What build do you want to see nerfed/deleted?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Do not list skills or traits. e.g healing signet

Only builds.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

MM, PU, pure cancers.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dammerung.6419

Dammerung.6419

Can I list an entire profession? Delete thieves!
That would be living the dream!

Any perplexity build on all classes (mostly warr, thief, engi).

Condi warrior.

Nade spam engi.

Condimancer.

You might notice a theme…. Down with condis! My poor mesmer body can’t handle it

in Profession Balance

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

Nerfing and deleting is a terrible way to approach things with the current state of the game.
Most of the problems I’ve seen with overpowered builds tended to be with builds that are impossible to react to because of short casting times or random procs, or builds like warrior hambows who have cc immunity, damage immunity, and condition immunity without having to actively react against the things they are immune against. All Asurans as well, regardless of build.
Those sorts of things need to become much more active or have a way to counter them without randomly dodging, not simply nerfed or deleted. Nerfing makes the problem smaller, but doesn’t fix it, even if it gets nerfed into uselessness.

That is the reasoning why I think this thread will become counterproductive. It points in the wrong direction.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

PU Mesmers
They are so annoying.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Hammer Warrior, Lockdown Mesmer, D/P stealth spam Thief.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Is this for WvW or for PvP. The answers are different depending on which gamemode.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

I don’t want to see any build deleted or nerfed, I want to see the game balanced so more builds are viable not less!

in Profession Balance

runeblade.7514

Is this for WvW or for PvP. The answers are different depending on which gamemode.

Doesn’t matter, even PvE builds count.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Most conditions builds that are hard to kill and still hit like a truck
Invulnerability warrior
Decap engineer
Grenade spam random troll engineer
PU mesmers

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Instead of builds can I just say dire armor?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Elementalist, the whole class should be erased, they are so kitten annoying.
Reminds me of a bee when they run around with their daggers and shocking aura and trying to dmg you, and then suddenly run away to heal up. And looks so silly when they spam scepter 1 from air attunement along with some 2’s and 3’s walking towards you for a RtL and an updraft for some extra dmg and knockback. And gc staff elementalist doing way too much AoE dmg over capture points, while they die with 2-3 hits, annoying.

Minion Necromancer, minions automatically doing most of the job, while also the necromancer can cause devastating dmg and control. And they are so weak to high AoE that it’s silly.

Spirit rangers, too much dodge, protection and 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 with spirits.

Well, nah, I think everything’s fine, but I think there should be more build variation and more possible roles for all classes.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Elementalist, the whole class should be erased, they are so kitten annoying.
Reminds me of a bee when they run around with their daggers and shocking aura and trying to dmg you, and then suddenly run away to heal up. And looks so silly when they spam scepter 1 from air attunement along with some 2’s and 3’s walking towards you for a RtL and an updraft for some extra dmg and knockback. And gc staff elementalist doing way too much AoE dmg over capture points, while they die with 2-3 hits, annoying.

Minion Necromancer, minions automatically doing most of the job, while also the necromancer can cause devastating dmg and control. And they are so weak to high AoE that it’s silly.

Spirit rangers, too much dodge, protection and 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 with spirits.

Well, nah, I think everything’s fine, but I think there should be more build variation and more possible roles for all classes.

I lol’d.
I personally hate spirit rangers and stealthspam thieves, because both are low skillcap builds that have a disproportionate increase in effectiveness when fighting high skillcap builds, something that is to my mind somewhat silly.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Since most builds rely on one or two skills to be effective, this thread is a fail.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Since most builds rely on one or two skills to be effective, this thread is a fail.

Are we talking about Path of Exile now?
But for real, even the most passive of warrior builds requires you to use all of your weapon skills.
Although come to think of it spirit ranger does rely somewhat excessively on autos, but they’re still relying on their heal and have to use their various spirits, which already makes more than two skills.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: hunterkiller.5419

hunterkiller.5419

Nerf and delete every skill, only build is everyone does the same damage and can only auto attack. LOL

Nerfing doesn’t really help, it is wise to balance the game so more builds are viable. (can’t believe CS:GO is doing way better in listening to players and actually experimenting to allow all weapons to be used)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Judging from the Ranger CDI thread it looks like 7 of the 8 classes in this game will be completely eviscerated by July so that should be entertaining.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Builds that need a nerf imo:

sPvP

1. Any build that promotes AI spam like Minion Masters and Spirit Rangers.

2. Decap Engi, because it’s a cheese build.

3. Bunker Guardians because Bunkers are lame and make the game less fun.

4. Minor tweaks to PU Mesmers, D/P Thieves and S/D Thieves.

5. Anything that applies conditions in an AoE should be looked at.

But really, all classes could use some nerfs in some areas.

