Where the hundred blade cast time reduction?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Doing the math with just the formula, 100b does 20% more damage. It will all come down to which weapon has more traits behind it. Loongbow only has Eagle Eye, RtW/Onslaught, and flanking iirc? Warrior has 15% from a single trait, 10% for bleeding, 10% for 2h weapons? I’m working from memory here as I can’t access the builder sites at work.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Damage is nothing if you can’t deliver it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

So one single aspect, just a fraction of what makes a single weapon, is worst then a fraction of what makes another weapon for another profession. This is an entirely arbitrary comparison by the way.
And based on this, the former should be buffed.

Well, Warriors have more baseline health and armor. So i suppose Rangers should get a buff to baseline health and armor. Because thats how this works, apparently.

Oh look! Someone who sounds exactly like what Warriors did a year ago when Rangers were whining about Rapid fire being weak and Hundred blades being way stronger. Seems like a year ago, Rangers didn’t think their argument was ‘arbitrary’, so why is it ‘arbitrary’ when its the other way around?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: AnonMD.7263

AnonMD.7263

So one single aspect, just a fraction of what makes a single weapon, is worst then a fraction of what makes another weapon for another profession. This is an entirely arbitrary comparison by the way.

Well, Warriors have more baseline health and armor. So i suppose Rangers should get a buff to baseline health and armor. Because thats how this works, apparently.

Oh look! Someone who sounds exactly like what Warriors did a year ago when Rangers were whining about Rapid fire being weak and Hundred blades being way stronger. Seems like a year ago, Rangers didn’t think their argument was ‘arbitrary’, so why is it ‘arbitrary’ when its the other way around?

Because Warriors have more health, armor, and better weapons than GS.

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

so its OK for GS to suck, right ?

all warriors should just play hambow, right ?

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

why would you use 100b when you have Rapid Fire on ranger ?

• its ranged can get it to 1500 range
  • almost same cd
  • faster cast time
  • Combo Finisher
  • 10 hits
  • 10 stacks of Vulnerability
  • can Pierce when traited
  • braindead to use unlike setting 100b

how did i forget adding theses super crucial benefits…

• it keeps tracking target
  • does not root you while channeling

in Profession Balance

Chrispy.5641

I knows its easy to forget issues with the pet (like everyone did less than 5 seconds after the patch hit, no one complains about them anymore), but I believe the Ranger’s Class mechanic counts when factoring in survival, just as people factor in the Necromancer’s class mechanic. This means that, even though pets suck in any competitive mode of play, and are miles worse than whatever concept Anet thought they originally were, Rangers have more health and armor than Warriors.

So….how about you try and answer the question again. Why isn’t it arbitrary when everyone else complains, but suddenly its arbitrary when Warriors complain?

(ps. I’m a Ranger, always a Ranger, and Only a Ranger. I don’t want a DPS increasing band aid on my longbow, I want pets to actually work the way they were originally intended.)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I knows its easy to forget issues with the pet (like everyone did less than 5 seconds after the patch hit, no one complains about them anymore), but I believe the Ranger’s Class mechanic counts when factoring in survival, just as people factor in the Necromancer’s class mechanic. This means that, even though pets suck in any competitive mode of play, and are miles worse than whatever concept Anet thought they originally were, Rangers have more health and armor than Warriors.

Not that I disagree with your original premise that the pet should be considered when discussing balance, but that isn’t how that works.

The pet’s health and armor do not in any way effect the ranger’s ability to survive. You can take the ranger out without ever touching the pet. In fact that’s the preferred method of dealing with the ranger.

So no, warriors still have more health and armor than a ranger does. You can’t just add the pet’s stats to the ranger and go “See? Rangers have the highest base stats of ANY profession!” It doesn’t work that way.

in Profession Balance

Chrispy.5641

But that is how it works!

I believe that I mentioned that Pets suck in any kind of competitive mode of play (in this game). The fact that players can just focus the Ranger down and ignore the pet is just as flawed as the fact that pets can’t hit a moving target.

You are right that the pet doesn’t affect the Ranger’s survival in any way (unless you conveniently forget/ignore “Protect Me” which is way more effective if you have a pet with more health)

However in PvE, where the pet does work (mostly because most enemies can’t hit moving targets either and have to stand still to attack), it adds tremendously to the Ranger’s survival because the Pet can pull aggro, and you can easily get pets with more toughness than you.

