Where the hundred blade cast time reduction?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

huh?

Anet? ~~~

net?

et?

t?

i’m waiting for it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

why would you use 100b when you have Rapid Fire on ranger ?

• its ranged can get it to 1500 range
  • almost same cd
  • faster cast time
  • Combo Finisher
  • 10 hits
  • 10 stacks of Vulnerability
  • can Pierce when traited
  • it keeps tracking target
  • does not root you while channeling
  • easy to spam
  • braindead to use unlike setting 100b

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Agree.. 100b kinda sucks in pvp when knowing you need to build around it.. cost you a utility or another weapon set to even land 80% of 100b…

where others can do it from range and faster and without any other utility setup or whatever.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

So one single aspect, just a fraction of what makes a single weapon, is worst then a fraction of what makes another weapon for another profession. This is an entirely arbitrary comparison by the way.
And based on this, the former should be buffed.

Well, Warriors have more baseline health and armor. So i suppose Rangers should get a buff to baseline health and armor. Because thats how this works, apparently.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

So one single aspect, just a fraction of what makes a single weapon, is worst then a fraction of what makes another weapon for another profession. This is an entirely arbitrary comparison by the way.
And based on this, the former should be buffed.

Well, Warriors have more baseline health and armor. So i suppose Rangers should get a buff to baseline health and armor. Because thats how this works, apparently.

weird post..

Like LB is only good for rapid fire. so there is no stealth and knockback on it? or decent AA?….. what does GS warrior have? besides run skills.. a good Whirlwind.. decent slow cripple skill.. lame AA.. hard to hit 100b. and now a somewhat better F1..

Ow warriors have heavy armor? so rangers dont have protection right? because a ranger with protection is still more reduction compared to a warrior..

Endure pain? ranger got it +2sec more..
No evade? sword… block? > GS… with also a leap better compared to rush…

Etc etc..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Warriors don’t have to have the best of everything all the time. #FirstTierClassProblems

in Profession Balance

Terrahero.9358

Ow warriors have heavy armor? so rangers dont have protection right? because a ranger with protection is still more reduction compared to a warrior..

Ow so youre telling me that a profession is more then just individual pieces?

Gee, who knew…

Just because Warriors dont have the best of something doesnt mean they need to be buffed.

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

Gee, who knew…

Just because Warriors dont have the best of something doesnt mean they need to be buffed.

Tell me what warrior is the best at?
PvP wise?
Bunker?
Burst?
Mobility?
None of those

actually, i don’t care, i never compared hundred blade to rapid fire, if i did, i would start be asking for 1500 range hundred blade.
Just give me the cast time reduc

Anet, kitten~ i love you~~ please.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

PvP wise?
Bunker?
Burst?
Mobility?
None of those

actually, i don’t care, i never compared hundred blade to rapid fire, if i did, i would start be asking for 1500 range hundred blade.

They may not be the best at those things. The problem is that they are really good at all of them in a way that no other profession is.

The problem is that you made this thread. You made a question like demand. Yet you offered absolutely no reasoning as to why the skill deserves it in any way. If you want anyone to take you seriously, especially as the creator of the thread, you should have been prepared to offer a reasonable explanation for your request. You did not do so.

So do you have a good and reasonable justification for your request? If so, we would love to hear it. I mean, you already have the thread here now. Convince us.

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

PvP wise?
Bunker?
Burst?
Mobility?
None of those

They may not be the best at those things. The problem is that they are really good at all of them in a way that no other profession is.

The problem is that you made this thread. You made a question like demand. Yet you offered absolutely no reasoning as to why the skill deserves it in any way. If you want anyone to take you seriously, especially as the creator of the thread, you should have been prepared to offer a reasonable explanation for your request. You did not do so.

So do you have a good and reasonable justification for your request? If so, we would love to hear it. I mean, you already have the thread here now. Convince us.

No reasoning, because the reasoning is too obvious that only someone who never played a gs warrior would not know,

k thanks bye <3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

100 blades is a million times better at applying downstate cleave, wtf is this stupid comparison between a skill on a longbow ranger and a skill on a gs warrior anyway.

