balance: life blast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

Hello anet.

Im just a unworthy customer that have a doubt:

Whats your future plan in the next balance whit necromancer:
-Life blast and the current trajectories.

What i mean in simple words: as necro you can imagine i have death shroud to defend in a surprise thief attack, 22k Hp and blast blum bamg im down to 5k in i dont have a clue few attacks, i cast death shroud and in a matter of second my fear, my life transfer is my defense action followed by the infamous Life blast.

But for my surprise this time the thief have a tactic he stay in POB whit me making all my intent to hit him whit life blast futile. i drain my life force and im down.

I’ve been notice whit melee class is a little hard to hit whit life blast making the skill in somehow useless against melee.

Can devs in the future patch try to fix this a bit i call this a little unbalance since Life Blast have a cast time and also getting hard to hit at melee.

Please keep the topic, and fellows necro player if is just me give me you feedback about this issue, Thanks.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

Maybe I’m missing something obvious here, but what’s POB?

As for thieves, being a glass cannon necromancer I tend to fear them, follow up with a couple of life blasts and then DS 5&4 when he stealths, after which I try to cast some marks on my feet and heal up if he’s still alive.

Most of the time I deal easily enough damage to force them defensive or out right burst them down, and a defensive thief won’t last long against the amount of raw damage necromancers can do. Most thieves are not a problem for me 1v1.

I’ve never really had issues with not hitting melee targets either, but maybe that’s just me.

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

(edited by yski.7642)

in Profession Balance

kishter.9578

Maybe I’m missing something obvious here, but what’s POB?

As for thieves, being a glass cannon necromancer I tend to fear them, follow up with a couple of life blasts and then DS 5&4 when he stealths, after which I try to cast some marks on my feet and heal up if he’s still alive.

Most of the time I deal easily enough damage to force them defensive or out right burst them down, and a defensive thief won’t last long against the amount of raw damage necromancers can do. Most thieves are not a problem for me 1v1.

when i say POB i mean point black, in other words tagged whit you.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

Ah, ok. I usually don’t find that a huge problem, but to be fair it is a 1200 range skill, so being a little bit weaker in point blank ranges is fair IMO.

You’ll generally want to save your fear to secure a couple of good hits, and in my case that’s usually enough. If you get jumped on, your first priority is to make them stop attacking you, and a couple of ~4k crits on 10k health thief usually does the trick.

Dodge, turn, fear, spam 1 and you’re going to score some solid hits

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

(edited by yski.7642)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

The OP’s issue still isn’t clear. How does point blank range make life blast harder to hit? Point blank gives you less time to dodge.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

The OP’s issue still isn’t clear. How does point blank range make life blast harder to hit? Point blank gives you less time to dodge.

Life blast (like Necrotic grasp and a few other staff base animation skills) actually starts outside its own hitbox, thus a melee character inside your model can never be hit with it and a strafing 150 range character will cause it to cancel 4/5 times.
Surprisingly the underwater version of life blast applies to normal projectile rules of starting inside your hitbox.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Profession Balance

kishter.9578

Life blast (like Necrotic grasp and a few other staff base animation skills) actually starts outside its own hitbox, thus a melee character inside your model can never be hit with it and a strafing 150 range character will cause it to cancel 4/5 times.
Surprisingly the underwater version of life blast applies to normal projectile rules of starting inside your hitbox.

Good explanation. Thanks for the contribution guys.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Why on earth this topic was made in the “professional sub forums” is beyond me, but I had a similar problem with some skills. I learned it was an issue with some of my settings. I generally do not use the skills listed at close range. But you should still go into setting, and uncheck the “melee attack assist” in the bottom of the general options panel and see if that helps.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c