The difference between you and me is that I don’t ignore PvE when I look at the larger picture of balance.

So yes, Rangers have more health and armor than a Warrior does. I can just add the pet’s stats to the Ranger and go “See? Rangers have the highest stats of any profession!” It does work that way, especially since biased people do that to those poor, neglected Necromancers all the time. Just gotta be fair!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

when should the cast time for 100b be reduced? i say after warriors stop bragging about 44k 100b channels.

how is a 15k rapid fire more OP than a 44k 100b?

– The Baconnaire

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

when should the cast time for 100b be reduced? i say after warriors stop bragging about 44k 100b channels.

how about you go to PvP and try to do a 44k 100b ?

if you ever managed to fully cast a 100b full duration to an enemy who have at least 20% of his brain working, then you will see stars and rainbows, Mordmorsh will insta die, the SAB explosion finisher will activate automatically even before the enemy falls.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

But that is how it works!

I believe that I mentioned that Pets suck in any kind of competitive mode of play (in this game). The fact that players can just focus the Ranger down and ignore the pet is just as flawed as the fact that pets can’t hit a moving target.

You are right that the pet doesn’t affect the Ranger’s survival in any way (unless you conveniently forget/ignore “Protect Me” which is way more effective if you have a pet with more health)

However in PvE, where the pet does work (mostly because most enemies can’t hit moving targets either and have to stand still to attack), it adds tremendously to the Ranger’s survival because the Pet can pull aggro, and you can easily get pets with more toughness than you.

The difference between you and me is that I don’t ignore PvE when I look at the larger picture of balance.

So yes, Rangers have more health and armor than a Warrior does. I can just add the pet’s stats to the Ranger and go “See? Rangers have the highest stats of any profession!” It does work that way, especially since biased people do that to those poor, neglected Necromancers all the time. Just gotta be fair!

That still is not how it works though. Even in PVE if the mob isn’t attacking the pet it will kill the ranger just as fast as if there were no pet at all. Not all pets can be used to face tank, and even the ones who can don’t do it very effectively in dungeons or fractals, which is the “high end” aspects of PVE.

So you’re basically saying rangers have twice the health and armor of any profession solely based on open world leveling and saying it counts toward this discussion concerning PVP balance. I’m sorry, but that is incredibly flawed logic.

Protect Me is the only valid point you’ve made, but even then it’s only one utility skill that is entirely optional to take. By the same logic I can say warriors have the best stats in the game because they can ignore direct damage completely for a short duration with Endure Pain. Or that necromancers have waaaay more health and armor than anyone else because they can go Minion Master and trot around with a small army.

Pets do contribute to survivability, but in the form of crowd control. They are a powerful tool when used intelligently. But no, they do not at all contribute to the ranger’s health and armor totals when discussing survival.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Rapid Fire:
Damage Damage (10x): 1,320 (3.75)?
10 Vulnerability: 10 s
Physical Projectile (20% chance)
Range: 1,200
Casttime: 2,5sec (so 1300 / 2,5 = 520 dps)

100b:
Damage Damage (8x): 1,624 (4.4)?
Damage Final strike damage: 406 (1.1)?
Number of Targets: 3
Range: 130
Casttime: 3,5sec (so 2000 / 3,5 = 571 dps)

Conculsion
100b does 10% more dmg on MELEE RANGE

BUT!!! rapid fire also give 10 Vulnerability stacks (so thats 10% dmg) AND 20% chance for Physical Projectile

Hmmmm…
Use wiki next time..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Right.. so what you’re saying Nick is the skills are pretty equal as they are at the moment. One has more damage (a lot more than 10% more, because it scales better with power), has more DPS and cleaves without the need for traits, and one is ranged and stacks some vulnerability.

Sounds pretty fair as it is.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Cufufalating.8479)

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Right.. so what you’re saying Nick is the skills are pretty equal as they are at the moment. One has more damage (a lot more than 10% more, because it scales better with power), has more DPS and cleaves without the need for traits, and is ranged and stacks some vulnerability.

Sounds pretty fair as it is.

Thats right they are indeed pretty equal.
But 100b does roots you.. so warriors need to setup a CC before landing ALL hits.. rapid fire doesnt need that.

Other problem they should solve is the distance.. somehow i cant even cross rivers because rangers on the other side are killing me from 2000+ range.. now me on GS warrior it issnt that hard to close the 2000 range gap.. but for others this becomes a real problem, even bigger when ranger just swoop away :-)
Just make it a real 1500 max.. 1500 is already kitten far.

But this is a wvw standpoint

In pvp they are annoying i must agree haha :-P but not that Great if your a team.. in hotjoin they are annoying (ranger killing everyone from range where people keep hitting the bunker on cappoint.. those situations.. )

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aioros.4862

Aioros.4862

I haven’t been able to play after the patch hit, so i honestly don’t know, but does all this cat fight mean that rangers are now in a better place than warriors in pve and wvw?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I haven’t been able to play after the patch hit, so i honestly don’t know, but does all this cat fight mean that rangers are now in a better place than warriors in pve and wvw?

Not really. It means they’re in a slightly less terrible place. I’d say medium ~ medium-bad. That is WvW, if you use a Longbow in PvE you got much bigger issues than whether your Rapid Fire is stronger or not.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Aioros.4862

Then if warriors are still way above rangers, why are we discussing warrior buffs, just because it’s what rangers just got?

That will increase the gap again, that’s the oposite of balance. This 100b buff is not even a QoL thing.

(edited by Aioros.4862)

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Then if warriors are still way above rangers, why are we discussing warrior buffs, just because it’s what rangers just got?

That will increase the gap again, that’s the oposite of balance. This 100b buff is not even a QoL thing.

Because Warriors – like everyone else – want to be unbalanced. It’s natural. We all talk about balance, what we actually want to do is pwn stuff.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

good luck finding “Target Golems” in sPvP

silly, silly! bolas make everyone target golems!

well you answered yourself now, you need to invest in means to make 100b viable, sPvP is no where like PvE, no one will stand in your melee 100b unless you force them to.

Rapid fire in comparison is light years more effective no need to use an utility for it.

did you look at the screenshot? i already had bolas on the bar.
but regardless, i’m still waiting for you to do 21k damage with your “light years more effective” rapid fire without using any cooldowns, heck, go ahead, use your long cooldowns, use them all!
you’ll never come close to the damage that 100b can do without any cooldowns.

do you even play pvp? rapid fire is 1500 range without needing for a setup..

Your talking about a stationary 100b..

yeah 100b would do more dmg.. but at what cost?

rapid fire is only 1500 range, if you are 1500 range away. 100b is 100b no matter where you are.

IE: you require UP TO 15 SECONDS to set up a “RF NUKE”, because you gotta MOVE, physically, in a build with limited mobility, to a place far away.

Also, those who argue GS is hard to get close with…. get a grip. Mobile Strikes + GS 3 and GS 5- Bam, instantly in the rangers face. Swap to axe shield, shield bash into evis, BAM instantly DEAD RANGER.

It is a rotation that takes 6 seconds to set up and execute from start to end…. Thats how much sustain the ranger got. 6 seconds, maybe 12 if signet of stone were used. Or 18 if we add Protect Me ontop of that again. Still, that is 18 seconds of “existence” at the price of 64 + 60 seconds cooldown.

Balanced? Yes.

Oh and before you all jump the gun and scream bias – i do play a warrior, quite often actually.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

If anyone is wondering what the thread is about and cba reading the whole lot, here it is sumed up :

Rangers got a buff in a channeling Lb skill, which made the skill actually usefull.
Warriors (the best stackable class in PvE aka jack of all trades), got jelly and want their own channeling skill to be as strong as well.

-

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

PvP/WvW Wise:
For good players this attack will now be fairly easy to dodge. There is no further damage increase or anything involved so that might be the only difference. It mainly got stronger against weaker players who do not know yet when they should dodge, en how to time it.
Comparison against 100b:
100b does have a higher cast time, but also significant higher damage. The fact that you have to be in melee range can be pretty much negated in this comparison because warriors have much higher defense by themselves, they are way more sturdy.
With alot of acces to high mobility and stability it should be no problem showing up in the face of a ranger. From close longbows are way more hard to use giving the warrior an adventage.
Final Verdict (My opinion):
Get your stuff together and accept it. It is well balanced. Learn to dodge, and just 100b them down.
Greetings a warrior.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

[Quote] multiple responses [/quote]

hey, if the OP and everyone else complaining about rapid fire is allowed to exaggerate, so am i. i know kitten well that the 44k 100b hits are against NPCs that are fully debuffed by zergs, while the 100b warrior is fully booned.

guess what? the 15-18K rapid fires are the same thing! against NPCs that are fully debuffed by zergs while the ranger is bully booned!