A warrior in any form is still way more useful on a point than a lb ranger.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chainspell.5697

Chainspell.5697

You know what? Even though this is a whine post I honestly think this is a great idea. Why don’t we just reduce the time of all channeled skills?

Mesmer: Confusing Images channel time reduced from 3 to 1 3/4 seconds

Warrior: Hundred Blades channel time reduced from 3 1/2 to 2 seconds

Necro: Ghastly Claws channel time reduced from 2 1/4 to 1 1/2 seconds
Life Transfer channel time reduced from 3 1/2 to 2 seconds

Thief: Unload channel time reduced from 1 1/2 to 1 second

Some of these skills goes unused(ranger as a whole or did we already forget the “NO RANGERS”, and power necros in WvW, heck I don’t even remember seeing a power necro in Gold for a while now). Bringing these skills up will help change the meta from sustainability War/Guard combo into something else. Even now as the new season is on its way I still rarely see other Rangers, the majority of classes continue to be Hammer Warrior and Stability Guards.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Let’s also make meteor shower a 2 second cast time. For balance.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

GS is the bearbow?!?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

It’s in the same place my heavy armour is. For both my Ranger and Mesmer.

Thanks in advance.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

because earlier today i took this screenshot of hundred blades…

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

good luck finding “Target Golems” in sPvP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Small detail: 100b cleaves.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I don’t play my warrior very often so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I wouldn’t be opposed to Hundred Blades getting a buff in it’s radius or damage. Of all the burst skills it’s probably the hardest to land as it doesn’t have Rapid Fire’s range or Backstab’s ability to be delivered from stealth. The warrior pretty much has to blow a utility simply to connect. It should be more rewarding than it is now.

That isn’t to say that the ranger longbow is a better weapon than warrior greatsword as you still have to factor in the full professions and other skills. But right now warriors are only using the greatsword to escape combat, which I find to be a travesty.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I like how you cropped it and gave us a number completely out of context. Nice!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Liewec.2896

silly, silly! bolas make everyone target golems!

also, that 21k 100b is with no cooldowns (on a heavy golem),
try that with your puny longbow!

I like how you cropped it and gave us a number completely out of context. Nice!

click the “this screenshot” text.
it shows runes, sigils, stats, buffs, debuffs and utility bar so you can see that i didn’t use cooldowns.
the only thing it doesn’t show is build

(edited by Liewec.2896)

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

well you answered yourself now, you need to invest in means to make 100b viable, sPvP is no where like PvE, no one will stand in your melee 100b unless you force them to.

Rapid fire in comparison is light years more effective no need to use an utility for it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Gee, who knew…

PvP wise?
Bunker?
Burst?
Mobility?
None of those

i will say warrior are near the best at running away but you kinda have to build for it.

in Profession Balance

Liewec.2896

well you answered yourself now, you need to invest in means to make 100b viable, sPvP is no where like PvE, no one will stand in your melee 100b unless you force them to.

Rapid fire in comparison is light years more effective no need to use an utility for it.

did you look at the screenshot? i already had bolas on the bar.
but regardless, i’m still waiting for you to do 21k damage with your “light years more effective” rapid fire without using any cooldowns, heck, go ahead, use your long cooldowns, use them all!
you’ll never come close to the damage that 100b can do without any cooldowns.

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

but regardless, i’m still waiting for you to do 21k damage with your “light years more effective” rapid fire without using any cooldowns, heck, go ahead, use your long cooldowns, use them all!

^^
is this guy for real ?

in Profession Balance

Liewec.2896

^^
is this guy for real ?

Nothing? No " light years more effective" retort?
That’s what I thought.

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

^^
is this guy for real ?

Nothing? No " light years more effective" retort?
That’s what I thought.

we are discussing the use of GS in PvP/WvW, for PvE please go this way https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons

thank you for your cooperation.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I can see an argument for being capable of moving during the channel. I am against any skill requiring immobility, but no one has offered any argument to justify a cool down reduction. Especially the OP.

in Profession Balance

Terrahero.9358

And similarly you need to invest to make Rapid Fire good, infact the Longbow in general. Without the range upgrade trait, that whole 1500range argument fades away. And without Read the Wind as GM trait, LB greatly struggles hitting targets more then 1000 range away.

