What is happening to this game....

in Profession Balance

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

I fought a poorly played shout/celestial bow/gs warrior the other day with shatter, I won then he starts complaining about me spamming mind wrack and how I can spam clones (note that I use deceptive evasion which creates clones that does 20 dmg per hit -__-). When I asked about how he can heal 2k+ every 20 seconds he tells me his skills are balanced.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

What does your story about a loser throwing a tantrum, have to do with professional balance?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bitty.1409

Bitty.1409

was it korean knight haha, definitely sounds like him. I play fresh air S/F ele and he always says that i’m a “D/D ele noob” then I always say “I’m playing S/F….” then he goes on to say, “Ele – noob”. He really just makes me laugh, don’t let him get to you and don’t listen to anything he says.
-Shnicky

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

(edited by Bitty.1409)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If you think mesmer is OP, you’ve never faced a D/D cele ele.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

I beat D/D cele ele with my phantasm build. Key is to use phantasmal disenchanter and null field

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Not to say that this game doesn’t need balance work, but this seems more like a player issue on his part than any sort of balance problem either way.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Enjoy the tears and make him cry more!

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

If you think mesmer is OP, you’ve never faced a D/D cele ele.

To be fair, my apothecary bunker regen Ranger absolutely rekz d/d cele eles. I have mained Ranger since the start, but I’m by no means one of the best Rangers.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

OP: This is not the game problem, it’s the community problem. However, the community is like that for a good 10 years, unfortunately….
The worst thing is that it affects games as well….

#ELEtism 4ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

PvP is what is happening. Any time players find something they think they can do “competitively” (doesn’t have to be PvP, depends on game), they start getting toxic. And when they get toxic, they make other people the same because everyone starts blaming everyone else (and the devs) right away, for everything.

It’s not even a think unique to MMOs. Fanbois for any game will either go 110% justification, or completely violent. They hyped it too much, they take it too serious, now it either has to be perfect even if they’re ignoring that it isn’t, or the devs should be hounded because they screwed up and it’s SRSBZ.

I considered in the past whether one couldn’t partially remove this problem by eliminating all numbers from a MMO. While players could still do some testing spamming a skill and frame-capturing time-to-kill, it’s difficult to argue how specific effects interact in PvP especially because now the complexity-space is too large to test this. And the devs just need to tweak a number and all research goes down the drain again, much worse if they actually changed functionality but the net effect seems very similar to players.

Clarification: I mean all numbers. No HP count, no stat values, not even durations. “Causes moderate bleeding damage over a short amount of time.”, “Gives a high amount of Vitality”, “Very resilient to damage”, “Regenerate a small amount of health over a long time”, etc. Icons would have no duration listen, just whether you have them.
Ofc, a game would have to be built around it from the get go.

But effectively, while you can dry-test individual effects it makes class-comparison just about impossible due to a total lack of data. Even complaining that someone else got something better because difficult because… do they? Hell you don’t even know whether weakness debuff symbol X and weakness debuff symbol Y cause the same -50%, could be different!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

was it korean knight haha, definitely sounds like him. I play fresh air S/F ele and he always says that i’m a “D/D ele noob” then I always say “I’m playing S/F….” then he goes on to say, “Ele – noob”. He really just makes me laugh, don’t let him get to you and don’t listen to anything he says.
-Shnicky

Are you referring to Kitt? ( Korean Knight), havent seen him whine or complain.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

People usually cry about balance, but a lot of it is player ability. Some people are just better than others and can make a build look great.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Me Engineer vs d/d Ele.

He wasn’t mad. 10/10

Attachments:

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I would have been very surprised had he beat you.

And while he might be a tool, this is a big problem with this game. There are a lot of hard counters to the builds people run and it gets very frustrating.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Profession Balance

Tao.5096

Despite some builds are frustrating – for me are S/P + GS Mesmers.
Lot of Stealth + Aegis and other block spams.

But so far, I have noticed that only d/d eles are raging and flaming – at least me.
And it doesn’t matter what I play – power necro, engineer or Warrior(not hambow).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Me Engineer vs d/d Ele.

He wasn’t mad. 10/10

That picture reminds me why I don’t PvP.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Tao.5096

Another celestial d/d ele vs war.

P.S. – Warrior needs boon Regen.

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since there is little basis in this topic for a constructive discussion about profession balance, it is now closed.