NPCs never equate to real players. and that’s my point. NPCs are stupid and never move out of the way. players do. and if players are stupid enough to stay in 100b or rapid fire, they deserve to die. there’s thread after thread after thread discussing how easy it is to counter rapid fire

– The Baconnaire

(edited by Forgotten Legend.9281)

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

good luck finding “Target Golems” in sPvP

silly, silly! bolas make everyone target golems!

well you answered yourself now, you need to invest in means to make 100b viable, sPvP is no where like PvE, no one will stand in your melee 100b unless you force them to.

Rapid fire in comparison is light years more effective no need to use an utility for it.

did you look at the screenshot? i already had bolas on the bar.
but regardless, i’m still waiting for you to do 21k damage with your “light years more effective” rapid fire without using any cooldowns, heck, go ahead, use your long cooldowns, use them all!
you’ll never come close to the damage that 100b can do without any cooldowns.

do you even play pvp? rapid fire is 1500 range without needing for a setup..

Your talking about a stationary 100b..

yeah 100b would do more dmg.. but at what cost?

rapid fire is only 1500 range, if you are 1500 range away. 100b is 100b no matter where you are.

WUT???

100b is 100b no matter where you are??? LOL!!

Yeah i can use 100b on 1500 range sure.
If it hits is another question.. lol

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

PvP/WvW Wise:
For good players this attack will now be fairly easy to dodge. There is no further damage increase or anything involved so that might be the only difference. It mainly got stronger against weaker players who do not know yet when they should dodge, en how to time it.
Comparison against 100b:
100b does have a higher cast time, but also significant higher damage. The fact that you have to be in melee range can be pretty much negated in this comparison because warriors have much higher defense by themselves, they are way more sturdy.
With alot of acces to high mobility and stability it should be no problem showing up in the face of a ranger. From close longbows are way more hard to use giving the warrior an adventage.
Final Verdict (My opinion):
Get your stuff together and accept it. It is well balanced. Learn to dodge, and just 100b them down.
Greetings a warrior.

there is only 1 big difference:

100b needs a HUGE CC skill to land all the hits.. with most CC skills you will NEVER hit the final big hit.. only when you use a different weapon set…
But now you build is all about landing 1 skill.. good luck.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Lol, this is funny because people actually take Liewec.2896 seriously.

howso? because i posted a 21k 100b in the thread where you’re asking for it to become 2 second cast?

ok lets be serious, i cherrypicked that 21k, but it only took me several tries to get it, my average 100b is around 16k on players.

as a zerker GS war even i can’t agree with reducing the channel to 2 seconds,
we melt faces good enough already.

Because, let’s be serious, this is PvP. no offense, but if you really think that build would work on any tpvp level other then no-clue-what-they-are-doing noobs, i have nothing to say. i would happily send you a list via mail, breaking down how useless the build is against anyone who know what they are doing, if you wish to.

Warriors don’t have to have the best of everything all the time. #FirstTierClassProblems

That’s what happens when you are Anet’s favorite boy from day 1…

I seriously only started this thread cuz i felt like it, i said to myself i would careless about everyone’s argument

But sometimes, i just can’t ignore ignorance, i blame myself for it.
Warrior, was the weakest free kill tier for more then half a year pvp wise, in 10 tpvp matches, you will barely see one warrior

and PvE wise, if you think warrior is the best class, you should seriously L2P.

i blame myself again, because there will always be ignorant people like you, i seriously should stop this act of curing and let your ignorance spray and think your “made up” history was right? (because this game only started when you started playing, right?)

Did he seriously just said “act of curing” ?!

Hall o’ fame!

PS: I will not even bother replying, keep on nerd raging, it makes you look so mature!

“act of curing” … ahahahahaa

yea man, go on. This, guys, is exactly how a dumb person act, when he sees how fail and illogical his arguments were. he will not argue back on the subject, but he will, instead, try to laugh at your less important writings so he can make himself feel better, this seriously entertains me.

and no, i will not take you seriously anymore, after that kind of replies. good luck and i’ll not reply to you ever again.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Wrong. Rapid Fire hit from 0-1500.

