Well of Blood nerf... why?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Well of Blood just received a 21% nerf to its AoE base healing, and a 45% nerf to its ratio on the AoE healing, to allow it to heal you over 5s instead of 10s.

Two questions:
1) Why nerf an already underused skill whose sole use was the fact that it was the highest healing skill in the game
2) Why was this not considered important enough to put on the preview? This is a very significant nerf, one that anyone could have told you didn’t make sense, but it wasn’t put up for public discussion.

Good news is though, Necromancers all now know that Consume Conditions is the heal of choice 100% of the time, so that’s cool I guess.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Its been Bloodbooned.

ANet wants to make it easy for newbies to get into the game. They would be overwhelmed by the amount of healing skill choice.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

Next up they nerf consume conditions so it does not cleanse condis anymore. They want to force us to use signet of vampirism.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

^Then they also have to nerf blood fiend.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

lol. It’s all because everyone kept saying that Well of Blood was better as a party heal than Signet of Vampirism. So they said, “Ok, we’ll fix that easily!”

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand NERF!

So so sad.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I didn’t quite get this change either. I sure didn’t see it coming.

Bhawb, you demanded they change the preview so we could discuss this sort of things. Why didn’t you bring this up after the preview?……………./sarcasm

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

^Then they also have to nerf blood fiend.

No one even use Blood fiends. Not even MM build uses it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Wut?

When I saw the duration reduction of HoT from field I thought “Yea, they don’t want us to have that high uptime on new light field, that’s okay, they wrap up the healing in shorter duration, WoB will be better ZvZ and PvE heal, cool”.

And now this.

I know that you can legally buy weed in Seattle shops now, but you guys must have seriously subscribed to their channel! Buy now! For me, too!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Profession Balance

Bhawb.7408

No one even use Blood fiends. Not even MM build uses it.

And yet its still better than SoV, which really shows how amazing of a skill it is.

My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

1) Arenanet cant math.

2) Necro so bad, theyre afraid to show stuff on preview and rather just backstab on patch day.

3) I think they were afraid of this leading to a thread about necro heals….. whcih we all know the state….

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Well, I on the other hand love the fact that I can finally use the signet as a hea- wait… Not Mesmer you say?

Oh right… Ahem…

When I said this game is more enjoyable with some alcohol, I meant it for the players, not for the developers… Though the stuff you drink must be really good, pass me some next time…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

a disappointingly small amount of actual changes bloated with tooltip-garbage and unmentioned stealth nerfs.

Good that i didnt expect anything else from Anet.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’m under the impression that they thought if they reduce the duration by 50%, that they then have to buff the heal by 50%. Because otherwise the numbers seem arbitrary.

But, you know… Math. So that resulted in a nerf.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I’m under the impression that they thought if they reduce the duration by 50%, that they then have to buff the heal by 50%. Because otherwise the numbers seem arbitrary.

That would still be a nerf…

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

That would still be a nerf…

Yup, just like I explained.

Really no reason to nerf what is potentially the best PVE utility skill we have on the class that majorly lacks PVE utility.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

NERF IT BECAUSE NO ONE USES IT! PEOPLE WILL USE IT NOW!!!

wait what that makes no sense… no one at ArenaNet could have seen that?

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

They should have given it equivalent healing in the 5 second duration, or at least close to equivalent. Then maybe it would be used on more than just a dedicated healer build. Also, nerfing a necro skill because every other class in the game has a leap is just harsh. This patch makes me really sad to play a necro because they nerfed any diversity necros had while increasing just about everyone elses. It is bewildering to say the least considering the class has been bottom tier in pve since launch and has only been top tier in pvp for a month.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Maybe they toned it down, because they said they fixed the vampiric rituals effect on wells. I have yet to try this ingame.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Maybe they toned it down, because they said they fixed the vampiric rituals effect on wells. I have yet to try this ingame.