WvW builds that need a nerf:

1. PU Mesmers

2. Condition spaming Engineers.

3. Warriors in general

4. Dhuumfire Necros

5. D/P Thieves (maybe not after Ferocity)

6. ….

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

While i think this whole thread is just troll … I will treat it serious non the less…

I think no build or class should be nerfed. There should be a clear power plateau set (decided upon) and all builds, professions should receive buffs to be brought to that power plateau.

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I agree with Arghore, this thread is just a troll so here goes…
Just delete all the classes so everyone will stop QQing

on an even more serious note: Nothing should be nerfed. in PvE- 25 stacks of X condition needs to changed to even higher stacks, so condition builds can match to zerker in some way

on PvP/WvW- everyone needs to learn to actually play against the class they hate the most or learn to play just in general, then they can see that the real issue is something class debilitating VS they just find it unfair because of whatever QQ reason.. then everyone will join together in harmony & sing to anet of profession woes (who won’t listen & do something the complete opposite OR finally decide 8 months later “Hmm I guess they didn’t like that nerf…” )

(edited by Chasind.3128)

in Profession Balance

runeblade.7514

While i think this whole thread is just troll … I will treat it serious non the less…

I think no build or class should be nerfed. There should be a clear power plateau set (decided upon) and all builds, professions should receive buffs to be brought to that power plateau.

If you got ideas, please visit this thread.

This is for a different discussion.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: papajim.6380

papajim.6380

its funny that people want to get decap engie delete/nerf and the nade build too,because basically these are the only two builds worthy enough to go through the macro-nightmare kit engie is….

(edited by papajim.6380)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Hambow warriors (mostly hammer warriors), PU mesmers, MM necros, and D/P thieves.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I will just refer to my signature in threads like these.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

condition spam
thieves spam
backstab spam
HS spam

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Builds that need a nerf imo:

sPvP

1. Any build that promotes AI spam like Minion Masters and Spirit Rangers.

2. Decap Engi, because it’s a cheese build.

3. Bunker Guardians because Bunkers are lame and make the game less fun.

4. Minor tweaks to PU Mesmers, D/P Thieves and S/D Thieves.

5. Anything that applies conditions in an AoE should be looked at.

But really, all classes could use some nerfs in some areas.

WvW builds that need a nerf:

1. PU Mesmers

2. Condition spaming Engineers.

3. Warriors in general

4. Dhuumfire Necros

5. D/P Thieves (maybe not after Ferocity)

6. ….

I like this list. I wouldn’t list D/P or S/D thieves though in the PvP section. That’s old meta. The new meta is S/P which is way more difficult to fight against.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Can I list an entire profession? Delete thieves!
That would be living the dream!

Any perplexity build on all classes (mostly warr, thief, engi).

Condi warrior.

Nade spam engi.

Condimancer.

You might notice a theme…. Down with condis! My poor mesmer body can’t handle it

this guy is onto something, +1, would give more if possible.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

PU mesmers
-Crippling Dissipation and Debilitating Dissipation traits having their affects applied when a clone/phantasm is replaced instead of when they are killed
-PU increasing cloak duration….. wtf at least give stealth some counters if you are going to give these sorts of buffs
-Damage through conditions not applying the revealed effect

Stealth/blind spam thieves
-ridiculous initiative regen when traited (Kelptomaniac + Quick Recovery + Patience + Quick Pockets all combined)
-smoke field (from black powder) + leap finisher (from heartseeker) combined with the above issue = stealth on demand

(edited by Deli.1302)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I don’t understand why you want to hit the builds when the skills and traits make up the build. If you break those traits and skills you cause the domino effect that topples people not using the “righteous meta” builds.

Devona’s Rest

in Profession Balance

runeblade.7514

I don’t understand why you want to hit the builds when the skills and traits make up the build. If you break those traits and skills you cause the domino effect that topples people not using the “righteous meta” builds.

Then first list the build you hate and you can go ahead and blame the skill for the reason why the build exist.

I don’t want this thread to devolve into healing signet thread.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

to those wanting the spirit ranger to be nerfed consider this

• that is the only build rangers currently have that can at least keep them toe to toe with 4/7 of the other professions
  • we know it is a gimmicky build but we have no alternative that is anywhere near as viable hence why the CDI page is now approaching 40 pages.
  • try playing a ranger for a month and see how crappy our build options really are when you don’t want to be annihilated by the majority of other professions or even your own profession running spirits.
Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Then first list the build you hate and you can go ahead and blame the skill for the reason why the build exist.

For me?
Anything that can chain CC such as stun, fear or immobilize.
Players don’t get by with the stun breakers/condition removal we have. We don’t have defiant either and stability doesn’t seem to last long enough effectively combat rampant CC.

Mechanically, I just don’t like how CC is handled in PvP and PvE, but I like daze. Daze is pretty useful and at least you can still move if dazed.

Still like someone mentioned earlier. I don’t necessarily like builds being specifically targeted or singled out. It’s already a hard enough task for the team to balance interactions between the skills, traits and the players without singularly hitting on a build.

Devona’s Rest

in Profession Balance

runeblade.7514

For me?
Anything that can chain CC such as stun, fear or immobilize.
Players don’t get by with the stun breakers/condition removal we have. We don’t have defiant either and stability doesn’t seem to last long enough effectively combat rampant CC.

Mechanically, I just don’t like how CC is handled in PvP and PvE, but I like daze. Daze is pretty useful and at least you can still move if dazed.

Still like someone mentioned earlier. I don’t necessarily like builds being specifically targeted or singled out. It’s already a hard enough task for the team to balance interactions between the skills, traits and the players without singularly hitting on a build.

This is why I didn’t really want people to list skills/traits.

You did not list builds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

I would really like to see some sort of diminishing return on cc. yes i know there are runes and food but it really feels like its not enough. Maybe have it work like the condition cap in pve on a mob or boss. say…1 or 2 players can land their cc on you, after you break it you are immune for ..3 seconds?

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

The problem is there are some great builds out there for 1v1 that don’t bring anything to the table in a 5v5 or ZvZ such as a Condi/Bunker warrior. I have that spec just for when I felt like roaming around. I haven’t played in a few weeks due to having lost my flame for the game and what it seems like an eternity to see some decent patch notes but for the warrior I have my shouts heal me for nearly 2.5k, my condition damage was high enough for 110+ ticks on bleeds, and I had a stupid amount of condition removal, and very decent sustain + burst healing. The only thing I lacked was a hard counter to a couple different sources of burst (ie. 2-3 glass cannons focus firing). If I played smart I was able to do 1v3 or more sometimes.

There are too many cheese builds out there to name them all and too many fixes/nerfs/buffs needed right now to make the game enjoyable. Once Anet finds a good point where the mount of complaining and shouts for buffs/nerfs starts to die down to a select few different traits/skills then I may return.

This is mine and it’s probably about as annoying as it can get for a 1v1. (I run full exotics but if I spent the time for ascended, this is the potential)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIAQNAscTnMdQlH25BmCCnIGQQK0wq4oY8Wi0DxANSDA-z0BBYhCi0CgkIBKNtIas12FRjVPjIqWfEjQALWDA-w

Usually 100% uptime on swiftness and fury when in combat. High uptime on Might, generally above 9 stacks since I swap weapons almost every 10 seconds. I sometimes swap out Lung Capacity for Shrug It Off just for that extra heal.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Nerfs:
Necros: MM and dhuumfire.
Engineer: Decap

Delete:
1. Warrior.
Top mobility
Top Hp and defense
Top cc
Top damage
Top sustain
Easiest and most forgiving class to play.

2. Mesmers
Flawed design

That’s it.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.