best speed clear dps classes these days?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Redxon.6832

Redxon.6832

vel said warrs are pretty crappy these days and ele is the only class worth playing, but what else is good?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

In terms of dps, ele, thief, and mesmer with 3 phantasms up are top damage. Unless you listen to guang, in which case engineer is the only class worth playing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yup. Sword/Focus and Pistol on Mesmer hits pretty hard, especially if you set traits for increased illusion health and damage.

Thief is good as well, but just doesn’t feel as powerful to me.

I’ve heard there’s a Guardian sword build that does 7k autoattacks. No idea how true this is. I PUG too much to run full berserker on that class.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Warrior for – Fury / might / banners / vulnerability
Ele for – AoE damage / conjured weapons / might
Thief for – Single target damage / stealth
Guardian for – Protection / blocks / heal / might / reflect / condition removal
Mesmer for – Aoe and single target damage / reflects / condition removal

As far as ‘’best dps classes’‘, right now you’re best off in a well coordinated party
For instance that you don’t have 2 phalanx warriors.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

People who say warriors “are crap” are just biased. No class is crap per say just some do more damage than others.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

As far as ‘’best dps classes’‘, right now you’re best off in a well coordinated party

That’s a decent set-up I’d say.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

If you are pugging, war and ele are in 95% still most wanted when it comes to dps and fast boss kills – even if the only reason would be, that you hardly can fail with the popular dps builds for those classes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Warrior is crap? LOL
I’d rather find a group immediately than wait 10 minutes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

In terms of dps, ele, thief, and mesmer with 3 phantasms up are top damage. Unless you listen to guang, in which case engineer is the only class worth playing.

Mesmer dps is bad. If u don´t need a portaltrick to speed a dungeon up, it´s better to not use a mesmer.

warrior (1)/guard(1)/thief/ele (as much as possibel) are usually used for farmruns.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

People who say warriors “are crap” are just biased. No class is crap per say just some do more damage than others.

warriors only have medium teir DPS

in terms of dps/usefulness
1) eles
2) theives
3) guardian/warrior/spotter ranger
4) mesmers/engis
5) necros
6) non-zerk biulds

The Sickest Guild NA

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Necros. Necros are pretty rubbishy. Even bearbow rangers are better in most cases.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

For thieves I’d add Improvisation (compounds well with Ele’s conjures), and blinds.
Also S/P has pretty good cleave.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

the best pure dps party =
3 Ele
1 War
1 Mes

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It depends on what you are talking about.

Speed clear dungeons you’ll want a mesmer, an ele, 2 warriors and a guardian in most cases.

You can swap out a warrior for another ele or a thief as well. Thief is good for skipping trash and single target damage, but ele brings better AOE dmg and group might buffs.

However if you want to get INTO speed runs the fastest then your best bet is still warrior, no group I have ever seen would turn down a zerker warrior.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Great Cornholio.7529

Great Cornholio.7529

Necro vs Warrior DPS

Necros aren’t as bad as people think

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Necro vs Warrior DPS

Necros aren’t as bad as people think

Necro cannot solo stack 25 might stacks or have 100% precision with full Berserker gear and most importantly no banners.

Nevertheless against a wall, Necro + Minions + Flesh Golem + FGS > Warrior with FGS damage.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Monkman.9508

Monkman.9508

People need to start posting their builds with actual DPS parses.

Most of the above people are simply imagining the top DPS classes or maintaining the no longer valid status quo.

I have an 80 of all the classes, and they can all put out a ton of damage. The most dominating of the ones I find are a sword/axe (axe horn) ranger (with me playing, and my build) and my MM necro (staff + D/D) (with me playing, and my build( I use all my minion abilities, before they die, and when they die i make more ASAP). My warrior is also huge dps even after the nerfs.

I say the ranger and necro dominate because they can do things like solo some lvl 50 fractal champs fairy easily, and semi quickly, which the other classes struggle with. One of the reasons is that you can generally face the mobs and attack the entire time since the pet/minions take damage, and you don’t have to run around/dodge/get knocked down so much etc. Also they tend to have full bloodlust, and both of those builds are very high in might stacking.

Other players of course will not have the same build, or me playing, so it will be totally different. I am not saying I am the best or anything, but the way I play, these 2 are the highest dps.

When I form teams, I do not ask for anything specific. Believe it or not, I find this the easiest and most reliable way for speed clears, if you include forming time. Now and then things don’t work out, and someone needs to log in an alt.

When I see people advertising specific classes/builds for dungeons, my first though is that they give the dungeons too much credit, I find them trivial, but they find difficult, so therefore I do not want to play with them.

(edited by Monkman.9508)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I think it’s been said already tons of time but what cripple necromancers is the lack of usefulness in dungeon… and worse then that well tend to cripple the whole party because of crappy combo that destroy the god mighty blast fire combo.