Situational balance is exactly the reason they keep making really poor decisions which do more damage than good.

in Profession Balance

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I agree. Besides, vampiric rituals has been rubbish for quite a while now. Making it mandatory just to make well of blood operate as good as it used to, is a very bad move (if that was the intention at all). My guess is that they are just very bad at math though.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The only reason I can think of that they would nerf it would be because of the Light Field’s new effect on leaps, because necromancers just have TOO MANY leap finishers

More seriously, standardizing well duration, slightly buffing HP/S for the short duration, maybe expect more well changes to put it into context soon, not getting hopes up though.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

I’ve never been so enraged with a set of patch notes as with this one.

This nerf was completely uncalled for, and slams well-siphon builds hard. The best thing about WoB was the 10x tick on siphons, which has been halved with such a tiny boost to heal tick that it’s not even worth considering “compensation.”

Why they didn’t just squeeze all 10 ticks into 5 seconds like they did with the Ranger Healing Spring, I have no idea.

I use WoB all the time in my well-siphon PvE build, and now…

I’m royally kittened.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

To stay on track with their build diversity philosophy, the next step is to nerf Consume Conditions to the level of our other healing skills. That would be a merciful killing blow to necromancers after close to 2 years of tortures.

In fact, I beg you ANet: please kill this profession ASAP so that the most dedicated necro players could move on. Thank you in advance.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Profession Balance

Bhawb.7408

Afaik it was a tooltip change, not functional.

My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

They should have given it equivalent healing in the 5 second duration.

Didn’t they?

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

Didn’t they?

Nope, would have needed a 100% buff to the over time healing to keep it on par, but they only gave it 50%.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Didn’t they?

Nope, would have needed a 100% buff to the over time healing to keep it on par, but they only gave it 50%.

They also didn’t change the healing power scaling per-tick.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Didn’t they?

I am almost certain that they intended to keep the total healing the same but they made mathematical errors.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Didn’t they?

I am almost certain that they intended to keep the total healing the same but they made mathematical errors.

There seems to be a lot of those mathematical errors going around recently.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Didn’t they?

Probably. That appears to be the intent of the change, in which case, I’d be all for it. But that’s not what we got.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Well of Blood just received a 21% nerf to its AoE base healing, and a 45% nerf to its ratio on the AoE healing, to allow it to heal you over 5s instead of 10s.

Two questions:
1) Why nerf an already underused skill whose sole use was the fact that it was the highest healing skill in the game
2) Why was this not considered important enough to put on the preview? This is a very significant nerf, one that anyone could have told you didn’t make sense, but it wasn’t put up for public discussion.

Good news is though, Necromancers all now know that Consume Conditions is the heal of choice 100% of the time, so that’s cool I guess.

… light aura. You’re welcome.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Two questions:

… light aura. You’re welcome.

Yeah, forgot about that. Necros can now use their numerous leap finishers to—

Wait. Necro’s only leap finisher is on Trident.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

nagymbear.5280

You think about soloing only. In group play it would be pretty strong me thinks. 1 blast finisher equals 5 auras you cannot strip. 1 aoe on that team and you get 5 stacks of vulnerability on yourself and get hit from 5 retals. Sounds pretty strong to me, although I must admit I didn’t test this. I know how people feel about Anet, but I’m sure they on the otherhand did make some tests. Maybe light aura will stop mindless aoe spam in group content.

in Profession Balance

nagymbear.5280

You think about soloing only. In group play it would be pretty strong me thinks. 1 blast finisher equals 5 auras you cannot strip. 1 aoe on that team and you get 5 stacks of vulnerability on yourself and get hit from 5 retals. Sounds pretty strong to me, although I must admit I didn’t test this. I know how people feel about Anet, but I’m sure they on the otherhand did make some tests. Maybe light aura will stop mindless aoe spam in group content.

Oh its on leap only, my apologies. Rangers feel your pain.

in Profession Balance

Bhawb.7408

Well of Blood took a 20% nerf to its base AoE healing and a 45% nerf to its AoE ratio… so that my group could get 5s less uptime on a field that Guardians can kitten out with 100% uptime while afk? Yeah, I’m sure that makes sense to someone.

My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think Anet is a bit confused. We need MORE group utility, not less. Less grind, not more. More sustain, not less.