Weren't you trying to fix the berserker meta?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

Why did you give the major clockwork things condition reflect?

"Hey guys! We’re fixing berserker everything! Except for this event, which is arguably one of the most important ones we’ve ever released."

¬_¬

-[edit]-

Before anyone comments about "condition is bad" or gives me *any* flavor of that argument, I don’t want to hear it. If I was asking about build advice, I’d have made a topic about it. (only commenting because of another post I saw in a similar thread.)

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

(edited by Sawnic.6795)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flame Of The Titan.3649

Flame Of The Titan.3649

I said exactly this when it first came up.

They could have come up with any other kittening mechanic, like no healing skills or you have to use melee no ranged kittening ANYTHING but reflecting conditions and forcing people to just deal flat damage. Necromancers have like maybe 2 skills that don’t apply a condition..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

They haven’t implemented the Bezerker change yet. That comes next patch I believe.

Also, people are reporting after the No Condition phase there is a phase that needs heavy conditions.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Profession Balance

Sawnic.6795

They haven’t implemented the Bezerker change yet. That comes next patch I believe.

Also, people are reporting after the No Condition phase there is a phase that needs heavy conditions.

That doesn’t fix the problem of “Condition players are forced to afk or respec.”

It’s a straight up slap to the face.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

That doesn’t fix the problem of “Condition players are forced to afk or respec.”

But if there is a phase that needs heavy conditions, it’s unfair to Berserker players as they need to respec too.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

But if there is a phase that needs heavy conditions, it’s unfair to Berserker players as they need to respec too.

No, the equivalent would be if direct damage was reflected in phase II. I can just imagine the forums then…

in Profession Balance

Sawnic.6795

I have yet to see that phase because they keep failing.

The condition reflect screws more than just condition players, they’re just the hardest hit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

So anyone who is big into condition dmg just stands around out of combat for a long time until the condition phase actually starts? Shouldn’t those not dealing conditions have to then take their turn standing around doing nothing until the condition phase ends due to non-condition dmg being reflected back at them?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BillMurray.4608

BillMurray.4608

Not when Zerkers can roll face the entire time and Condition builds have to afk for half the fight. You only need a few people applying conditions anyways to hit the cond. cap.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

…Whut? Any character with a ‘zerk build still has skills that can do conditions. Their auto-attacks still work and won’t get them killed.

Reflecting conditions when some people can generate 12 stacks of bleeding or 8 stacks of confusion on their own is just asinine.

Condition damage/duration is 20% of the build options on the trait lines. Several classes are much more highly dependent on CC and condition damage than others. The reflect condition phase is just insulting.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

Direct damage is still effective during the condition phase. So there is nothing against DD builds. Only the anti condi kitten.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

in Profession Balance

Delvoire.8930

Or just Dodge/Roll until the phase that requires Conditions to begin?

in Profession Balance

Sawnic.6795

So we’re back to “afk til conditions start.”

It doesn’t fix the problem that Zerkers can faceroll the whole fight, but Condition builds have to wait however long and be yelled at by people who don’t know the mechanics.

in Profession Balance

Delvoire.8930

It doesn’t fix the problem that Zerkers can faceroll the whole fight, but Condition builds have to wait however long and be yelled at by people who don’t know the mechanics.

So I’m just curious then, what is your solution? Do they remove the mechanic from the game so the fight is rather simple? Do they just tone down the intensity of the reflect mechanic?

Get rid of the Zerker Vs. Condition for this. Seeing as how they are going to implement a change to the Zerker build in the March 18th Patch or soon after.

The real question is how can this fight be accomplished with the game mechanics in place.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

condition is bad

in Profession Balance

Sawnic.6795

So I’m just curious then, what is your solution? Do they remove the mechanic from the game so the fight is rather simple? Do they just tone down the intensity of the reflect mechanic?

Get rid of the Zerker Vs. Condition for this. Seeing as how they are going to implement a change to the Zerker build in the March 18th Patch or soon after.

The real question is how can this fight be accomplished with the game mechanics in place.

The proper fix would be either remove the buff (which I would like to avoid) or add a buff during P2 that does a reflect on raw damage, but reduced damage reflection if it’s a DoT-applying skill.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be slapped. There are minor traits and major traits that GIVE A CONDITION UPON CRITICALS. If you critical just once in this fight, you just gave yourself a condition. If you’re unlucky enough for that to keep going, it’s possible to kill yourself through no fault on your own, but through passive abilities every class has.

Fields do the same thing when a projectile goes through them, which is even worse due to eles and Mesmers tossing down fields as THEIR PRIMARY SOURCE OF DAMAGE AND SUPPORT. I kept giving conditions due to long-ranging it (you have to or get downed almost instantly) and had to stealth constantly to remove them to avoid dying. Anet, NEVER let this mechanic come up again, it screws over everybody.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I said exactly this when it first came up.

They could have come up with any other kittening mechanic, like no healing skills or you have to use melee no ranged kittening ANYTHING but reflecting conditions and forcing people to just deal flat damage. Necromancers have like maybe 2 skills that don’t apply a condition..

I had to buy an axe for this fight XD

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

The proper fix would be either remove the buff (which I would like to avoid) or add a buff during P2 that does a reflect on raw damage, but reduced damage reflection if it’s a DoT-applying skill.

Considering that making boons/conditions a specialized thing is actually very simple (Miasma, etc), they could have made a Condition Retaliation buff during that phase. So, if condition players are willing to manage/sacrifice HP to continue with afflictions, they can, but it also doesn’t completely cut out their ability to do white damage with their skills that also inflict conditions.

As it is, right now, there are certain classes/weapons/builds that can’t even auto-attack because they’ll drop from the backlash.

And for those who say “switch builds l2p”, I recommend attending several hours of game design courses. Or at least look up the concept of “agency” in gaming, then realize [why] standing around dodging for an entire boss phase is unacceptable.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

takes a drink

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

you people do realize. There is a point where you need condis for the fight…right?

in Profession Balance

Sawnic.6795

you people do realize. There is a point where you need condis for the fight…right?

That was covered.

And why was this moved to the profession balance board?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

That was covered.

I thought id just let you guys know again that condis are needed for the most important part of the fight. The burst phase needs da condi spammers. So you guys do matter. Sure not in the beginning but in the most important part. Without you the full zerk guys wont be doing max dmg to it at burst phase.

in Profession Balance

Sawnic.6795

That was covered.

I thought id just let you guys know again that condis are needed for the most important part of the fight. The burst phase needs da condi spammers. So you guys do matter. Sure not in the beginning but in the most important part. Without you the full zerk guys wont be doing max dmg to it at burst phase.

Oh, so we’re not important in the sense that we’re contributing, only that we’re making the raw damage players better.

How is that any better?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

That was covered.

Oh, so we’re not important in the sense that we’re contributing, only that we’re making the raw damage players better.

How is that any better?

Well conditions are sort of supposed to be support and not equivalent DPS, so it kind of fits.

in Profession Balance

Sawnic.6795

That was covered.

How is that any better?

Well conditions are sort of supposed to be support and not equivalent DPS, so it kind of fits.

I’m not even sure how to respond to this.

It’s kind of like saying “Raw damage is supposed to sort of kind of be complimentary to DoTs.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Actually no, that phase can be zerked through.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November