The need for atleast a GM trait to get it to actually work i’d consider a notable investment. Needing to use a CC from a utility skill or from a weaponset is what 100b needs to work.

I’m not convinced the new RF is balanced either, but atleast use arguments that stand more then 2seconds of scrutiny.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

And similarly you need to invest to make Rapid Fire good, infact the Longbow in general. Without the range upgrade trait, that whole 1500range argument fades away. And without Read the Wind as GM trait, LB greatly struggles hitting targets more then 1000 range away.

The need for atleast a GM trait to get it to actually work i’d consider a notable investment. Needing to use a CC from a utility skill or from a weaponset is what 100b needs to work.

I’m not convinced the new RF is balanced either, but atleast use arguments that stand more then 2seconds of scrutiny.

What he said.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

Lol, this is funny because people actually take Liewec.2896 seriously.

As for Terrahero, oh man, i wish my hundred blade can actually hit the target like a charm by simply taking two traits~

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Warriors don’t have to have the best of everything all the time. #FirstTierClassProblems

That’s what happens when you are Anet’s favorite boy from day 1…

in Profession Balance

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I should also get a screenshot next time I’ll be in the frost golem in fractals. RaO, SotW, and 25 stacks of might. Last time it was something like 187k.. lol

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

i would gladly take the investment in traits than in my utilities any day.

i never played ranger before, but really since the patch been playing as a full glass ranger but you know what i win 1v2 fights so easy without even breaking a sweat.

No need for investing in utilities to setup Rapid fire means i can take Signet of Stone, means i can take Protect me, means i can take Signet of Renewal, 3 utilities for sustain.

lets see what Liewec’s GS can do with his almost PvE build, whatever he do a ranger can do it 100 times better.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

I seriously only started this thread cuz i felt like it, i said to myself i would careless about everyone’s argument

But sometimes, i just can’t ignore ignorance, i blame myself for it.
Warrior, was the weakest free kill tier for more then half a year pvp wise, in 10 tpvp matches, you will barely see one warrior

and PvE wise, if you think warrior is the best class, you should seriously L2P.

i blame myself again, because there will always be ignorant people like you, i seriously should stop this act of curing and let your ignorance spray and think your “made up” history was right? (because this game only started when you started playing, right?)

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Profession Balance

Liewec.2896

Lol, this is funny because people actually take Liewec.2896 seriously.

howso? because i posted a 21k 100b in the thread where you’re asking for it to become 2 second cast?

ok lets be serious, i cherrypicked that 21k, but it only took me several tries to get it, my average 100b is around 16k on players.

as a zerker GS war even i can’t agree with reducing the channel to 2 seconds,
we melt faces good enough already.

I should also get a screenshot next time I’ll be in the frost golem in fractals. RaO, SotW, and 25 stacks of might. Last time it was something like 187k.. lol

this is in the mists with pvp armor (exotic), no food, no outside debuffs, no outside buffs, no cooldowns.

(edited by Liewec.2896)

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

I don’t think anyone thinks Warriors are the “best” class for PvE use. Or for PvP or whatever.
The issue is – and I think despite most knowing that they shorten it to “Warrior is best” too often – or maybe was that Warriors are never the wrong profession to bring. As in, for specific applications other classes are better but they are in turn weaker in multiple other areas. Warrior is basically “nearly-best” in everything, which overall makes them the best stackable class in the game.

You cover the required utility with a Guardian and an Ele or so, and then you need something to fill up without needing more utility to keep them afloat. Solution? Warriors.

Which isn’t a dig at the class. At all. It’s good. But it also means that empathy is going to be… pretty low. Other classes usually would like to be in the position warriors are right now, readily chosen everywhere even if not as needed in many game modes as Guardians are (but being more readily stackable).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

lol but when you get target you will die instant..

Look at your utility skills.. dont even wanna know your traits… that build will NEVER work in pvp.. all you do is showing us how much dmg 100b can do if you sacrifice EVERY trait and utility skills for it.. good job.. so your point is?

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

do you even play pvp? rapid fire is 1500 range without needing for a setup..

Your talking about a stationary 100b..

yeah 100b would do more dmg.. but at what cost?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Warrior kind of not realy need HB in pvp to stunlock you to death… Ranger on the other hand kind of need a decent long range weapon hardly behing as solid as the warrior on both condition removal and damage resiliance. Ranger isnt thief people need to stop thinking the whole game resume to melee range.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kurwan.4089

Kurwan.4089

I think lowering the channeling time would be too powerful especially in pve, but I think HB is too lackluster in pvp because of its immobility. And must be combine with other crowd control skill to be awesome.
I think it would look stupid for warrior to walk at ~50% movement speed while HB, and not that useful against anybody since everyone move at full speed anyway.
If they enable warrior to rotate the direction while HB then it would seem less like a joke.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Perhaps this is why they gave the Warrior so much access to CC skills and utilities?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

It is amazing how many of you take things so literally.

It is called sarcasm, look it up.

It is not so much 100 b needs buffing (it wouldn’t hurt), but Rapid fire was way over buffed. Given the amount of QQ on the threads, it will get nerfed. The question is when. I am just amazed that it passed QA, or if there is actually a QA in Anet. Judging from the quality of release of late, it certainly doesn’t seem like it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

It is not so much 100 b needs buffing (it wouldn’t hurt), but Rapid fire was way over buffed. Given the amount of QQ on the threads, it will get nerfed. The question is when. I am just amazed that it passed QA, or if there is actually a QA in Anet. Judging from the quality of release of late, it certainly doesn’t seem like it.

How is Rapid Fire buffed? I don’t get it. The skills is 7 sec cool down and 2.5 casting time, before it was 7 sec cool down and 5 sec casting time with the same damage.
So please explain how is this buffed up? I’m don’t even play a ranger but numbers does not add up, casting time does not make the skill hit harder, actually you need to wait longer to channel the skill again.

in Profession Balance

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I seriously only started this thread cuz i felt like it, i said to myself i would careless about everyone’s argument

But sometimes, i just can’t ignore ignorance, i blame myself for it.
Warrior, was the weakest free kill tier for more then half a year pvp wise, in 10 tpvp matches, you will barely see one warrior

i blame myself again, because there will always be ignorant people like you, i seriously should stop this act of curing and let your ignorance spray and think your “made up” history was right? (because this game only started when you started playing, right?)

Did he seriously just said “act of curing” ?!

Hall o’ fame!

PS: I will not even bother replying, keep on nerd raging, it makes you look so mature!

“act of curing” … ahahahahaa

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

How is Rapid Fire buffed? I don’t get it. The skills is 7 sec cool down and 2.5 casting time, before it was 7 sec cool down and 5 sec casting time with the same damage.
So please explain how is this buffed up? I’m don’t even play a ranger but numbers does not add up, casting time does not make the skill hit harder, actually you need to wait longer to channel the skill again.

If you don’t think it is a buff, then consider this: what would happen if warrior 100b get 2 sec casting time? It is not always about the total damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I just did some amusing math and found that rapid fire and hundred blades have nearly identical dps for a single cast if both the warrior and ranger have the same effective power.

This is, of course, not even close to the full story when it comes to the effectiveness of either weapon, but when a ranger and a warrior are using rapid fire and hundred blades on a target, both are causing the health bar to drop at nearly the same rate.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

If you don’t think it is a buff, then consider this: what would happen if warrior 100b get 2 sec casting time? It is not always about the total damage.

It’d be very dangerous, but quite more so than Rapid Fire is at 2,5s.
That’s because in the case of Rapid Fire, the shortened channel time makes it easier to Block, Dodge, Re- or Deflect it. In the case of 100b, it’d only affect the first two.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: AnonMD.7263

AnonMD.7263

So, we’re comparing an AOE to a single target ability now? Does that mean Necro wells should do as much damage as eviscerate?

(edited by AnonMD.7263)

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

So, we’re comparing an AOE to a single target ability now? Does that mean Necro wells should do as much damage as eviscerate?

Not only that:

• One is AE, one is single target.
  • One is ranged, the other is melee.
  • One is faster, the other hits harder.
  • One has a bunch more defences against it, the other needs you to be close.
  • One benefits from your target being hard-CCed, the other from some hard and some soft CC.

They’re really not all that much similar, except ofc that if you ask a Warrior their Greatsword should have a ranged channelled 100b. :P