Rapid Fire can hit in 100 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 200 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 300 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 400 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 500 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 600 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 700 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 800 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 900 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 1100 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 1200 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 1300 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 1400 range.
Rapid Fire can hit in 1500 range.

Hundred Blades can hit in 130 range.
Hundred Blades cannot hit in 200 range.
Hundred Blades cannot hit in 300 range.
Hundred Blades cannot hit in 400 range.
Hundred Blades cannot hit in 500 range.
Hundred Blades cannot hit in 600 range.
Hundred Blades cannot hit in 700 range.
Hundred Blades cannot hit in 800 range.
Hundred Blades cannot hit in 900 range. etc

Rapid Fire damage is not affected by range. That is Longbow shot handicap.

Also, those who argue GS is hard to get close with…. get a grip. Mobile Strikes + GS 3 and GS 5- Bam, instantly in the rangers face. Swap to axe shield, shield bash into evis, BAM instantly DEAD RANGER.

This only happens if the Ranger is a new player or he is distracted by something else.

If I was in that shoes, I would use Point blank shot -> Rapid Fire/Hunter shot depending on my situation -> Switch to GS -> swoop away and increase that distance that the warrior desperately tried to close. If he somehow dodge Huntershot/PBS I can always use Counter Block to knock him back again and then swoop away.

IE: you require UP TO 15 SECONDS to set up a “RF NUKE”, because you gotta MOVE, physically, in a build with limited mobility, to a place far away.

It is a rotation that takes 6 seconds to set up and execute from start to end…. Thats how much sustain the ranger got. 6 seconds, maybe 12 if signet of stone were used. Or 18 if we add Protect Me ontop of that again. Still, that is 18 seconds of “existence” at the price of 64 + 60 seconds cooldown.

Wrong. All it takes is pressing #2. Maybe #4 + #2 so that most shots can hit in. But, that is hardly 15 seconds. It barely scratch 4 seconds.

That RF nuke is enough to take down an enemy to half hp and I still have enough range to decide if I really want to go into the kill with my GS or escape with it. If I decide I want to take down the enemy cannot escape my 1500 Range. It is impossible even if they have a swiftness buff up.

If I want to escape, the enemy has no hope of catching up.

Limited mobility? You are right that you have no experience with Ranger. Sure you can look at swoop and say Ranger has no mobilitiez. But Ranger has a ton of escapability and pursuit skills.

Cripple/Immobility/Chill/Stuns/Fear/Pull/Knockbacks should not be left out of the equation.

Balanced? Yes.

Before you all jump the gun and scream bias – I play all profession. Warrior and Ranger are both professions that I have equal time in.

Balanced? No.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

This only happens if the Ranger is a new player or he is distracted by something else.

Gee, what a coincidence, that tends to be the exact situation that get’s people killed by Rapid Fire.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

Because Warriors – like everyone else – want to be unbalanced. It’s natural. We all talk about balance, what we actually want to do is pwn stuff.

wer not talking about Hammbows, wer talking about a GS warrior, a world of differences between the two.

when is the last time you saw a warrior using a GS in tPvP ? in fact sometimes your team will blame you if you bring GS, every time you see a warrior in your team you expect a hambow and be honest you will feel relived for that, if hes something else you would have concerns.

whatever is the GS warrior doing right now in PvP, LB ranger can do it way better.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

You want to land 100b? Skull crack, flurry, bolas and you have full free cast. Hammerstun or bull for a part. I think still easyer to land a full 100b than a full rapid fire

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Profession Balance

Aioros.4862

there is only 1 big difference:

100b needs a HUGE CC skill to land all the hits.. with most CC skills you will NEVER hit the final big hit.. only when you use a different weapon set…
But now you build is all about landing 1 skill.. good luck.

Doesn’t RF also require an elite skill and one (or two) signets to do the damage you’re complaining about? Also, doesn’t it need a heavy trait investment?

when is the last time you saw a warrior using a GS in tPvP ?

I’ve never done much tpvp, but in wvw, many warriors i’ve seen used GS.

And just out of curiosity, how does the ranger GS compare to warrior GS?

(edited by Aioros.4862)

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

when is the last time you saw a warrior using a GS in tPvP ? in fact sometimes your team will blame you if you bring GS, every time you see a warrior in your team you expect a hambow and be honest you will feel relived for that, if hes something else you would have concerns.

whatever is the GS warrior doing right now in PvP, LB ranger can do it way better.