So usually, for dungeon you’ll have :
Guardian : best utility to keep your party alive even in zerker gear. With some build that reach the top of the dps.
Elementalist : Who are the very best dps in this game (staff and conjure weapon outdamage every other class)
Warrior : with a pretty good dps and always all the party support you will want in a dungeon.
Thief : May be needed to skip trash mobs. (always a good dps in the right hands)
Mesmer : although they may lack dps they have some of the best party buff at hand.

You may add :
Rangers : Spotter and frost spirit make them unbielivably usefull but a lot of rangers don’t know that they can play melee which make them… somewhat un popular for PuG
Engineer : Really good dps output, firefield and blast. They can fill the role of the thief with their ability to stealth your party. Only thing that they won’t provide would be FGS or frost bow. Why don’t we see them more in dungeon? maybe a bit unpopular class (for players).

What is needed for a good speedrun dungeon?
- Classes that have a good synergy.
- Classes that keep might stack at 25 for the fight duration.
- Classes that help to skip boring fights.
- Classes that add to the party dps. (banner, frost spirit, timewarp and trait)
- And classes that can protect their mates without crippling them. (aegis, reflect, firefield condi cleanse)

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Warrior is crap? man Why I keep looking at these posts stating warrior is OP!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Warrior is crap? man Why I keep looking at these posts stating warrior is OP!!

You wont speedclear a dungeon if all you do is rush in, 100b and if enemy still lives, run away.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

I dont get why people dont mention engis here, or put them so low. Gren engis do insane damage and constantly keep 25 vunerability stacks on the enemy while healing, buffing the group and clear condis. Looks like people only play 7 classes…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I dont get why people dont mention engis here, or put them so low. Gren engis do insane damage and constantly keep 25 vunerability stacks on the enemy while healing, buffing the group and clear condis. Looks like people only play 7 classes…

Most players don’t think very highly of classes that aren’t war/guard/ele.
Months of stacking, exploiting and los-ing mobs have made people lazy and bad, and they tend to panic when you add a slight variation to their dungeon dream team.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

People need to start posting their builds with actual DPS parses.

Except for you, right? You are just going to give us your two opinions on the two professions you think do the most DPS.

Are you by any chance a politician?

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Lol so many so called “experts” on dps:-D I must always smile when warriors thinks they are actualy good in dps:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Lol so many so called “experts” on dps:-D I must always smile when warriors thinks they are actualy good in dps:-)

No warrior ever think they are good in dps.
only the ignorant public who always thought that warriors were top dps.

Most warriors realized months before everyone else, when people still posting about Warrior so op in PvE, highest dps with heavy armor, etc nonsense.

finally, it’s nice to see the public have been enlightened. Ele was top dps for a long long long time.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Ele is the top by a wide margin and the other classes are fairly close in DPS. Mesmer I personally find frustrating in pve as phantasms die so kittening easily, so in fractals it just feels like I’m running around like a headless chicken hoping to reflect things while idiots tell me to use a GS..

And to those who say necros are useless, well maybe I should run some dungeons with you sometime. Zerker dagger necro has very high single target damage and good AoE burst, I know it offers no group utility, but honestly to that/those people, you’re being a facetious jerk to suggest bearbows are more useful than zerker necros that know what they’re doing..

And as an ele I’ve had far more trouble with guardians spamming symbols and mesmers with their ethereal fields getting in the way of my fire fields than I have with necro wells..

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

However if you want to get INTO speed runs the fastest then your best bet is still warrior, no group I have ever seen would turn down a zerker warrior.

Speedclearing groups that know what they are doing would drop a second warrior in the blink of an eye.

Pugs however, won’t.

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

Speedclearing groups that know what they are doing would drop a second warrior in the blink of an eye.

Correct, one warrior is more then enough to buff teammates so they can have maximum damage output. #nursewar.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

you’re obviously playing a different game.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

I did the same fight on my Necromancer in less time.

bad example attempt, try again.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

necro #1 aa

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Warriors may not have the absolute peak DPS, but look at the “effort” required. 3 passive signets and weapon spam…

in Profession Balance

Lazze.9870

This is irrelevant. In an ultimate group setting for speedclearing, warriors are only there for their abilities to buff the party dps, not because of their personal dps.

in Profession Balance

Rozbuska.5263

I soloed him too. Faster.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Wow. I am actually more impressed with the survivability rather than the damage. Hardly any use of utility skills, no use of adrenalin burst that I saw, and only one dodge needed in the entire fight. If only every class could just facetank bosses like that.

Most impressive.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Actually, warriors are TOP CLEAVE DPS if you ignore the incredibly imbalanced Elementalist summons. Thief is top single target dps.

Most importantly, both guardians and warriors are extremely stable and reliable classes.

