Which class is better for...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Hi forumers,
Recently I’ve been wanting to get a class to level 80. I’ve been playing this game for5 months and all I’ve done is pvp, very little so all I have is a low level thief.
Ill always main Thief in pvp because thats what I feel like pvping with, but if I was to get a character to 80, I would only use it for wvw roaming and dueling in OS arena. Which class is overall better for:

1. Dueling

2. WvW Roaming

3. Outnumbered fights

4. Small man fights

Thanks

Edit: I just noticed I never said what classes I was deciding between. Thief, Ele, or Warrior are the only classes im willing to play.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

1. All 3 are solid choices for 1v1’s.
2. Thief and Warrior, due to mobility, escapability and sturdiness in combat.
3. Thief, followed by warrior, eles seem to do quite good in at least 1v2 with celestial, while 1v3 pressure them too much. It all depends on who and what you fight ofc.
4. All 3 are solid choices.
+ Thief is your main PvP class.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Absent Minded.5821

Absent Minded.5821

My unqualified opinion on the topic:
1. Warrior
Really any class can excel at this. 1v1s are often determined by player skill.
2. Thief
Unparalleled mobility and stealth.
3.Warrior
Toughness with sustained DPS and spike damage + stability for the stomps.
4.Thief
Ability to spike backline DPS and then cleave while they try to res can turn the tide.

Those are just my opinions based on what I play and what I see. Any class can be made to be epic. There are no hard counters in this game so if you learn to master the class you can fulfill any role quite well.