Well, that raises a general question: Would you rather want all weapons be balanced for one game mode (that obviously being WvW), all balanced for all game modes (~impossible with only 5 skills) or split up for the game modes, some specializing in one and some in the other.

Currently they’re mostly doing the last.

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

why would you use 100b when you have Rapid Fire on ranger ?

• its ranged can get it to 1500 range
  • almost same cd
  • faster cast time
  • Combo Finisher
  • 10 hits
  • 10 stacks of Vulnerability
  • can Pierce when traited
  • it keeps tracking target
  • does not root you while channeling
  • easy to spam
  • braindead to use unlike setting 100b

added

• easy to spam

this skill is pure gold mine.

btw have you ever heard of “100b spam” lol xD

in Profession Balance

Aioros.4862

All that being done in one skill and the class still sucks compared to yours.

in Profession Balance

Juba.8406

Well, that raises a general question: Would you rather want all weapons be balanced for one game mode (that obviously being WvW), all balanced for all game modes (~impossible with only 5 skills) or split up for the game modes, some specializing in one and some in the other.

Currently they’re mostly doing the last.

to be clear i have nothing against rangers even with this newly buff.

all i ask if Hambow is truly the cause of all this QQ towards warrior, then plz nerf Hmabow, not the already underdog builds, these builds needs a buff.

what ANet doing is nerfing things around the hambow things more needed to other builds than a hambow, making hambow and forcing it patch after patch to be the only way for a warrior to be viable.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

hit someone with several 23k Hundred Blades yesterday night XD

i didn’t expect the first one so i did’nt get a screenshot
but i was ready for the 2nd, unfortunately he vanished so the screenshot looks pretty bad,
i’m not sure if he insta-rezzed, team swapped or left the server,
heres that screeny anyway

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

hit someone with several 23k Hundred Blades yesterday night XD

i didn’t expect the first one so i did’nt get a screenshot
but i was ready for the 2nd, unfortunately he vanished so the screenshot looks pretty bad,
i’m not sure if he insta-rezzed, team swapped or left the server,
heres that screeny anyway

You again… Stop posting your 100b dmg..

all you do is build insanely offensive with zero sustain.. Even ALL your utility skills are all and ALL just to land 1 skill.

Now you enter pvp and try to hit that 1 skill on a noob. Where you didnt do anything for 10 hours just trying to land 1 skill..

Made a screenshot and post it on forum looking like you beat everyone with 20+ k dmg..

but what you dont post is that everyone can beat that without any problem and you aint doing kitten for your team. Nobody but noobs will eat your full100b

in Profession Balance

Aioros.4862

Once again, doesn’t RF need an elite and one or two signets to do the damage people are complaining about?

And forgive me the ignorance, but apart from bolas what else is in his bar to be able to hit 100b?

edit: oh, you mean he used all his CDs at once for the 100b. Isn’t it exactly that what people are doing with RF, thus all the complaining in the forum (RaO, SotW and maybe SotH, not sure about this last one)?

(edited by Aioros.4862)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

viable.

1). We really need a clear definition for this term. As many use it when they mean optimal.

2). As for hundred blades, most of the argument here centers around, “Well ranger got a cast time reduction, where is warriors?” And that kind of argument will in fact get you all no where as many in the forum community are so prompt to state “You can not compare abilities/skill/traits between profession.” So what is it going to be are we going to compare or is comparison only allow to produce favorable resolutes for warrior.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

If you’re going to compare skills you should either limit the comparison to similar weapons or similar skills. The only thing in common with 100b and RF is they’re now both burst skills.

Either compare RF to arcing arrow since they’re both burst skills on the same weapon type. Or compare it to Volley on rifle, since they’re nearly identical skills on 2 different weapons that provide a similar playstyle.

For arcing arrow it does roughly half the damage, but is an AE and is also a blast finisher.

For Volley it does roughly the same damage once traited, but lacks the vulnerability application directly from the same skill.

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

viable.

1). We really need a clear definition for this term. As many use it when they mean optimal.

2). As for hundred blades, most of the argument here centers around, “Well ranger got a cast time reduction, where is warriors?” And that kind of argument will in fact get you all no where as many in the forum community are so prompt to state “You can not compare abilities/skill/traits between profession.” So what is it going to be are we going to compare or is comparison only allow to produce favorable resolutes for warrior.

