Where the hundred blade cast time reduction?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

You see, this is why they need to separate PvE from PvP.

In PvE, they managed to get GS and axe DPS to be very close to each other in optimized scenarios, and HB is pretty much perfect there. So reducing the cast time will ruin things in PvE.

As long as they keep insisting that balance is done under one umbrella, the two sides of the game will always end up crapping on each other.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I do beg to differ with the experience part. If you actually had any experience on a zerker LB ranger, you would know how easy they are to kill, thus eliminating any OP factor some deluded folk thought they had.

From what you’re saying you seem to be under the impression if you can’t dodge every skill the enemy throws at you it is OP. I mean god forbid you can’t dodge all of a ranger’s utilities and skills. You’re not supposed to be able to dodge everything, if you could how would you deal damage? I mean in “chaotic” team fights, how are you supposed to keep track of EVERYTHING? I assume because of that statement you made you also think killshot is OP because in a chaotic team fight you wouldn’t see the obvious animation, Anet should freeze the game and pan + zoon on anybody about to do a heavy damage skill, so that in case you missed it, you will know what’s coming. God the words you’re typing are like they are coming straight out of a scrubs mouth.

Every competent player I have talked to doesn’t have an issue with RF. The only time is bugs them is when they don’t see the ranger or there is more than one ranger. If they don’t see the ranger, doesn’t matter what class it was, it could be anything with a strong attack, if you don’t see it coming that’s your fault, not the attacker’s. If there is more than one then again that doesn’t make the skill OP. It could be a weak skill but as soon as you add a second person you double the strength. Literally every competent player I have spoken to about it has no issue, because they can counter it, very, very easily.

Touching on that thief scenario you presented. Sure AA him to “size him up”, then when he gap closes you and you panic and die, I guess rapid fire wasn’t OP enough then. Or what about when he goes stealth and backstabs you? I’m willing to bet you think backstab is OP too right, because you can’t see it coming, even in those non chaotic fights.

Yes it is a one shot pony type build. If you want maximum damage from LB you will leave yourself with no defenses, meaning it’s kill them in your 3s combo or die yourself/run away. This type of play is so easy to counter, the fact you seem to be unable to counter it proves that I have more experience than you, and disproves you have experience with zerker rangers.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.