Have I mentioned how much i hate elementalists and how toxic I think they are to the whole PvE game??? No, well I hate them!!!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Actually, warriors are TOP CLEAVE DPS if you ignore the incredibly imbalanced Elementalist summons. Thief is top single target dps.

Most importantly, both guardians and warriors are extremely stable and reliable classes.

Have I mentioned how much i hate elementalists and how toxic I think they are to the whole PvE game??? No, well I hate them!!!!

Eles didn’t ask for a bug to their conjured weapons and wall to make them trivialize most pve content. I don’t blame them, I blame anet for never fixing any of their bugs, such as the very being of what the mesmer class is right now: a living bug.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

To be fair, warrior isn’t terrible in DPS either, once you account for the margin of error from fight unpredictability, differences in DPS calculation methods, etc., differences in amount of buffs stacked, etc. the DPS breakdown really looks something like:

Undisputed top: Elementalist
High: Thief, mesmer, warrior, engineer
Low: Ranger, necromancer, guardian

Beyond that I’m not really sure it’s productive to get picky about exact numbers. For example, my spreadsheet might put warriors at 12k DPS in one situation and engineers at 12.5k in the same. It’s pretty easy for an engie to lose 500 DPS due to botched rotations, dodging, having to heal, etc. It’s also possible that the engie will do way more than the warrior because the warrior can’t survive being rooted for HB, can’t get WWA spaced right, etc.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its also possible that engi will do way less because a significant portion is condi damage. :>

in Profession Balance

Lazze.9870

To be fair, warrior isn’t terrible in DPS either, once you account for the margin of error from fight unpredictability, differences in DPS calculation methods, etc., differences in amount of buffs stacked, etc. the DPS breakdown really looks something like:

Ranger and guardian “low”? Mesmers with their suicidal phantasms “high”?
What game have you been playing? How did you manage to come up with such an inaccurate list?

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

What game have you been playing? How did you manage to come up with such an inaccurate list?

Show me a high DPS ranger build then we’ll talk.

in Profession Balance

Simon.3794

not sure what you talking about guardian, in a buffed group, guardian outdps warrior.

in Profession Balance

Prysin.8542

Ranger has the second lowest dps atm. Reason: anet buffed others, but not rangers.

Pet choice is also extremely important in order for ranger to obtain maximum dps. Once the promised buffs to rangers go through, their dps in situations wwith multiple enemies should rise beyond some of the others due to axe maintaining 25 might on pet (which is not given in the current meta)

in Profession Balance

Lazze.9870

Show me a high DPS ranger build then we’ll talk.

Talk about what? Your lack of awareness? I think I’ll pass.

Everyone with the slightliest clue about dungeon speedclearing knows that a fully buffed FrostSpotter ranger got dps on par with a fully buffed EA warriror.

Not that I have to prove anything for someone who puts mesmer in the high damage tier and guardian in the low damage tier. Mesmers are currently, in most dungeon situations, the lowest dps class in the game, only saved by their utilities.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Profession Balance

Lazze.9870

Ranger has the second lowest dps atm.

No, it hasn’t. And it’s amusing that someone who obviously plays the ranger doesn’t know better.

Mainhand axe isn’t gonna be a part of the dungeon meta with or without the buffs it gets. Sword still outdps and will get buffed by the new GM trait.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

http://gw2dps.david-reess.de/

Stick in a composition with a ranger, EA warrior, guardian and then like phalanx warrior and engi to handle might/vuln. Then swap the EA warrior for a 30/25 warrior and the guardian for like a thief or something. Then take a look at the numbers for those two classes compared to ranger.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Its also possible that engi will do way less because a significant portion is condi damage. :>

And it’s also possible that you underestimate the opening burst of Rifle 3+5+acid bomb+grenade barrage.

Engineer dps starts off with a rather huge burst, lowers when you swap to grenade kit, ramps back up and by the time you use the shrapenal grenade a second time you are at your sustained dps rate and almost ready to do your burst skills again.

I kinda want to do trend line graph where the x axis is time and the y axis is average dps at that time. Plot points for 5-10-20-30 seconds and watch how the DPS flows as a fight goes on. But this is a time consuming project that isn’t worth doing until/if FGS gets nerfed.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Maha
That site is really cool, but shouldnt the necros vuln application be way higher?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Prysin.8542

Ranger DPS is infact EASILY 2-3k behind the others.
This is mainly due, like i said earlier, that ranger + pet was NOT buffed, while other professions got buffs.

Facts are facts, numbers don’t lie.

Wanna contest this? Ask for Guang’s calculation on ranger DPS, and my own calculations of pet DPS and in the end, you realize, ranger DPS as is, is crap. If it wasnt for the ranger buffing his/her allies as much as it does, it would be less worth then a necro in PvE

in Profession Balance

Rozbuska.5263

Actually, warriors are TOP CLEAVE DPS if you ignore the incredibly imbalanced Elementalist summons.

They arent. Bomb engi is. And with larger range

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop