We now have 16 trait points. What is OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

I’ll start. PU shatter mesmer.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Mortgadget engineers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

PU shatter?
How does one go both 30 into choas and illusions and still generate enough clones for a shatter build without DE o.o?

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

PU shatter?
How does one go both 30 into choas and illusions and still generate enough clones for a shatter build without DE o.o?

In the title I am proposing a scenario in which we have 16 trait points to use rather than 14. With 16, you could go 0/4/6/0/6, taking DE, PU, and IP/

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

PU shatter?

In the title I am proposing a scenario in which we have 16 trait points to use rather than 14. With 16, you could go 0/4/6/0/6, taking DE, PU, and IP/

Ahh apoligies, I shouldn’t post as soon as I wake up >.>

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

PU shatter?

So you would forgo ‘Mental Torment’ with it’s +20% Bonus on Shatterdamage? Or are you speaking of Condishatter?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

PU shatter?

So you would forgo ‘Mental Torment’ with it’s +20% Bonus on Shatterdamage? Or are you speaking of Condishatter?

That is a sacrifice you would have to make even on a power build, DE PU and IP are all better traits, so you aren’t going to give one of those up for more damage.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

PU shatter?

Ahh apoligies, I shouldn’t post as soon as I wake up >.>

Or you could try actually reading the OP before posting. I guess both would work.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

6/6/0/0/4 Necromancer

Dhuumfire – Path of Corruption – Terror – Master of Terror

GG

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

06/4/6/0 Rangers with Moment of Clarity, Survival of the Fittest, and Off-hand or Martial training.

Prepare for the mega-Mauls.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

6/6/0/0/4 Necromancer

Dhuumfire – Path of Corruption – Terror – Master of Terror

GG

I just died a little inside thinking of that.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

0-6-0-4-6
zerk s/f ele fresh air
mega damage now with more sustain

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

IMO definitely 0/4/6/0/6.

I mean in WvW I could run Deceptive Evasion, PU and IP at the same time. Or in zergs you could even switch to Bountiful Disillusionment and BI, go Staff/GS and run a SoI.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

PU shatter?

as soon as I wake up >.>

“I’m gana change my ways”….. sorry couldn’t help it. Onto topic,

6/6/0/4/0 pw thief. Damage, sustain, and mobility all in one despite s/p having such a bad rep.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

2/6/6/0/6 thief D/P. Mega burst with absurd sustain from shadow arts.

? He said 16, not 20… ITS A TRAP!

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

2/6/6/0/6 thief D/P. Mega burst with absurd sustain from shadow arts.

? He said 16, not 20… ITS A TRAP!

Well the thief attempted a misdirection, its thief what do you expect?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

0/0/6/6/4 bunker guardian

AH, PoV and absolute resolution.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Confirmed:basic addition is OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

6/0/4/0/6 warrior

Burst always crits, cleansing ire, burst mastery, every Axe trait.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

funniest and most asinine thing I’ve seen the whole week.. you do realize PU and shatter work in complete opposite ways and don’t mix even slightly, right? oh wait you probably don’t even play outside of warrior or ranger…

What would be OP with 2 more trait points..

Multiple Warrior Builds would be back to being a bit too overwhelming

Guardians Might get up there but who could really say, they dont have a lot of good traits to pick from that they don’t already take.

Thieves would probably climb back to the Thrown of “only viable glass zerkers”

Eles would be pretty happy to be able to take some new traits to the party but their trees are so kittened who could really say how OP it would be.

Necros, mostly still boned

Mesmers, also still boned.

Rangers, probably also still mostly boned.

Engineers would probably only become more annoying and not so much OP..

Because lets be honest, Some classes have traits that Amplify what they are already pretty good at, or encourage certain styles of play. While other classes are crippled and reliant on traits and are nearly unplayable without or shoe horned into playing certain ways with.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

funniest and most asinine thing I’ve seen the whole week.. you do realize PU and shatter work in complete opposite ways and don’t mix even slightly, right? oh wait you probably don’t even play outside of warrior or ranger…

Guardians Might get up there but who could really say, they dont have a lot of good traits to pick from that they don’t already take.

Eles would be pretty happy to be able to take some new traits to the party but their trees are so kittened who could really say how OP it would be.

Because lets be honest, Some classes have traits that Amplify what they are already pretty good at, or encourage certain styles of play. While other classes are crippled and reliant on traits and are nearly unplayable without or shoe horned into playing certain ways with.

Actually the two can be combined currently into a not to bad might stacking shatter build… they can work and there is not really a reason why they cant work together… but I would rather see 0/4/0/6/6 shatter Mesmer, or at least test it, could be good, could be bad, with the healing shatter trait at the end of inspire.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Warriors wouldn’t be that bad.

Again I agree on Guards.

Thieves would be able to go 0/6/6/0/4 and have really good sustain extra initiative and good damage.

Eles would be able to invest into 4 or 6 into air or fire as well as water and arcana which would make them have better damage, I think this would be a huge win for them.

Necros would still have the same problems, there sustain is terrible and no amount of trait points will fix that right now.

Mesmers are where I disagree with you. PU doesn’t have to be used in a clone death build. With DE, PU, and IP you could use stealth very defensively then burst others to hell with a zerkers build.

I don’t know rangers at all so I can’t comment.

Engineers might be able to build for some condition removal with an extra 2 points, but there aren’t any build ideas that really stand out.

IMO, mesmers and eles are the most trait dependent classes (as evidence by them being the hardest to level), so I think this would be the biggest buff to them.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Theologus.7085

Theologus.7085

D/D Ele 0/2/2/6/6. One aura = 3 boons. Boons for the Boon God!

Sorry for my english, guys. I try.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

refreshing to see people complain about necro sustain when they have a 2nd health bar and spectral skills.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

D/D Ele 0/2/2/6/6. One aura = 3 boons. Boons for the Boon God!

on the D/D: either that OR 0/0/4/6/6 with either

VIII Rock Solid:
Grant stability to nearby allies when attuning to earth.
Stability: 2 s
Number of Targets: 5
Radius: 240

or

IX Geomancer’s Freedom:
You recover from crippled, immobilized, and chilled faster.
Duration decrease: 33%

or an S/F berserker bunker xD

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

refreshing to see people complain about necro sustain when they have a 2nd health bar and spectral skills.

First off, Death Shroud is not a “2nd health bar.” It’s more akin to a shield that absorbs a certain amount of damage than a health bar, simply because every necro is capable of exactly the same things while in death shroud. You trade versatility for the ability to protect your health. If it were truly a “2nd health bar”, then necros would have access to all of their skills while in death shroud. They don’t.

Second, death shroud currently makes up nearly 95% of a necro’s sustain, and very few builds have the ability to build it up quickly. That rapid buildup is also on long cooldowns. The lack of healing in death shroud means that it’s not so much sustain as it is delay. In many cases, an attrition battle becomes a ticking clock for a necro, rather than being their greatest strength like is intended.

/rant

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

sorrychief.2563

First off, Death Shroud is not a “2nd health bar.” It’s more akin to a shield that absorbs a certain amount of damage than a health bar, simply because every necro is capable of exactly the same things while in death shroud. You trade versatility for the ability to protect your health. If it were truly a “2nd health bar”, then necros would have access to all of their skills while in death shroud. They don’t.

Second, death shroud currently makes up nearly 95% of a necro’s sustain, and very few builds have the ability to build it up quickly. That rapid buildup is also on long cooldowns. The lack of healing in death shroud means that it’s not so much sustain as it is delay. In many cases, an attrition battle becomes a ticking clock for a necro, rather than being their greatest strength like is intended.

/rant

wat
DS is not a shield because it doesn’t block attacks.

these are proper blocks:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_Stance
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gear_Shield
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Virtue_of_Courage
because some people use DS to ‘block’ incomming damage doesn’t mean that is the intended purpose of the necro class mechanic. why would you buff the sustain on a class with high base hp and 2nd health bar?

sustain =/= delay

op faceroll sw/f gs dps guardian build
0/3/6/1/4
with the old lyssa runes and reverted vigor on crit would be pretty disgusting.

champion magus

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

“Shield” is a generic term. Frequently in games with health, it’s used to refer to something that absorbs a certain amount of damage before it starts affecting your actual health. Well known examples of games using this form of “shield” are Diablo 3, League of Legends, Smite, and Mass Effect. Never once did I say that death shroud was a block or anything close to it.

You yourself seem to fail to grasp what “sustain” means. Do champion mobs have great sustain? They have far more health than any player, after all. The answer is a resounding “no” because they don’t recover that health. They take a while to down, but their sustain is completely nonexistant in most cases. The same is true with necros: they take a bit more (though really, not a whole ton more) to bring down, but most of the health you take from them doesn’t get recovered. They’re resilient to burst due to high effective health, but since they lack recovery, they’re quite vulnerable to sustained damage.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Theologus.7085

Theologus.7085

Warrior 4/2/6/0/4 or 4/2/4/0/6 celestial mace/sword bow. Confusion, torment, burn, poison and long bleeds (+crit proc) + very solid direct damage, crit chance, ferocity and sustain.

Sorry for my english, guys. I try.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rem.9627

Rem.9627

wait when is this happening?
oh…kitten me…im so kitten stupid

(edited by Rem.9627)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Can’t imagine anything game changing for Rangers. I imagine you’d just see people sticking 10 into BM to buff up their pet and get some free might on pet swap, or getting some weapon CD reductions.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Snip.

Don’t call it a shield. Call it a sponge.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Profession Balance

sorrychief.2563

“Shield” is a generic term. Frequently in games with health, it’s used to refer to something that absorbs a certain amount of damage before it starts affecting your actual health. Well known examples of games using this form of “shield” are Diablo 3, League of Legends, Smite, and Mass Effect.

so, a 2nd healthbar?

Attachments:

champion magus

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

“Shield” is a generic term. Frequently in games with health, it’s used to refer to something that absorbs a certain amount of damage before it starts affecting your actual health. Well known examples of games using this form of “shield” are Diablo 3, League of Legends, Smite, and Mass Effect.

so, a 2nd healthbar?

imagine necros wielding a shield, 3 healthbars!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

so, a 2nd healthbar?

Extension of a health bar, and temporary. Not a health bar. If it were a real health bar, it would leave the necro with full access to his skills and be healable by others. These are not true of death shroud. It’s less a health bar and more an alternate mode where you can force the necro out by doing enough damage (but he’ll have to leave it anyway at some point).

My point is that it’s not a “second health bar” because it doesn’t behave like actual health. The only similarity between health and life force is that taking damage depletes them. Other than that, they behave very, very differntly.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)