[WvW] What If: Hammer Stun was Removed?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We all recognise that Hammer Stun is part of the cheesy meta at the moment (along with condi duration reduction food and Commanders being charr guardians with rucksacks etc etc).

What would happen if the Warrior’s Hammer Stun was Removed from the game?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

i vote for hobosacks on wvw commanders

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

no one would use it

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

i vote for hobosacks on wvw commanders

Wouldn’t bother me. I command on an engineer

On the topic though, why would you even bring this up OP? Animosity towards hammers? It is easy to dodge.

Define “cheesy” OP? What makes hammers cheesy? I love how everyone mimics buzzwords and tries to use them as subtle insults though, it makes me smile. Sometimes some originality when making complaints would be refreshing. ………. Anyway, want balance discussion are you trying to have?

Charr guardians with rucksacks? I almost never see this? Are you suggesting this is a common occurrence among all 50+ servers? Or are do you actually assume the few you see are cause to believe everyone does this?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Why is Hammer stun so much of an issue for you?

Seriously the skill does medium damage at best and everyone has stability. If you don’t have stability you need to ask yourself why and adjust from there. People without stability are dead.

There is nothing that makes hammer stun any more of a problem than line of warding, fears, static, mass blindness, etc…

And I don’t even WvW on a Warrior.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Most of the time when i’m fighting anyone who knows what a hammer stun is, it doesnt do anything but apply some damage. Stability is rampant and unless you catch someone completely off guard with 3 corruption wells and a static field, your hammerstuns dont do that much.

you dont need to catch them THAT off guard either.

they’re ez to dodge, and more likely its the static field that is messing you up

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

It’s moreso the issue of highly rampant amounts of immobilizations that tend to screw people over more than hammer stuns in my opinion. Granted the only class that might be truely screwed as far as hammer stuns are necros, but all in all, we have some ways of dealing with it. Yea getting caught with little to no stun breaks against a hammer train is pretty lame, but usually that requires a good amount of ppl applying said stuns at the same time… Where as u have immobilize which can be applied by only 2 or 3 people and can last 10+ seconds, most classes have VERY easy access to this condi/soft CC, you can’t stun break or teleport out of it (in most cases, but ur still stuck in place) and gotta burn a cleanse (that’s IF you don’t have cover condis over the immobilize.) this I find WAAAAY more cheese.

Edit: I do realize in a Zerg setting this might be less relevant of an issue, though in smaller cases like roaming its more of a prominent issue. Either way, mobility is key to survival no matter what setting.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

(edited by Colt.9051)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

hammerstun was nerfed longago =))

It’s still viable, but it’s not something that u can’r run without. It’s cheesy against nabs. Guardian hammer is much stronger for e-le

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie