best pve roaming class?

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

what is fastest class in open world ? just for trash mobs ? any chance guardian can be good in that ?

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Warrior imo. And from my experience, guardians are freaking slow. Warrior can get around really fast because of GS 3 and 5, and GS is also great for pve so it’s a win win.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Weez.6315

Weez.6315

thieves and warriors are faster than guards fo sure but if u play with meditations and 1handsword + gs you got 2 ports + 1 leap . in addition to that u can use traveller runes and in the end ur speed isnt that bad^^ (and your damage is higher than with war)

Mimsy – On a crusade against PU and Phantasm builds!

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

thieves and warriors are faster than guards fo sure but if u play with meditations and 1handsword + gs you got 2 ports + 1 leap . in addition to that u can use traveller runes and in the end ur speed isnt that bad^^ (and your damage is higher than with war)

warrior has higher damage. it’s not even close. Guard has the disgusting amount of free sustain and boons.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Weez.6315

Weez.6315

warrior has higher damage. it’s not even close. Guard has the disgusting amount of free sustain and boons.

Are you serious? :S Please visit the Speedrun Threads in this forum… warrior is just a banner carrier but thats not the topic here

Mimsy – On a crusade against PU and Phantasm builds!

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Engineer is likely the best choice due to having easy perma-swiftness (Speedy Kits) and the highest number of concurrent high-damage burst kills for easy fast trash kills, meaning you have very little downtime when rushing between mobs for fast kills.

Warrior is a close second due to Forceful Greatsword giving you fast easy might stacks and also have good swiftness uptime, but they lack strong burst damage skills (the best you’re getting is Eviscerate on a 10s CD) so you may spend longer than you would like working through trash. Ele is similarly situated for the same reason, although Dragon’s Tooth is a better burst than Eviscerate at least.

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

randomfightfan.4091

Are you serious? :S Please visit the Speedrun Threads in this forum… warrior is just a banner carrier but thats not the topic here

2nd Fastest guard soloing lupi. 5:18. He relied on perfect reflects to do 1/3 to 1/2 oh lupi’s hp bar to get anywhere close to that fast. He also pushed him to wall.

A war solo that doesn’t use the wall in any phase so it shortened his time by a minimum of 10s. He did it in 4:50. That’s only his damage, no reflecting the projectiles to double his dps for free.

Guard record 4:24. He self admits to “heavy abusing of reflections”

War record 4:18. Only his own damage to bring down Lupi’s hp bar. He used the wall

Post patch for same war 4:29 and he claims it wasn’t that good.

Warrior has higher dps. If you count abusing reflects vs bosses that spam projectiles, then guard has comparable dps. Guards are a favorite in speed runs because their aiges means you spend time attacking instead of dodging. They also have said reflections for abusing boss mechanics and making it easier for other party members to continue dpsing.

PS. Sorry if this gets posted multiple times. Forum kept crashing and so I tried to resubmit this a few times only to have it keep crashing.

Attachments:

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

randomfightfan.4091

as feared, forum quit taking a poop and now it’s posting above post multiple times…

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Don’t let others confuse you … how you kill fast in openworld farming (where the mobs’ hits don’t hurt enough to care and they typically die in 5-8 hits) is NOT the same thing as dungeons (where a single mob hit hurts and the mobs are designed for team kills). Burst > sustain damage in openworld as well so any advice that ‘proves’ how much damage a class does and concluding they are strong open world farming classes is not based on the correct underlying situations.

Guardian is one of the best. They stack damage effects (DD, Burning, symbol, and a bit of retal and even spirit weapon if you dare) and have effects that prevent them being CC’ed by trash (mostly the blind from active VoJ trait, sword and GS #3) but they are slow. That’s addressed with Traveler’s Runes.

My Guardian is full zerk with Travelers runes. My typical farming setup is GS with 5/5/0/0/4, though this can vary on my mood. It’s on par with my D/P 6/6/2/0/0 thief for damage, but the Guardian is more resilient and facetanks well, which is what you want when you farm; dodging while farming is not necessary based on the blinds and Aegis available. More precisely, you don’t want to dodge in PVE farming because tanking the mobs is easy and the Guardian has the best tools to mitigate facetanked damage.

I also found that Necro is highly effective farming because of how many AoE damage effects they can stack, but they don’t have much of a toolset to deal with knockbacks, etc.. that cause delays in farming. Sometimes pets will be aggro or cause mobs to move more than necessary; not farming optimal. I haven’t tried Warrior or Engi to comment how they compare. Typically, anything that needs to ‘setup’ sucks for farming; Mesmer is one example.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

randomfightfan.4091

Don’t let others confuse you … how you kill fast in openworld farming (where the mobs’ hits don’t hurt enough to care and they typically die in 5-8 hits) is NOT the same thing as dungeons

It may not be the same but I kill most open world mobs in 1-3 hits with my dungeon gear. Only thing that would take 5-8 hits would be a tankish vet. Although, I am a thief… although I see do wars burning things down only slightly slower than me but it’s always in aoe and they are much tankier.

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Open world – ranger will be the most ezmode option in existence. No effort required and you can compete with and surpass the dps of most of the other classes.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

2nd Fastest guard soloing lupi. 5:18. He relied on perfect reflects to do 1/3 to 1/2 oh lupi’s hp bar to get anywhere close to that fast. He also pushed him to wall.

A war solo that doesn’t use the wall in any phase so it shortened his time by a minimum of 10s. He did it in 4:50. That’s only his damage, no reflecting the projectiles to double his dps for free.

Guard record 4:24. He self admits to “heavy abusing of reflections”

War record 4:18. Only his own damage to bring down Lupi’s hp bar. He used the wall

Post patch for same war 4:29 and he claims it wasn’t that good.

Warrior has higher dps. If you count abusing reflects vs bosses that spam projectiles, then guard has comparable dps. Guards are a favorite in speed runs because their aiges means you spend time attacking instead of dodging. They also have said reflections for abusing boss mechanics and making it easier for other party members to continue dpsing.

PS. Sorry if this gets posted multiple times. Forum kept crashing and so I tried to resubmit this a few times only to have it keep crashing.

It’s almost as if the guardian was missing the capped out might the warrior has yet still got a fast time

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

randomfightfan.4091

It’s almost as if the guardian was missing the capped out might the warrior has yet still got a fast time

So how does that equal guardians having more dps when roaming solo? Esp vs enemies without projectile?

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Obtena.7952

Don’t let others confuse you … how you kill fast in openworld farming (where the mobs’ hits don’t hurt enough to care and they typically die in 5-8 hits) is NOT the same thing as dungeons

It may not be the same but I kill most open world mobs in 1-3 hits with my dungeon gear. Only thing that would take 5-8 hits would be a tankish vet. Although, I am a thief… although I see do wars burning things down only slightly slower than me but it’s always in aoe and they are much tankier.

Perhaps that is all true but I’m not misleading anyone when I say that someone playing LIKE they are in a dungeon while farming open world isn’t optimized for the task. They haven’t considered all the factors and they tend to be stuck in the ‘DPS = the best" mode. That’s just a small part.

As a few examples: A player doing Guardian would never use a spirit weapon in a dungeon. In openworld farming it could reduce the number of hits you need to kill a mob by 1. That’s a big deal when stuff dies in a handful of hits. In dungeons you dodge because bad things happen when you don’t. In openworld, you factank because everyone is built to take a good number of hits from trash and a dodge is lost opportunity to kill something that dies from a few hits anyways.

It’s a different way of thinking. There are alot of aspects people don’t think about for openworld farm; your damage is only one of them. How fast you run, the path you take on the map, if you divert to farm a node that’s off the beaten path … If you are interested in optimizing your openworld farming experience, I advice you go about it from a different angle than you would dungeons which is really just straight forward.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

So how does that equal guardians having more dps when roaming solo? Esp vs enemies without projectile?

leap of faith > whirling wrath > dead in <2 seconds

warrior : hundred blades > dead in 3.5 seconds

guardian wins

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Most of the answers above are missing the obvious. The correct answer is: Thief. With a thief you can trait 2 points in a trait line (Acrobatics) that will give you a speed boost with a dodge coupled with access to either reduced falling damage or a 50% speed boost in speed while in stealth. Spend 3 points in Acrobatics and you can dodge quite a bit (more than just about any other class). Couple that with the Signet of Shadows and you have significant sustained ground speed without having to use Runes. Add to that stealth on demand and you can simply avoid most conflicts. Use a dagger main hand and you can Heartseeker your way across the landscape if you so inclined. Built right you should be able to burst down a handful of normal mob targets faster than just about every other class in the game besides an Ele. laying waste with AOEs. You can harvest, hit open world chests and when necessary slip past most of the tougher mobs that might be guarding them at will. I used to stealth harvest the rich Ori node in Southsun that was guarded by a Champion Karka and escape unscathed about 90% of the time even if the Champ was camping on top of the node (sometimes the kitten would get a lucky shot in). And if you have the skill and the knack speed run JPs while you’re at it.

BTW: For some reason I’ve always found the way the Thief moves (which seems more “graceful” than most of the other classes) makes it easier for me to do JPs. Don’t know if that’s a real difference of just my having spent so much time playing a thief . . .

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

randomfightfan.4091

leap of faith > whirling wrath > dead in <2 seconds

warrior : hundred blades > dead in 3.5 seconds

guardian wins

Are you really still trying to argue that guardian has more dps than warrior? And where did you get these numbers from exactly? I’m not saying guard is a bad class, just the total DPS is lower than warrior. The burst is higher is certain circumstances that is true, but not all.

If you want to put the guard’s best melee burst skill vs the warrior’s melee best dps skill, ofc the burst is going to kill a weak target faster. That comparison is about as relevant as using warrior kill shot vs guard smite. Kill shot – dead in 2s (charge time) vs guard smite – dead in 4s (random number out of kitten to estimate kill time with smite). Besides, warriors don’t just stand there with hundred blades and wait. They throw the gs, charge, then spin away. Target(s) are dead 95% of the time and the war hasn’t lost a step.

The fact of the matter is, class doesn’t matter at all for pve roaming. Open world is stupidly easy. Any class can safely run around and kill anything they want. Vets may take a few extra hits and champions may require some thought but everything can be taken down. If it’s the minor mobs that die in 2 hits, guards will 2 shot them slightly faster than most warriors. If it’s a vet or champion, warrior will kill those faster. In group events, both of them are very much appreciated to have around (just like every other class in the game… except rangers).

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

best pve roaming class?

in Profession Balance

Obtena.7952

The fact of the matter is, class doesn’t matter at all for pve roaming. Open world is stupidly easy.

Just because it’s easy doesn’t mean you can’t optimize how you do it. This is what the OP is asking about with regards to Guardians. If you are interested in optimizing, arguments about who does more DPS aren’t all that significant.

With the right build, Guardian can throw down the same, multiple damage effects with almost 100% consistence at EACH trash mob they kill without a ‘’setup" like Mesmers, a lengthy cooldown times like a necro or aggro interruptions from pet classes. To boot, they have effects that block initial, time wasting hits from mobs like Risen Bulls. Aside from the Warrior, Ele and Eng (which I haven’t played at 80 yet), no other class can compare to the way a properly built Guardian can farm open world.

(edited by Obtena.7952)