Why is necro so broken (PvP)?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

I just wonder why there is no wall-of-text about this topic. Am I the only one having big troubles against this noob click to win class? No mather if it is condi nec with endless fear and condition spike or power necro with hits for 4-6k per hit range attack?

I really try to get the track against necros but I can’t. This class seems so broken OP to me. Maybe it’s just the fact I prefer play engi. But today some mate flames me in tournament: you are a noob engi u must win against nec. I told him I used to have a really bad time against this noob click to win class…. Am I a noob or is necro really that hard for you guys too? What is your secret to win against them? Please tell, I really need help.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Myron.6732

Myron.6732

Terror necros can be a tough fight for any condi build but engies especially because we have limited CC and condi cleanse. All I can say is to know their rotations and learn to time you blocks/evades but really the best way imho is just don’t fight them 1v1 (which you shouldn’t really be doing in a tourney anyway).

Instead of complaining about what they are good at you should look at their weaknesses. Necros don’t have the most mobility or defense against CC. As en engi you have tons of mobility and CC, so kite kite kite, use your environment, and lock him down. This is why you would focus a necro in team fights. They cannot disengage nor can they do anything about chain lockdown.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Click to win? Every class is click to win…

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

Terror necros can be a tough fight for any condi build but engies especially because we have limited CC and condi cleanse.

Necros don’t have the most mobility or defense against CC. As en engi you have tons of mobility and CC.

Did you just make a 180 in a single comment?

On topic, there are no real counters to Lich Form 7K crits, you can hide or nuke them and hope they die first, that’s it. The condi spammers with MM are just very hard to beat because hitpoints are so wonderfully balanced.

CC is your best weapon, since they don’t have vigoror stability.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

How to win against necro: dodge when they wave their hand above the head, dont be a idiot and walk into wall/marks, dodge them evading the effect/popping them, have about 2 conditions pre 10 seconds in terms of condi removal or a immunity/block effect to use on initiation. THEN proceed to ping pong the living kitten out of them.
Also do not be a idiot and spam condis if you see them have dagger offhand or plague signet.

There is truly no secret to nomming the easiest to chunk profession in game, tho they are dangerous if you aint prepared for them, as is anyone with burst.

Lich form with 180 cd isn’t even good as a staff ele .Also you can strip that stability or steal it then cc that huge free kill target. MM necros usually run power tank build not condition .
Necros do have some ridiculous stuff like signet of spite ,MM and 1200 range instant cc .And yes they do have a pretty low skill floor and skill cap comparing other classes.But that’s not balance issue.

Actually they got a higher skill ceiling than anything except engie because of their very lacking and very limited vigor/stability and 0 blocks evade moves invuls and combat blinks.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Terror necros can be a tough fight for any condi build but engies especially because we have limited CC and condi cleanse.

Necros don’t have the most mobility or defense against CC. As en engi you have tons of mobility and CC.

On topic, there are no real counters to Lich Form 7K crits, you can hide or nuke them and hope they die first, that’s it. The condi spammers with MM are just very hard to beat because hitpoints are so wonderfully balanced.

Lich form with 180 cd isn’t even good as a staff ele .Also you can strip that stability or steal it then cc that huge free kill target. MM necros usually run power tank build not condition .
Necros do have some ridiculous stuff like signet of spite ,MM and 1200 range instant cc .And yes they do have a pretty low skill floor and skill cap comparing other classes.But that’s not balance issue.

in Profession Balance

musu.9205

Actually they got a higher skill ceiling than anything except engie because of their very lacking and very limited vigor/stability and 0 blocks evade moves invuls and combat blinks.[/quote]

again ,underpowered , not viable and having a significant weakness don’t mean they have high skill ceiling.
Anet never tried to design necro with high mobility to begin with .

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

Your best bet against a necro is to just bomb him right back. If you use condis then stack em hard and start pinging him about, they often have little to no stability. If your power then, try to use LoS. Engies have issues with anything that spams conditions really, although thats true of any class I suppose.

Except warrior, they laugh at conditions.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Necro wa always counter to engi no matter what , ofc there are few cheese builds like MM tank who can stay still and kill :p or full glass who can go lich form and one shoot ppl , signet of spite landed in right time can win a fight instantly. I am playing condi necro withour SoS or any fear duration , not even nightmare runes and killing engis is pretty easy becose of the condi transfer/corupt. Ofc there are soem engi builds that can kill necro if playied properly for example turret engi or even power engi. The thing is that if u gonna met good necro in a fight u will lose almoust every 1v1. And condi necro is not OP even not close to that , MM or power are a bit broken.

S/D thief is kinda counter to necro or mesmers , engi can counter thiefs etc. This is how this game works , and trust me some necro builds require a lot of skill and knowlage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

There is one counter to Lich form, a Mace/Shield Warrior with Missile Deflection. Either they waste time in their form by not attacking, or if you time it right you hit them for 10K+ in reflects. It’s a REALLY limited counter, but it does work.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Forsaker.9213

some ele builds can reflect lich pretty nice , engis also + engi with bombs can blind him pretty efective.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

It is funny how in less than a couple of weeks a thread can exist in which it is said that necros are balanced (or underpowered even), and another one spawns with people saying they are an amazingly easy class with an easy time to deal with other people…

What I gather from all the comments here is that there is a huge misconception about classes… No, not just the Necromancer, but classes in general… I have seen it all; thieves flying/teleporting/evading/blinding/stealthing/damage dealing in one build, Necromancer MM’s with huge AoE condition spikes, Elementalists with way too much sustain yet too much damage at the same time…

All I can tell, and this is what I do when I normally have an issue with a specific class, is to learn to play it… Learn to see what kind of builds there are out there, play it for just a couple of matches and learn as to what counters it and why…

A Necromancer is suspicable to CC, they have no way of escaping an unbalanced fight (1v2, 2v3 etc) and they are slow (compared to most classes)… In a mid fight usually at the start of the game, focus the necromancer first… Since it has to build up life force for Deathshroud, chances are that he has no way of mitigating damage – Once downed, you can easily stomp the Necro by having either 2 do it, blind him, or have stability on…

About Condition Necromancers next – Most of their damage used to come from Dhuumfire, and by the Gods, thank you for nerfing it because it was overdue… Now a lot of Necromancers tend to use Fear, chaining it with Signet Of Spite to get a condi spike off… Imho, a stupid move – SoS is single targetted, and if you got targetted then don’t stay in the fight, but back off a bit and let your team come back more into the fight… The base damage from SoS is rather weak even, as it “only” applies 2 stacks of bleeding and poison that actually hurts you…
A less traditional setup, but a rising one and probably my favourite spec, is the Boon Corrupt Necro… The so called “Condition Spam” comes only because you were responsible for applying many boons onto yourself… An easy way to spot this is when you see your stability became a fear, or when your regeneration becomes poison (the latter is rare, but trust me, it can turn the fight around)… Play clever, do not apply boons directly on top of the previous removed ones if you cannot handle the conditions… I see a lot of Engineers and warriors constantly doing this… A Guardian or Elementalist will have a way easier time to do so since they can remove the conditions way quicker…

Power Necromancers are starting to rise, but they have a big glaring weakness… Out of all the classes that can spike someone down, the Power Necro lacks the escapability or the sustain to stay in the fight… Foot in the Grave only grants you 3 seconds of stability, and no, it is not a stunbreak… Seek him out, spike him down before they do…
Lich Form is an oddity, but what people forget is that it is a huge target as well – with a removable stability even… Yes, tremble in fear as he does 10K “autos” on you, but stand behind him and you can spike him down, or better yet, remove his stability and CC that monster… They often come with Wells, and my general advise is to wait untill they are gone before getting back on the node… Yes it might be decapped then, but it is better to stay alive in this situation, since after the wells he cannot do much anymore…

MM Necromancers… ugh, I get frustrated a lot by people that they say it “is a good build”… Out of all the necromancers in my team which I want to see, a MM can just rot into hell… Mostly, they will occupy their home point since that is all they are good for… MM Necromancers fare rather well in (most) 1v1’s, if the enemy is stupid enough to come close… A roaming MM is just insulting, and I tend to get genuinly mad at MM on my team doing so when they are off to far or w/e… They have nothing but a Flesh Golem charge to help the team out with… They got no boon removal, so a Warrior with stability on can freely stomp your teammate… Again, all their damage is single targetted, and usually only in 600 range… And to top it off, they are really, and I mean really, suspicable to any AoE…
Usually an Engineer has a hard time against any kind of Necromancer since they are able to put a lot of pressure on them with constant boon removal and some condition stacks – A MM lacks any of this, and is likely an Engineers favourite meal…

A TL:DR to sum it up: Focus necro, laugh at MM, cry if the latter is on your team…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

(edited by GoogleBrandon.5073)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I would say necro is a cheese profession in pvp. SoSpite, fear chains, well bombing and Lich (maybe even mm) are all cheese. Against unprepared opponents op but against prepared ones borderline useless/hard to pull off…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Ah, someone got killed by a Necro. I love the rage. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

musu.9205

S/D thief is kinda counter to necro or mesmers , engi can counter thiefs etc. This is how this game works , and trust me some necro builds require a lot of skill and knowlage.

To be fair it shouldn’t happen that a class almost entirely counter other class. Specific build could work like that way . And that does hurt game balance .Before patch ,necro drive engi away from meta and thief made mesmer unplayable in high end tpvp. This just lowers builds variety.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

If your up aga8nst a skilled necro it can be tough, we necros have kittenty weapons and limited defence options exploit that.
If its a well.necro wait.for well.to.go.away attack
Terror spam get stunn breaks out or keep range
Lich neco keep range.at laugh when gone walk up and kill
Ds necro(power) he will probably be.running staff watch out.for.marks and when he.pops.ds burn through it fast cc kikck.kitten against them.

And necro is not a noob click class. Takes alot.more.skill to.play at top tier.
If you running condi just keep up the.pressure reason i lose to.engi in my necro is
Cc
Keeps ranged and condi spam
Bunker build…usualy this ends in a draw or last 2-3 minutes since.i run a bunker build, last bunker.engi i ran into we.both gave up and decided just not.to.attack.each other’s

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Because you cant be bothered to include condi removal in your builds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

-snip-

Pretty accurate analysis and yes Corruptomancer (patent pending) is currently fun as kitten to play. The constant might available from runes of strength means that you always have at least 1 boon to corrupt and changing a large stack of might into weakness is such a huge shift in the damage output of the target that many people are caught completely off-guard by it.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Myron.6732

Myron.6732

Not really, I never said they were an impossible fight. I just said that they are tough but they can be dealt with through effective CC and kiting.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

First of all Necro is not click to win , mayble for MM but not for condimancers.

As a Necro player I will tell you this:

If you’re playing condi engi necro s are indeed tough too kill. As already suggest try learning the rotations. By watching a youtube vid or asking a necro himself.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black para goner.7612

Black para goner.7612

Engi gets countered pretty hard by necro, so its naturally to lose against one if you are both at the same skill level. The way to bet an necro on an engi is using ur blinds and blocks at the right time, also dodges. I try to get close to them and circle around them bombing them and dishing out CC. Necros get countered pretty hard by heavy CC or alot of condi clearer professions like an ele.

Nova Bushido Top Charr Engineer, AG IRQ.
Predator | Quip | Flameseeker | Juggernaut

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I just wonder why there is no wall-of-text about this topic. Am I the only one having big troubles against this noob click to win class?No mather if it is condi nec with endless fear and condition spike or power necro with hits for 4-6k per hit range attack?

I really try to get the track against necros but I can’t. This class seems so broken OP to me. Maybe it’s just the fact I prefer play engi. But today some mate flames me in tournament: you are a noob engi u must win against nec. I told him I used to have a really bad time against this noob click to win class…. Am I a noob or is necro really that hard for you guys too? What is your secret to win against them? Please tell, I really need help.

are you serious? is your entire body made of glass or something for them to hit that hard?
on a lighter note, try playing the class. seriously. i know i’m dead the second i see 2 warriors with hammers. i don’t even try to engage them.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

I just wonder why there is no wall-of-text about this topic. Am I the only one having big troubles against this noob click to win class? No mather if it is condi nec with endless fear and condition spike or power necro with hits for 4-6k per hit range attack?

Complainging about condi necro when it’s already been nerf hammered. What a joke of a thread we have here.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

You can’t kill a necro as an engi on the same skill level. I guess a medium skilled necro will kill 10 of 10 times a top 50 tpvp engi if the engi is going for conditions or hybrid. Only power engis have a chance against necros but still a hard matchup for the engi.

the only hard counter at the moment is necro to engi and thief to mesmer. No other matchup is so much dominated by the other class.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Which is rather unbalanced. Hard counters are a good mechanic for classes and specs in RPGs, as they put real meaning behind what you specialize into, but they need to have a full rock-paper-scissors style line. Each counter needs to in turn have their own hard counters.

I.e., PU Mesmers shut down most 1v1 specs due to how they enjoy being attacked 1v1, but falter when faced with opponents they need to actively stop from escaping or against groups.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

You can’t kill a necro as an engi on the same skill level. I guess a medium skilled necro will kill 10 of 10 times a top 50 tpvp engi if the engi is going for conditions or hybrid. Only power engis have a chance against necros but still a hard matchup for the engi.

the only hard counter at the moment is necro to engi and thief to mesmer. No other matchup is so much dominated by the other class.

This seems to be a highly hyperbolic post to me. You’re talking specifically about condition necros vs condition engis and really overstating the hard counter nature of this situation. A decent necro will punish an engi who spams condis and boons, and I agree that condi necros do well against engis for sure, but you’re 10/10 kills statement is absurd. Plus, most necros I see run power or MM, which engis should do well against.

in Profession Balance

Lupanic.6502

This seems to be a highly hyperbolic post to me. You’re talking specifically about condition necros vs condition engis and really overstating the hard counter nature of this situation. A decent necro will punish an engi who spams condis and boons, and I agree that condi necros do well against engis for sure, but you’re 10/10 kills statement is absurd. Plus, most necros I see run power or MM, which engis should do well against.

This is not my opinion watch top engis streams like chaithh. He posted how to beat a necro with an pure anti necRo build. At this day he played several duels and lost all oft then with his normal builds. Not even close. But the 10/10 means necro is condi and engi condi

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

if you are having trouble against a necro then I don’t know what to say…… you can easily stop them from even landing an attack before you kill them with all your cc, you even have access to immunities and stability so -.-’ not to mention evades and escapes and speed and fast weapons quick cast times ranged attacks

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

You’re getting pretty hard countered by something that you can’t really do anything about. Its not that Necros are OP, and the way they counter you can’t really be nerfed, its just that everything you rely on both offensively and defensively they have an answer for, and you don’t really. You want to apply lots of condis, they return those back to you. You need boons to stay alive, they corrupt them.

None of the mechanics that are countering you are actually too strong, its simply that your build, by decision or lack of other options, has no way to deal with them. Does it suck? Entirely. Does Engi potentially need access to more active condi cleanse? Maybe so, I don’t know the class well. But Necromancer, by design, is the king of conditions, so a condi 1v1 against them is always going to favor Necro.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I wonder what the counter to “lich auto attacks” is…? I wonder if it’s… reflection?

This is a learn to play issue.

There are only 2 things you need to watch out for as a condi engi fighting a condi necro. Staff 4 and dagger 4. That’s it. Count on them using those skills when you spike them with conditions and try blocking pre-emptively. Or reflect dagger 4.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

-Insert comment about how the class I play is in fact NOT overpowered and you are not just completely wrong but biased to boot (but I am certainly not biased)-

Alternatively we could focus on the severe build diversity issues, underpowered utilities, and underwhelming game mode.

If I could take one utility every two weeks from each class, and make a minor modification to it (up or down in power), it would do wonders for the interest level of the game.

The cold syrup speed of game changes does not do it for me unfortunately.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

The OP plays Engi and if the OP understood his class and traits then it should be easy to realize it is an uphill fight.

Either way this thread is just carrying on and the OP hasn’t been back with any type of input just stating Necro is Noob Click class and he has trouble with them. We don’t know his build, playstyle, or even exactly what he has trouble with against the necro.

Looks like a fire and forget thread to me.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

No I think this thread needs more attention. I feel the necro is too easy to use and is overpowering the meta right now. The conditions are too much and nobody can defend themselves against it. They have 7k crits on their ultimate, no other class can come close to that.

I think we need to address the serious imbalance of this class. It’s dominating the entire game and needs NERFS. Pls Anet can you nerf this class. Reduce bleeds stacks and increase flip skill timers. Increase their cast times and allow better telegraphs to counter the skills.

DS is too overpowered. It needs to be reduced.

Reduce their terror damage by at least half and pls reduce fear times accross the board.

They are probably (like OP said) the most dominant power class in the game. Dagger needs nerf as well as Lich form.

This is a serious issue. This class is destroying the game with it’s easy-win playstyle. One-click win class is really unfair to the community. Nerf Necros condition stacks (about half of what they can do) wtih increased recharge timers (Especially on their stun-breakers).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

No I think this thread needs more attention. I feel the necro is too easy to use and is overpowering the meta right now. The conditions are too much and nobody can defend themselves against it. They have 7k crits on their ultimate, no other class can come close to that.

I think we need to address the serious imbalance of this class. It’s dominating the entire game and needs NERFS. Pls Anet can you nerf this class. Reduce bleeds stacks and increase flip skill timers. Increase their cast times and allow better telegraphs to counter the skills.

DS is too overpowered. It needs to be reduced.

Reduce their terror damage by at least half and pls reduce fear times accross the board.

They are probably (like OP said) the most dominant power class in the game. Dagger needs nerf as well as Lich form.

This is a serious issue. This class is destroying the game with it’s easy-win playstyle. One-click win class is really unfair to the community. Nerf Necros condition stacks (about half of what they can do) wtih increased recharge timers (Especially on their stun-breakers).

You really should add a /sarcasm there.
Some people will actually think you’re serious with this and that everything you said is true/required.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Profession Balance

Forsaker.9213

The main problem i see here is that most ppl coming on forum are simply said noobs and have no clue about game , class mechanic and dont start to QQ on me becouse that is true. Smt i see posts and i think does this guy playing same game than me?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

What’s always fun is when a turret engi claims that power necro is low risk high reward easy to play skill clicking “n00b”.
I have had turret engis gripe several times about my power necro build. I think they are really only mad because the absolute easiest build in the game has something that can counter it.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

MM Necromancers… ugh, I get frustrated a lot by people that they say it “is a good build”… Out of all the necromancers in my team which I want to see, a MM can just rot into hell… Mostly, they will occupy their home point since that is all they are good for… MM Necromancers fare rather well in (most) 1v1’s, if the enemy is stupid enough to come close… A roaming MM is just insulting, and I tend to get genuinly mad at MM on my team doing so when they are off to far or w/e… They have nothing but a Flesh Golem charge to help the team out with… They got no boon removal, so a Warrior with stability on can freely stomp your teammate… Again, all their damage is single targetted, and usually only in 600 range… And to top it off, they are really, and I mean really, suspicable to any AoE…
Usually an Engineer has a hard time against any kind of Necromancer since they are able to put a lot of pressure on them with constant boon removal and some condition stacks – A MM lacks any of this, and is likely an Engineers favourite meal..

Agreed..Even if i play a roaming MM decapping far every time my team loses mid
If the MM is niche depends on what you run as an MM.. D/D or A/F and even if you go for siphon of DS sustain.. so a little nuance in trait and weapon choices does alter the way the MM is played.
D/D staff with flesh wurm and healing trough DS can deliver some nice spikes and can jump in on mid, support and jump back. It can even hunt down enemies and, when played right, solo the lord. kill trebs, support mid, decap and stay up vs 2.
In my experience: The only time an Engi loses to an MM is when the MM has some LF and the engi spams his conditions, immobilize and forgets to cover his blind and then fires his “push” while blinded himself 1st action in combat or when the MM doesn’t have 2 transfers on him.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

there are no real counters to Lich Form 7K crits, you can hide or nuke them and hope they die first, that’s it.

as a power necro i can say that the biggest counter is to simply strafe.
the auto attack moves extremely slowly so unless the necro is right on top of you just move left or right and it’ll miss.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

It’s like, no one reads or acknowledges when a totally reasonable response is made.

The counter to “lich form auto attacks” is reflection. Don’t have it? Use blocks, blinds, evades, invulnerabilities or boon strips and CC. Don’t have any of that, somehow? Use protection or weakness to take less damage from it. Don’t have any of the above? Well, did you actually set your traits up or equip skills?

Any other excuse just means you picked paper and he picked flamethrower.

Btw, strafes don’t avoid lich form auto attacks. It’s called not moving, which automatically turns your character in their direction to hit them regardless. Works with all skills, not just lich form.

I get good laughs when I fight people that think they’re epic pro who strafe and circle around me while I’m in lich form or trying to hit them with life blast, thinking they have everything all figured out.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KiteoHatto.7018

KiteoHatto.7018

^Reflection really messes us up. I play a necro in wvw and i roam to camps/dollys. I play a hybrid build(condi/power/toughness/vit) with extended conditions and a 52% crit chance.

I can’t comment on MM builds since i’ve only used it for leveling, but i can sort of explain on what gets me killed when it comes to power/condi.

-Stun and then a quick burst will kill me, even if i enter DS im just prolonging my death, i will die when it ends.
-Stacking one type of condition and using another type once i’ve used my heal and then stacking both, i won’t be able to get rid of it all in time.
-Just getting focused with knockbacks/pulls, nothing frustrates me more if i activate DS 4 and 5 and then im knocked down, it’s just me wasted DS and lifeforce.
-Reflect, reflect and reflect

Now the things that gets me easy kills:
-People staying in my wells <3
-People not focusing me and instead going after melee classes
-People who try to run/stay at range without putting pressure on me(i have a lot of chasing abilities)
-People with bunker builds(i can get 20+ stacks of vulnerability and at least15 stacks of bleed pretty quick)

To get 7k crits with lich AA means that they will have crappy condition damage, in which case just focus on reflecting/mitigating the damage, its not like lich form uses some special HP force or something. If you see a necro pop lichform at half HP then he is just gambling with his life(he will die if he cant kill you in the next 10s)

TLDR: Force me to pop all my cooldowns and then cc my DS and im as good as dead, i don’t have any significant escape skills and i wont be able to pop my wells again for a good while.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blackmoa.3186

Blackmoa.3186

Btw, strafes don’t avoid lich form auto attacks. It’s called not moving, which automatically turns your character in their direction to hit them regardless. Works with all skills, not just lich form.

just spam walkign sideways ins alternate directions and you will “dodge” 80% of all projectiles in the game including lich autos.

German Caster,
never blinking “specialist”,

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

just spam walkign sideways ins alternate directions and you will “dodge” 80% of all projectiles in the game including lich autos.

I truly wonder how many people realize this. Most projectiles will compensate for your movement, so if it reads you moving in one direction at X speed, it will fly in a path that will hit you by the time it gets there. Only you just have to not be there.

I thought, however, that Lich auto doesn’t actually compensate, so you actually can strafe around and have it miss. I need to test it though. Last time I saw a Necro pop Lich and fly at me, I just popped Plague Form, dove on him with Blind pulsing (which also chilled him since I run Chilling Darkness), and I even had time to /laugh. Paper covers rock, etc.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

The main necro weakness is a total lack of stability, just mixed good knock backs into your build, that should give you a good chance of winning.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Just make a warrior you’ll kitten necros easily

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

I thought, however, that Lich auto doesn’t actually compensate, so you actually can strafe around and have it miss. I need to test it though. Last time I saw a Necro pop Lich and fly at me, I just popped Plague Form, dove on him with Blind pulsing (which also chilled him since I run Chilling Darkness), and I even had time to /laugh. Paper covers rock, etc.

It compensates, only given the range and the really really slow projectile, the compensation isn’t enough.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

The best advice I can give is to try out a necro for yourself, that’s the only way to really feel how they are balanced. There are some stupid things like minion master builds that deal really high nearly unavoidable single target dmg while being really tanky, but high AoE or really high single target burst will make quickwork of them, and ofc that random awkward flesh golem charge which spikes people up against a wall for 6-10k dmg. But overall I find them among the most balanced currently.

Personally I find them less forgiving and way more strategic to play than engineers, although engineers are slightly more difficult to just hop on and play. With engineers you can do pretty much whatever you need to, necros and warriors might be a tough challenge in 1v1 but overall engineers are the jacks of all trades, they aren’t best at anything except being fairly good at everything, it happens quite often that it takes 2 or 3 people to kill a single engineer depending on builds.

Necros have really poor sustain, and also any CC hurt them a lot more than it does to other classes due to slow attacks, no blocks, no invulnerability, low access to stability (only some glassy deathshroud oriented builds have it, plague form and lich form), lack of vigor and long cast times on everything, this combined with the worst mobility and escapability in the game.

Your strengths as a necro are that you are able to cause really high pressure early and mid fight while being tanky and with some small access to light CC’s and fears, after that you begin to melt, this unless you take really high damage from a thief or any other single-target glasscannon while CC’d which is when you will go down really quick.

The fights I’ve won against good necros myself as engineer are the ones where I’ve tried to use my blinds and CC’s well, combined with leaving line of sight to get out of the pressure to heal up, after all if you get the most out of your heals with healing turret you can heal more than a warrior with healing signet and adrenal health active 100%.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Well it’s pretty common knowledge that Necros hard counter Engis (as well as Mesmers, probably Thieves and, like every other class, Rangers). Necros have an intended susceptibility to CC and can buckle under ranged pressure, so bear that in mind when building your Engi.

As for Lich Form, yes it is quite ridiculous and if you don’t have any boon strip to get rid of the stability, you’re going to have a horrible time and most likely die 1v1. After that reflects are good and generally just abusing LOS until the transformation ends. Alternatively, just get a Mesmer to override it with Moa Morph.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Lupanic.6502

Lich Form is very hard but you can blind the Lich and run away or abuse LOS. You should never try to fight a Lich with any char. I mean the Lich is able to hit you for 4k+ with a single hit. That’s not an engi problem. All classes have trouble with that

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Lich Form is very hard but you can blind the Lich and run away or abuse LOS. You should never try to fight a Lich with any char. I mean the Lich is able to hit you for 4k+ with a single hit. That’s not an engi problem. All classes have trouble with that

I have seen warriors manfight a lich and win and it didnt look that difficult. Surpisingly being in melee against a lich can be quite good similar to necro staff aa or lifeblasts the castpoint is strange, so if you are too near they dont hit. But if there is only a little range lichs aa can destroy…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

My condi necro abuses lich form. A lot of classes have successful ways to deal with it too, add in some dodges and realistically going toe to toe with lich form isn’t that bad if you have your cooldowns up and know what to do.