Theres no argument about " ranger got a cast time reduc, where is warriors"
theres only “where is HB’s cast time reduc” it’s only reasonable for this skill to get a cast time reduc, bud.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Not reasonable enough or it would have been included in the last balance patch. Using your logic then most of the channel skills in the game need a similar treatment as the cast time were not reduce either.

What makes hundred blades so deserving of such an adjustment (other than you want it)?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Not reasonable enough or it would have been included in the last balance patch. Using your logic then most of the channel skills in the game need a similar treatment as the cast time were not reduce either.

What makes hundred blades so deserving of such an adjustment (other than you want it)?

I have to ask the same question. I am just not seeing any reasonable arguments made for it. I would be in favor or removing the fact that the channel breaks if you move, as I dislike anything that forces immobility in this game with its mobility focused combat.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

If I was in that shoes, I would use Point blank shot -> Rapid Fire/Hunter shot depending on my situation -> Switch to GS -> swoop away and increase that distance that the warrior desperately tried to close. If he somehow dodge Huntershot/PBS I can always use Counter Block to knock him back again and then swoop away.

Wrong. All it takes is pressing #2. Maybe #4 + #2 so that most shots can hit in. But, that is hardly 15 seconds. It barely scratch 4 seconds.

That RF nuke is enough to take down an enemy to half hp and I still have enough range to decide if I really want to go into the kill with my GS or escape with it. If I decide I want to take down the enemy cannot escape my 1500 Range. It is impossible even if they have a swiftness buff up.

Limited mobility? You are right that you have no experience with Ranger. Sure you can look at swoop and say Ranger has no mobilitiez. But Ranger has a ton of escapability and pursuit skills.

Cripple/Immobility/Chill/Stuns/Fear/Pull/Knockbacks should not be left out of the equation.

Balanced? Yes.

Before you all jump the gun and scream bias – I play all profession. Warrior and Ranger are both professions that I have equal time in.

Balanced? No.

Whatever classes you play, Prysin and myself have more experience on ranger than you do. You make it sound like it is so hard to counter, and I’m sure it is if you can’t play the game. I can’t begin to count how many LB ranger bads I have killed since the patch. Not only is RF incredibly easy to dodge, but these rangers you are complaining about are usually full glass and can be dealt with very easily.

I actually can’t believe warriors are complaining about ranger. I mean to be fair warriors are usually the easiest class to kill for me, but they have to most access to reflects and gap closers and CC to deal with the ranger I don’t understand how you could ever have an issue if it wasn’t a L2P one.

People need to adapt and stop crying. This ranger LB crap is a one shot pony type build and is so easy to counter if you don’t panic like a scrub and know how to play.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Balanced? Yes.

Balanced? No.

Whatever classes you play, Prysin and myself have more experience on ranger than you do. You make it sound like it is so hard to counter, and I’m sure it is if you can’t play the game. I can’t begin to count how many LB ranger bads I have killed since the patch. Not only is RF incredibly easy to dodge, but these rangers you are complaining about are usually full glass and can be dealt with very easily.

I actually can’t believe warriors are complaining about ranger. I mean to be fair warriors are usually the easiest class to kill for me, but they have to most access to reflects and gap closers and CC to deal with the ranger I don’t understand how you could ever have an issue if it wasn’t a L2P one.

People need to adapt and stop crying. This ranger LB crap is a one shot pony type build and is so easy to counter if you don’t panic like a scrub and know how to play.

In their defense how often do you run into a good warrior? Plus now they have to deal with the whole “timing their burst to hit instead of mindlessly spamming it” thing. Life is rough.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Balanced? Yes.

Balanced? No.

In their defense how often do you run into a good warrior? Plus now they have to deal with the whole “timing their burst to hit instead of mindlessly spamming it” thing. Life is rough.

Well evidently the warriors in this thread aren’t the good ones.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I’d also ask where’s the Churning Earth cast time reduction as well….

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

Problem is that DD, more specific, off hand dagger, is more then viable as a high level tournament weapon so is staff.
farther buffing would only make the weapon sets OP

While warrior’s greatsword is extremely weak, any one who has top tier experiences would agree, specially the one who play warriors (not necessarily their main)

unless you are talking about PvE, but hey, greatsword already got nerfed, sure, the percentage is small, but when calculated with the PvE big numbers ( so i believe it was more of a PvE nerf), it’s pretty big damage nerf. also there are classes out dps warrior by a lot anyway. 1 sec less of going on CD is close to like nothing and wont catch up other people, and axe does more damage. so w/e

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Problem is that DD, more specific, off hand dagger, is more then viable as a high level tournament weapon so is staff.
farther buffing would only make the weapon sets OP

While warrior’s greatsword is extremely weak, any one who has top tier experiences would agree, specially the one who play warriors (not necessarily their main)

unless you are talking about PvE, but hey, greatsword already got nerfed, sure, the percentage is small, but when calculated with the PvE big numbers ( so i believe it was more of a PvE nerf), it’s pretty big damage nerf. also there are classes out dps warrior by a lot anyway. 1 sec less of going on CD is close to like nothing and wont catch up other people, and axe does more damage. so w/e

Just because a weapon set is competitive doesn’t mean certain skills on it are well-made.

Take d/d thief for example. It’s hands-down the best single target setup for PvE, yet we all know that Death Blossom is anything but useful on that weapon set.

Yes, d/d ele is a very popular set but I don’t think anyone took d/d because it had churning earth. You need to waste an utility slot to have a remote chance of hitting with it.

I also don’t see how buffing CE would make /d OP. If by OP, you mean every skill on the weapon set becomes useful, then every MMO on earth with interchangable weapon skills are OP.

Then we need to consider the PvE side of the game, where it’s completely useless.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Whatever classes you play, Prysin and myself have more experience on ranger than you do. You make it sound like it is so hard to counter, and I’m sure it is if you can’t play the game. I can’t begin to count how many LB ranger bads I have killed since the patch.

I don’t believe you have more experience than me. I played Longbow Ranger ever since the inception of zerker Longbow rangers which is started when Survival of the fittest was created, I played Zerker Longbow way longer more during that period and more than any of my characters ever since the inception but rarely play it after the buff. I know how they work way. I learnt what adapting means when Longbow Rangers weren’t considered good.

RF incredibly easy to dodge, but these rangers you are complaining about are usually full glass and can be dealt with very easily.

Okay, you dodged Rapid fire, you spent around 2 dodges for that. Now dodge PBS. Surely at this point you must have no dodges left. Then dodge or block. Hunter shot then dodge Muddy Terrain then dodge Entangle. Then try to hit me while I have counter block up and then watch me swoop away. While that, try and dodge my allies that is on your back and eating your hp. At that point, all your mobility/invulnerability/dodges are all spent. Also, beware, my Rapid fire is up and ready to burst your hp down to zero while I am about 800-1500 range away.

Lets change the scenario. In this scenario, it is a chaotic team fight now. There is a thief trying to gank me. Since I have 1500 range, I can choose what position advantage I want to have. I can alway position myself where thief cannot shadow step to me directly. Now, the thief needs to actually run to me. I don’t need to rapid fire the thief, but I can still choose to. Using rapid fire will kill the target what my party wants dead. That target won’t see it coming because of all the pixels everywhere until it is too late when the red numbers says 6k damage. Now my teammates had kill the target and gave me the advantage. All I have to do is run towards my teammates. If the thief is stupid enough to follow me, my teammates will destroy the thief.

Lets say I do engage the thief, I just need to use auto attack to size him up. Make him waste at least one dodge and then PBS + Rapid fire. If he dodges twice, he dodges the PBS, but he will take the full hit of the rapid fire. His HP should be 35-50%. I can just switch to GS and finish the rest of his HP off. If that doesn’t work, I’ll just use Counter block, throw some immoblization bombs, swoop away and then appear somewhere and snipe.

You rarely faced this situation and as you say, You met many bad LB rangers.

You should learn how to read my post. If it is too complicated, you could try my signature. But, I guess you are partly right since I do play a warrior. I rather experienced all class to understand balance than to ignore other profession and whine that my class is underpowered.

Standard response for a inexperienced player. As I explained. The LB crap is not a one shot pony and have multiple layers of escaping, pursuit, and sniping. If experienced enough, it can be good for 1v1 too.

Why the kitten am I off topic? Lets go to the point.

Hundred blades do deserve a cast reduction time. Why? Because it is more risky than LB whether or not if it is a team fight or a Solo duel.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant