreeing because Engineer’s turret is very buggy or should I discuss about how strength and weakness of the staff to make my case?

Because that is what the rubbish argument sounds like to me.

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

No buff needed. It’s one of the longest whirl finisher in the game…
If you dont know ho to use it I can’t do anything for you.

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

How is it being long a good thing ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Buffing off hand Axe would be great for warrior, really brilliant.

If they were to make axe 4 just a little bit better, you might start seeing some warriors running builds that take a modicum of skill..

Phaatonn, London UK

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Warriors have nothing to complain about. Have you SEEN the offhand axe Ranger skill 5? Thought not. Also, damage-buffing Warriors, whether it would make them OP or not (even though every other profession knows warriors are OP anyway) should be the last thing on the devs’ priorities list right now.

in Profession Balance

Redg.9807

^ Cyclone axe (axe 2) is also a whirl finisher but dont last long. Try using both in a combo field and surely you will see the difference.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dan.4398

Dan.4398

^ Cyclone axe (axe 2) is also a whirl finisher but dont last long. Try using both in a combo field and surely you will see the difference.

From the sounds of this you seem to have not tested it as whirling axe is still a bugged whirl finisher and will only throw out one bolt at the end of the attack. I have just before writing this message tested it in pve, pvp and wvw and received the same results each time.

Warriors have nothing to complain about. Have you SEEN the offhand axe Ranger skill 5? Thought not. Also, damage-buffing Warriors, whether it would make them OP or not (even though every other profession knows warriors are OP anyway) should be the last thing on the devs’ priorities list right now.

I have seen that skill and i feel that not being able to move while channeling it is fair considering it stacks vulnerability, gives you retaliation and reflects projectiles compared to whirling axe which gives nothing except damage.

in Profession Balance

Redg.9807

From the sounds of this you seem to have not tested it as whirling axe is still a bugged whirl finisher and will only throw out one bolt at the end of the attack. I have just before writing this message tested it in pve, pvp and wvw and received the same results each time.

A while since I used the skill so actually tested it again after I read your post and you are right.
But well, then the skill needs bug fix not buff.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Ranger axe 5 is actually one of the best skills ranger has, considering the massive amount of utility on top of the damage it deals.

in Profession Balance

fellyn.5083

ITT: People who completely miss the point of this section of the forums.

A small tip.. the point of this forum is not to tell others we shouldn’t talk about stuff because something completely unrelated might be worse.

As far as this section of the forum (and more specifically this thread or any like it) goes the balance of other classes weapons is completely irrelevant.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: lord matias.4219

lord matias.4219

I don’t think there is much problem to this skill to be quite honest. I run with my warrior all the time and I am specced into power hard core and when we pull a group of mobs, into a nice clump I just melt them down. THen again I have superior sigil of fire on my axe and also will hit the #4 skill right before I pop that for the +20 percent crit chance. Then I just #5 and watch the mobs health melt away, and usually that’s all it takes. unless its like marionette where I then have to hundred blade the mob to root and stack bleeds. But I never seem to have any problems with it. Maybe you can show me what your running for spec and I can help you out.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Maybe it’s the axe autoattack that needs nerfing more than cyclone needs fixing?

Warriors are flat out kittened. The warrior offhand axe skill 5 still does about double the damage of a ranger’s whirling defense, you can move while doing so, and in fact if anything most warrior weapons except for mace need damage nerfs considering how far above everybody else their damage is.

No class except the thief can do the sustained damage of a warrior, and warriors are the one class that gets away with playing in knights gear.

Ranger axe 5 is actually one of the best skills ranger has, considering the massive amount of utility on top of the damage it deals.

LOL

“Hey guys, im going to self root, effectively CC’ing myself just to reflect projectiles while doing less damage in this long channel than my own autoattack chain!”

MASSIVE UTILITY INDEED. THAT’S WHY SO MANY POWER RANGERS ARE AROUND.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I always thought axe#5 was to be used with Sharpened Axe to build up adrenaline fast o_O
I dont think its useless.